Thread: [M] The Walking Dead (OOC)

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Default [M] The Walking Dead (OOC)

Rated [M] for violence, gore, sexual themes, strong language

When it started, nobody knew what was going on. The first people who got infected were taken to hospitals, and when they turned, they had perfect feeding grounds. It didn't take long before there were hundreds of them in the big cities. The military tried to step in, but they didn't know what they were up against. Society was plunged into chaos. People were doing whatever they would need to do to survive the first few days.

It's been a week since the outbreak, and the world is so different. So many people have already died, and many more are sure to follow. This is hell on earth. This is The Walking Dead.

Okay, now that we've got that kinda cheesy intro out of the way, welcome to my Walking Dead RP! This is going to be a somewhat "open-world" RP, in that you can generally do whatever you want to do, but I will sometimes do something as GM to help the story progress when need be. But for the most part you can do anything you want, and you can even try to shape the story yourself.

As shown above, this RP is starting 1 week in to the apocalypse. As for location, I decided to use Des Moines, Iowa as the central spot. I'd also like to tell you that I've only seen the first season of The Walking Dead show, but I have played the TellTale game series, which is where my knowledge of TWD comes from. So if I say/do something that doesn't match with something that happened in the show, I probably got it from the game.

If you have any questions that aren't answered in this thread, please feel free to ask me.

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Characters 

This RP will always be accepting new characters. So what are you waiting for? JOIN NOW!!~!~
    Last edited by InfraredHero; 11-29-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Name: Bucky Springer
    Nationality: American
    Appearance: Here's where the weird starts. He is tall, skinny, with short brown hair and green eyes, but you see none of this. Instead, you see a fully functional, incredibly detailed, and perfectly made P R E D A T O R C O S T U M E. Like from the Predator movies. And the thing is, the chestplate and other armor is metal, therefore protective, and the rest is a skintight, slightly ptrotective fabric. The wristblades are metal, and so is his spear. He made a few adjustments, and is still tinkering, but his gun on his shoulder is a functioning handgun modified to his need, that moves and fires with a trigger wire in his left hand.
    Biography: Bucky is a MAJOR nerd. He absolutely loves old movies and comics, especially the Predator and Alien franchises. He is also a tremendous genius, and created multiple costumes, none so weaponized as this one, though. He lived in a nearby city, in an apartment complex. As soon as he heard what was going on, he yelled "I knew it!" and packed a bag for survival.
    Initial Status: (I'm sorry, I don't understand this part. Could you please explain it too me?)
    Other: You will probably never see him not in costume.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Hi SaltyIrishman, I'm glad to see you are interested in my RP!

So the "Initial Status" is just the characters status as of the beginning of the RP. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by My first post
    Initial Status: In the attic of her house with her older sister Haley. Thinks everything is fine.
    That's what I've got for my character Madison(found in the first post). Basically I wanna know where your character will be when the RP starts.

I'd also like to discuss your character. I know The Walking Dead is originally a comic, but your character sheet almost feels a little too comical. I'm perfectly fine with a character who is meant to be somewhat of a comic relief, and I'm perfectly fine with nerdy characters, and if you wanna combine the two, that's great too. But I'd like this RP to have a serious and dark underlying tone, and at the moment I don't know if Bucky fits. I think he totally could with a few small changes.

Also, keep in mind that in the walking dead universe zombies aren't a thing in pop culture or folklore. So I don't think Bucky would be able to say he "knew" this would happen. Perhaps if he's referring to the world ending, that would be fine, but as far as I know, in TWD universe zombies have never been heard of until the apocalypse happened.

I think you've got a good foundation for a character sheet, but I'd like to help you turn it into something that will fit the RP.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Okay! Thank you for your feedback! I will adjust accordingly!

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Hmm... So the full Predator suit goes out the window, but I'd like to keep the wristblades as a weapon, because those are useful and if I just had them lying around, I'd take 'em... Here is a revised form:

Name: Bucky Springer
    Nationality: American
    Appearance: He is tall, skinny, with short brown hair and green eyes. The wristblades are metal. He wears a pair of hiking boots, jeans, a Punisher t-shirt, and a red baseball cap.
    Biography: Bucky is a MAJOR nerd. He absolutely loves old movies and comics, especially the Predator and Alien franchises. He is also a tremendous genius, and created multiple costumes, none so weaponized as this one, though. He lived in a nearby city, in an apartment complex. As soon as he heard what was going on, he yelled "I knew it!" and packed a bag for survival.
    Initial Status: He began in his apartment, the living room, watching the TV, when the news turned on and told us what happened. He yelled, "I knew it!" because he always thought the world would end sometime soon, and packed a bag.
    Other: He's graduated as a veterinarian.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Alright, looks really good now. Bucky is accepted!

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, InfraredHero! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait. Where do I roleplay? Here? Or do you have an In Character thread?

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

I'll be making a thread in the IC section in a few days

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Oh. Cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast