Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [M] Imperial Battle Mage Academy [Holeypaladin and Kortaga]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Siegfried’s explanation of why a sword could best a castor reliant on a catalyst was the exact reason she trained so hard to be able to cast without one. A catalyst in her mind simply allowed the strain of the casting to not be solely on the body. Mana costs were the same but you just did not get heavy and tired with a proper catalyst. Thus allowing higher tiered magic to be used. Some magic simply needed multiple castors or catalysts, it was a fact. Hence why she had a very special two made for her. Knowing that she would need to learn draconic incantations made her nervous especially with her wondering if her catalysts would work through Draconic. Draconic was such a harsh and violent language she really did not care for it…but if Siegfried could do it than so could she.

Siegfried began to leave the training area and then mentioned that he would at least take her to the registrar. He mentioned that she would be given her school attire which would be good. She needed to stand out less and being a dark haired elf was not doing her any favors.

As they walked he thought about what would suit her the best based on what he had seen. Certainly this was not the do all be all of her ability but Siegfried made an astute guess. Once again realizing that his intellect was at least optimal, though why his intelligence mattered to her was somewhat of a mystery even to herself.

Battle mage was the first name that came out and she thought that it might suit her. War Wizard sounded silly as such she felt like she might steer away from it plus it sounded like it would not lead her to the goal she had set for herself. Spell blade was another concept she liked. Finally he did manage to say magic infiltrator and researcher which he thought she would not care for. She frowned a bit at that…for a multitude of reasons. Another thing that bothered her was the fact that he did specifically leave out Arcane Knight…She had not met his expectations…he was better than her in his eyes. Arcane Knight seemed to be the cream of the crop here. She scowled a bit but simply let out a sigh and looked away. She crossed her arms and said, “I will work my way up then. It would be better this way so no one doubted my ability…”

She would hate it if she was made Arcane Knight because she asked for it. No she needed her peers backing…she needed to stand on everyone’s shoulders and be recognized.

As he gestured for her to go inside she made her way to the counter. The lady at the desk looked lovely and when she came in she smiled. “Hello! How might I assist you today?” Nephy gave her a bit of an awkward smile and said, “Yes I am a new recruit I am here to receive my clothing and to figure out where I should go for lodging.” She of course would need to gather her things but that was a small hurdle. The lady smiled again and said, “Can I have your measurements as well as what field you are going to be a part of?” Nephy blushed slightly at the comment and decided she would whisper it to the girl and then louder said, “I will be joining the Spell blades.”

Out of everything he said that one would fit her the most…at least she hoped. If not she would always move to another group…like the arcane knights.

After a few minutes she received quite a few pairs of clothing, thankfully enough to be able to wash in between and then she also received a small case. As she looked at it the lady said, “That will be your school identification. Please carry with you at all times. It does give you special provisions outside of the school such as spell usage among other things.” Nephy nodded, smiled, and responded, “Thank you kindly.” The lady give her two bags one for clothing and one for books. She had not seen the clothing yet but that would have to wait till later tonight.

As she walked back out she said, “Th-thank you for waiting. Now I just need to register my accommodations and I’ll be all set. Is that also done here or should we go to the dorms themselves?” This was something she was nervous about. She knew she would have to have at least one other person if not more living in the same area. She figured it might be fun but it would also be easy to mess with her. She also really hoped that she did not get placed with a bunch of elves in a segregated community. Sometimes it was good to have people of similar culture together…but for her…she would rather not.

She also looked at him and said, “Is magic prohibited outside the school? She mentioned students had special…something outside the school. Oh and also I wondered what the living conditions were like. Oh Oh and also I decided to take your advice and start as a Spell Blade!” She gave him a confident expression like she was the best thing ever.

What that confidence really hide however was just how happy she was…she might be able to carve out something for herself here.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Siegfried didn't think it odd that the girl didn't show signs of meeting the same standard that he himself held to. Though he took pride in being in the Arcane Knight program, he knew it wasn't for everyone, and figured her talents were better suited towards a field that was less martial, and more magically focused. After all, there was no denying her magical aptitude, and it was clear she didn't favor the heavy armor and weapons of an Arcane Knight like himself.

He nodded at her words. "It's usually best to start off in a field where you know you can excel, prove yourself better than everyone else in your class, and get a recommendation to a more advanced level of study, after all. Most Arcane Knights start in the Arcane Warrior field, though it's not unheard of for them to come from Battlemage or Spellsword schools."

He stood outside the Registrar, listening to the conversation between Nephinae and the secretary. He chuckled a bit to himself when the girl refused to speak her measurements out loud, glancing over to see her whispering them to the lady instead. It was rather adorable how the young elf was so shy about such things, though it did make him a bit curious as to what her measurements were.

Before long she was returning to him, and he gave her a nod as she mentioned which field she had chosen to start in. "I believe Spellsword apprentices are required to craft their own rune blades, which is something more unique to their field of study. I rarely use a rune blade myself, though perhaps I should practice a bit more with one... it never hurts to gain further knowledge in martial and magical combat, right?"

He gave her a slight smile, noting her confidence and positive mood despite her attempts to conceal how happy she was. "I'll show you to the dormitory next, then," he remarked, motioning for her to follow him to the dormitory. Lower division dorms for non-combat apprentices were divided into male and female dorms, the more crowded of which being, interestingly, the female. This was because male apprentices often preferred combat-focused fields of study instead. The dormitory for combat focused mages was coed, though it was rare for roommates to be of mixed gender.

Walking up to the dormitory, the knight said, "I'm guessing you'll be moving in to your room now, so I guess I'll see you later then... Nephinae." Waving to her briefly, he headed up to Room 409, which he currently inhabited by himself. While it was normal to have a roommate in the dormitory, he did not currently have one, as the dorm was not yet full to capacity.

By the time the elf was given the key to Room 409 and told to head up and change in to the blue apprentice robes of the Spellblades, Siegfried was already sitting at a desk in the room, reading a spellbook on Abjuration that was written in Draconic runes.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Siegfried mentioned something that she had been wondering herself. The different classifications always lead to an advanced class. As he said she would work hard and get recommended to an advanced type of class. She nodded at this…it made sense really. No one started privileged so everyone worked their way to what they desired. It was as she would call it a classless system. Did not matter if you were noble or commoner. She personally liked this system, this is what made a solid country, for the ability to rise and the ones who were cocky to fall. She needed to watch herself, she was very confident and as she had noticed sometimes overly so. Such was that of elvish higher class…not that she fit that mold very well.

When he mentioned that she would need a rune blade she held up her head in noble confidence. “I already have one! If they ask me to craft another for practice purposes I will. Mine however is a lovely blade made from linyenwa Isil alda. It is very powerful. I think you will be quite fascinated by it. Maybe if you are nice I’ll let you swing it around.” She glanced at him with a teasing smile, of course she would let him she owed him for today. Plus the blade while of high quality was not one of the ancient treasures so no one should make a fuss if a human touches it.

“Nehtar Arauco is what my great grandmother called it. She gave it to me with the expectation that one day I will be fit to wield it.” She nodded to herself at that, attempting to ignore her brother’s and sister’s protests pounding in her head. She shook it slightly trying to focus on the matters at hand.

As they made it to the front window of the dormitories Siegfried bid her Farwell. She bowed to him and said, “and I you Siegfried.” As he walked away she was surprised at him. He was stoic but if you catch him he gives small smirks and chuckled. If not for her elven ears you might never hear him make a sound. He was gifted for a human and she wondered how he got to where he did. She imagined he was popular in a number of ways and hated by many more. Nephinae was exceedingly gifted in magic even for an elf but the only thing she got was scorn and hate. Thinking only to her great grandmother; the only one whom showed her neutrality.

The fact that he waved to her…was that normal or did he actually enjoy her company. They stuck to mostly school topics not really getting to know each other. If he knew about her…would he still be this way. Her eyes squinted slightly…this man, a closed secret to her.

The lady informed her that she was already registered by the headmaster and that she would be staying in room 409 with one other occupant. She smiled and nodded to the desk lady and then she was informed that her bag was brought here. She thanked the desk lady again and together with all her bags, struggling slightly, carried her things up the stairs. A few boys had tried to offer their assistance but she declined them. She would not be a very good warrior if she could not carry her own things. She noticed she was a rare thing in the upper dormitories. She saw a few elves on the lower floors all of which gave her either a cold shoulder or spit out that terrible word as she passed. She paused at the third floor and said, “Guess that name is going to follow me to any elf I meet huh?” She would not be surprised if one of her relatives had warned the elves here. I pray that it is not an elven roommate. Please be anything else…

Finally making it to the Fourth floor she made her way down to room nine. She paused as she put her things down…then she reached out and turned the key. As the door unlocked and she opened it she saw…saw…

“S-s-s-s-Seig…” he was sitting at a desk in the room. He was…not comfortable but…her face turning pink she back peddled out of the door and looked at the room number again. She then checked her key again and confirmed it for herself.

They were roommates…haha…ha…so funny…

She made her way back into the room and said, “Th-thank you for having me…” he mind buzzed wondering why in the seven hells did they put her in a room with a boy? Was this staged? If so why would the headmaster do this? Was Siegfried way more important than she realized. Should she have been more respectful to him? What if he was a prince or something?

She moved her three bags into the room and closed the door. She felt like such an invader…she felt her skin crawling…”I…I…umm…need to…change…” She quickly grabbed the bag with her new outfit and rushed into the bathroom.

Okay Nephinae listen up you are a respectable girl. No one is going to judge for this, this was forced upon you. You are a big girl and would be used to staying with guys in the military anyway. He is probably thrilled to have you as a lovely addition to his room. On the brighter side…he has to at least be your something now. She thought they might vanish from each other lives but now they were stuck. She thought she would be placed with a Rune balder like herself. She wondered how planned this…the thought of Siegfried saying see you later made her wonder…no…he does not seem like the dishonest type.

As she finished putting on her attire she looked at herself in the mirror…a pause caused for concern. Unable to contain it she lets out. “HOW DOES ANYONE FIGHT IN THIS?” She felt like she was…well not naked but this was probably the most revealing thing she had ever worn. “It shows off more than my night garments…” She suddenly covered her mouth and realized Siegfried could hear her…

She opened the door and tentatively stepped out. She felt like a whore…dressing up for a Spirit based event…

Thankfully her shoes were knee highs with small heels but the skirt she felt had to be extendable…she felt like any sudden movements might cause it to blow up. If that was not the worst part she had gloves but it exposed her elbows and even her shoulders. Even the weaving at the top was intended she show the tops of her…she both attempted to pull up her top and down at the same time. An eternal battle for her. She also noted that she should have been more prepared…she saw the uniforms on her way up but was too focused on her issues to even notice.

She pulled her hat down as if vainly trying to hide her face. To be fair as far as colors go Blues and blacks with a little silver fit her hair color well and her eyes came off like a demons if she could manage a cold look down on you stare like a normal elf could. Looking at her now though she doubted Siegfried could ever see her as evil.

She sat down on the bed and crossed her legs to cover what little the skirt did not. A blush on her face she said…”I…I…sorry. I thought… it would be a girl. I should have knocked…umm…so…room rules?” She tried to smile but she was overwhelmed at this point. At least he did not come off as a pervert. She needed to change the topic of her mind…
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight chuckled somewhat at the words of the elf, giving her a nod. "Show it to me sometime, and in exchange I'll show you a bit of how the Foundry circuit works. Seems fair, right?" Judging by the name of the sword, it was a very old elven blade, likely older than Nephinae herself. "Mithril, I take it?" he asked a bit more about her sword, figuring that it was unlikely to be a cold steel blade due to the fairy origin of elven magic. "It should serve as a useful main weapon, though they'll likely force you to take classes as to how to make runeblades using draconic runes instead."

Heading up to his room, he opened up the spellbook of Abjuration. He was reading about the Destroy Barrier spell, a very useful, yet rather difficult spell to cast, when he heard a key turning at his door. Curious, he turned to see who it was, only to see the pretty young elf yet again, with an absolutely adorable, embarrassed reaction to his presence. Chuckling a bit at her stuttered words, he said, "Oh, hi. I kinda figured I'd be getting a roommate at some point."

Though surprised at the fact that his roommate was a pretty young elf girl, it wasn't completely unheard of, and he simply chuckled and nodded at her words, watching as she went in to the bathroom to change. Hearing her startled expression about how to fight in the apprentice robes, he couldn't help but laugh in response, though likely a bit too loud as he figured she could hear him just as he could hear her.

As she emerged from the bathroom in the blue robes of the spellblade, he glanced over at her, briefly looking over her. "Looks good on you," he remarked. Due to the short length of the skirt, it seemed like he saw a brief exposure as she sat and crossed her legs... though it might have been his imagination. He shook his head at her apology. "No need to worry. As far as room rules are concerned... common sense consideration and respect should cover it. Don't bring a boy in here if you don't want me bringing girls in here. That sort of thing."

"Oh..." he said, as if realizing something for the first time. "If you're my roommate, then we'll most likely be partnered up for special missions. That's typically the way things work around here, at least. So I guess we already have a head start in our training together."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

He complimented her...and when he said that she looked at him timidly at first but then went to squint. He was just being nice...she knew that she was not attractive in the slightest. Everyone around her had made that clear early on in her life. The only thing she had was strong magic and her dedication. She still was rather thankful...she needed to lighten up. Siegfried had done nothing but been exceptionally kind to her and here she was judging him. She had to let out a small sigh, physically trying to relax.

He mentioned that common sense consideration was what she should follow. She did have one significant problem...she had never lived with anyone before...she had a “Family” but they did not allow her to live in the same home as them.

As such she was thankful for the following explanation and he even then went on to mentioned that they would more than likely be going on special missions together. This got her excited. She wanted to prove to him and everyone that she could be useful and strong. Plus, if Siegfried’s performance was affected by her. she had to do her best.

Going back to his comment though she quickly stood back up. She moved around and started to go through her clothing bag again. “You do not need to worry about me bringing anyone here. I wouldn’t want to kill anyone by giving them affection.” One might consider that she was making a joke except for the fact that she said it in such a matter of fact, serious, and slightly sad manner. “If you aim to have a significant other, just allow me notice so i can give you privacy. I know young males such as yourself enjoy the company of lady’s upon occasion.” She had a younger brother who was always around ladies showing off. She knew what roughly went on between a man and a woman.

She had no idea…but she thought she did.

“Besides you seem desirable so I imagine you have the occasional suitor.” She suddenly picked up a piece of cloth that made no sense to her. It was small black and seemed to have one larger hole and two small ones. She figured it had nothing to do with her top...so not a shirt…

She then found another one that looked liked the straps she wore around her chest. These ones however seemed curved in a way...she gave them both a confused look. She noticed she had quite a number of these. Only ever in white or black. Three of each color making six pairs in total. She took out the rest of her blue outfits and wished she had something different. She only brought two outfits with her so she supposed in total she had eight outfits in total.

She played with the fabric and smiled...hoping for a new beginning.

She glanced over to her roommate and with a smaller voice said, “Umm...I know I may ask...alot of obvious things...and I am sorry for being so naive. If I bother you in anyway please be direct about it. I cannot fix myself if you do not tell me how to.”

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Glancing over to the girl as she stood up again, the knight thought for sure he saw something this time, though her words caused him to chuckle somewhat. "So are you some kind of princess or something? Not permitted to get too familiar with a man, lest you become unsuitable for an arranged marriage?" It was considered law in the Empire that in order to be suitable for an arranged marriage, a princess or noble's daughter had to be a virgin... for her to be otherwise could be considered an act of war, rather than a treaty of peace.

He shrugged off her comment regarding his desire for young ladies, and though her comment on him being desirable was flattering, he paid it little mind. "I don't have much interest in whores, or in girls who only see me as a means to improve their own social and political standing." Watching as she held up some women's underwear and gave it a look of confusion, as if she had no idea what it was, he suppressed the urge to laugh. He had heard that elves didn't wear them, and given her confusion, this seemed to be true, at least in her case. Which indicated she currently wasn't wearing anything under...

Well, being a guy, he felt it would only be more awkward if he tried to explain the purpose of the garment to the elf girl, and thus made no comment. He shook his head at her meek comment, saying, "You don't need to worry about that. I imagine this is your first time away from Elven culture, so of course some things will be new to you. I can answer obvious questions, but there's a chance you might find the answer embarrassing." Especially, he figured, if it was a question involving her undergarments, or current lack thereof in this case.

Closing up the spellbook for the time being, he made his way over to his own bed, sitting on the edge of it and looking at the elf girl. Watching as she began to sort her garments, he wondered if she felt any embarrassment doing so in front of him, though her confusion as to the purpose of some of them was almost as adorable as her inexperience in wearing such urban fashions of the Imperial City. "So you mentioned having a spellblade?" he asked, figuring it was among the things she had packed.
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 02-14-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

"So are you some kind of princess or something? Not permitted to get too familiar with a man, lest you become unsuitable for an arranged marriage?"

They each had a desk so she started to move her things onto it. “Oh ahh…no. My Grandfather is one of the main foreign affairs officers for the elves. I am the youngest and most likely last of my father’s children. So I really am not worth much of anything though to humans it sounds like I do. As for marriage…” She felt her siblings and parents bashing their comments again and she closed her eyes briefly hesitating as she placed the ink down onto the desk. “The uhh…last time I gave someone a kiss they…well they uhh…erupted in purple flames.”

She remembered her family bringing her into the room. Watched as she was told to help a man and that she needed to give him a healing kiss. She was small and young and thought how amazing it was it was that she could heal people with just desiring and loving them. When she gave him a peck on the cheek though she watched in horror as he suddenly started to scream and her father told her to watch. He died slowly and smelled worse than anything she had ever seen. She hated flame magic for that very reason. She was over it enough to use it…but she made sure never to show affection to anything again. It had been a trick…someone scheduled for death but she had no idea. She believed she was cursed…

As she went back and examined the clothing some more she slowly started to figure out what her clothing was actually doing…he mentioned he had no interest in whores or those who wanted to improve their standing. This caused her a bit of confusion as she started holding the undergarments in different places attempting to see how it would fit. “So you want someone of higher status than yourself and she needs to have not slept around. That is some tough criteria you have laid out. I am certain there are a few though that would meet it and find you worthwhile.” Finally it clicked and she paused for a moment…really? She turned her head and gave her him an awkward smile. “Another…moment…please…” She went back into the bathroom and attempted what she thought was right. Ahh…so this was why they were okay wearing such short clothing…

As she walked out a little flushed she cleared her throat. “Yes…thank you…and I’ll live through any embarrassment. As for the blade.” She moved over to her last bag and reached in pulling out a summoning scroll. She smiled with glee as she opened it up and biting onto her thumb she dabbed a small bit of blood onto the scroll. She laid her hands on it and hummed to herself while she called out to the blade. As she did the ink began to light up and then vanish. In front of her though was not a blade but a small piece of parchment. Confused she tilted her head to read it.

Cin gar- baw foeir na ha.

She leaned back against her bed and felt a wash of new darker emotions. She whispered to herself giving a slight chuckle. “You do not deserve it…” It was either in her eldest brother’s or father’s handwriting. It was the only thing she had received willingly…and they took it from her. She placed the paper back onto the scroll as if it was sacred. She stared at the paper for only a few short moments before remembering that Siegfried was in the room. She wasn’t embarrassed she could just slowly feel her value dropping. How she stood in his eyes…she had no idea if he could read it but she tried to roll it back up into the scroll.

“Ahh, I am sorry Siegfried…I guess…I guess…I’ll have to show you…another time.” She wanted to curl up into a ball and weep into her pillow but not in front of him. She cannot be weak not now…not in front of someone so kind. Her catalyst should have been with her blade…if she had been reliant on them for casting…Thank you grandmother…for teaching me to not rely on tools.

She put the scroll into the bag again and slide it under her bed. As she sat down on it she held her hands in front of her. “I’ll have to just show you how good I am at crafting!” She tried to smile but it was weak. She needed to change the subject and said, “So what are you strengths? Mine are Abjuration, Evocation, and Transmutation!” Siegfried might not allow her to dodge considering what happened but she would let that be his decision. She was not going to push down on him. “I am fine enough with Alteration and Illusion. Though those are mostly self-taught.” From possess of elimination he could guess what she had no training in.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight in training gazed at the elf girl, listening as she spoke of her circumstanced. "Purple flames? Like, literally?" He thought of what this could mean. Typically, magical fires were fire-colored, or sometimes white if they were particularly hot, but purple flames weren't typically the result of any evocation he knew of. Any fire hot enough to shine violet light was far too bright to look at directly and would blind the viewer rather than look violet, but there was a distinct difference between violet and purple, even still.

He was thinking over this purple flame as she returned and spoke of status and sluttiness, immediately shrugging it off. "I wouldn't say that's the case, either. It's not so much about status to me, but it's important that a girl doesn't see me as a means of improving hers." Noting how she played a bit with the undergarments, it didn't take the elf girl long to realize what they were, though he made sure not to miss the flash this time as she got up and went into the bathroom to put them on, figuring it might be his last chance for awhile.

As she returned, he chuckled and shrugged at her comment of embarrassment, watching in anticipation as she pulled out a scroll. However, instead of a sword, it instead produced a note that visibly dampened her mood quite a bit. Frowning a bit, he noted from the way she sat that she had indeed fixed her clothing, her words slowly registering on him. It was times like these that he was grateful he could use the Foundry circuit, but he didn't bring it up as he didn't want to make her feel even worse.

Listening to her saying which schools she was good at, he noted the conspicuous absence of one of them. "Are you saying you don't know much Divination? You'll have a hard time at this school if you don't, since it's required for all mages..." Shaking his head a bit, he said, "I focus on the typical Arcane Knight schools. Among which is Abjuration, just like you. Speaking of Abjuration, though..."

He browsed through some of his spellbooks, finally finding the one he was looking for, and walked over to sit next to the elf girl. "Can you read this?" he asked her, opening the book to a spell titled "Leor arcanisstok chikohk." It was a spell to remove magical curses, of intermediate complexity, yet presumably within her ability to cast, as it was within his. "I'm betting that whole purple smoke thing was an illusion, but if you're cursed, this spell should remove it. I want to prove that your affection is not lethal, but if I do start to burn a purple flame, you can use this spell to put them out," he said, flipping the book to a spell titled, "Leor arcaniss vers." It was a simple dispel, which every Abjurer should be proficient with. "Are you ready?" he asked her, wanting her to be sure she was ready before he continued.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Siegfried seemed surprised by the fact that the man had erupted into purple flames. He asked about the flames themselves. She hesitated for a moment to make sure remembered. “They were not black and not blue I am certain they were a dark purple…” Maybe he image of it was changed this was when she was really young but causing death at such a young age…she felt like there was no mistaking her memories.

As she thought about his other answer it was simple. He wanted love…he wanted it to have nothing to do with anything else; though if he was interested in love he certainly did not make it out like he was searching. He was probably just focused, it was not easy to be an Arcane Knight and a woman would probably just get in the way if she was not just as serious as he was.

He mentioned what he was good at, he was probably good at most things and was just humble. He started to mention something and began to look through books. As he did that she moved to sit onto her bed and then picked up the note. She frowned at it and then with a small enchantment allowed it to burn away. She hated her brothers and sisters. Her parents and the elders were different but something about her siblings drove her to feel that dark emotion.

Siegfried sat next to her and she glanced over at the book. He asked her if she could read this. Thankfully she studied the language before coming here so she could. She would be a mess otherwise. She made sure to speak it so he knew she could not that it necessarily needed a vocal component. “Leor…arc-anis…stok chik-ohk” She looked perplexed until she kept reading more, it looked like it would be hard for anyone not trained in her field but since she was a three trick pony she felt she could handle it easily with a tiny bit of practice. Casting on the fly was a specialty of hers.

He flipped to another spell that was similar but different. This one she knew or at least the eleven equivalent to.

‘I want to prove that your affection is not lethal’ this repeated a few times in her mind and suddenly her blood pressure raised. She felt her face flushed and she said, “Wait…Wait! I am not about to destroy the only person who has been nice to me in years! What is wrong with you…why would you even take that risk or trust me to fix you?!” He had to be stupid. Stupid…why…?

“It’s incredibly foolish of you…” She didn’t know what to say. “You get nothing out of it…” Yet she continued to talk. “Why would you ask me to hurt you…” It wasn’t mistrust…it was all internal fear. Her hands were shaking and she looked at them with rage. She hated how weak she was.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Siegfried tried to think of what sort of flames would be purple, but all of his knowledge of evocation told him that flames usually burned yellow, orange, or white. He never studied elven magic, or fairy magic, though it wasn't out of the question that fairy fires might be different colored than evocation magic. "Strange..." he muttered somewhat under his breath, gazing at the elf girl and nodding as she managed to pronounce the Draconic runes in a heavily accented voice. "Close enough," he said, figuring the spell was mostly for her own benefit than for his.

He gazed at her, noting how she began to blush profusely as she spoke out in a flustered voice. He couldn't help but laugh a bit, shrugging somewhat at her words. "I'd say that no reward is needed when it comes to helping a pretty girl..." he began, "But the truth of the matter is, if we're going to work together, we need to make sure you aren't cursed or anything. Besides... if I'm so weak as to die to something like that, better for it to happen sooner rather than later."

As the elf flustered over how else to respond, the knight in training mumbled an abjuration spell to boost his resistance to fire, incanting, "Eligne ixen." While he doubted he'd need it, it should at least serve to ease her anxieties, at least a little. Turning his attention towards Nephinae, he recited the spell from the spellbook, incanting, "Leor arcanisstok chikohk." To his surprise, he actually did feel the magic dispelling some sort of curse.

"I guess you were telling the truth about being cursed," he remarked, "But I just dispelled it. Now to prove that the curse is, indeed, gone..." Leaning forward, he gave the young elf girl a soft kiss on the lips, to prove that he wouldn't burst into flames. He felt no immediate sensation, aside from the soft sensation of the elf girl's delicate lips, and so he felt this was sufficient proof that her affections wouldn't cause him to be enveloped in purple flames.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast