Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: {M} Amor Omnia Vincit [Ashen and EerieWillows]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Mature, Smutty, Scifi, World building, Race Building, and many more
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default {M} Amor Omnia Vincit [Ashen and EerieWillows]

[The following roleplay is rated mature for reasons that may include but are not limited to strong language, suggestive and sexual themes, violence, and possible drug use. Reader discretion is advised.]

-------

Rain. Rain didn't even begin to describe the maelstrom that pounded down upon the hooded figure, soaking her and her draft steed. The lantern hanging on the driver's hook had long since perished, the flame drowned in the witch's travels . This couldn't go on, But there was no rest for her, not until she found a place to hide from the storm. Her sturdy cart brought no comfort, a recent run in with a pair of dangerous louts left her canvas with gaping holes in it, she'd barely been able to stop the floor from becoming water logged, never mind her belongings. On terrible nights like this, she was thankful for inns and taverns, and the refuge they provided. She would have to find somewhere to rest, and fast.

Soon the forest gave way to fields, then to sparse homes of people far wealthier than she. They grew taller, slimmer, and soon they merged into streets and alleys. Where was she? This town was not one she was familiar with, nor did she think she would find something other than a small, country side inn. Yet her she was, winding through streets to try and find some sign, a declaration of the town or even just the word 'TAVERN' Yet in the foggy haze and dark streets, she found no such thing.

The golden gaze of the stranger wandered about as she sought a place to rest her weary body. Each window was dim with no sign of life inside. Was it really that late? Had she driven through the night? Her map was stowed away for it's own safety, but something wasn't right. She knew these roads. It was not her first time traveling them . Yet this town was not where she had expected. Had she taken a wrong turn? A chill forced her attention back to the task at hand, She was freezing. Shelter. Fast. Regardless of where she was, she wouldn't last much longer.

As the streets became less and less discernible, they opened to reveal what must have been a town square. Nothing but fog at first, but then, a dim light! Her grip on the reigns tightened. Was this salvation? Guiding her great beast further into the mist, she tried to keep her eyes on that glimmer of hope. It was mere moments later that the towering form of a simple church was all that could be seen through the haze. She grimaced . It wasn't the best option, if she was being frank it wasn't an option at all really. Her kind were not welcome in such places, but perhaps she could bite her tongue and make the best of this.

Slowly bringing her cart to a stop beneath one of the church eaves, She slipped off the riding bench and found the ground beneath her was little more than a thick, muddy porridge. Oh. Joy. She clicked her tongue in annoyance. Once she'd secured her things as best she could, She made her way to the door, muttering to herself as she climbed the narrow stairs. Grasping the latch, her displeasure only grew. Great, It was locked. Her first slammed into the wood, her frustrations echoing through the interior. She wasn't going to give up on this. Not with the weather like this.

The girl reached out a heavily jeweled hand, it's strange, Pendeloque hand piece glimmering in the dim light from the nearby window. Focusing upon her core, She went about as she usually would. Exhaling a hissing breath, her golden eyes began to glow. As if guiding the magic through the strange jewelry, she began to amass what she would need. What was that spell.. what was it? It seemed to come to her from within, her smirk present for but a moment before the single word fell from her lips.

"Resero."

A burst of light passed through the door. It slammed open as the lightning crashed outside. Her silhouette creating an imposing figure as she stood there in shock. Well, that had been more than she anticipated. Looking at the smoking handle on the door, she hoped that the priest was a forgiving sort. Slowly, she let herself in, completely silent as peered through the pews. What light had she seen? Where was the one who owned this church. Surely the racket she'd caused would bring someone out.

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

A downpour raged outside the window, its waters crashing on the half-paved streets of the town he'd grown to call home. The locals would say it was raining cats and dogs, but Kay'zha just thought of the strange phenomenon as an inconvenience. He had never seen rainstorms before he'd arrived in Devaduta, several years ago now, but whenever they came, he always knew he'd never get any sleep. The echoing roars of thunder triggered his migraines, and beyond that, he didn't know how the whole town could sleep through the sound of the pounding rain. The priest sat up in his bed, tucked away into the sanctuary in the back of the chapel, and he sighed. There was no use just sitting around trying to sleep, he reasoned. Pulling on his dirtied boots and thin cloak, Kay'zha left the chapel in the middle of the night. Unlike usual, he closed the door behind him, reasoning that he did not want to make a mess of the church he spent countless hours polishing. Making sure no one in town was awake and watching, the priest headed south, towards the vast mountain range.

Kay'zha didn't know how long he'd spent out in the rain. The mountains were soothing, and even if the paths only he traversed were slippery with precipitation, he enjoying walking through them. He lost hours to the company of the mountain, somewhere in meditation and prayer. When he started back for Devaduta, the stars still shone above him. His boots and rags were absolutely drenched. He thought of the fire he'd start when he got back to the sanctuary. Perhaps he could brew himself a nice tea and snuggle up with a nice book and some blankets. He busied himself with thinking of his plans for the night when he noticed something. Stepping past the gate of Devaduta, he caught a glimpse of a figure atop a horse. At this time of night, Kay'zha could only assume they meant trouble.

He paused and watched as the hooded figure looked around. The priest gave them the benefit of the doubt; maybe they were just looking for a place to lay their head for the night. He slunk behind them, reasoning that he would help them the second he learned they were not going to attack him if he tried. The figure made their way to his chapel, where they hopped off their horse and tried to open the door. To Kay'zha's surprise, the place was locked. Had he accidentally locked it when he'd gone? He reached under his robes, to an interior pocket where the key rested, but he soon learned that was entirely unnecessary. This figure--this woman--she was a witch, and with one short word she had the doors to his chapel flying open.

Kay'zha stood, dumbfounded, for only a moment before heading in after her. It'd been a while since he'd seen a witch; they often avoided his line of work entirely. Once inside, Kay'zha cleared his throat so as not to alarm the traveler. "Salutations," he said in a quiet, tired voice. "Are you seeking guidance at this hour, wanderer? Here, allow me to invite you to the altar."

The priest made his way to the back of the church and shuffled around some ornaments on the altar. Using a candle that was always lit, the candle that probably attracted the mage in the first place, Kay'zha lit several others. The altar, sufficiently lit, was now clearly visible. Papers and tomes were scattered atop its surface, and odd-looking trinkets decorated the surrounding area. Kay'zha stepped out from behind the altar, motioning for the stranger to follow him, and only then did he realize how he might have looked.

The rain had sufficiently dampened his clothes, but it couldn't remove the array of stains in the priest's robes. The browns and blacks were normal--dirt and mud and soot--but a curious red spilled from the collar of his robe down to his chest and dripped in large droplets to the very bottom. Noticing this, Kay'zha stepped back behind the altar. The priest himself had tanned skin, darker than any of the townsfolk, though it was unclear whether he had been born with such a hue or whether he spent much time outside. His golden hair was tied back in a messy braid which he threw over his back. Dark brown eyes suggested they belonged to a wizened old man, despite being on a twenty-seven-year-old's face. Kay'zha knew he looked threatening, so he kept his distance from this girl and spoke slowly and gently so as not to scare her.

"My name is Kay'zha," he introduced. "I am the priest of this town, Devaduta. This chapel can provide you sanctuary, should you need it. I am terribly sorry to appear like this, but like you, I just came from quite the downpour." He turned to the stained glass in the chapel, hanging on the wall opposite the altar. "You are free to stay here as long as you like. The storm should be lighting up soon, I'd think." He turned his attention back to her. "How may I guide you?"
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

With her water logged hood, she hadn't heard the cleric clearing his throat, but the voice suddenly calling out behind her sent her heart racing. Her panic was clear in her actions, spinning about and into a fighting stance for but a moment. Some priest was there, or so she thought from the way he was dressed. The hood kept her from seeing much more than that. She wasn't face to face with some law keeper, about to take her to the local prison for breaking into the church. The girl was relieved. Was it really a relief? Not really. The witch stood and straightened herself out as best she could, the water dripping onto the floor along with the mud she'd tracked in. The relief was short lived, soon he was beckoning her to the altar. Oh wonderful.

Exhausted and uncomfortably wet, the young woman approached the altar. Her wet and muddy boots squelching beneath her feet audibly. She was silent, watching the priest go about his usual preparations. He was just as soaked as she was. What was a man like this doing out in the rain? Not that she had any sort of right to ask. She'd essentially broken into his church and had been soaking the floor with her own drenched clothing. As he stood before her and introduced himself, the witch sighed softly, rubbing the back of her head.

"You have my apologies, father Kay'zha. I am not here for guidance. I was simply trying to find shelter from the storm. The people here seem to keep their buildings dark at this time of night. It's so foggy I couldn't see and I've been riding in this nearly the whole day," A sneeze broke her from her train of thought. A strong enough one that she was left with goosebumps all over her arms and back. A hand moved and gestured towards the candles in front of them as the other pinched the bridge of her nose . "The light from your alter, it seems, drew me here. If I could stay the night... In the morning, you could point me to one of the local inns. I would be ever so grateful. I am in need of cart repairs. It'll probably keep me here for at least a few days. I'd hate to take shelter for that long when there are others that need it far more than I. "

Feeling the water drip down her back, the girl hissed a few curses in a foreign tongue and struggled with her hood. Soon the lovely little thing was revealed, her thick, nearly black hair sticking to her pale, nearly translucent skin. The roundness of her face was contrasted by the intensity of her strange, golden eyes. Her plush lips were pursed in a pout. It was pitiful. She looked like a drowned rat. "Perhaps a spare robe as well? My supplies are soaked through thanks to a few no good bandits." As she finished her request, she bowed softly to Kay'zha. Despite her disagreements with the practitioners of this faith, or any other, she was not one to be rude to a host and challenge them. Especially when she'd been caught in such a situation.

With her hood removed, she could see clearly now. This priest, his had a striking presence. It wasn't... terrible however. Most were old men or dull middle aged ones, but he wasn't. Far from anything she was use to seeing. Those eyes were tired, yet there was more to them. She was pulled away from her observations as her boot squish under her foot once again, grimacing in disgust at the sensation. Turning to look behind her, she was acutely aware of what she'd done. The mess. The MESS! Oh gods she would have to deal with that in the morning. Her face flushed vibrantly as she turned back to the preacher.

"Ah, I can clean that... and fix the door. My deepest apologies. I should introduce myself." She stopped to pull her hair back and out of her face, tying it in a simple knot before drying her hand and offering it out to him. A weak smile graced her face. She was still so flustered from the whole encounter. "Call me Saoirse, thank you for your hospitality this evening, Father Kay'zha."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kay'zha was acutely aware of the way large droplets of rain puddled on the floor around this stranger. She'd tracked in mud and leaves and all sorts of things to render the priest's cleaning attempt from just a few days ago pointless. He'd brought in some of the storm with him too, but this wanderer, he guessed she'd been out for a long while, bringing with her all sorts of things from wherever she'd come from. She wasn't from Devaduta, and she certainly wasn't from Devaduta's only connection to the outside world, the Eastern City, a few days away by horse. She was from a foreign land. What, he wondered, brought her to such a quaint town?

He listened to her talk, trying and failing to place her accent. As she pulled back her hood and introduced herself, Kay'zha realized he couldn't even place her age. Tragically bad at assuming things about other people, he decided to go along with whatever this was. If this witch were just looking for a place to stay, he could grant her that. He took her hand in his and gave it a stern shake. "Just Kay'zha," he corrected. "Father Kay'zha makes me sound like something I am not." He stepped away from her, once again hiding himself behind his altar. He turned his attention towards the sanctuary. "I can start tea for you," he offered. "And I can gather some cloths. The priests before me left far more robes than I could wear alone." He looked at her, judging her size. She were maybe just bigger than him... "Yes, feel free to leave yours on the pews for now." Before he left, he began removing his own robes. A foreigner, Kay'zha often forgot the customs of this land, the taboo that came with human bodies, and as such he forgot to shield his own. Throwing his dripping robe over his shoulder, Kay'zha stood before her with only his loincloth covering his waist and upper thighs. His thin, almost emaciated body was the same bronzed color as his visible skin, a trait from birth. From underneath his loincloth, bandages poked out, obviously wrapped very tightly around his hip. Poking out from those was a curious black mark, a tattoo of sorts. Unaware of what the wanderer might think of him, he bowed lightly to her. "Do excuse me," he said, and he slunk away into the small back room.

Kay'zha did not need light to move around the small room he called home, but he was aware of the woman's presence in his chapel, and how she might follow him. Wanting transparency, Kay'zha lit a candle and set it atop a small bookshelf in the sanctuary. On it were several things other than books; carved wood sculptures, decks of cards, dying plants, and discarded scrolls rested between various leather-bound titles in a tongue not native to here. A few books were in the land's language, though they looked less worn than others. Turning away from the bookshelf, the priest turned his attention to a small fireplace. He lit the fire and prepared water for tea. Then, Kay'zha walked to a small wooden closet already open and picked out two of the robes from within. He mentally measured one, wondering if it would be a good fit for the woman in his church. It was clean, stainless, like most of the robes he had not yet touched. Tossing the old one to the floor, Kay'zha put on a fresh one and returned to the main room of the church.

He looked over Saoirse again, judging her frame, before handing her the dark robe. "Forgive me if it might not suit you," he mumbled. His eyes traced over the muddied floor and he sighed. Urging his eyes back to those of his guest, Kay'zha noted how pretty she was. Her eyes had their own charm, and her skin... Had he been born with skin so pale, he wondered how many issues could have been avoided. "You might be surprised to know the owner of the inn in this town is a woman by the name of Rose. She took over the business after her husband passed away, and she is the most ambitious woman I know. Perhaps that would make you more comfortable staying there. Devaduta does not see many travelers. We are only connected to the Eastern City, and few people stop here for extended periods of time. Is that from where you come?"

Suddenly, as Kay'zha watched the woman take the robe and stand still with it, he realized his prior mistake. She'd want privacy, just like he should have when he changed. Awkwardly looking away, he mumbled something about checking on the tea, and that they would continue this conversation when he got back. He returned in a few minutes with two cups of steaming liquid, and he handed one to her. "I fetched the herbs myself," he explained. "I will not be offended if it is not to your liking. Ah, where were we?"
    Last edited by Ashen; 01-04-2019 at 09:46 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The surprising hospitality the priest offered and his calm tone were a luxury the girl didn't often have. Smiling softly, she nodded and apologized for the 'insult'. It wasn't often that a priest wished to be called anything other than father, or at least in her experience. This land was strange, but not in an awful way. As he mentioned tea and fresh clothes, the girl was nearly in shock. Really? Such a kind man this Kay'zha was. She bowed softly to him, her hands holding the heavy fabric of her skirt tightly in her hands.

"You have my thanks. I really appreciate this. I'll make sure to lea-" She cut herself off, hearing the rustling of fabric and more water dripping on the floor. For only a moment she had looked away, and yet, there he was. The priest practically naked, his lean form on display before her in the most wonderful of ways. He was practically glistening in the dim candlelight. The rain had obviously soaked him as well. Oh gods be damned. Her cheeks felt red hot and her heart racing as she gawked for a moment. What a body, what a presence. He was a blessed treat for her weary eyes . Tracing the line of his figure, the woman found it hard not to simply stare.

The woman nearly whimpered as he mentioned for her to leave her own clothes there and excused himself. This really was a strange situation, watching a barely clothed holy man slink off into the darkness. his robes slung over his back and a candlestick in his hand. Any apprehension she felt was completely forgotten as she watched him walk off a little too intensely. It was hard to focus on what was going on when he... No! Shame on her for thinking like this about anything of the sort! Shaking her head vigorously, Saoirse tried to regain some form of composure.

She regained herself, confused and alone, she looked about the chapel. She was alone? Was she suppose to follow? The sway in his step had distracted her so much that she'd simply stood there like some sort fool. Well, this would certainly be an interesting way to end her miserable day. He seemed to take a fair bit of time, so she busied herself with unwrapping her thick cloak, setting the drenched pieces to the side. She would need to change quickly, the chill was setting in terribly fast. Soon she was left there in her tunic, an underskirt and her corset, the strange jewelry she wore still upon her hand.

Soon the Priest re-emerged from the darkness, unfortunately in full dress. The robes in his hand looked to be in fantastic shape. Were they new? What a charity. The girl was humbled by this, thanking him softly as she took what he offered. She would look after them as best she could. Acutely aware of his eyes drifting to the floor, then to her, Saoirse soon found herself under his scrutiny. Her eyes still wide as she simply held the robes a little away from herself. Did he expect her to undress before him? She listened as he spoke of the locals, quite distracted and obviously so. He seemed to take the hint eventually and briskly went to attend to their 'tea'.

She was shaking from the cold by this point, eagerly stripping herself to the point she'd nearly fallen over the pew in front of her as she threw her heavy skirt aside. Cursing to herself as she struggled out of her water logged shift, soon she was standing there for anyone to see. Bare as the day she was born. Looking over the robes, she rushed to cover herself. They restricted her only a tad bit, the belt helping keep it above the floor so that she didn't trip. Tying it like a girdle gave her at least the tiniest bit of a figure. She felt... rather under-dressed. But, at least it was a warm and dry. Collecting her many pieces and parts, the girl set them beside her, waiting patiently.

He didn't keep the little witch waiting long. Kay'zha soon returned with the piping hot tea he'd gone off to retrieve. She could have wept with how enticing it looked. The rich herbal smelt hit her nose and warmed her cold and achy bones. She took her cup and inhaled deeply, exhaling in a deep, relaxed sigh. His comment caught her ear as she reclined into the pew. He was nervous she wouldn't find it to taste? A soft chuckle escaped her.

"Pardon me, but I'm sure It'll be the best cup I've had in a long time. Your charity is remarkable. You have my thanks, Kay'zha. You're a very generous priest." Replied the young with with a soft voice, feeling the strain of the weather on her throat. Carefully, she sat herself back down. Her legs crossed as she tasted the offering she'd been given. It was definitely strong and herbal, but not as offensive as she had thought it'd be. She sighed once again, closing her eyes and reveling in the warmth that traveled down her throat. She was quiet for a moment, unaware of the world around her as she savored it's warmth. She was aware of his eyes upon her again however, looking up at her gracious host as he remarked about continuing their conversation.

"If you don't mind my probing, Devaduta? Is that the name of this place? I've never been through here before. I was heading north from the Southern Islands. I was finishing some, ah, business there. Unfortunately, I found myself lost in the roads, running from bandits.. I've seemingly lost my way. Perhaps in the morning it'll become clear on my maps. If they haven't been destroyed by this storm." Her last words dripped with frustration. "I'm sorry. I should be thankful I arrived here alive. And for what you've given. I'll do my best to leave what I can for your kindness.
    Last edited by EerieWillows; 12-27-2018 at 05:43 AM.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The old priest kept his eyes on this stranger, but he made a conscious effort not to stare. Now, in a pastor's cloths, with her belt tied so slightly, Kay'zha could trace a womanly figure. There was a charm about this woman, even in his clothes, with her drenched and sticky hair, her dripping skin, her shaking form. Even in the way she sat down with her tea, the way she crossed her legs and eagerly drank from the cup... She was different from the women around here, the women who were ever cautious of how they appeared to others, to men. This witch, this Saoirse, she looked entirely unflattering at that moment, and yet, she didn't seem all that bothered. Kay'zha felt that that only added to her beauty. He looked at her for only a moment longer, instead seeing another woman, one he had been apart from for many years.

He only bowed lightly at her compliments, not liking the attention he was suddenly getting. "I am a priest," he muttered by way of explanation. He believed it his duty to offer refuge to any and all who needed it. He was just glad she seemed to like his tea. Kay'zha took a seat beside her, keeping his distance so as not to alarm her. As she spoke, he tried again to place her accent. "Aye," he responded when she'd finished speaking. "Devaduta is home to few, though we see some passersby because of this very church. The Southern Islands... are far, are they not?" In truth, Kay'zha didn't know where such islands were. He knew there was an ocean far beyond the mountains; had she come from all the way down there? "Have the bandits followed you? I can fetch a guard if it would make you feel more comfortable. You are safe here."

Kay'zha took long sips of his tea, enjoying the hot liquid seeping down his throat. He hadn't realized how cold he was until he felt this warmth. "You need not thank me," he mumbled between two long swigs. Kay'zha put his cup down and reached for his hair. The braid was drenched, so he began removing the strands, unwinding his hair until it fell in waves. He wrung it out, watching as more droplets fell to the floor. "So excuse me," he said, motioning towards his locks. "I'm sure you know how absorbent long hair can be." When his hair was as dry as it would get, he began braiding it again. It was tangled and, in many places, even dead, but it still had an attractive sort of shine to it. He tied it off with a band from around his wrist. "How convenient it would be had we an invention for drying hair more quickly, mm?"

He returned to his tea and looked over Saorise again. "You are welcome to stay here for as long as you wish," he told her. "I live here alone, back in the sanctuary." He motioned towards it with his chin. "It is a quaint little place. If you would prefer more privacy, I have no issue sleeping out on the pews." Kay'zha wondered if he would sleep at all. He was tired, and his headache had calmed down some, but the rain was still so loud. "At sunrise I will have to start services, should anyone come in. Daily service is in the evening, right before supper. I would welcome you to join us, but I am told your kind doesn't take a liking to religious affairs." He shrugged his shoulders and finished his tea. "In truth, neither do I."

Kay'zha set his cup aside and stood again. He thought of cleaning the floors again, but he figured he would wait until Saoirse was away from the main area. He noticed she was shaking, and Kay'zha cursed himself for not noticing before. "Oh, excuse me," he murmured, and he touched his fingers to her forehead. His touch was gentle though his hands were coarse. He mumbled something under his breath, and suddenly Saorise would feel a light energy course through her, warming her. Kay'zha stepped away from her. "Albia watches over you, regardless of your beliefs or abilities." He motioned towards the sanctuary. "It is rather late. If you have come from so far, perhaps you should get some rest. We can discuss details on the morrow. I think I will be up for a minute yet."
    Last edited by Ashen; 01-06-2019 at 11:41 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The priest taking the time to sit next to her and talk quite politely was.. foreign to her. He wasn't trying to convert her, yet he was still offering all the services he could. He was kind and courteous, giving her some space and watching her with not so.. indecent eyes. She shifted slightly and continued to sip at her tea. Oh she had never been so thankful for something. It was just the right warmth to take the bitter cold out of her. He seemed quite comfortable talking with her. Wonderful, considering her previous run ins with his sort. There had to be more to him than the guise of a simple man of faith.

"Ah... yes they are, but I was only visiting there myself. " Remarked the girl. "It's been a long time traveling, that's for sure. Don't worry yourself about the bandits either. I've taken care of them enough that they don't know where I was heading. Thank you though... for your considerate thought." Remarked the girl, swirling the last of her tea before finishing it. How lovely it was to have something in her painfully empty stomach. She was quite distracted, but looked over in time to see him let down his hair and wring it out. Her face was flushed yet again.

Really, such a strange priest he seemed to be. Saoirse found herself looking him over a tad more than she'd intended to. He was quite gaunt, some would call him intimidating. As far as she was concerned it was quite the opposite. There was a strange warmth to him. Maybe that was simply because of his actions. Regardless, His warmer skin and light hair were... rather dashing. In need of a bit of attention, but somehow still maintaining at least a little luster. Stopping herself before her mind could wander any longer, she laughed softly at his comment about a device to dry hair. What a strange man.

"Maybe one day we'll have something up to the task, but for now, a sheet of cloth seems to at least speed the process. Or that's what I've found. Especially a thick wool that's been dried by a fire." Remarked the young witch, resting her chin in her palm as she gave him a sweet smile. As he spoke of his living situation, the girl nodded, leaning back into the pew and trying to keep herself from showing just how cold she was. There wasn't much warmth to a church. When he offered the privacy of his little home, the girl was quite shocked.

"I wouldn't dream of taking your bed... A simple blanket will do for me. I'll do my best to clear out of the church before daybreak. Ah... after I clean up the messes I've made. I'll stay at the inn. Though I really do appreciate the offer... Kay'zha." His name rolled off her tongue quite pleasantly. She was about to remark about his 'dislike' of his own sermons, but a hand to her forehead caught her off guard. A small gasp passed her lips as the girl stared strait forward with wide eyes. The calloused fingertips earned a nervous gulp from her. Some part of her seemed shaken until the warmth seemed to rush through her.

"T-thank you... F... Ah.. s-sir." Remarked the young witch, her hands in her lap as her gaze wandered towards the altar before them. "Y-yes... I suppose so. I'll stay here in the pews. I'll make sure to put a few coins into the coffers tomorrow for your gracious hospitality. Sorry about the trouble." Now that she'd calmed herself just a bit more, she managed to stand up, adjusting her robes to be a tad longer on her. Covering her feet would be of importance if she wished to keep warm in this chapel.

Bidding her host goodnight, the girl settled her clothing over the pews, doing her best to dry them. She would need to be careful and not sleep too long. Watching the priest retire to his sanctuary, she laid herself out, using the smallest bit of magic to dry her cloak and roll it to be a pillow. It wasn't hard to get settled, having slept of far less pleasant places. Little Saoirse was curled up in the farthest pew, her soft breath ringing through the stone walls.

Thankfully, this night she had no terrible dreams to speak of, only darkness. An all consuming darkness that seemed to vanish all too suddenly with the crow of a rooster. Shooting up from her spot on the pew, Saoirse looked around in near-terror. Where was she? what in the world was going on? Oh... Oh Yes. The memories of the night before came to her. She'd broken in, and the preacher had been kind enough to let her stay. Groaning softly, the little witch ran her hands back through her hair. How could she face anyone after doing such a stupid thing. She would repair what she'd broken and clean up a bit to show her gratitude.

Looking about, there was not a soul to be seen. Good... She could change out of the robes if her clothes were dried. A quick glance assured her she'd be fine to do so. With her clothing properly in place, the lingering chill in the air no longer able to reach her in her many layers. Now... She had to find something to clean with. Hopefully the father was willing to point her in the direction of the inn after she fixed the door. He seemed like he would be courteous enough to do so.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kay'zha noted the way the little witch responded to him. She seemed very shocked at all he was doing. True, he had been told he was more generous than other priests, but had she really never been shown any level of kindness? It startled and saddened the man, but he knew there was little he could do beyond try to undo whatever cruelties had been done to this woman. At least for now, he could ensure she would truly be safe that night.

The priest started for his sanctuary, and behind him he heard Saoirse settle into a spot on one of the pews. He'd had no problems offering his bed, but somehow he knew the girl would not be taking it that night, so he did not bother to protest. He glanced over his shoulder at her, the wet little woman who'd stumbled into his chapel. There was something about her. Kay'zha saw it in her hair, in the way it curled into a frame for her rounded cheeks. He turned away, shaking his head. This girl was entirely different.

He sat on his small, lumpy bed in his sanctuary and looked around. What was he supposed to do now? With her sleeping in the pews, he would have a hard time cleaning without waking her. He'd wait until she was in a deeper sleep to try, perhaps, but for now... He thought back to what she'd said. On the run from bandits, all the way from the Southern Islands. He looked to the window, at the rain still raging outside. She had come in on a horse, hadn't she? Getting an idea, Kay'zha ripped a piece of one of his blank scrolls and began to write a note on it. He stashed it in an inner pocket of his robe and quietly padded through the church to the outside, once again drenching himself.

The horse was not hard to find. Kay'zha approached it warily, aware of his bad track record with animals. She had tied her horse under a wooden roof that was mostly keeping it dry. The priest cooed at it, and when the horse noticed him, he made sure to stay within its line of sight. "Hey, good horse," he muttered, though he felt ridiculous for talking to an animal. The horse didn't seem interested in him, so Kay'zha grabbed for its reigns. "Come on now," he said, pulling at the horse's ropes, but that just seemed to aggravate the beast. Kay'zha was cautious of the horse's hooves and mouth, steering clear of any stomping or biting. He'd been hoping for a pleasant horse, a compliant one, but of course the witch had a gigantic stubborn mule. Rolling his eyes, Kay'zha let go of the reigns and wandered into town, leaving Saorise and her horse to the church.

He returned a few minutes later with some apples and offered them to the horse. After too much coaxing and too many apples, finally the priest was able to move the horse to the stables of the town rancher. He left a note on the stable door explaining that the horse would not be there long, and that this was a favor for Kay'zha. The priest hoped that would be enough to allow the rancher to keep the moody steed for a while. With the horse out of the rain, Kay'zha headed back to the church, satisfied that he'd helped prevent sickness that might cripple Saorise's beloved animal.

By the time he returned, he was sure Saorise was asleep, so he busied himself with taking a rag to the floors of the church. He did a simple job, not wanting to wake the woman, and he promised himself he would finish the task later. With that done, he returned to his sanctuary and removed the blanket from his bed. He draped it over Saorise, hoping it would offer her just a bit more warmth. He went back to his sanctuary and tried to sleep, but saw little success. Exhausted and annoyed, Kay'zha sat up and instead plucked a book off his shelf. If nothing else, he could get some reading done before he hopefully dozed off.

The cock's crow came all too early, and Kay'zha sleepily looked up from his book when he heard it. He hadn't gotten a wink of sleep, but at least the rain had stopped. He'd be able to steal a nap at some point that day, assuming no one needed him. Getting up, he made his way to the front of the church, where he found Saorise just waking. She was looking around; was she seeking him? Kay'zha prepared to make a sound when he stopped himself. She... was stripping. He stared for a moment, tracing the curves of her body with his eyes. She had a fuller figure than he'd noticed before, an ample chest, a rounded bottom. The priest had to remind himself that she'd be greatly offended if she found him staring, so he looked away to offer her a now pointless privacy.

After a few moments, Kay'zha walked out of his sanctuary. "Good morning," he greeted with a gentle bow. "I hope you don't mind, but I took your horse to the stables this morning. I thought it would be drier there. You've a great beast, but I suppose that's fitting for the size of your cart." He walked to her, keeping his distance. "I hope you slept well. If you'd like, I can lead you to the inn. Rose will be glad to prepare a light breakfast for us. Traveling tends to bring about hunger, and I cannot imagine the appetite you might have acquired on your journey."

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The girl nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of his voice, the suprise clear as day in the way she rigidly stood still. Like a deer in the sight of a predator, the girl simply stared before the man bowed to her, sighing and looking down with a tinge of shame. She squeaked out her own morning greeting as her eyes fell to the floor. The mud, it was gone? Oh goodness he'd cleaned it himself? Oh how rude of her to have not stayed up to help. Saoirse had nearly forgotten her great beast, taking a deep breath to relax herself before bowing to him in return.

"You have my thanks.. I hope Rune wasn't too heady with you. He can be quite the opinionated horse. A stubborn old boy. But he's a good steed." Saoirse remarked, chuckling softly and giving the priest the gift of a cute smile, rustling her bouncy waves to loosen their tangled mess. "To be honest I believe he's more guard dog than draft. How did you get him to follow? Usually he'd snap at people if I'm not there. I'm quite impressed you got him to co-operate at all. " She did speak the truth. The steed had been with her through so much. He hardly listened to her when it didn't suit their best interests. Perhaps he realized what the priest was doing and behaved accordingly.

Looking back towards the pew where she'd slept, her eyes caught the sight of the blanket. She seemed to think for a moment, barely hearing what he was speaking. He looked tired... Moreso than the night before. Had he not slept? Had she taken his only blanket? Goodness she would feel terrible if that was the case. As he suggested a trip to the inn, she bit her lip and nodded. To refuse him would be rude.. but she couldn't let him overwork himself. Not for the kindness she'd been given. To most they would be small gestures, but when you had nothing, it was much more than that. SHe had hoped to make it to the Eastern port and off the mainland before winter had a chance to set in, but a day or so in this town wouldn't stop those plans.

"That... sounds wonderful. Ah, but afterwards, please. Allow me to fix the door and clean the floors. Perhaps there's other chores needing to be done as well? I can take care of them. It seems as if you haven't slept... I'd feel terrible taking your hospitality and not returning it however I could.. Especially if you've also taken care of Rune..." Questioned the girl, carefully folding the blanket and presenting it back to him. "Perhaps some tough washing? Difficult dusting? Tedious tasks that you'd rather not bother yourself with? Please, it would be my pleasure to help however I can. F... Kay'zha." It would take a bit before she was use to calling the man by his first name instead of the term most preferred.

Her questioning was stopped by her stomach however, a fearsome rumble and cramp that left her hunched over for a moment. She regained composure however and laughed in embarassment. He couldn't have been more right with how hungry she was. She hadn't eaten in a few days. It was hard to start a fire in the pouring rain, and she'd run out of smoked meat a while back. The grains she had were given to her horse, as his strength was needed, not hers. Perhaps it'd be wise to have a spot of breakfast.

"B-but a meal first... Y-yes... To the inn. Ah... If you'd please lead. I just need to grab my bag from my cart as we go." Her tone was nothing short of adorable, the flustered expression only served to add to that. She was doing her best to hide the discomfort, but failed utterly in doing so. Despite that, she maintained a pep in her step. Opening the door and taking time to investigate the lock. Really, the metal seemed fine, the door just needed a good scrub to get rid of the soot. Giving the other a nervous smile, she cleared her throat, nodding to him as she rushed to her cart.

For one so small, she easily lifted herself over the back of the cart and began searching inside. Much was ruined, it'd take to to replace what she could, but perhaps she could make a bit of coin in this town. Gathering her most important things into a ratty old pack, she rushed to meet Kayzha. Caution would be the girl's greatest lesson, as one foot in the mud left her falling forward, barely catching herself upon the stone wall of the church with a yelp. She found the other's eyes on her again, her own wide as she tried to laugh off her clumsy actions once again.

"I'm fine, Shall we?" Remarked the girl, taking a moment to make her way over to the preacher and accompany him on his journey towards the inn. She did her best to learn the way. If he needed her to do running about or if she felt like exploring, she could find her way back. It was fairly misty, but the sun did peek it's beautiful face out, the girl relished in the warmth. It'd been so long in the rain she'd nearly forgotten how warm she could be in the morning. Smile beaming as she followed, she did her best to quietly greet those they passed, ignoring the strange looks they gave her. She was accustom to such things, this was far from her first time in a foreign town. Besides, there was one thing and one thing only on her mind. Food.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

This girl was so curious. Kay'zha watched her bumble about as if she were ashamed or worried of something. Was she upset he'd stayed up all night? He shook his head, and to her questions about her horse he offered a simple explanation, asking for her forgiveness for feeding him so many snacks, but it was the only way he could get him to move. Guard dog or mule, that horse had a great distaste for him especially, or at least that was the sense Kay'zha got. Such a small girl with such a big beast... He figured, if he were in the girl's place, he would also want a huge animal to keep watch during the nights.

She practically begged him for some banal chores to do, and Kay'zha couldn't help the soft chuckle that escaped from him. "Don't worry yourself," he assured. "We can worry about what's left to do after we find a warm meal." The priest looked over his church again, and seeing nothing that needed immediate attention, he started off towards the inn, Saoirse in tow.

They were on the road for a couple minutes before this klutz of a woman once again made a mess of herself. Kay'zha was by her side in seconds, oddly lithe for his frame, and he prepared to catch her, but that proved unnecessary. The girl steadied herself and laughed it off. Kay'zha muttered something about being cautious of the mud and continued to the inn.

The road there was short. Kay'zha and Saoirse left the church and headed west, away from a small lake and waterfall that had been hidden to the darkness the night before. They passed several small houses lined up against a steep cliff that overlooked the northern side of the city. A few shops were scattered about the houses, though they were mostly still closed. Past the houses was a large, mansion-like building. Kay'zha motioned towards it and stopped in front of it. "This is Rose's," he explained. "Besides our waterfall and our stained glass in the church, this is the prettiest Devaduta has to offer."

The two slipped inside the building and were instantly greeted by the smell of simmering meat, a gentle woodwind tune, and the ever-loud voice of a large woman. "Kay'zha!" she said brightly. "You brought a lady friend!" The woman, the obvious proprietress, moved from her spot behind a long counter and rushed over. Her bronze locks fell freely over her already dirtied face. She had a rounded form, seemingly bigger under her many ruffles and frills. She spoke unashamedly with the accent of the town, the uneducated dialect that had her dropping the endings of her words and extending her vowels. Her warm green eyes looked over Saoirse before offering an enthusiastic hand. "I've never seen Kay with a lady friend before," she whispered to her behind a cupped hand. "Hello, welcome to Devaduta, the name's Rose and I'm the owner of this humble place."

Kay'zha tried not to roll his eyes. "I brought her here to get a warm meal," he explained. "She has been traveling--"

"I'll whip her up a hearty stew," Rose interrupted, already turning back to her counter. "The girl likes her meat, I can tell. Take some notes from her, would you, Kay'zha?"

And just like that Rose was disappeared into a back room. The clattering of metals could be heard every few moments, and Rose started to hum an old tune as she whipped up their food. Kay'zha sighed and took a seat at the counter and gestured for Saoirse to do the same. As he did, he was painfully aware of the eyes of the locals on him, on this new friend he suddenly had. He cast her an apologetic glance, wondering what she would think of the well-meaning townsfolk.

Rose returned just a few minutes later with a pair of bowls of steaming liquid. "Mystery recipe, you will love it," she said, placing one in front of Saorise. She placed the other in front of Kay'zha, though he immediately protested.

"Ah, Rose, you know I do not eat meat--"

"You need to," she said, rolling her eyes. "I held the meat for you. Please eat, Kay'zha. You and your lady deserve a nice meal together."

The priest pouted ever so slightly. "She is not my lady," he muttered under his breath. He waited for Rose to hand him a spoon, and reluctantly, Kay'zha brought the brown liquid to his mouth. "Thank you," he mumbled.

But Rose wasn't paying attention to him. Her eyes were on the lady in the room. "Is it to your liking?" she was asking before Saorise had even taken her first spoonful. I can add spices or more meat if you wish. Oh me, I forgot the bread--do you want bread? You can't have a good stew without bread." A bit of a scatterbrain, this motherly woman only wanted to make sure her guest was satisfied. The wide smile never ran from her face as she waited on the two, and even as her attention was pulled by someone across the floor, she always seemed ready and willing to lend her aid.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast