Hello, you can call me Doe! I'm in my 20s, a small business owner, and a proud cat mom. I write multiple paragraphs/novella style (200-500+ words). I love to write detailed descriptions and delve into a character’s head/emotions as well as surroundings. I compare it to writing a novel together.
I understand if the scene doesn’t have alot going on and therefore requires less like rapid fire. I adore having long, thoughtful replies where we truly immerse ourselves in the world. I'm hoping to find a partner whose as enthusiastic and passionate about the plot and writing as I am. When I get invested in a story, it’s 100% dedication. Getting a reply is the highlight of my day.
I'm a big fan of romance and using face claims. I’m the type to make pinterest boards, spam you with gifs, headcanons, and send you songs that remind me of our characters and/or ship. I'll get excited if we come up with future plot ideas, or if our characters are being cute or angsty and I can yell about it in the chat.
Last but not least I only do MxF (with myself in the female role) and don’t double, but I’m more than happy to write side characters of either gender to help move the story along. I'd highly prefer female authors writing male characters. Male authors, please stop contacting me. I've been burned too many times. If you persist, I'll ignore your message. Sorry!
Desperately Searching For
- 21+ partners
- For you to have an excellent grasp of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. Both in character and out of character. (Literate to advanced writers only, please. I'm not looking for newbies).
- Plot before smut. While mature themes will be in my plots, and are even encouraged, there needs to be a good chemistry between our characters. I like to have a good mix of plot and tastefully written smut, along with doses of angst and fluff.
- For you to write as an older male (40s+/50s+). I'm a sucker for the gruff and tough men who secretly have a soft heart. I also love those grumpy, hypermasculine men being intimidated by darling, soft yet commanding, and pretty women.
- The more description, the better! I'm looking for someone who can write as much as me (2 to 4 paragraphs or more) and really bring the story to life. I lose interest if I'm the only one that's invested/enthusiastic or coming up with plot ideas. Quality writing makes my heart happy, as does world building together.
- Joining me in the wonderful world of ship/character development is kind of a must. I feel discouraged/feel like I'm the only one invested if I get nothing in return for say, coming up with some cute headcanons.
- While I'd prefer real life face claims, I'd also be open to using realistic art if you're uncomfortable with real life. I draw the line at anime art.
Faces I'd love to write as: gal gadot, rooney mara, ruth negga, saoirse ronan, sophie turner, jessica chastain, jennifer morrison, mia wasikowska, natalia dyer, brit marling, deborah ann woll, mackenzie davis, emmy rossum, adria adjora, chyler leigh, hayley bennet, tashi rodriguez, lily james, cara delevingne, maya hawke, ask about others
Faces I'd love to write against: jeffery dean morgan, hugh jackman, idris elba, billy burke, robert taylor, jr bourne, nikolaj coster waldau, anson mount, jon bernthal, jason issacs, anthony varrecchiah, jon hamm, skeet ulrich, brett tucker, david harbour, frank grillo, iain glen, josh duhamel, patrick petitjean, clive standen, ask about others (honestly I'm a big sucker for facial hair, tattoos, and muscles)
If you've made it this far, thank you! You won't be disappointed in writing with me. I tend to be online daily and while I'd like it if you were too, I understand that real life things comes first. Please let me know if you're going to be inactive, I'm in this for the long term. If you suddenly stop replying ic and ooc, I'll drop the story after 2 weeks to a month.
Below are genres and pairings I love. Feel free to combine as many as you'd like and I’m sure we can come up with something great! Current cravings are in bold. Two thing I don't do are slice of life and historical plots.
- anything mafia related
- crimes in remote locations
- small towns and supernatural happenings
- post apocalyptic/dystopia
- supernatural/modern fantasy (A/B/O, werewolves, shapeshifters, monster x hunter)
- southern/mid western gothic
- murder mystery (small town or big city)
- modern/dark fairy tale retellings
- sci-fi (star wars inspired / tetraphilia (alien x human)
- little coastal towns or little towns in the mountains
- emotionally charged/dark and gritty
- unresolved sexual tension/slow burn
- mythology (modern / hades x persephone)
- pacific northwest
- suburban gothic
- luring to the other side
- reincarnation/multiple universes
- western inspired + modern day (such as longmire)
- age gaps (older man x younger woman. youngest I write is mid 20s)
- enemies to lovers/villain x heroine
- cop x criminal
- doctor x patient
- friends turned lovers/pining
- grumpy x sunshine
- the broken man x the woman that becomes his light
- fbi agents/cop partners
- dark hearted man melting for the innocent woman
- friend x best friend’s older sibling
- boss x employee
- firefighter/cop x victim
- mentor x mentee
- height differences
- pet names (sweetheart, baby girl, kid, kiddo)
- lady and the tramp esque/class difference
- creature x human
- ex-con x anyone
- bodyguard x assignment
- widow/er falling in love again
- biker x civilian
- rancher/mountain man x city girl
- hitman x target
- serial killer x fbi agent
- soul mates
- experienced x inexperienced
- local x vacationer
- injured/scarred warrior washed out from their former glory x royal/heir-to-be
- friend x best friend/boyfriend's father
- daughter in law x father in law
- park ranger x camper
- bounty hunter x bounty
Tropes/Themes: the papa wolf/hot dads, cultured badass, jerk with a heart of gold. ladykiller in love, mountain man, mysterious protector, southern gentleman, tall, dark, and handsome, knight in sour armor, red string of fate, villain takes an interest, porcelain to ivory to steel
tiny women and big men, the monster being treated gently for the first time in his life, two characters forced into positions where they have no choice but to reconcile their differences and grow together/trust each other, forbidden relationships
Fandoms: (I don't write canons)
Star Wars, X Files, Haven, Fringe, Stranger Things, Heroes, The Wolf Among Us, Mercy Thompson Series, True Blood, Marvel, The OA, Disney (personified), His Dark Materials, Beastars, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us
- A bounty hunter falls for his wrongly accused bounty and they must escape those who hired him in the first place.
- A horse trainer falls in love with her boss, the owner of a ranch and an ex con whose trying to escape/make amends for his past.
- I almost never ask this as it feels self-indulgent but I finished the Last of Us 2 and have a mighty need to write against Joel with an original character of mine. I just love him so much.
I was thinking a modern fantasy AU, with supernaturals maybe being out in the open and Joel having to stop humans from trying to use Ellie's special blood for nefarious purposes?
Last but not least, I have a list of kinks if anyone's interested.
I use email and discord to write. Please be detailed when you message me, let me know why you chose to contact me. Seeing only "hey do you wanna rp?" is a guaranteed way to turn me off.
Look forward to hearing from you!