Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Howling in the Streets{M} DamoniquexBrokecollege

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wonderful! I'm off for the rest of the weekend, and I've had my allotted requirement of social interaction, so we can keep it going for as long as you'd like.

I like to get a rapport going with my partners, if it isn't too prying to you. I'll answer whatever questions I ask first. So where do you work?

I do contracting, remodels, mostly. It's a good low-pressure job, because you can pick and choose the projects you take on and set your own deadlines/hours/fees based on difficulty, bills, and whatnot. I'm in western Kentucky and freezing my ass off. I'm not far from Lake Barkley/Ken-Lake, and this is actually my busy time of year. All of the cabins/beach rentals are on the off-season and trying to get renovations done in time for spring so they can advertise the places as 'newly renovated' and charge a couple hundred bucks extra when the tourists show up.

PS Kinda drunk so I'm gonna be pretty open for a while. Ask me anything.

Spoiler: Favorite Quotes(Changed Monthly) 

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    romance, werewolves, vampires, etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cool! i don't work tomorrow, so i can do this for as long as my sanity allows me to! but i do work sunday and monday (4-12), so my time will be limited then.

no worries, it's fun to get to know the person you're building a world with. well, i work part time at walmart as an electronic sales associate. FYI, don't ever work there. worst place in the world. anyway, i'm also a fulltime college student. i'm majoring in history and am planning to be a high school teacher.

your job seems pretty sweet! not too laid back, not too serious. and it seems like it would be very interesting with all the contracts and such. i'm in the california valley (about an hour from SF and oakland), AKA the worst place to live in california! its almost always on fire, very polluted, and always super hot, although in recent weeks it has been cooling down some. its also filled with a lot of crime, so that's fun.

hm.. let's see.. have you always lived in kentucky? and what's it like out there?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Posts up, sorry for the delay!

I actually majored in history myself back when I tried to do the college thing....life kinda hit me like a truck junior year, but I've mostly recovered how. Very interesting subject, and most of the people that go for it have a real passion for the subject. I never had more enlightening conversations that in the smoke-pit in front of Faculty Hall, where all history classes were located at MSU, my once-college.

Fires aside, California still sounds great. I've always wanted to go to the pacific, but the Atlantic is closer so I always end up on the east coast when I want to see the ocean. I've loved the waves ever since I was a kid, and one of my goals for next year is to head out and live like a hobo near the beach for at least a month on my savings.

My whole family moved around a lot. I'm originally from Michigan and spent a few years of middle school in Florida(the two could not be more different), before we settled here in Murray, KY. It's a college town, so it's skewed a lot closer to the younger crowd than a lot of Kentucky. It's home to me and I have roots here, so no matter where I go I'll probably end up back here. Life is laid-back and, more importantly, living is cheap.

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the pacific is very, very cold. and very busy, for some reason. ah, you're going to be a beach bum? well, there's a lot of them in california. the ones i've met so far have been really nice and interesting people--especially the ones who are in LA. don't think i'll ever find a more interesting group.

history is very interesting, indeed! i'm sorry that you weren't able to finish with your degree but glad that you were able to recover despite whatever had happened! i have always loved history, ever since i was a little girl. so i figured, why not make it into a career? might as well, right?

wow, you've moved around quite a bit! and throughout different states, too! i've moved around too, but i've stayed in the same couple of cities. i bet you have more than a fair share of stories to tell about your time in florida. if only living here was cheap! everywhere you go the apartments are at least 3,000 bucks. and gas is so expensive, it's awful.

and don't worry about the delay! for some reason this website stops working for me around 1am and doesn't start up again until 2? its weird but idk?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Posted, sorry it took so long, I was busy and then I went off on a tangent doing a little world-building, an tossing in a little insight into Lucent's long term goals.

EDIT:Removed shit that turned out to read weirder in hindsight than intended.
    Last edited by Damonique; 11-25-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

haha alrighty! my response is posted! i go to work tonight (4-12) so i'll be home at about like.. prob 12:20ish? then i'll browse and respond until i pass out!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Posted, it should have went up like an hour ago when I wrote it, but my internet decided to fritz up on me. Seems fixed now, and I work later in the day tomorrow so I'll be up for a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whoop im back from work and i dont work tomorrow (er, today i guess? since its midnight?) so ill be up until i pass out

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Great! I'll be up for a few more hours, at least!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Posted. Sorry for the hour-or-so delay between each reply, I can find myself agonizing way too long on a particular choice of words for whatever I'm describing, and even more deciding if there's anything I want to omit or change before I finally hit reply.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast