Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Roswell: 1947 (OOC)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default [M] Roswell: 1947 (OOC)

TOP SECRET TOP SECRET TOP SECRET TOP SECRET

EYES ONLY EYES ONLY EYES ONLY EYES ONLY EYES ONLY

The Roswell Incident, 1947.

Project Mogul, a secret US Army Air Force project involving high altitude balloons equipped with long range microphones aimed at the Soviet Union's nuclear weapons tests, is at its peak, when one ill fated balloon crashes in Roswell, New Mexico. The crashed balloon is found by the foreman of the Roswell based Foster ranch, William Brazel. Brazel contacts the City of Roswell's sheriff, George Wilcox, who defers the case to the Roswell Army Airfield.

The case lands on intelligence officer Major Jesse Marcel's desk, and the young major is tasked with handling the ensuing media exposure that follows like a growing storm. Within hours, a press release is released, claiming that a flying disc has been discovered. The Army Air Force later denies this, citing a crashed weather balloon as the real culprit. The story dies out.

And for the next fifty years, the truth of Project Mogul remains classified.

At least, that's the official recount of the events of that summer in Roswell in 1947. The real story is much different. The real story is terrifying, unbelievable, and much, much darker than the darkest corners of the human heart.

Project Mogul, too, was a cover up, but what really crashed in Roswell that hot summer of 1947? You tell me.

After all, you were there.

Character Sheet

Name:

Brief History:

Personality:

Appearance:

Possessions of importance to the roleplay:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name: James S. Fulbright

Brief history: With a past in the Infantry, Fulbright went on to serve in the US Army's 501st Airborne Division for a short period during World War 2, before being recruited to the Office of Strategic Services. After the end of the war when OSS was disbanded, Fulbright worked at the War Department until the creation of the Central Intelligence Group in 1946. As a former OSS agent, Fulbright was an excellent candidate for recruitment by the CIG, and was soon deployed to Berlin to work in the Soviet Occupied Zone.

His career in Berlin took an unfortunate turn in May of 1947 after his identity was leaked to the KGB. As a result of this, a KGB agent tried to assassinate him. The agent failed, but the attempt escalated into a fistfight that spilled onto the streets of Berlin, where Fulbright finally gunned him down in public. CIG covered up the event, though the Soviets knew enough, and Fulbright's cover had been blown.

As a result, he was returned to Washington DC and put on administrative and counterintelligence duties at CIG's headquarters at Navy Hill, until he was dispatched to Roswell, New Mexico, to organize a counterintelligence effort for the Roswell Army Airfield.

Personality: Fulbright is a very focused individual, with little patience for anything that does not lead to concluding his work. He is a workaholic, and his natural curiosity has put him in a perfect job at in Intelligence. He is a firm believer in Capitalism, but while he despises the Soviet Union and other communist countries he does not necessarily despise the political movement of communism, or any other political movement.

He is ruthless when he has to be in his line of work, as shown when he gunned down a KGB officer in public in Berlin. More than once during the war he also showed this when he did wetwork for the OSS, involving assassination of high ranking SS, SD and Gestapo officials, as well as occasional torture of them or their informants for information.

Fulbright has trust in his superiors and believes in following orders. In his experience these orders are not always clear in their intention to the agent, but they are always given with good reason, and as such needs to be followed nonetheless.

Appearance:
    Young and handsome, Fulbright's appearance is dominated and determined by the dress code of the day and especially of the Agency. He wears suits - three piece, two piece and double breasted, he does not discriminate - with a fedora, striped dress shirts and usually silk ties with subtle patterns to them. He has side combed dark hair that looks almost black with the pomade he uses to shape it. A scar on the left side of his neck can usually be seen sticking out from under his shirt collar.

He is a spitting image of the anonymous, stereotypical "G-Man". Wirily built, he is strong and quick on his feet when he has to be, his job more than enough to keep him in shape, together with regular job mandated trips to the gym and the shooting range.

Possessions of importance to the roleplay: CIG identification card, a fake ID card from the FBI, a Colt M1911 with a shoulder holster, a cigarette case, a switchblade knife.

A Storm Is Coming
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Name: Earl Harper

Spoiler: Brief History 

Spoiler: Personality 

Spoiler: Appearance 

Possessions of importance to the roleplay: Colt New Service revolver (.45 colt), Remington Model 31 shotgun, notepad, pen, Sheriff badge, Ka-bar knife, folding buck knife, flashlight, lighter, flask, pack of smokes.
    Last edited by StormWolf; 12-10-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Name: Anastasia Gutierrez

Brief History: Anastasia has always been intrigued by journalism. She's been in journalism classes her entire school career. She's perfectly cut out for the job, with the nose for news and no-nonsense attitude to boot. She knows something is going on, and she'll figure it out if it kills her.

Personality: Curious, roving and restless. She inherited her mama's no-nonsense attitude and independent nature. She's always looking for adventure, and usually, unfortunately, finds it.

Appearance: A short, muscled Latina with long curly hair tied into a ponytail. She wears navy overalls, a white shirt, an olive green jacket, and a camera around her neck. She usually has a smirk, but all too quick that can change to a scowl. She's heterochromatic, with one brown eye and one dark green.

Possessions of importance to the roleplay: Her camera and press badge.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 12-10-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Looks like a fun character, with one exception. This will take place in the 1940s, so women would not at that time be wearing crop tops and leggings. If you could change it to something equivalent but more period appropriate, that would be great!

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Lox! Added the OOC note to this thread title! Also, is this game rated M or Mature, to open it up to possibly mature themes, like violence, gore, drug use, potentially adult scenes that may fade to black, etc?

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Okie doke. Yup. Sure will, chief.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    Hey Lox! Added the OOC note to this thread title! Also, is this game rated M or Mature, to open it up to possibly mature themes, like violence, gore, drug use, potentially adult scenes that may fade to black, etc?
    Thank you! Yeah, I think I will put it in the Mature forum so that we if we choose to can be a little darker and more graphic and gritty, though I think the violence and horror parts are going to be a bigger M-issue than any adult scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyIrishman View Post
    Okie doke. Yup. Sure will, chief.
    Thank you, sir!

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Yup. No prob, Bob.

Vikings make me all tingly inside
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Okay so, I got excited reading the IC so screw it, I'm jumping in now.
    I watched the alien autopsy video so many times as a wee nerd that I'm going to do a Scully type medical examiner character.
    I'll get the CS up once I hash out the details.
    And cut me up some people/aliens....or are they just props? OoooOooo
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast