Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplays I Want To See

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

An eccentric scientist comes up with some new engines and shielding that makes FTL travel possible. NASA puts their tech to use creating a dozen FTL Probes to check worlds likely to support life. Eleven return with two Earth-like worlds confirmed. Two advanced probes are launched to do a preliminary workup, while the probes are sent out again. All eleven come back, along with three possible life-bearing worlds - and one report held back, top secret and compartmentalized.

It, too, had found an inhabitable world - ringed by wreckage of ships, as if somebody has fought a battle. The probe recorded a small shuttle of some sort, apparently engaged in salvage, going down to the planet's surface to a spaceport in the desert, with a small city beside it - and more wreckage dotting the landscape.

As the probe watched the region turn to night, lights began to appear in the city and scatted spots in the more inhabitable regions of the planet.

It's evidence of alien intelligence - one that fights.

In the two weeks the probe remains on station, observing, it sees the small shuttle a few times, but no alien ships arriving or departing.

The decision is made to build two ships, armed with everything they can get their hands on, and send them to the system on a classified mission. One ship will keep it's distance, observing, while the second ship will go in and try to make contact.

Hopefully peaceful contact - but if it's destroyed, the reserve ship will report back.

NASA and the Space Force are therefore looking for a few good scientists to take a trip....
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-23-2020 at 04:24 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

starate might be cool, but we'd more or less have to be human, or maybe a jaffa

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StormWolf View Post
    Somebody said Stargate?!

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Sniper View Post
    Can I be a race other than human?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    starate might be cool, but we'd more or less have to be human, or maybe a jaffa
    I don't have an objection to a non-human character, though I will say it will be on a case-by-case basis and there will still be a center on human/humanoid characters since much of it will likely be happening from their point of view, i.e. Stargate Command or the Atlantis Expedition. Obviously things within the mythos like Jaffa will work. Being something like the energy-sucking being the Atlantis Expedition found in the city might be difficult though, and short-lived.

I'll get an interest thread up to gauge how many people we might get and what timeline we might have.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    An eccentric scientist comes up with some new engines and shielding that makes FTL travel possible. NASA puts their tech to use creating a dozen FTL Probes to check worlds likely to support life. Eleven return with two Earth-like worlds confirmed. Two advanced probes are launched to do a preliminary workup, while the probes are sent out again. All eleven come back, along with three possible life-bearing worlds - and one report held back, top-secret and compartmentalized.

It, too, had found an inhabitable world - ringed by wreckage of ships, as if somebody has fought a battle. The probe recorded a small shuttle of some sort, apparently engaged in salvage, going down to the planet's surface to a spaceport in the desert, with a small city beside it - and more wreckage dotting the landscape.

As the probe watched the region turn to night, lights began to appear in the city and scatted spots in the more inhabitable regions of the planet.

In the two weeks, the probe remains on station, observing, it sees the small shuttle a few times, but no alien ships arriving or departing.

The decision is made to build two ships, armed with everything they can get their hands on, and send them to the system on a classified mission. One ship will keep it's distance, observing, while the second ship will go in and try to make contact.

Hopefully peaceful contact - but if it's destroyed, the reserve ship will report back.

NASA and the Space Force are therefore looking for a few good scientists to take a trip....
    interesting.
    It might be fun.
    if I do join it to start it off, I'm making that one guy that dies first so I don't feel nailed down if I don't like it.
    but it has a lot of potential to be fun.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

fun fact
    they are coming out with a new Stargate TTRPG
    says the release date is August 2020 and it will be using D&D 5th edition rules.
    (not much for 5E personally though.) but it sounds interesting.
    I could probably recreate it a little with a custom setting and homebrewed rules in Starfinder.

nice that I'm joining a stargate RP (if it gets started)
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Enigma
    An eccentric scientist comes up with some new engines and shielding that makes FTL travel possible. NASA puts their tech to use creating a dozen FTL Probes to check worlds likely to support life. Eleven return with two Earth-like worlds confirmed. Two advanced probes are launched to do a preliminary workup, while the probes are sent out again. All eleven come back, along with three possible life-bearing worlds - and one report held back, top-secret and compartmentalized.

In the two weeks, the probe remains on station, observing, it sees the small shuttle a few times, but no alien ships arriving or departing.

interesting.
    It might be fun.
    if I do join it to start it off, I'm making that one guy that dies first so I don't feel nailed down if I don't like it.
    but it has a lot of potential to be fun.

It does sound fun, I might be in for it
    The world belongs to the half crazy, the totally sane spend too much time worrying about it, and the insane get locked-up.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

You know what.
    I think it would be amazing to do a sherlock type RP.
    Like the newer movies or the BBC series.
    I think it would be fun just to have a small team with their own skills that make up that of Watson's and Holmes's.
    I think it would be very interesting to do.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

all more RPs are dead

going to mention again the Sherlock Holmes type RP.
    was going to join a Spec ops RP
    wouldn't mind a sort of fallout/apocalypse or post-apocalypse RP
    pathfinder or starfinder might be fun to do here

fantasy, sci-fi, or mixed
    who wants to do what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im looking for an mlp based ro or a furry based one.

For mlp, a new pony has entered town. But so has a new evil. The mane six are nowhere in sight. But soon a new element of harmony is found, music.

For furry, the world if full of human colonies and furry viliages. The humans only see the furries as pets and work animals. Kidnaping furries to be sold off. However, one human buys a pair if furries, and treats them like family, even trying to help them get back home

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast