Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [R/M] Valkyries: Occult Warfare I - The Big Sky Scare

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Kodran looked a bit... disappointed. This was, after all, a stealth mission, which was exactly the opposite of the berserker's strengths. He dropped a single grey coin into the jar, and left, grabbing a bagel on the way out. Filled with bacon. And cheese. And eggs. And maybe it wasn't a bagel. Maybe it was a glazed doughnut. He crammed half in his mouth, mumbled a good-bye, and left. Upon entering his dorm he promptly crammed the rest in his mouth, dropped his clothes, and got into the shower. So... a stealth mission. Not my strong suit, but I can do it, can't I?

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"That's Hypocritical." Ansleigh said pointing an accusing finger at Isabelle. "Admit it, you stayed up all night. At least I passed out." She said stuffing her face with more food as others began to arrive. Isabelle was perhaps the only person around here she actually could bring herself to like. Probably because they both enjoyed learning knew things, knowledge.. But she could also see the same things Ansleigh could.... she supposed that was some kind of comfort.

"You thought wrong." Ansleigh muttered at Henry's remark about running a professional bunch. After all, she was in it and she was anything but professional.

The teen looked up as the two hellions barreled through the door, causing a bit of a scene with Claude coming in the rear and cutting off their obvious escape. Ansleigh quirked an eyebrow up as not only did they not get told off for bargaining into the conference room where they weren't normally allowed especially when a meeting was about to happen, but they were invited in! An's eyes traced over the people in the room. Connar had been grumpy, she'd missed a part of the conversation? was it about the hellions joining this conference? After all, one of them was his son.

as the conference started up with the actual information as to why they were all here she reached over and flipped open her note book and picked up her pen. Taking down bits of information that were of interest and would likely be important for research or reference later.

No wounder Connor was in such a bad mood, This was bad, and they planned on sending her there? Let alone these two 13 year olds?! "they are some other kind of crazy." she muttered taking another bite of her doughnut as she pulled her knees up onto the chair. Carder frowned at her clear lack of respect for the higher ups, but it seemed more concerned then disapproving. He'd watched An change over the coarse of her being here... And it wasn't for the better and he couldn't be sure that she'd come out of it better in the end. That's what concerned him... He wanted her to be happy but ever since the accident she'd been almost nothing but miserable. And there was nothing he could do about it.

As the meeting was warped up Ansleigh remained seated and picked at the rest of her food. She was trying to sort out the mix of emotions that were causing her to feel sick to her stomach. First of all fear was pretty prominent, there was no way in hell she was ready for a mission like this. but through the rest of the emotions she felt the settling emotion of simply not caring, the passing through of maybe it was better this way if she vanished like the Mustangs did, actually unsettled her more then the fear of going on the mission did.

Ansleigh couldn't eat anymore, crawling out of her chair she threw the rest of her food away, picked up her pen and book and proceeded to leave the conference room.Carder following after her with a deeper look of concern. "I know that look." "I'm fine." "your not. You should talk to someone." "Talk to who? your dead." She said bluntly. "And everyone else around her is a seasoned Demi god, superman or wizard." She said sarcastically turning from her boyfriend again and moving off down the hall. They didn't have time to listen to a 19 year olds emotional whining. She'd lived through that crash, she quietly rubbed at the scar at her shoulder as she entered her room, she'd live through this... or she wouldn't.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

F.B. listened and watched in silence as the briefing carried on. Usually he was zoning out during these things just picking up the things that applied to him and his skillset as Sniper, Scout, and overwatch. Despite his skill at close combat he was very rarely on the frontline with the likes of Connor or Kodran. His glow was constant and while artificial lights or sun could usually drown it out as night he was like a walking glowstick.

He usually hung back from some high vantage point and just killed whatever came into his crosshairs that wasn't a friendly. But as the old man went into all the details the Inkkin found himself listening for once. A simple rescue mission was graded 0-5? Even if said rescue mission was going into some Anarchist cult with all kinds of guns and occulty things it didn't seem bad enough to rate "Cthullu Rising" in Jedi's mind. The man's usual mistrust took back over and he narrowed his eyes studying each slide as well as Henry's face minutely. They weren't being told something, his MagInk burned like it did when around liars. It wasn't enough to make him speak out, but it would be filed away in the Sniper's mind for later. If the old man wasn't telling them then it was either for their own good or he didn't even know it all like he said, neither made the Nyxian feel the warm and fuzzies.

What was said last though made the tattooed man's eye widen and his large fists clench and glow brighter. Two kids coming along on any mission rated above Code Mike was ludicrous especially with one of them being an Oracle. All the red flags went up in his mind and he instantly felt pity for Connor, out of all of them he was the closest to both kids. The rest of them were like Aunts and Uncles or maybe big Sister in Ansleigh's case, but he was legit Nate's dad and that experience gave him the most chance to get Bella acting right so dad to both. Forcebreaker raised his hand before everyone started leaving after Henry dismissed them. "Oi, seein' as I'm a wee bit of a liability on a stealth mission." He held up his brightly glowing fist for emphasis. "And we're takin' the Junior Justice League with us I recommend we keep them as far from trouble as possible and I volunteer as babysitter. Zan and Jayna there can hang back with me in overwatch and I can bring them in or bug out with them if needed." He looked at Henry then shrugged. "Or if nae then I'll simply stick at the back of the group with the wee bairns. Either way they'll nae leave my sight. Bein' a kid and starin' at the scary things in the void is nae somethin' I'd wish on anyone." He gave Henry a quick salute and made his way for the door ignoring the swear jar. Despite the almost out of character feelings he'd just shown though Sigrid wasn't one to let heart get in the way of decency and quickly blocked the man's exit shoving the jar at him shaking it expectantly.

The man laughed and pulled the rifle off his back then open the case and pulled out his last two rounds. Well the unfired UV round and the casing of the Mini Nuke round and dropped them into the jar. The Valkyrie scoffed and quirked her eyebrow. "Yeah no, money goes in the jar to help pay for all of the etiquette lessons you potty-mouth savages need!

The Sniper chuckled shaking his head. "Well lass seein' as I only swore because this briefin' ruined the prototype round experiments I was already doin' fer the brass, I figure it's only fair you lot pay fer what's yer own fault." Forcebreaker chuckled patting his kilt clad body "Besides does it look like I have a wallet?" With that the sniper gave the woman a cheeky wink, a tongue click and double finger guns, then slipped past the woman and was gone before she could chase him down and frisk him.

Nothing about this mission sat well with the large man so in accordance with Henry's warning Forcebreaker's first stop was the armory. While everyone on the team had their side-arms or personal defense weapons on them or in their rooms at all times, the mission weapons were kept in the secure vaults beneath the Beacon. F.B. always had his long sword, but his Breaker Rifle and Force Pistols were down here. Plus he had to return the rifle he was using this morning to practice. An elevator ride and three security checks later he was in the Armory giving his weapons a quick inspection. The Engravings never needed recharging, but the Runic Rifling did occasionally. Luckily all Inkkin are born with a huge reservoir of Anima, and F.B.'s in particular was particularity virile and drew from the world around it when activated. Though the absorption wasn't very fast so he couldn't rely on it in the field, Here though before they started playing games with death all it would need is for the man to lay hands on the weapons and sing Stairway to Heaven once for them to be back at full. His next stop was a few doors down from the Armory. Gear and supplies, each member had a specific bag and list of requirements set aside to be filled by the Supply Guys and Gals whenever a mission was eminent.

For F.B his kit was spare ammo, Inkkin Medkit, Sniper gear like a wind gauge, spare change of clothes should he burn through his current set using his MagInk, specialized goggles to keep his light sensitive eyes safe, sniper rifle maintenance kit, survival knife, water, and some magic food bars that can give him a boost in Anima. He had a few other personal things he packed, but they were in his room. After giving his thanks to the Supply Sergeant and dealing with three more security checks Jedi was back in his room. Working quickly his rucksack was packed and he was dressed in his usual mission garb of urban camo cargo pants and black boots, his black tactical vest was laying across his bed. Then a single knock came to his door. Looking up he smelt a familiar scent and smiled heading for his door. Pushing casually open he nodded to Alura who smiled back albeit with tight worry in the corner of her mouth. F.B moved aside to let her in but she shook her head smiling a little easier. "No can't risk it, you might try to ravage me again and I don't have the time to go change underwear. Just here to see if what I heard was true. O-5 mission and you're bringing Nate and Bella along?"

Leaning against the door frame the man chuckled. "So much fer operational security."

The woman rolled her eyes.
    "Well it was your dumb mouth that told Duncan it was an 0-5. You know for an assassin he's not good at keeping secrets."

F.B. snorted in agreement, Sigrid will probably come into his room and beat him to death with the coin jar for that slip up. "Aye, me and my big mouth. Some rescue operation though not sure why the wee ones are bein' brought along. The old man didnae say, but dinnae worry, I glow tuu much tae be on the frontline I can keep them safe."

The woman chuckled leaning in and kissing the big man's cheek fondly.
    "It's not them I'm worried about, Connor will make sure nothing happens to them. But you on the other hand won't have a big gun-toting super solider to keep your dumbass from dying especially since you're a big nightlight without an off switch!" She gripped his collar and shook him gently before pushing him back into his room a little. "You best come back got me? I put a lot of time and energy into dealing with you and helping Isa try to get you answer for your MagInk. And I'm not a woman who likes having her time wasted by the guy I'm trying to help getting himself blown up or Darklighted or whatever you glowworms call dying." She pouted slightly and crossed her arms under her bust, and while her words sounded professional F.B. could tell she was genuinely worried. At first it was that professional, he joined the task force shortly after Nate was born and aside from saving his ass from being deported he had also hoped the Valkyries could help him learn something about his origins. At first the bulk of the Lore team chipped in everyone being eager to learn about the man and the race that had mostly flown under the radar of the Division and a number of other groups dedicated to uncovering the Occult. But soon everyone realized they knew as little as the man himself did and resources were moved down more promising avenues.

But neither Isabella nor Alura were ones to back down from a challenge so they were tasked with continued work on it. Isa was a cold one, but Alura had an animalistc charm that helped make the wild Nyxian more compliant to more extreme testing methods. Soon though the charm began to work both ways and now they were fuck-buddies, still working towards answers, but being happy for distractions along the way. And now those distractions had become almost affection and the Inu was worried. She knew she really didn't need to, but damn it she was part dog and dogs are loyal like this. Seeing her worry Forcebreaker pulled her into his arms hugging her tight smiling down at her. "Well firstly lass, yer a terrible liar, secondly I can only be "Darklighted" as ye call it if I use up all my Anima or get soul-trapped by some magic. I dinnae ken what we'll be facing, but I'm sure it willane burn me like that." He pulled back frowning now. "Besides, a Darlight could be very handy to a group fighting dark nasties from the pit. No soul tae possess, no mind tae enthrall, just the unlimited destruction of unchecked power."

Alura frowned remembering the stories he told her about fighting these husks.
    "Yea until your heart and brain explodes from the adrenaline. I can't imagine living like that, nothing but rage and sadness to power you."

Forcebreaker nodded then shivered lightly forcing himself to smile.
    "Aye, but dinnae worry. I'm sure someone will cap me long before then. Now ye best get back to work, I need tae do some MagInk exercises." He winked running his hand down her arm and side. "And I dinnae need ye losing control and ravaging me before a mission. Save that fer the homecoming deal?"

The woman snorted disengaging from his arms.
    "Yeah sure glowworm, but you gotta make it back first." Because of the eight inches of height difference Alura had to first stand on her tip toes, but eventually she pulled the orange-eyed man down to her level and kissed him deeply on the lips before pushing him back playfully and walking casually down the hall. The man groaned lightly at the loss of contact, but with a firm slap across his face he was back and stepped back into his room closing the door behind him and moved to the center of his room his tattoos fluctuating as he began his pre-mission meditation and exercises.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Isabelle only replied with a smile to An's comment. She knew they had the same sleep time habit. She didn't have much chance to keep her conversation going as the meeting started in earnest. Minus the tension breaker known as the hellions. She had her empty book open and took notes and pictures on who she figured would show interest. She felt a pang of nostalgia around it all. Knowing the fact they were from a small town into a big time cult. Same history as hers to a degree. It wasn't a topic for discussion.

'So why does this warrant us?’ Isabella thought curiously. Even for a small town group, this was not shaping up to be a mission for them. Surely Mustang could sneak out on their own, but it was not her place to judge. It was to be their job, a simple in and out.

That was before the bombshell was dropped. Nate and Bella would be joining them on their mission. A top rank mission, handed from big dogs, and they wanted them to bring the two youngest members on the mission. Why would they even think of it? Wouldn't a code Mike be better for a first time mission.

‘This must be a trial for us then.’ Isabelle worked out mentally believing it to be training for them. That would at least explain Bella, but to risk Nate for it? FB spoke up, offering to keep an eye on the children during it, a hopeful offer.

“If I were to assume, this is as much a training experience for us as it is for them, but I still believe it is too bold a move by them. Hopefully their mission will make more sense when this begins.” Isabelle spoke up, looking to the others as they began moving to prepare. She gave the others a polite nod before moving towards her bedroom. Thankfully having grabbed a shower before hand, she only needed to pack and get ready. She only paused to grab another mug of coffee, needing more energy for this day.

Grabbing her duffel, in went her pistol and a few extra mags of bullets. Next was both her complete rune book and a blank for what she needed. Her pen was secured next to it, added with that a second sleeve of premade ink for just in case. Last thing she needed was to run out of both seals and ink for any reason. Her blade was strapped to her hip and secured to her leg. It would work better for silent takedowns than a gun any day.

“Hopefully I won't need it. A simple in and out mission.” Isabelle spoke with another sigh. She sipped her coffee and allowed a sigh to escape her. Her biggest worry was Bella, and her lack of training. Being the oldest female in the group for this mission meant anything along those lines would fall under her purview. Isa's only hope was that the girl would be properly set for this mission.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

The same questions and concerns that surely belabored the rest of their group rattled around in Connor's head as the steam in the barracks showers hung low, slithering into his lungs with every breath, clinging wetly and stinging hot. Flushed beneath the twisting and curling lines and patterns etched into his skin, Connor dried himself and laid out his luggage. While they were expected to maintain cover and stealth, it was Connor's job to know his team. Though many of those in the Valkyries had waged wars and walked broad horizons before Connor was ever a twinkle in someone testicle, Connor had ingrained in him a particular skill-set.

Counter-occult warfare.

Solomon Island was relatively isolated, girdled by a reef at sea with one bridge that connected to the mainland. Witches, werewolves, hemovores, and all manner of extra-normal creature exist alongside the average mortal, most of them without knowing. An experiment that dances the edge of a knife, much like the Valkyries themselves were. Any tactician needed to know the strengths and pitfalls of his team to make a valid strategy, but a hunter must also know his prey. It was something unspoken between Connor and Henry. If someone in the team lost their way, Connor was sword of Damocles.

"Homo homini lupus," Connor muttered to himself, all too familiar with the black-letter scrawl that spanned his shoulders. Connor clasped his shield bracelet over his left wrist as he got dressed, taking into account the theater in which they were supposed to be performing. His usual attire would likely cut it - all flannel, jeans, and shit-kicker boots. Connor shrugged his broad shoulders into his wool overcoat, the familiar weight a comfort. Buckling a belt of basket-woven leather at his waist, Connor clipped his STI at his right hip, his Glock at the small of his back in a pancake holsters. Spyderco knives fit neatly into Connor's pockets, his oversized primary knife flanking his pistol.

A black molle-covered duffel held the necessities: a few changes of clothes, toiletries, first-aid kit, flak vest, shotgun, and three days of ammo for his typical trade-tools. Taking his suitcase from under his bed, Connor hefted his bag and went down another level to the armory. Some people found peace in the scents of lavender, sage, or cinnamon, letting their olfactory senses conjure up some fond memory. For Connor, it was the smell of gun oil and powder, a sterile and metallic scent that sat sharp and heavy on the tongue. A safe scent. Approaching his station, Connor threw open his suitcase. His Reaper 33 sat perched in a vice, Connor having just installed one of the fancy SAI bolt carriers the night before. Plucking a few pins, he broke down his rifle into two pieces, slotting them neatly in the appropriately shaped voids in the foam. Spare magazines and his suppressor can were then fit and secured. Pausing for a moment's thought, Connor surveyed the rack of military hardware before him, balancing and measuring unknowns and operational parameters. Clicking his tongue against his teeth, Connor snatched an MP-5/10 from its wall pegs, along with a score of magazines. Collapsing and folding the stock, Connor fit the sub-machine gun neatly in place after making a few modifications to the suitcase insulation. He made a point to bring additional 10mm ammunition, though, there were going to Montana, of all places. It wasn't like ammunition would be all that hard to find.

Lastly, Connor took a knee to access the old fashioned safe underneath the workbench. Spinning the knob and cranking the handle, he procured an old leather doctor's bag. Rummaging around inside it, he pulled loose a few phials of dark glass and deposited them safely in his duffel. Placing the bag back with what could have been called reverence, Connor snatched his flask from the safe and gave it a precursory shake. Whiskey still sloshed around inside, much to Connor's satisfaction. Slipping the steel vessel into his coat pocket, Connor closed the safe and left he armory behind. Ascending stairs and traversing the winding, deliberately orientated geometry of the Beacon's subterranean hallways, Connor found himself back at the primary lift. Should he go and usher the kids along? Surely, Claude had already tackled that particular task, and sledgehammering them with authority would just cement them rebelling eventually, wouldn't it? They were that age, after all. But what if he was being too distant? The others would tell him if he was being too.. calloused, wouldn't they? The medallion hung heavy on Connor's chest, reaching up a hand to rub a finger over the familiar contours of gold and jade. There would surely be no shortage of time with the junior members. For now, Connor needed to fetch one of the cars... and help himself to a smoke.

Fog and mist had burned off for the most part as the burning ball of the sun climbed higher over the Atlantic horizon, bathing the moody slopes of the Blue Mountain and the somber forests of Solomon Island. Standing in the monolithic shadow of the Beacon lighthouse, Connor rummaged through his pockets. He found his half-empty pack of Camels, rumpled and distressed, with a hand-written note on the label:

"If these kill you, you lose. Retard :)"

Connor clicked his teeth in a tsk and pinched a cigarette in his lips. A flourish and flick of a battered steel zippo highlighted Connor's wolfish features as the butt of his cigarette glowed hot. A single puff of smoke, and three black SUVs rounded the cul-de-sac, girdling the slumbering seahawk. Connor's pensive eyebrows quirked, curious, as the lead driver stepped out. Red-brown hair, cerulean eyes, and immediately familiar cheekbones and jawline. The driver was a young man in appearance, looking no older than twenty in a hand-me-down grey suit that looked about half as bedraggled as the young man wearing it.

"G-good mor-morning, Mah-mah-Mister-" the lad stuttered, knobby fingers knitted together and fidgeting furtively. Connor raised a hand in a calming, placating gesture.

"Good mornin', Arthur," Connor said with as disarming a smile as he could manage, and felt a modest relief as the boy's features brightened. Thank goodness Connor guessed the right name. "Smoke?"

"Oh, uh-nuh...nah. I mean, no thank you, Mister Creedmore... sir."

"Christ alive, boy, I ain't your SO and I sure as hell ain't your old man." Connor spared himself a chuckle, stepping to the car and leaning against the glossy black shell of the range rover. "Not that I blame you. These things'll kill ya. Well, not you, actually." Connor shrugged. It really wasn't fair. All the assholes Connor knew and far too many of them had regenerative properties so acute that inconveniences like disease - no matter how severe - were something to be ignored. Arthrur Winterfield, and his family brood, being all werewolves, were among those exempt from such mortal ugliness.

"Besides, your dad still grows that good shit, huh?" Connor glanced over to Arthur, the collar of his coat turned up to the cold and damp of the morning. Arthur tucked his chin to his chest and shrugged, shoulders not quite wide enough to fill out his suit.

"Y-yeah. I don't mean any offense to the ladies you work with, but... well, mom and Mari are expecting again. You know how they get." Arthur was sheepish as he spoke. Connor had known the Winterfields for some time. He was friends with Harland, though neither of the old wolf's wives seemed too fond of the notion.

"Congratulations?" Connor said, unsure. Arthur shook. Oh dear.

"Trips and quads." Arthur muttered, uncomfortable. Connor coughed, the smoke catching in his chest.

"Jesus..." Connor laughed through his coughing fit, clapping Arthur on the back. The boy flinched. For a supernatural super-predator, Arthur had an alarming lack of spine. "Best of luck to you then, Arthur. You know, your dad and some of your brothers are welcome to the Warf for a drink, just in case you need to bail." Connor said, returning his hand to himself and grinding out the butt of his cigarette beneath his boot.

"I'm not old enough to drink, sir..." Arthur confessed.

"Bah, I won't tell no one." The two of them shared a brief smile as they awaited the others to trickle their way out to the thoroughfare, and descended into silence.
    Last edited by StormWolf; 12-27-2018 at 04:49 AM.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Bella grumbled as she slinked through the room to the source of food. Taking whatever she could fit in her hands and made her way over to the chair on the left side of Connor, hopping up in it just as the light dimmed down. She crossed her legs and stuffed food into her mouth unceremoniously. She didn't understand hardly anything that was being said but the pictures flashing on the screen behind the elder man took her interest. Pictures of places and pictures of people, she watched intently feeling the growing feeling in the room, or maybe it was just Connors's tangible feelings. They came off him in waves. He didn't like this, not one bit she could sense it.

When the lights came back on Bella stuffed was licking her fingers but her eyes turned to Connor as he stood, rubbed Nat's hair and strode out of the room. F.B. spoke up about watching her and Nat making Bella perk up for a moment as the huge glowing man walked out and Claude took Nat out of the room. Bella looked up as Sigrid leaned over the side of her chair and held out a hand to her. "Alright you, come along now. We've got some talking to do and some packing."

Bella took the adult women's hand and slipped out of the chair, following the women down the hall and back towards her room Nat and Claude where a ways ahead of them. Bella looked up at Sigrid who's eyes were ahead almost nearly until they reached her door. Sigrid turned and looked down at her with a mixed look. She didn't like this either, whatever it was. "Listen carefully you." she said finely and tapped the wild girls nose. "Your going to be going out with the others this time." Bella cocked her head but her eyes were focused on the women's face.

"Which means your going to have to pay close attention to what they tell you." Sigrids voice held a tone that made Bella listen very closely, She meant it. "Tell you?" Bella asked "Yes." Sigrid replied with a nod before opening the door and stepping in. Bella watched as the older women pulled out a backpack from her closet, something Bella herself never used. Accept to occasionally hide things in. Fortunately there was none of her stash in it this time leaving it empty enough for the women to start packing things such as extra clothes, mostly just clothes as Bella wasn't really authorized to use weapons... of any kind.

Sigrid opened one of her drawers and pulled out a handful of plastic warped mini muffins and looked at Bella with a quirked eyebrow. Bella gave something of a sheepish grin and but she also looked pleadingly. She didn't want Sigrid to throw those away, they were blueberry... her favorite. After a second Sigrid tipped the muffins into the bag giving her a little smile as Bella clasped her hands together and grinned brighter. "I'm going to have to have Claude clean out your room again while your gone, and maybe if we are lucky it will stay clean for a few months when you get back." The women frowned for a moment as she zipped up the bag, gazing at Bella.

With few strides She crouched down in front of her, rubbing her head for a moment. "Be good." Bella nodded. "I mean it." Sigrid said. "Listen to Connor, and F.B. You do what they tell you, no Mischief making." She said sternly. Bella paused for a moment taking in the look of stern concern from the women before she set back and finely nodded. "good." Sigrid said. "Good." She slung Bella's bag over her shoulder and held her hand out to her again. "come on, lets go find the others. "
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Todosi listened as he ate his breakfast. He immediately wondered why it started with a history lesson on another team. Still the ninja studied what was shown. He paid extra attention to the slide of the compound. While he would have preferred to actually get eyes on the site, satellite imagery offered unique views. The former gangster quickly made a list in his pocket notebook. Ripping the page out he held it out to Claude. The orc should be able to get all the images of the compound in the various filters.

Finally the briefing got around to the mission; And Todosi hid a smile with a forkful of fruit. Stealth missions proved he belonged amid those who are more than human. A rescue mission isn't the easiest thing to pull off completely unseen, as getting out with more than what you went in with tends to be difficult. Locating the best route and ensuring that path is clear increases the chances.

When the bombshell dropped Todosi's eyebrow quirked. His eyes quickly flicked to each of the others, taking in a general look of surprise. The ninja turned his attention to the hellions looking to see what their reactions would be. Bella's lack of reaction didn't really surprise the former gangster. The boy's face on the other hand was one of surprise, and yet Todosi could see the hint of terror deep in Nate's eyes. An appropriate reaction in Todosi's eyes.

At the dismissal the ninja seeing both Claude and Sigrid tending to the kids he took his list to Henry. Todosi handed the request to his boss with an apologetic shrug; Before slipping out after the others. He returned to his room and quickly packed up his armor and a number of outfit changes. That done he moved to a mini fridge, opening it he reached inside and grabbed a bag. Carrying it to the coffee table that his katana was displayed, Todosi carefully got to his knees.

Taking the blood bag he ran it slowly across the edge of the blade, splitting it open as he did. The ninja ran the bag back and forth across the edge of the weapon, watching as the blood flowed across the blade. Todosi watched as most of the blood simply disappeared into the metal, a few drops dripped to tabletop. Taking a white strip of silk, he wiped the table clean then ran a few polishing strokes across the blade. Grabbing the sheathe he quickly slipped the blade inside. Hefting the sheathed weapon and his luggage Todosi headed to the armory.

He slipped the cases for his firearms into a duffel and loaded it with ammo. Gripping the duffel in the same hand that held Juuchi Yosamu, hefting his luggage in the other he headed towards the seahawk.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Kodran turned off the shower, dried off, and began to stuff clothes into a bag. Modern shirts, pants, shoes, in they went. He also packed in a rag, a whetstone, a bottle of oil, a half dozen small knives, and some beard clippers and oil, because by the gods he'd have a rocking beard. He slung the bag over his shoulder, adjusted Benbryter, made his way to the cars. "I am ready."

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Lark and Siks co-op.

Sigrid and Bella were making their way through the halls. Since Sigrid would not be going herself she'd have to hand Bella over to one of the team along with her gear. Claude should have Nate all bundled up by now and hopefully he'd be along shortly. Then it was only the adults to round up and worry about. Fortunately most of them could take care of themselves, the only one she might consider worrying about was Ansleigh. Time would tell.

Bella suddenly tugged on her hand and pointed to the door coming up, the cafeteria. "Food!" Bella urged. "you ate." Sigrid told the girl. "Your still hungry?" Bella nodded eagerly. Bella never passed up a chance to graze. Sigrid rolled her eyes but walked with the child to the door and let the munchkin go watching as she dashed off over to the plates. "Use a plate this time!" She called.

Bella glanced over her shoulder at the women before she reached over the edge and pulled a tray free. "and no using your hands to put the food on your plate!" Never mind she better serve the child herself. she tossed Bella's bag on the table and started for the child.

Having completed his pre-mission exercises Forcebreaker snagged himself a shower then felt his stomach rumble loudly. He never liked the greasy food brought into the meetings, he preferred a hearty meal to warm his guts when on mission. And there was only one place he could get it around here, the Beacon's cafeteria. After dumping his gear into the motorpool he made a beeline for the food. He arrived a few seconds after Sigrid and Bella and simply found himself laughing.

Grabbing his own tray he went to stand behind Bella after nodding to Sig. "Might I recommend the breakfast ham and scrambled eggs lassie? Twill be my choice."

Bella turned her eyes up, looking at the giant of a man behind her and grinned. "Eggs." She replied in agreement licking her lips. "Careful glowstick, She might make a mess." Sigrid said crossing her arms. Bella reached for the egg ladle on her tippy toes, usually she'd just climb up for a easy reach but last time she perched on the tray rails one of the cooks chased after her and a sizable mess was had afterwards.

F.B. laughed pushing the girl down and took the ladle giving her a healthy pile of eggs and two pieces of ham winking back at Sig. "Dinnae worry marm, I can help her." Looking back at the girl he served himself similar piles of food and scooted them down the line."Yer far tae wee gotta put some meat on yer bones. And milk." He said placing two cartons on Bella's already piled plate.

"F.B. if you knew what little hidden horde piles she had in her room you wouldn't be saying that." "Milk!" Bella snagged one of the cartons before Sigrid could attempt to put it back. This milk never tasted as good as the milk she'd had from the mothers of the wild, but it wasn't to bad. Bella grabbed onto her plate and attempted to lift it off of the rails but Sigrid steadied it with her own hands before pulling it free from the child's grasp. Bella pouted but held onto the carton of milk she'd snagged.

The glowing man chuckled lifting the teen up under her arms and bouncing her lightly judging her weight like he would a side of beef. "Well then the lass should be bigger than this me thinks, maybe ye need tae change her workout routine." He smiled and plopped Bella back down to her feet before heading for the table where the hellion's gear was and sat himself down to begin eating.

Bella giggled as she was lifted up and bounced before being plopped back to the floor. She scampered off after the two adults and jumped up into the seat, crossing her legs under her as Sigrid slid the plate down in front of her. "Her workout routine is gonna change, a lot." Sigrid said with more of a frown. Bella punctured the carton of milk and tore a small piece at the corner before taking a long drink. "You remember what I told you?" Bella paused looking at the women before lowering her milk. "Be good." Bella repeated slowly. "And?" Bella looked to F.B. before back to Sigrid. "Listen?" she asked slowly.

F.B. chuckled again shaking his head slowly as he enjoyed his food. If anyone could train Bella it would be Sigrid, hopefully a few hours on mission with him won't ruin all that. Finishing his current mouthful of food, the man took a swig of his orange juice. "Gonna tame her like a wild horse eh marm?" He chuckled at Sigrid before looking down at Bella. "So ye excited fer the mission lassie?"

Sigrid grunted. "I don't think that's an approach that will work with her." Bella looked back at F.B. and cocked her head. "Mish-un." She smiled with just a hint of mischief. "Nate come. Go out... compound." Bella said before taking another long drink of her milk before she picked up a piece of ham. "Out... in... wilds!" She said more enthusiastically and stuffed the ham into her face.

The big man laughed. "Och this will be a fun one." He went back to his plate. "Then ye can try tamin' her like a Night Claw." He said sagely.

Sigrid put a hand on F.B.'s shoulder. "Good luck." She said giving him a good pat. "Seriously though, I'm leaving her in your hands and I expect you to bring her back in one piece." She said sliding Bella's bag over into the seat. "I've got some things I need to check on before you lot leave. don't make a mess." she said pointing a finger at Bella sternly as the girl picked up some egg and carefully popped it into her mouth. When Sigrid was away Bella looked at F.B. "Night... claw?" she asked curiously.

F.B. nodded. "Ay giant gnarly lizard that spits fire and can rip a man in half. But if ye tire'em out and tie'em up they can be tamed."

Bella cocked her head as she tore into the other piece of ham. "Tie...em... up?" she asked trying to imagen what he could mean doing that to a beast that must be as big as F.B. if not bigger. "Want... spit... fire!" she said grinning at the idea. "Can... find one?" she asked.

The sniper laughed loud and banged his hand on the table. "Dinnae ken if ye can breath fire anytime soon, as for finding a Night Claw we'll need tae head back tae my birthplace for that. We dinnae have time for that. Besides Nyx is a long ways away."

Bella pouted. the man's heavy accent didn't seem to hinder her understanding of basically no. "Time... after... come back?" She asked leaning towards the Glowing man now intent on seeing a wild night claw herself. "Want... go to.... F.B. ... Birthplace." she insisted. "See.... Wild things!"

Forcebreaker smiled shaking his head slowly as he finished his food and cleaned his mouth off with a napkin. "Maybe someday lassie, but Nyx isnae the easiest place tae reach. Plus Connor would need tae come along. He may nae like it."

Bella frowned again. She stuffed more eggs into her mouth. Someday? She counted on her fingers, concentrating hard there was a Monday, a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and even a Sunday! But there was no someday! She held up her seven fingers in F.B.'s Direction with a disappointed look. "Only... this many... days... is no Someday!"

The couldn't help but smile around the primitive girl. "Dinnae worry, Inkkin have more days than the rest of ye. But finish up lass, got a few things tae go over with ye and Nate once he shows up."

Bella continued to pout but did as she was told and stuffed her face with food till her plate was clean and both cartons of milk were drained. She slipped out of her chair, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand before she licked of the eggs smears and grease. She went to pick up her plate so she could tote it off to where the people cleaned it, even though she'd licked off every crumb herself so it was clean.

Shaking his head Forcebreaker led the girl out of the cafeteria and towards where he thought his other charge would be.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Khoonbish continued to scarf down bacon and eggs while Henry spoke. The werewolf's eyes moved to the screen with each slide change, taking in the shared details. He began to consider his loadout as the briefing went on. At the dismissal Ken finished the food on the plate grabbed his bottle and headed back to his room.

Ken retrieved his old military duffel, and set it on his bed. He snagged his freshly delivered clean laundry bag and dropped it into the duffel. He slung his bow case and sword across his back and scanned the room looking for anything else he might need. Ken's eyes briefly lingered on a scent covering lotion, then his head shook. Montana was full of hunters, he could pick some up there. Leaving the room the werewolf gathered his bag and made his way to the armory.

Ken set his bottle down and requested his standard loadout. Pulling his laundry bag from his duffel he slid the cases inside, “I'm also going to need the ladies. And a variety of ammo. Don't know yet what we'll be dealing with yet.”

“Angela or Lucille?” The tech asked indifferently.

“Both,” Ken replied, “Should also get Dragon's Fire instead of Napalm.”

“Do you have the paperwork?” The technician asked.

“No, ther-”

“You know Dragon's Fire is a restricted material.” The tech interrupted annoyed, “And you've been told before you can't take both of those very expensive guns wit-”

The technician's words were cut off by the hand of the stocky werewolf grabbing the front of his shirt. “Yes, I know all this. However, I don't have time for paperwork. We leave shortly, if you want the paperwork bug the orc. He likes that stuff; If you don't want to have the Old Man using your headless chest cavity as a shitter then you'll get what I asked.”

Ken shook the man behind the counter lightly before letting him go. The tech briefly considered his options and then started loading the counter with various ammunition cans. Ken loaded them into the duffel before shoving his clean laundry bag back inside. He slung the case for the anti-material rifle under his bow case.

Ken lifted his duffel, the seams groaned briefly before the reinforcements took hold. Khoonbish shifted his bottle to a pocket, and then lifted the massive gatling gun case. As he left the armory he could hear the tech placing a call. Ken would deal with the consequences when he got back.

He made his way to the helipad, catching the end of Connor's conversation with the young Winterfield. Setting Lucille down Ken pulled the half full bottle from his pocket and handed it to Arthur. “You look thirsty pup. Enjoy.”
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast