Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast

Thread: Roleplays I Want To See

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I want to work with others, or any one of others, who will want a continuous roleplaying thread with me. I don't resort to material to use for a derivative adventure, I really like coming up with original writing, even separate from other writing from me. I do like writing with using fantasy, and I still really do want to work with ideas of others, too. I would adapt to various genres others want to try writing for, as much as I can, too. For the use of fantasy, I would start with scenes of what is more familiar, and add to that with eventually having more fantasy included when I can have it more credible. I have already put threads up for requesting others to roleplay with me, with distinct adventures suggested, in the Fantasy forum, besides the communication I have posted for 1x1 roleplaying in the personal roleplaying forum. Yes, D&D playing has influenced me with my writing.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Nothing wrong with a bit of D&D influence. I used to dismiss it out of hand as cookie-cutter fantasy but after playing a couple of campaigns with Scottie and her friends I’ve developed an appreciation for it. Any other fans in the building?
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Give into Decay...
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a bit of D&D influence. I used to dismiss it out of hand as cookie-cutter fantasy but after playing a couple of campaigns with Scottie and her friends I’ve developed an appreciation for it. Any other fans in the building?
    I played D&D virtually a few months ago. I was a bard, naturally. It was a lot of fun. I'm for sure a fan now, but we don't play that often. I used to avoid RP's with it, since I never played myself, but I'd be more open to it now.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    While my experience is minimal, I'm a fan of DnD myself. I'd absolutely love to be involved in this if others are as well!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

My only word of caution would be to write it freeform rather than dice-based - if people are on a voice call on Discord / Roll20 or similar then it's doable, but turn-based combat gets VERY slow on a play-by-post forum where you'll be waiting hours or days for people to post a dice roll!

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I meant that I had the background with D&D, a long while ago, the way it used to be played, which influences my writing. I had wondered where I might find others with whom to play campaigns such as I had with that, and I was actually looking for some sort of opportunity for that online, when I found this forum site. Actually the making of a story, with roleplaying, is what I liked mostly about playing in that before. The rules just went along with that. But I already write, quite a bit, and this way of freely roleplaying with what we write appeals to me, and rolling for results can be skipped, and what I would want that would have such influence from that past D&D roleplaying would have such fantasy that characterized it. I can just assume characters with abilities according to their class which corresponds to what is in that game, at least of that way in which it used to be played, will advance in level after so much of the experience they gain through any story I have, approximating that of the play. I would not insist on writing for characters corresponding to such with the classes in the game, I enjoy already writing various stories differently and even uniquely, so I would not have just D&D, but if others want something close to that I would happily work with writing in that direction.

I would like you who are interested to see what I write, which at these threads on this forum site were posted for any others members who would be interested to respond to, though none have so far, after this amount of time while other requests have had responses. If none of these appeal to any of you, I can have other ideas for scenarios, and closer I am sure to a D&D setting, maybe near the start of an age corresponding to the Dark Ages.

https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96718
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96640
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96658

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I have added the three stories above to the advertising section of our Discord!

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I did not get any interest in those threads from that, but thanks. What is that Discord server?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Link sent!

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Sorry, it did not work for me.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast