Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Developing Negatives[M] {Damoniquexbrokecollege}

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Developing Negatives[M] {Damoniquexbrokecollege}

Rated M for(almost) all the things. Primarily drug and alcohol use, sexual themes and situations, physical/emotional violence and generally just an adult tone. Reader either beware or enjoy.

Name:Jaime DeMarc
    Appearance/Personality:A tall, well-built man with fine features accented but curious, deep blue eyes and framed by a wild mane of sand-blonde hair. Curious, deep blue eyes and a disarming smile of perfect teeth make him seem carefree and approachable. Easy laughter and a sharp wit complete the act, made him a darling of the media, the art scene, and the idle rich that support it. He likes people, and they like him. At least, until he starts shooting.

Once he ties back his hair and gets behind the camera, though, all of that fades away. He's extremely exacting and demanding of his models, only accepting the perfect angle, the perfect pose. When they aren't performing up to his standards(and few, if any ever do),he doesn't get angry, instead, he just gets mean, insulting and demeaning them, driving more than one would-be model to tears.

And yet they keep at it, as having a spread by DeMarc in your portfolio can make a career, while a bad word from him can ruin one. There are darker whispers about other peculiarities about what else he gets up to in his studio, as not all of his work that comes out is entirely commercial.
    Last edited by Damonique; 12-13-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Spoiler: Favorite Quotes(Changed Monthly) 

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    romance, werewolves, vampires, etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

full name: elara jones.
    nickname(s): eli | lara
    appearance: elara is as beautiful as she is naive. she is a girl of relatively normal height, with hair a bright and vibrant red. her skin is a pale white, with light freckles dusting just about every inch of her face and her neck. her deep-set eyes are the color of the sea, with specks of brilliant green scattered within them. elara has always been a petite girl, though as she's aged, her body has developed some level of curves. not enough to scream "hourglass figure," but enough to attract admirers.
    personality: elara is a naive girl, having been sheltered for most of her life. her parents didn't want their daughter to be exposed to the evils of the world, though their protection over elara might've ended up doing more harm than good. still, she is a sweet girl with a good sense of what is right and wrong. she is highly intelligent and just adores astronomy--much like her father, owen jones. she is easily persuaded and can kind of be a pushover at times. her innocence is beyond compare.
    extra:
    - elara is named after one of jupiter's moons.
    - while elara has had one or two boyfriends, they were never serious.
    - elara hopes to become an astronomer.
    "and like all lovers and sad people, i am a poet."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I like her. Jaime is really going to like her. So, IC? You want to open it up, or shall I?

I'd like to get some more background, what her families like, what sort of business they're going to end up hiring him to take photos for, that sorta thing. Already got a buzz of ideas. Like, maybe if they're well-to-do, he meets them at a gallery or something, spots her, and while they're not so sure he sorta talks them into it so he can get her under the lens. Or instead, maybe her mother always wanted to model/just wants Lara to have a more 'feminine' hobby/career than astronomy and pushes her towards it.

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okay so her father is owen james, an astronomer. he used to work in one of those huge observatories, but was convinced by his wife to quit his job and create a business. his business focuses on those custom star maps; you know the ones where it's like "oh this is what the sky looked like when we first met" or "this is what it looked like when you were born!" kind of thing. and he's made a lot, lot of money from it.

his wife, and elara's mother, is a woman by the name of johanna james. where owen is soft spoken and kind, johanna is firm and determined. they are the complete opposite of each other, which surprises just about everyone they meet. where her husband handles the astronomy aspect of the business, she handles the financial and administrative part. elara and her mother have never really gotten a long, as elara is more like her father than anything else.

so like i was thinking that their business is currently in a rut and they're having trouble getting out of it. and johanna wants to create these beautiful ads, but they can't afford a model. so she wants to use elara, who really doesn't want to do it. but she ends up convincing her to do just one photoshoot for the business and sends her on her merry way to the photographer. and as the ads become successful, johanna keeps pushing her to do more.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yep, perfect. That's exactly the sort of background I was looking for. I guess I'll throw up an IC and just describe the 'public' studio Jaime uses for commercial work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okie dokie, sounds good to me!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mind if we set this in the heart of Boston? It's a fancy place with lots of academics and artists, and I'll be able to throw out actual places and find where we are on a map.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

IC is Here! I'll be up for a while if your down for some back-and forth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, boston is cool! and i'll be up for awhile too!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Post is up, refresh to see edits since I apparently lost my train of thought and missed some things in the original!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast