Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Howling in the Streets{M} DamoniquexBrokecollege

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

When Elisabeth asked her question, simply on the outside but full of implications, Lucent wanted to be angry. Did she truly think so little of him that his intentions, that he had gone so far to make clear to her, threatened he life over, nearly stopped to begging for her to return, would change so easily in such a short time? Perhaps if she were just anyone, that would be the case. Relationships, of the romantic sort, were not the sort of thing Lucent Mane spent much thought on.

He had seduced, and allowed himself to be seduced, by those who's affection and loyalty could be valuable to him, only to cast them aside when they became inconvenient. And some girls had genuinely fallen for him, with his attractive features, fine tastes, and aura of danger and confidence...until they learned how much of that was simply an act, that outside of calculated gestures he was a man consumed by work and ambition who would never give them more than the barest minimum of his time he set aside for frivolous pursuits.

In this, too, Elisabeth was unique. While the absolute confidence of a love-struck girl who so happened to sit at the right hand of his closest ally and rival, one in the same, Savic, would have proved useful, she had dashed any hope of that in her earlier rejections. And even so, he had kept at it, set aside a day that he could have spent doing a million other things trying to woo her, and when that hadn't worked, he had tried to simply enforce her submission from a position of power....and failed, completely and utterly. Perhaps that should have been enough to change his mind. But still he found himself drawn to her, and there had to be some reason for it.

"Dearest Elisabeth, nothing has changed since that night...." He started, and then leaned in, burying his face in the chocolate river of her hair in order to speak directly into her ear, taking in a deep breath of her oh-so familiar scent that stood out even through the sea of perfumes, colognes, and pheromones that choked their air upstairs, and gave him the utmost confidence in what he was about to say. "..I showed you weakness, and if I didn't think I might love you, I'd have to hate you for it. And if I hated you, you'd already be dead." He whispered softly, with finality, placing the barest kiss on the crook of her neck. And then, suddenly, the moment was gone. He pulled back, with much difficulty, from that compromising position, and turned on heel, heading back towards the stairs.

"Keep that in mind, Mrs. Vaughn. Food will be served soon, and then the show starts." He called back, very formally, over his shoulder, all business. And still not indicating what was so special about whatever was going to happen next, but leaving no doubt that tonight was about more than formal introductions and civil discussion.

Spoiler: Favorite Quotes(Changed Monthly) 

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    romance, werewolves, vampires, etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lucent informed Elisabeth that, despite what she thought, nothing had changed since that night. So, even after everything she had told him that night, he had still retained his feelings for her? Lucent leaned forward, closing any distance that was left between the two by burying his face in the brunette's hair. Her body froze, and her eyes became wide with surprise. What was he doing?! Why was he doing this?! And what if someone saw them like this?!

Lucent quietly informed Elisabeth that if he didn't think he loved her, he would've killed her after his display of weakness. Wait.. he felt that he might he love her? Elisabeth tried to form a reply through her jumbled thoughts, but her mind only became more scattered when Lucent placed a skin against the crook of her neck. He then pulled back, told Elisabeth when the food would be ready, and then walked away. Elisabeth stood there for who knows how long, just staring at the wall with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.

Oh, God, she really should have kept her mouth shut. When the blush had faded from her cheeks and the surprise had (somewhat) drained from her eyes, Elisabeth thought it best to head back upstairs. She made sure that both her hair and her outfit were in pristine condition before she rushed out of the hallway and back upstairs. The room was as she had left it--a wild mess with hundreds of different conversations happening all at once.

But no table was rowdier than Khlia's table--of course. Anywhere Khlia Mane was sitting was no doubt the rowdiest. Elisabeth greeted those who greeted her before she made her way to the elite's table and took her seat back besides the Mane twin. As soon as she was seated, she picked up her glass of vodka and drank what was left of the cup. After what happened downstairs, she needed all the vodka she could get.
    "and like all lovers and sad people, i am a poet."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Things had gotten even more chaotic in the short time since they had been gone, and this was in the main room. Who knew what may be going on in the side rooms set aside for the less prestigious guests. The drinks had flowed and with it came the usual problems associated with too much alcohol and competing egos. There was, though, a bubble of calm and decorum around Savic at the head of the main table and extending to the Luna's table, courtesy of a goodly number of Fang, Evertail, and Jurchen guards posted around, but apparently, the goings-on elsewhere they weren't concerned with.

Khlia seemed to be enjoying herself, and in this case, that fun was a male that would have been imposing, if he wasn't currently kneeling at her feet, being forced to look up at her by Alicia's uninjured hand in his hair, several bloody tears in the back of his suit, courtesy of Lash's whip. Lucent's twin was holding one of the Omega servers by the collar, pressing the terrified-looking girl towards the man and speaking rough words that, as she drew nearer, Elisabeth could make out.

"See the symbol? Fang mark, Fang property. Mine. Not for you. Looking? Fine. Ask Alpha Lucent, ask me, with respect? Maybe we'd have let you borrow her. Not now though. Bad warrior touches without permission." Khlia stated in a drunken tone, anger evident, but from the rough and careless way she flung the Omega behind her when her point was made, it wasn't really for the girls sake that she was doing this. It was about respect and also her own amusement. Khlia finally noticed Elisabeth's return, and also that of her brother, who was having to deal with the concerns of the man's leader, who seemed torn between prickled honor at one of his fighters being treated so by a woman, and apologies out of fear that the man's actions would reflect badly on himself.

She, Alicia, and Lash returned to their table after Lucent snapped his fingers and gave an order, having the man taken away. He wouldn't be punished, Khlia had already given him a harsh enough lesson, but he would be forced to spend the rest of the night in one of the side rooms. His leader was advised to teach his subordinates better manners in a tone that said Lucent would only ask nicely once, honestly relieved that Khlia hadn't killed him outright for the sport of it. That would have been less easily resolved.

"Have a good talk with my brother? Is good, he needed a break from all of this." Khlia stated more than asked, in a neutral tone, having clearly found that Lucent's own disappearance shortly after the brunette stormed off suspicious, and Alicia leaned over with a gleam in her eye, suddenly interested. Lash was too busy wiping the blood off the finely oiled leather of her whip with a napkin to care.

"Really, after our dear Lucent, are you? That's bold of you, Elisabeth. No faulting you on taste, naturally, we do adore him so, but he can be quite difficult." Alicia said in a way that made it difficult to tell if she was being sincere or mocking towards the brunette. Khlia gave a snort of derision and rolled her eyes.

"Ice Queen means that he's immune to her, so there must be something wrong with him. Probably because she was mine first, and we've never been ones for sharing toys. He took care of his things, I broke mine. Not much has changed." The scarred woman stated with a chuckle.
    Last edited by Damonique; 12-07-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Elisabeth wasn't surprised that, upon their return to the table, Khlia and Alicia began to poke and prod about her conversation with Lucent. Elisabeth, of course, was not going to answer any of their questions truthfully. She couldn't tell Khlia and her finest warriors that their Alpha--their darling Alpha--had buried his face in her hair and muttered about how he might have loved her, and how that was the only reason she had survived after his display of weakness.

"Yes, we had a nice talk," Elisabeth stated as she set down her empty cup on the table. It had been a nice talk at first, but towards the end, it did nothing but leave Elisabeth a jumbled and flustered mess. When Alicia butted in, Elisabeth bit down on her tongue and smiled. She had already snapped at Alicia once in front of Khlia; she couldn't do it again. She didn't think Khlia would let her live if she disrespected her warrior twice in one night. "Oh, is that jealousy I hear?" Elisabeth hummed as she toyed with her cup.

Khlia then informed Elisabeth that Alicia had tried to seduce Lucent, but failed because he was "immune" to her. Khlia's reason for his immunity towards Alicia's beauty was because she had a taste of the girl first, and whenever she played with something she always broke it. Well, that explained a lot. "We only talked about tonight's event," Elisabeth explained as she leaned back into her chair. "The Alpha said he had something planned. He didn't tell me what it was, though. Just that it would be worth the wait. And then he went back upstairs, and I finished talking to my warriors." she lied with a slight shrug.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

"Sometimes broken is better." Lash interjected, suddenly paying attention, though that cryptic statement was all she added for now, having finally finished with her whip and snapping it experimentally towards server whilst holding out her wine glass for a refill. It was done immediately, an the small woman smiled, as if proving her point.

"Jealousy? No, not at all. True, I've set my eye on the less Masculine mane before, but it's not as if you'll be keeping him long." Alicia started, and smirked at the low growl Khlia made at the little barb that could have been directed at either of the twins. It was an easy shot to make, and not inaccurate, for all they shared a face and eyes, the Manes were quite different, and often the reverse of what one would expect.

"I'm not opposed to letting another woman try her hand...or other bits...at keeping his attention. Just don't be disappointed when he cares more about his books and business more than you. What I don't understand is how he can have so much power but have so little fun with it. How very boring. Khlia, any idea?" She continued, to which the female twin just gave a shrug. She knew more about her brother's plans than most, but that didn't make them make any more sense to her. He planned, she just executed.

Lucent, for his part, was putting the finished touches on a plan at just that moment with Savic. They had agreed in general on what was going to happen tonight, but as his partner and fellow Alpha, the older man needed to be in unanimous agreement, show a united front with him. Usually, Khlia would be in the loop, but not for this. She'd prefer something less discreet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alicia was not jealous. Besides, even if Elisabeth did somehow manage to rope Lucent into her arms, it was not as if she would keep him interested for long. Well, at least there was one thing Elisabeth and Alicia agreed on. That was one of the major reasons why she refused to submit to Lucent--she did not want to be used by him and then tossed aside after a few weeks when something newer caught his attention.

Alicia then warned Elisabeth not to get too upset when Lucent paid more attention to his books and his business than her. Oh, if only she knew how much that wouldn't upset her. If Lucent were focused more on his duties than he was on her, then that would solve at least half of her problems. But Khlia and her elite women did not need to know that. "And who is to say that I will share the same problems you faced? Maybe my talents will interest him more than yours," she mused with a smirk.

She waited for Alicia's reaction to pass before she continued, "Anyway, you can relax. I'm too focused on my duties as Lieutenant to pursue a relationship with Alpha Mane. Besides, I would think he is too busy organizing everything to think about a relationship." she informed. That was a lie. Even though he probably was insanely busy with his plans and his allies, Lucent still somehow managed to find a way to make time for Elisabeth. Even if it was just enough time to fluster her in the hallway.

Deciding she had enough of the current conversation, Elisabeth yawned and stretched her hands high above her head. "Oh, I'm so hungry. When is the food going to come out?" she questioned as she slowly dropped her hands onto her lap.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Finally, it was time. Xian showed up to inform Lucent that all preparations had been completed, and he had a few last minute words with individuals who he had dispersed throughout the crowd, people noone really knew, who had worked their way into various entourages, to the sides of several notables, watching and listening for him.

Mishka was one of them, scantily dressed and leading several other young women of his pack in in using their charms to pry away secrets, while he had conscripted several of the more discreet fang males to do the same by plying their targets with alcohol. One by one, they disappeared, their part done. No-one would remember them or the fake names they worked under by tomorrow, with any luck. A few last words with Savic, and also the Luna Mallory, who proven a quite adept politician in the short time Lucent had known her, and it was decided and settled.

Lucent stood from the head table, turned up his head, and transformed it into that of a wolf, and let out a howl that cut through the din, silencing the room and drawing all eyes towards him, remaining in that partially shifted shape long enough to let his predatory green eyes pass over the crowd that now watched him intently before returning to his human visage, seeming pleased with himself, basking in the attention. Savic stood as well, for appearances sake, but the older wolf didn't take part of the theatrics, instead just looking self-assured and amused.

"Friends, allies, pack-mates old and new, I hope you've enjoyed my hospitality so far...' At this, a number of Khlia's warriors, minor notables, and the simply drunk began to bang their hands on their tables, creating a din of applause and shouting their approval, as if on cue, and he waited for it to die down before continuing. "....you haven't even seen the half of it, yet. food is soon to be served, in quality and quantity enough to sate the appetites of any wolf." More cheering, a few thankful grumbles. right now, Lucent was just setting the stage, making a well-rehearsed address. A little bit of Antony here, some Lincoln there, all carefully designed to dispose the crowd toward him and leave no doubts that they owed this, all of this, to Alpha Lucent of the Fangs.

"But first, while I have your attention, I'd like to say a few words for myself, as your host. First, a question. What are we? Are we Evertail, or Fang? Moonhowl, Windpelt, Skyclaw, Proudrunner, Nightwalker..." He went on like this for a long while, naming from memory and giving a slight nod towards the men seated here who had once led those myriad packs and many more, until all had been accounted for. It was a touching, if inexplicable gesture. Those were lost-names, no longer packs, all of them were now either Fang or Evertail, having given their submissions to either Lucent or Savic, yet they were still important to those who had once borne them. The once-alphas puffed out their chests with pride, and their warriors recited old battle-verses when they were called.

"They are good names, old names, just as worthy as Evertail or Fang. But we are not simply our names, we are WOLVES! I once thought myself apart from you, and you from me, but here we are. Every one of us knows the taste of blood in our teeth, wind in our fur. That is what we are." He intoned solemnly, many were enraptured by Lucent's words, if only because of the way he said them, feeding into the collective ego in this room that was an unstoppable force when it wasn't divided against itself.

"There are no outsiders, no enemies under this roof, and together, as wolves, we are unstoppable. We have tasted nothing but victories, faced no defeats. Subdued the Whiteclaw, avenged Jonas of the Moonhowl, sent the Freerunners off bloodied to abandon their so-called 'allies' in the Stormfur to defeat and disgrace and run back to Damon Redmoon, who didn't lift a paw to aid them. Those are no allies, no friends, no brothers. Not as we are, and so we will always defeat them." He finished, clasping Savic's hand in his and raising it symbolically, to applause and clanging on tables, especially from the warriors, this time feeding into the drive for battle and thirst for victory, superiority. It was a dramatization, and abstraction, very nearly a pack of lies, and most them would know it. But they also wouldn't care, because he was telling them everything what they wanted to hear. Even those he knew hated him couldn't deny these successes and couldn't help but cheer along.

"Now for the food. After that, business must be concluded, and then the entertainment, and I think you'll all be awed and humbled by what I have in store." He concluded with a short bow, the possible double meaning of that last turn of phrase lost in the largest cheer yet, which was not unwarranted, as a feast was rolled through the doors that set even the one Elisabeth had gotten to attend with the Jurchen leaders to shame. Lucent and Savic took their seats, and the older, red-haired Alpha gave him a long look, studying him.

"Lucent, my boy, you love that more than anything, don't you? The vindication, the validation of their hanging on your every pretty word. Just remember that they aren't actually cheering for either of us. It's for themselves, for the pat on the back and the free dinner. Nothing more." The man stated with a shrug that said it didn't matter to him, it's not as if any of this would be laid at his feet, so much did they love to hate the Manes. Savic could always blame the Pact.

Lucent just kept grinning as their meal was served, because the old Alpha had him all wrong. Momentary adoration went nothing for him, but he'd planted the ideas he wanted to in their heads. They didn't have to all love them for the plan to work, they just had to believe they were better off with him than against him.
    Last edited by Damonique; 12-11-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At long last, it was time for the food--or, time for the speech before the meal. After Lucent had successfully captured everyone's attention with a howl, he began his long and roar-invoking speech. Every word that he said elicited some sort of response from a handful of wolves. Most of the times the responses were cheers, other times it was nods of approvals. Even his enemies--those Alpha's and former Lieutenants who had resisted giving into the Fangs and the Evertails--seemed to agree with his passionate words and declarations.

Elisabeth leaned forward in her seat, her head slightly tilted in interest as she watched Lucent deliver the final lines of his speech. If Lucent had been born a human, she mused, he could have become an excellent politician. He had a talent for whispering honeyed words and an even bigger talent for getting people to believe them. When his speech and symbolic display of unity was over, the meal was finally presented to the hungry wolves.

And, my, what a meal it was! Elisabeth didn't think she had ever seen this much food all in one place at the same time! As soon as the food was placed down in front of them, everyone dug in. There were no manners, no "please pass this" or "please hand me that." You took what you could get, and if you couldn't get it, then that was your fault. But that was to be expected, after all. This was a group of wolves, not humans. They knew no manners, and if they did, then they merely chose not to express them.

Once her plate was filled to the brim with food, Elisabeth dug in. The food was, of course, delicious. And never-ending, it seemed. Whenever even the slightest of dents were made among the dozens of entrees, it was simply replaced with another plate. She ate what she could, and what she couldn't eat she saved for her warriors downstairs. When she had finally finished, Elisabeth leaned back to watch the others stuff their mouths with food.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Khlia seemed to take genuine pride in her brother as she rallied the claps and cheers to his speech among her warriors. Recognizing their old names appealed to the former leaders, the dignified and experienced, the extolling of their past victories and promises of victories to come appealing to you young and restless, those hungry for blood and glory. And the voice, the practiced, confident tone that ran counter to his soft-spoken nature that he had perfected for moments just like this.

Moments like this reminded her why she had done everything,even the things he didn't now about, that she had to do to put him here in this room, to do what he did best. For however she little cared about the grand dreams and strategies to make them reality that he composed in that ever racing mind of his, she knew it would be worth it just to see her beloved brother finally achieve them and let the racing stop to appreciate it. She turned to Elisabeth, catching a glimpse of similar admiration, if a bit more tempered, in her almond eyes.

"My brother, like a warrior who fights with words for claws and smiles for fangs. More Redmoons will die because of that speech than any of us could kill on our own. Look at them..." She turned her attention towards the warriors lining the table, digging in with vigor, talking amongst themselves, about past triumphs and future glories, all comrades here despite the feuds that had stood between some of their packs for generations. "...yours, mine, a dozen others, young, strong, thirsting for the same blood. One pack, one digaltin. It is good, and I will lead them." She finished with a gleam in her eye, and tore into another rack of ribs.

"A lot of them will die. Fast. Without ever tasting a kill." Lash stated simply, as she idly as she took idle bites from each platter before sending it down the line to the ever-voracious warriors and called for another, either looking for something that deserved her attention or just trying to be a nuisance to the servers. Alicia was too busy further down, feet kicked up on the table, arms at her sides, letting an attractive young male(who Elisabeth would be chagrined to tell was one of hers) feed her morsels from his own plate, chatting all the while about nothing and everything, but most pointedly fishing for information on Elisabeth.

"That is the way, the weak die, the strong fight harder for revenge. At least they don't die for nothing." Khlia responded to Lash's statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Khlia turned to Elisabeth after the ruckus had settled some and proudly stated that her brother's words were like claws while his smiles resembled fangs. Elisabeth nodded in agreement. It amazed her how similar and yet how different the twins were. Not only in appearance and personality, but in specialties as well. Both had a fire and passion for battle--the only difference was the kind of battle they were passionate about.

Khlia favored the battle of fangs and claws, while Lucent favored the battle of tongues. Combined, they were unstoppable. Elisabeth waved down an Omega and had her replace her empty bottle of vodka before she returned her attention to Khlia. Because of her brother's speech, every man in that room would fight against the Redmoons. And Khlia, well, she would lead them. Elisabeth hummed softly--she wondered how all of those former Alphas and former Lieutenants would feel about that.

"Of course, Lieutenant Mane." the young girl agreed just as the Omega returned with her bottle. She poured herself a large cup, her gaze momentarily flickering over towards Alicia and the pathetic man who fed her. Oh, and of course, it had to be her pathetic man. She made sure to remember his face so that she may punish him when they returned to their territory. She would not have her men, her seasoned warriors, behave in such a humiliating manner.

"You've any idea what your brother has in store for us tonight, Khlia?" Elisabeth questioned as she tore her gaze from Alicia. "He bragged about how the 'main event' was soon to come and how it would be well worth the wait, but he hasn't let anyone know even the slightest bit of detail," she explained as she lifted her glass to her lips. She took a sip from the cup before she set it back down onto the table and sighed. "I think it'll be something to rally the men more. Omega women for them to indulge in, probably."

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast