Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [R/M] Valkyries: Occult Warfare I - The Big Sky Scare

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

"Aye, but I don't care. I need to sit down." He chuckled.

--

Kodran was snoring away, asleep in his chairs. His snores were on par with chainsaws or lawnmowers. In his dreams, he was in Valhalla, chatting with one of his best friends and fellow berserker, Ivaar. They were trading tales of battle, and having a drink in front of a fire. It was nice for Kodran to catch up with his friend. "Ivaar, I musst tell you, I am going on a mission with the Valkyeries-"
    "Ha! Got ya trained already, 'ave they?" Ivaar's voice had a bit of an Irish accent, as his mother was from the Emerald Isle. Kodran smiled.
    "Aye, I suppose they have. But, We're investigating some missing soldiers. D'you have any advice?"
    "Hmm..." Ivaar stroked his beard in thought. "A'm gonna tell ya wot A've always said: Bring yer axe." Kodran chuckled. "Benbryter's never left me side."
    "Good. That axe of yer's... well, they don't call it Bone Breaker for nuttin'. See you next time you die." Kodran nodded, and woke up. He held Benbryter to the light. Satisfied, the put it back down, and shut his eyes.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Bella crawled up the steps after Nate peering around with big eyes at the inside of the metal bird thing. It was huuuuge! "Big... bird." She whispered before following Nate to the front where two men set with lots of buttons. Those she knew about and was constantly being told not to touch them. She crawled a little closer before looking back to see Nate making his way further back into the plain and scowled, taking one last glance at the buttons before following after him. "You... want fly birds?" Bella asked Nate curiously as she followed him around to look over the insides of the bird. It wasn't like the inside of any bird she'd seen before! and she would know! bird was tasty.

As Nate made his way back to the cockpit she spotted Kodran dozing in his seats and crawled over, slipping off her backpack and setting it down as she peered over the edge of the seat at the large man. He spoke funny! like F.B. but he was a lot less nice! She was reaching up to poke him when he woke up and She bolted back to her bag and out of arms reach of the man. Dragging her bag along she came back to the entrance into the bird and looked out at those still outside. "Bird... not... heavy.. us?" she asked incredulously. Sure hawks and eagles could Cary a large fish their own but they usually carried things with their claws not inside of them... and not this many.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Kodran half-opened his eyes to peer at Bella. "Tis a plane, lass. Not a bird. An' we ain't too heavy for it, but we're... up there." he beckoned her over. "D'you like taless? Taless of battless, battless fought long ago, of my time." he smiled. "Aye, my time. Twass a ssimpler time. No planess, no carss, only boatss and yer own two feet. Twass long ago, my time. Long, long time ago. I believe it wass, what, a thoussand yearss? Aye, a millineum ago. Would you like to hear a sstory?"

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Khoonbish loaded his gear into the lead SUV. He chuckled at the behavior of the inkkin and the wildchild. Shaking his head at Connor's dressing them; The werewolf didn't have much of a childhood, having spent his youth being trained for what he eventually became. Climbing into the vehicle Ken made himself comfortable.

Upon arriving at the plane, he grabbed his gear and carried aboard. Stashing his heavy weapons he returned from the hold and witnessed the “viking” rip an arm from a chair. Ken set his stocky frame comfortably in one of the large chairs aircraft manufacturers reserved for first class and private planes. He slipped his sword and bow into the chair next to him. “If you can't fit, you're too fat.” The werewolf told Kodran, as he settled down for the flight.

He buckled himself into the chair and tried not to think about what was about to happen. It wasn't flying or heights that bothered Ken. As he'd rather enjoyed the skydiving trip that one mission required of them. It was the lack of control that unnerved him; For a werewolf control was everything, the line in the sand between himself and the beast. The loss of control meant the loss of himself. And where he could likely force the door open once the plane was pressurized, Ken was unsure if he could survive a call from such a height. The closest he came was a 20 story call that left him healing for a week when his opponent vaporized in the werewolf’s grip; Otherwise Khoonbish would likely have been relatively fine. Closing his eyes he settled back for a nap, one that would leave him oblivious to the flight.

Todosi loaded his gear into the same SUV as Connor. He slipped into the backseat after Norseman slipped in next to Arthur and pulled his notebook from his pocket. The former Yakuza scribbled a note down. As they reached the plane and edited the ground transports, Todosi slid the note* to Connor before he grabbed his gear and headed to the plane.

Reaching it as an arm tumbled out the door Todosi grabbed the discarded part and boarded. He stowed his gear in the overhead and slipped into a seat. Buckling in he tossed the arm into the lap of the one who admitted to ripping it out and settled in for a nap, his sword across his lap.

*The note says [This may be the last chance they have to be children. Allow them what little of it they still have.]
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

With relative efficiency, the Valkyries disembarked from their vehicles and began loading and boarding their jet, or rather Sigrid’s jet. Upon hearing the commotion inside the cabin – the tearing of metal and fabric, then the tumbling armrest – Connor sucked in a breath, ready to bellow at the guilty party when Todoshi pressed a folded paper against him. Reflex spoke for itself, a hand snatching the paper. Stern brows furrowed, glancing to the enigmatic swordsman who minced no further words, marching aboard casually with a fuming Sigrid shortly behind him.

Upon seeing a part of her plane fly out the door, Sigrid’s disposition shifted. She held a finger up to her fellow pilot, and in a display of acute self-preservation, clamped his mouth shut and took two long steps back. Ascending the stairs of the jet with eyes that flashed like lightning, Sigrid loosed a seething tirade of swears in a wide swathe of languages, living and dead, so severe that Connor expected to see paint start to peel.

“You filthy fifil, I will send you back to Valhalla with your sub-standard, subhuman brain as a suppository! There’s a couch for you to use, you rancid, flea-bitten Joutun grundle!”

It took a lot to get Sigrid that angry, leaving Connor impressed at the neanderthal’s commitment to making his supernal parole officer so furious in such short order. Their mission wasn’t even wheels up yet. Taking a deep breath, Connor decided to make like Sigrid’s flyboy friend and give the actual Valkyrie time to burn off her righteous fury. Thumbing open the note, he read Todoshi’s concise scrawl, and suddenly felt his baggage grow that much heavier. He reread it, feeling the hammer-blow of those simple words again and again. By the time he reached the stairs, he crumpled the note in his fist and stuffed it into his coat pocket.

Fuck you, Todoshi. You’re right, but fuck you...

The jet’s cabin was spacious for an airliner, complete with luxurious seats, a pair of dining booths, and a couch near the rear of the craft. It came complete with a wet bar and encrypted Division database, as well as run of the mill internet browsing and email applications.

“Connor, can I learn to fly a plane?” Nate’s high-spirited voice hit Connor like a backhand. Normally, he’d tell Nate to ask Sigrid, but she was still verbally flaying the Viking.

“Sure thing,” Connor said, “Once we’re done with this assignment, I’ll get some flight sims for you and Bella in the game room. How’s that sound?” He glanced to Nate, who seemed to be rapt in the kolidescope of lights and switches in the cockpit. Sigrid’s copilot seemed a good sport about it, answering Nate’s questions and naming the various devices and displays that may have been pointed out.

Allow them what little they still have... Connor reminded himself glibly, and shouldered past Sigrid, who was putting her hair back into place, her fury mostly spend.

“Don’t fly angry, Sig. A few of us can’t regen from a crash.” Connor said, stowing his luggage beneath the couch.

“That’s right rich and fresh coming from you, of all people,” Sigrid snipped with a flare of her nostrils. “Everyone buckle up. Wheels up in five. I hope you all packed warm. It’s a bitter one in Montana, today.”

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Kodran sat there, shook. Though he was much larger than Sigrid, she terrified him. He stood up, quietly put the armrest on the seat, and walked over to the couch. He sat down, and the couch creaked loudly. "Aye, that be about right..." he grumbled. He eyed the couch underneath him with a healthy caution. Should he go back to the seats, and risk Sigrid's wrath, or wait for the couch to break, and face her... well, wrath. He looked around for a seat belt. He grabbed one and the other, and tried to click them together. Wrong move. They wouldn't reach, and when trying to make them, he accidentally ripped them out. Gods damn his einherjar strength.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

When the large viking man spoke to bella she cocked her head and crawled a little closer as other started coming onto the ... plane? settling herself down just out of his reach but comfortably close enough to listen to his tales. But before the man could start into his brave adventurers sigrid came in and Bella could sens the the storm clouds coming and coming this way! Bella made off quickly out of the way of the coming storm and made shelter behind some seats where Todoshi just as Sigrid let off on the man.

Peering out from behind the seat Bella listened intently. Even the bit man looked frighted of the women. Bella didn't understand everything she was shouting but she understood how it started. as Kodran moved to the couch and attempted the buckle himself in Bella slipped out from behind the chair and looked at Sigrid "Fifil?" She asked. When she heard the distinct sound of more damage being made to the big birds belly. Bell ducked back behind the set of chairs again to take cover from the storm again.

An sank down into her chair even Carder faded back into the wall of the plane as the women's barrage of language came out at the viking. An found herself taking just a bit of amusement from the shaken look of the viking as he lumbered off to the couch and set down. She winced as she heard in brake the next thing he used, the seat belt and sank further into the seat reaching into her bag and quickly pulling out a book to pull out and cover the gruesome scene that might ensue next. She had nightmares enough she would rather not add Sigrid turning the Idiots brain into suppository.. as she put it.

Pulling the book open a couple of her notes fell out into her bag, she left them there and just tried to bury her mind in the book and block out the inheritable screaming she expected to hear from sigrid's wrath. It almost worried her that she wasn't concerned for the man's future health or for anyone's really let alone her own. But mostly she just didn't have the energy to care if they crashed and died.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Kodran winced as the straps tore. "Ríða!" he cursed, his eyes darting up towards Sigrid. He quietly hid the straps and crossed his arms across his chest. His weight shifted, and the couch beneath him let out a loud creak. "Eegh... I do not like thesse..." he froze, uneasy. Then his expression changed. "No..." he whispered, just before the couch finally buckled benath his mammoth body with an exceedingly loud crash. "Shet!" he yelled. He picked hiself off the broken couch, and brushed shards of wood from the back of his legs. "Sigrid's gon' have my head for thesse."

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Forcebreaker could only laugh as the Viking got his lashings for breaking the plane. "Ah always fun tae begin a mission with mum yellin' at one of the kids." He stashed his gear as well as Nate's and Bella above his head and took his customary spot near the exit. He wasn't afraid of flying, fear was something he dropped years ago when he was living alone in Nyx.

But when shit goes south fighting monster having a close exit is always a good plan. As Bella hid behind a chair the big man chuckled again motioning for the girl to sit next to him. "Come lassie sit by me it'll be safest out of her way." He pulled off his sword and leaned it against the wall within easy reach as he sat down and reclined his seat some waiting for takeoff.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234