Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: {M} Amor Omnia Vincit [Ashen and EerieWillows]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Mature, Smutty, Scifi, World building, Race Building, and many more
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The woman walked rather briskly, considering her stature, her wavy black hair bouncing about as they made their way towards the inn. It really was a quaint little town, now that it wasn't pouring rain. As they continued their little trek Saoirse did her best to keep her eyes forward. Though they wandered back to the priest from time to time. What was it about him? His tall stature? His strict face? She just couldn't help herself. He began to explain the building before them, but the girl couldn't take the time to really appreciate it. Her attention was immediately elsewhere. The smell of a well cooked meal and music to top it off. Oh gods this was to be her saving grace. Never had she been so thankful for her layers of clothing to muffle the rumbling of her belly.

The witch's bright and sparkling eyes wandered about the interior of the Inn. It was marvelously crafted. Though she didn't have much time to enjoy it before something came rushing towards them. The innkeeper. A stout woman with a strong grip. Her attention moved from her to Kay'zha then back to her. There was no time to reply before the two got to talking, leaving the poor little thing stammering before simply stopping. What a difference in energies.

She bowed to the woman as they were lead somewhere to sit, the girl watching her quietly, staying behind Kay'zha as best she could. She wanted no trouble, no sir she did not. The prospect of meat got her to perk up however. She could feel the dool pooling in her mouth. Swallowing hard, the witch took her seat beside the preacher. It was strange, sharing a meal with the man who's church she'd broken into the night before. It wasn't unpleasant though.

The eyes upon her were no matter, a bright smile turned towards the priest. This was not her first time in a foreign town. Of course, there was little time for conversation before the meal arrived. A chill ran down her back as she whimpered. Oh she wanted to eat. Now. It looked so good, and smelt even better. What were these spices that danced on her nose? She didn't have time to sample before the woman inquired about how it tasted. There were no words she had for her yet. There wasn't time to speak however, because soon she had taken off to get her some bread. A warm chuckle left little Saoirse as she turned to Kay'zha.

" She's so vibrant... Thank you, Kay'zha. I appreciate the meal." Thanked the girl, taking her spoon and finally taking a moment to enjoy the stew

As it hit her mouth she practically melted. Oh gods it was delicious. Maybe it was the hunger talking, but the spices seemed to tell of the innkeeper herself. Warm and soothing was what she would describe it with. The meat was tender enough that it practically melted. What meat was it? beef? Pork? Venison? She didn't know, but it was so good she was practically moved to tears. It was hard to keep herself from stuffing her face like a wild-man. She saw Rose return, looking up with glossy eyes and a flush face.

"This... this is amazing! Many thanks, Miss Rose! The spices, the meat! It's enough to warm me to the core!" Exclaimed the little woman, the smile upon her face sweet enough to hurt one's teeth. It remained for just a moment before softening. She bit her lip. "D-do you happen to have any rooms available? I have a little coin, and I need shelter while I repair my cart's oil cloth. A small, simple room if you have any available would be best..." Her inquiry was genuine. As much as Kay'zha had offered her to stay at the church, she left she was intruding.

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kay'zha had a far less animated response to his meal. He spooned the dark liquid into his mouth, and true to the innkeeper's word, he could taste no meat in the vegetable-based stew. After a couple spoonfuls he looked to Saorise, who looked like she hadn't eaten in days. Perhaps she hadn't. Either way, he was glad to be seeing the small witch so excited at something so simple. Rose's stew, according to the locals, was one of the best dishes on this side of the continent, sure, but most seemed to like it for its homey feel and earthy taste. Kay'zha wasn't all that enthused; the thin man didn't eat much, and what he did consume was more for nutrition, not taste. Still, he was glad he could introduce this wanderer to something she so obviously loved, and--were those tears in her eyes? Kay'zha turned away, a happy little smile meeting his lips. What a curious woman...

Rose came back to give a piece of bread each to her guests, but she was surprised to find such enthusiastic praise coming from the newcomer. "You're too kind!" she said back, though it was clear the compliments were touching her. Her smile seemed to grow even wider and she glowed in the young girl's cheer. She listened to her request and nodded. "We always have rooms available, hun. Let's talk about that after you finish eating, yeah?" She turned to Kay'zha. "Have you taken her to Thomas yet? He can probably help with cart repairs of all sorts. I might even have some old cloths she could use--Ah, coming!" Rose was suddenly pulled away by another of the breakfast diners across the floor. She walked past a lone flutist providing the music for the inn. Rose smiled brightly at him as she walked by, and the flutist paused to smile back before continuing his song.

Kay'zha turned his attention back to Saoirse. "I do apologize," he mumbled. "Rose keeps herself busy. She means well, even if she does have too many things to tend to." He set his spoon aside and drank his stew from his bowl, not wanting to waste more time than they had to. "I do not mind you staying at the chapel," Kay'zha went on. "Though I do understand more comfort comes with your own room. You intend to be here long?" With another long swig, his stew was already finished. "Like Rose was saying, Thomas, he's our town toy maker, but he is good at fixing just about everything. It comes with the craft, I suppose. If you'd like, I can show you to his home after we finish here. He has a daughter, Anastasia, she's only two. I do hope you don't mind children."

Before long, Rose returned to the two of them, a book lodged under her arm. She pulled it out onto the counter they were eating on. "We've a few rooms available," she said, then turned away to fetch a quill from behind the counter. "Let's see here. You wanted something simple? We've got some vacancies on the third floor here, they're not expensive. I'd let you stay for free, but ol' Rose has a business to run, you know?" She laughed at her joke, then turned back to her log book. "Right, how about this one? It's a hundred silvers a night, if that's to your liking? I'll write your name here, ah, what was it?"

Kay'zha didn't want to pry, but with Rose so close to him, he could easily see what she was proposing. The room she was offering was at a discounted price already. Perhaps, he noted, flattery would get this little witch somewhere. He knew Rose would want to write in the girl's name, and he also knew the self-taught literate woman would have no idea how to spell it. He smiled softly at that. When the women were done discussing their business, he turned to Saorise. He motioned towards his bread, asking if she would like it, and told her he was ready to head out whenever she was. Before they left, he would leave a few silvers on the counter, though he knew Rose would not ask for them.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The girl's eyes lit up even brighter as the woman mentioned a room, her bright eyes seemed to grow even brighter. Ahh this city wasn't as dreary as it seemed! What a place she'd stumbled upon. Before much could be spoken she was done her meal, completely stuffed. Oh by the gods that was the stuff. She could feel the hunger pains slowly replaced with a warmth that she hadn't felt in a while. She'd subsided on jerkies and broths for a while, too many bandits around to do a proper hunt. She was about to thank the woman before she had run off again. Saoirse was left there like a stunned bunny, Kay'zha apologizing for the woman's busy schedule left her even more confused..

"N-no no, no need to apologize at all. This is what most inn's I've been to are like... and she's far kinder than most I've dealt with. Would we be able to make that next visit later? Kids are fine but my cart can wait. I need to clean the chapel floor and fix your door before anything else. I appreciate you being patient enough to sit and have a meal with me..." Replied the little witch, running her hand back through her fluffy black hair. Now that it was dry, it seemed to have a life of it's own, waving and curling about everywhere." After perhaps? If you aren't busy. or tomorrow if that suits you best. I can start the patching myself. "

She was quite contently mopping up the last of her stew with her bread, humming to herself rather contently before Rose came back with news of a room. Of course, Saoirse was all smiles as she reached into her purse and fished through her coin purse. What a fantastic lady she was, offering her a room for so little. The little woman had been saving for a while, and with any luck she could do some street singing and earn some gold or silvers to keep herself going on her way. She looked over the book and smiled, noting the room she was writing her down for.

"It's Saoirse, S-A-O-R-I-S-E." Replied the girl, doing her best to be helpful as she thanked the priest and set the small bit of bread in her bag. It'd be a good snack later, who knew what she'd still have in her cart. Or if any of it had surived the storm. She moved close to the desk, counting out her silvers and setting four hundred or so down for the woman, along with a few extra for the meal. "This should cover four days?" She bowed softly, smiling towards the priest and turning. "ah, I have some things to do down by the church, I'll return soon. Thank you again for the meal Ma'am! And for the room!"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kay'zha watched the little witch in his company, continually baffled by her surprise. She truly seemed as if she were experiencing kindness for the first time. He wondered where she came from, who she was. Just what had he gotten himself into taking in a stranger like this? Regardless, he wouldn't regret a thing, not until Saoirse proved to be a foe. For now, though he would not admit it, he enjoyed watching this curious girl.

The priest assured Saoirse she did not have to worry about the chapel, that he would tidy it later, but somehow he knew she would not tolerate this level of hospitality. He only shrugged softly, not wanting to argue. If fixing up the floors and the door would make her happy, who was he to stand in her way? He was silent as the women communicated and silver was exchanged. Despite Saorise's attempts, Kay'zha knew all too well that Rose would still spell her name wrong, that the poor woman probably did not know the names of the letters, but that whatever she would scribble down would make sense to the innkeeper anyway. Bowing his farewells to Rose, he ensured Saorise was ready to go, and the two of them headed away from the inn.

Back outside, Devaduta was beginning to open its sleepy eyes. More people were moving about now than before, and a few waved or smiled at Kay'zha. The priest returned each of their greetings without breaking his concentration from Saorise. "We may go to the chapel," he said with a nod. "Really, though, do not worry yourself about my chapel. As a clergyman, I have quite a bit of free time always, and I really do not mind occupying myself with common chores. Though if it would make you feel better..." He led her back to the chapel, though he walked more slowly in case she changed her mind and they had to change direction.

On the way back, Kay'zha thought to ask Saoirse about her past. "I was hoping to learn a bit more about you," he started, though he followed that up with, "if you are willing to share, of course." He paused before deciding on his questions. "You seem quite joyous to be receiving such hospitality. Is that not common where you are from? Ah, I hoped we might discuss more of where you are from, after all." He looked to her, studying her gaze. "I've never been much further than the Eastern City, in truth. I've heard stories of beyond that, and of course, we do see our share of travelers from all around, but... I suppose I just wonder what someone like you would be doing somewhere like this." He looked forward again to see that they were already in front of the chapel. It was empty, thankfully; there was no one to tend to just yet. He had chores still; in addition to the work Saoirse had caused, Kay'zha had to prepare for the day, setting the altar and preparing the ornaments, praying to his god and various other menial tasks. Those could wait, however. He wanted to learn more about this girl, he wanted to help her, and even if he wouldn't say it, he was interested in her.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

He seemed so insistent that she forget about the damage to the church, did he not want her to fix what she had broken? That was unacceptable! To her at least. Her smile was bright as she turned to face the priest, walking sideways to keep up. She was klutzy, and seemed to forget that in the moment, easily keeping pace.

"Really, I do want to fix it all up. I mean, What sort of person makes a mess and doesn't fix it? To the best of their abilities at least." Remarked the girl, once again at his side and walking normally. It was quiet for some time, leaving her to enjoy this peaceful walk. To watch the sleepy town wake, it was hardly the same cold place she'd seen the night before. Distracted and waving to those who bothered to do the same to her, his question nearly stopped her dead. Her step faltered as she stared up at him with flushed cheeks.

Why would he want something like that?! What about her was interesting? Nervous and flustered didn't cover just how adorable her reaction was. The confused girl continued to walk and figure out how to reply to his questions. Nervously fidgeting as they walked, she nearly walked into him. They had returned to the chapel before she'd realized. Her nervous giggle was followed by a soft apology for bumping into him.

'S-sorry. It's not often people ask about me. I'm not all that articulate in answering." Explained Saoirse, her eyes flicking to the side. "No... Kindness isn't common to beggars and travelers in this world. In most places at least. And you're unlike most preachers. I've been chased out of town because I turned one down in the past. I really appreciate it." Genuinely she did. "I was headed to the Eastern coast. There's a port there that'll take me to a nearby island. I've heard the markets there are fantastic. I don't really have much more than that to say." She took the time to move towards the door, letting him in before kneeling and looking at the damage to the wood and metal.

Really, It wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. She just needed some supplies. Her attention returned to the priest. "Ah, If you don't mind, Do you have any wood polish? A scrub brush and water? I'd love to get down to work." Really she wanted to make a good impression. Hopefully, if she fixed it up she could make a better impression than the one she'd made the previous night.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kay'zha immediately took note of the way her demeanor changed. He was asking too much, he realized, and he prepared an apology, but before he could say anything, the klutzy little witch was nearly walking into him. Was she so distracted by his inquiry? He'd thought his questions simple enough; was she trying to hide something? It was none of his business, and he regretted asking, but the girl was talking before he could try to take his words back.

He listened to her reply and watched the way her body language spoke. Was she ashamed of her past experiences with unkind people? He shook his head softly. "I hardly think travelers and beggars should be afforded any less than any other person. They are no different." He shrugged his shoulders, though he believed her. He heard about it all the time; people whispered vicious gossip about those far and wide. Kay'zha heard the stories, he saw the broken fragments of victims; he knew the pain of living in this world of hate.

The priest turned his eyes to Saoirse, now examining the lock of the door. Kay'zha stood by her, amused at her words about her destination. "You were trying to get to the eastern coast... by traveling west?" He motioned towards the distant mountains south of the town. "Devaduta has nothing to its west but a desert. It's entirely uninhabitable, so you had to have come from the east. If you're seeking a coast, there's one to the northeast, is that what you mean? That's a couple weeks away by horse, I'd think. Unless you did come through the desert? It's said no one has ever come out of that desert alive. Beyond that is a port city, but people just get there by sea. It's as if a toxic wasteland splits this continent."

It pained him to talk about the desert like that. Kay'zha knew what he was saying was untrue, but he knew there was no use in explaining the truth. The desert had been home to people banished from society, but now, they were all dead. The racism and cruelty that wrapped that story were not sentiments he wanted to currently explain to this cheerful little witch.

Saoirse asked him for some supplies, and it was then that Kay'zha snapped out of his daze. "Of course," he replied and headed into the chapel. He found polish, a brush, and a bucket in his sanctuary and brought them out to her. "I will fetch water from the waterfall," he told her, motioning towards it. "I'll be but a minute."

He started off towards the gentle waterfall just east of the chapel. This cascade, known as Angel Falls, was the most interesting thing about the quaint town. Its waters tipped from the cliff overlooking the town, and the water trickled from the main pond southwards towards the mountains. The sight brought travelers to Devaduta, but the townsfolk took it for granted. As Kay'zha approached it with his bucket, he sighed. Even if it did keep him up at night, the damn thing was pretty.

Bucket filled, Kay'zha returned to Saoirse and set the water down for her. As he did, he could feel a pain bubble in his stomach, an angry protest to the food he'd eaten. He closed his eyes for a moment and thought of how exhausted he was, how irritated his body. He needed to get some rest, but... Opening his eyes, he saw the little witch, and he smiled. The girl deserved some kindness. As well as he could, he would make sure she got that.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“I came from the west, skirting around southwest coast and passing through the smallest parts of it I could find. Rune doesn't do well in such arid climates, but he managed. I’ll be doing my best to avoid it in the future.” Remarked Saoirse as she nodded to him. “I’m heading North east, towards the northern port. There’s small communities up that way, and I’m no stranger to the cold...” Her smile changed but for a moment, a flicker of sadness flooding her. Quickly shaking it off, she nodded as he left to get the things she’d asked for. Really, such a kind priest she’d found. There were certainly none like him in the world.

She took the brush and polish, taking off her cloak and tearing a small square off to help with the polishing of tiny areas. Taking a small knife from her waist, she chipped away some of the soot and charcoal, leaving the wood just a bit carved out. While it wouldn’t be a perfect fix, the door itself seemed relatively unharmed. She used the pommel on her blade to beat the iron back into place, minding the edges and keeping it lined as she worked. She was fast, and obviously understood enough to fix just a little bit on everything. Handy little thing.

By the time Kay’zha returned, the girl’s cheeks were streaked with soot from touching her face, her little hands practically black. She turned, smiling towards him. It didn’t last. He looked... pained? Rushing to her feet and dusting herself off, she took the bucket from him, waiting a moment before speaking. Her face was filled with concern, those strange golden eyes sparkling ever so slightly

“Are you alright? Fa... I mean, Kay’zha? You look like you’re uncomfortable. Did I keep you up too late? Do you need some rest?” Questioned the girl, She could tell he was hiding it behind his smile. And while it was a charming one, the concern remained. “I’ve got this taken care of if you’d like to even just rest for a few moments. Really.”
    She even gestured towards the cleaned area on the door, showing him just how much she’d already managed to do. Confident in her work, she explained what she would do from there. Letting him lean in and investigate the repairs so far, Saoirse was given time to get another good look at the preacher.

He was even more handsome in the daylight. His golden hair and caramel skin were beautiful and unlike anything she’d seen close up. Despite his gaunt frame, there was something... intriguing about him. The memory of seeing him practically bare the night previous came to the front of her mind and her cheeks tinged with color. She couldn’t help herself, continuing to watch him more than the door.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

When Kay'zha returned to the chapel, he was surprised to find just how much Saoirse had finished in the short moments he'd been gone. She was cleaning the old lock as well as fixing it, and residue from it caught on her porcelain skin. The poor girl would need a good bath after this. He smiled at her, surprised to see such a handy female, and complimented her work. The witch was a rarity alright, a cheery little mage who knew how to take care of herself. Kay'zha was intrigued by her, and though he wanted to know more, he knew she was only here to bide time until she left again.

But suddenly, she seemed concerned for him. Kay'zha shook his head, silently cursing himself for letting on that he might be any less than alright. "I'm fine," he assured, though his words were empty. The distant ringing in his ears, the throbbing behind his eyes; oh gods, was this happening now? He felt it slip into his consciousness slowly, and then it was there, obtrusive, pestering. "I'll be fine," the priest corrected under his breath, but not if he stayed here. Desperate brown eyes looked around, counting the bystanders. Why now? "I'm sorry," Kay'zha said, trying his best to keep his voice level. "I have a swift errand to run. I should be back soon. Feel... free to make yourself... at home..."

His breaths were ragged. In another few moments, he was going to pass out. Kay'zha started away at a brisk walk, praying to Albia and Ater that the witch would not follow him. He mumbled something under his breath, a language no one here would know. The priest left the town, heading south towards the mountains, going as fast as his quivering legs would take him. Finally, some distance from town, into the mouth of a cave shrouded from view, the exhausted man fell to the cold, stone floor.

He'd awake in only several minutes, panting and sweating profusely. Wiping at his forehead, he realized he wasn't only sweating; blood was trickling down a new gash across the side of his head. His vision was blurred; where was he? Saoirse, had she followed him? Was she still at the chapel? Kay'zha tried to stand up, but his legs clattered beneath him, two shaking toothpicks that could not support his small weight. He fell to the ground again, this time catching himself and preventing another wound. He turned his eyes to the outside, where sun was blanketing the mountainous paths. It was still morning. Kay'zha gave himself a few minutes before trying to stand again. Once steady, he hobbled back to Devaduta, trying to wipe the blood from his face.

By the time he reached his church, his face was flushed. His hair held the specs of scarlet he tried to hide. Besides the pain from his new wound, his body seemed oddly at ease, if not tired. Kay'zha looked around for Saoirse, already wondering how he would explain himself. The town priest, the miracle worker, the rock that helped everyone get on their feet; Kay'zha could barely keep on his own.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As soon as she prodded just a tinge about his state of being, he seemed to clam up. Oh, she had poked too far. Damn. She looked down at the door again, not watching him as he mentioned leaving for a quick moment. He sounded strange. Had she really offended him so? Well... She would try and mend that when He came back. The witch simply bid him a concerned goodbye as he rushed away. Leaving the girl alone to mind his church. Anyone else might have used the time to snoop and abandon their task, but she had something to do! She had to repay him for what he’d done. Single minded was she in her tasks.

Why she was being so insistent was a mystery to her. Usually she would rush to get things done to move on and get to earning some money entertaining. Not today, she wanted to make sure that she did this right. Working hard, the door was soon repaired and tended to, and the floor was well on it’s way to being polished. That would impress the preacher, or so she hoped. Tea... maybe she would bother him for a little tea.

The swift errand seemed to take a while, the girl had made great progress when she spotted someone approaching. She set her work aside, deciding to approach the stranger to let them know the priest was out. Concern once again gripped her however as she realized who it was. Kay’zha? He had returned? Why was he walking like that? The witch rushed over, her concern soon turning to horror as she saw the state he was in. He smelt of blood and sweat, and his stance. He was wobbly? Had something happened? The specks of blood in his golden hair only made things that much worse.

She didn’t allow the man to speak as she took one of his arms and put it over her shoulder, ushering him back to his church and inside. Saoirse knew better than to interrogate someone outside. They could run. Something very bad had just transpired and her meddling, caring nature didn’t allow her to simply let things slide. Once inside, she settled him on the closest bench. Soft hands moved over him quickly as she tried to see what was wrong. She spotted the gash across his head and gasped.

“What happened?! Kay’zha, you’re... You’re soaked with sweat! And bleeding! Oh goodness we need to get you to your sanctuary. Where do you keep your medical supplies?!” Yelped the girl, her golden eyes wide as she looked over the man. She bit her lip, realizing that it would be terrible for anyone else to see him in this state. He would clam up, she could tell. “Can you walk? Help me get you to your chambers okay? Please...”

Her eyes continued to plead with him as she tried to meet his gaze. Who had done this to him? Had he tripped and fallen? He had been running and errand, or so he said. Some part of her felt like this had been her fault for prying so much, but there was no choice! He had been kind to her, and she would repay him ten fold. That was how you did things. It was only fair!

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kay'zha located the young witch walking towards him, but she seemed to notice his state and quickened her pace. An arm draped over his body, Saoirse rushed him back towards the chapel. Kay'zha tried to assure her he was okay, but his words came out too quietly and too shakily. No one would believe them, and he scolded himself for publicly lying, even if it was to prevent her from worrying. He allowed himself to be led inside, absolutely loathing the attention he was getting but knowing better than to fight it.

But then she noticed his head. Kay'zha flinched as Saoirse fussed over his wound. "I can walk fine," he replied, trying his best to keep his voice aggravation-free. He slowly made his way to his sanctuary and sat on his bed. Finally, he could sit down for a little while, relax, let a bit of time pass. He sighed before turning back to the worrying witch. "Please, calm," he murmured. "I'm fine, I'm fine. I... I haven't medical supplies. Albia grants all I ask of her, benevolent as she is." He hadn't intentions of asking the god for help, but he knew Saoirse would not leave him alone like this. "Ah," he murmured, "grant me a second..." The priest closed his eyes and spoke freely in a different language. It was a strange tongue, unlike any in any surrounding area, filled with harsh sounds and a melodic sort of pitch. He stopped speaking, and in a moment his wound seemed to heal itself, closing but leaving a scar. Perhaps some day Kay'zha would pray the scar away too, but for now, he knew he was on thin ice with his gods.

With his task complete, he opened his eyes and turned back to Saoirse, wondering what she would thing of the feat. Kay'zha was hailed as a miracle worker across the lands, though he hated the attention the title brought. As far as he was concerned, he was only doing his job as a priest.

From the corner of his eye, he saw the scarlet tinting his golden locks. He tried running a hand through his hair, but the waves were beyond tangled, fallen from their braid sometime during his "errand." He looked over Saoirse again, at the rust and soot covering his skin. "Forgive me if this comes off the wrong way," he started, knowing that the people of these parts were more sensitive about such things, "but would you care for a nice bath? I often go to a lake to the east of Devaduta. You might have seen it when you came in, though it's a bit far from the paths travelers take here. It's said to be a burial ground for a goddess. Never mind that; it's shrouded by brush, and I find it an excellent location for bathing. If you'd care for it, I have soaps, and it might help to remove the residue of my lock from your skin." Kay'zha absently looked around the room. He did have soap, didn't he? Somewhere?

Kay'zha turned back to the witch. "I can hardly deliver gods' grace looking like this," he muttered with a soft smile. "So... the offer is there." But just as he finished speaking, he heard a low, echoing voice from the entrance of the chapel. Looking back to his hair, Kay'zha swore under his breath. "Excuse me," he said, and he threw off his cloak. Naked for only a moment, he grabbed a spare, dry robe and threw it on, then met with a man waiting for him.

"Ah, Thomas," Kay'zha said with a bow. "What brings you in this morning?"

The man looked over the priest. His red hair was cut short, his beard kept close to his chin, and his brown eyes sparkled with an excitement that hadn't been present in months. This excitement wavered when they spotted the blood in the priest's hair, but he shook it off. "Kay'zha, you won't believe it," he said cheerily. "Anastasia, she's started talking."

Kay'zha's own eyes adopted that excitement. "Really?" he asked. "Why, Thomas, that's wonderful."

"I was wondering," Thomas continued, "if you might be able to send a prayer up for us? It's just, I'd like to thank her, and to ask for more progress like this."

Kay'zha nodded and took the man's hands in his own. "I'd be happy to help," he said. He closed his eyes, and Thomas did the same. The priest said a few words of thanks to the god, then asked for further guidance. The prayer did not take long, but by the end Kay'zha looked exhausted again. He returned to Saoirse with an apology. "Thomas is our leatherworker," he explained. "He lost his wife earlier this year, and their daughter stopped talking altogether. I am glad she is starting to heal." He turned to the door of the chapel, praying no one else would need him for a little while. "Ah, sorry, where were we? Were you interested in such a soak?" Silently he urged her to answer before anyone else wandered in.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast