Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: {M} Amor Omnia Vincit [Ashen and EerieWillows]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Mature, Smutty, Scifi, World building, Race Building, and many more
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

With how much he was fighting things, Saoirse couldn’t help but wonder just how the hell he got by day to day if a quick walk had resulted in being bloodied up. And how he got by without any medical supplies would have been an even greater mystery. Well, had he not gone about healing his wound with what seemed to be relative ease. He practice d magic in this sort of way? Wow, It wasn’t often she witnessed such incredible things. Most church magic was simply smoke and mirrors or potions that helped with healing, but this was nothing short of a minor miracle!

Suddenly the witch was all to aware that her fussing had been nothing but obnoxious, her hands clenched together in front of her as he showed that he truly was fine. Oh no, She’d gone too far. But who could blame her? He’d come back from a supposedly brief errand like that! About to reply to him, she was suddenly cut off by his rather risque suggestion. Once again the girl was stunned, her eyes wide and jaw slack.

It was clear upon her face that she didn’t know how to answer, cheeks flushed. This really was a strange series of events. This town was strange, but not terribly so. Of course, All considerations for his offer were completely derailed as he changed nonchalantly. Oh, this man was going to give her a heart attack. Even as he excused himself, all she could do was try and collect her scattered bits.

Trying to regain herself, she cleared her throat and glanced to the door. Someone was out there. Good, time to think of how to reply to his offer. If it was only to get the soot off of her, she would have denied and just used water from a nearby trough. But... he had blood on him, and was a bit of a mess. Perhaps it was the only way to get him to do so. Settling herself down on a nearby stool, the girl went about dusting her skirt a tinge. Well.. there was no harm in a quick bath. Who knew, maybe it’d be a good way to relax after her last few weeks of tough travel.
    Right, She would agree to it.

As he entered and explained who the man was, Rune came to mind. She needed to replace the leathers on his cart. Maybe she’d stop by and visit the leather worker another day, when she’d earned a bit of cash. At his urging, the girl once again cleared her throat and turned that bubbly, sweet smile of her to him.

“A bath would be good for the both of us I think. No sense in me looking like anymore of a vagabond than I am I suppose. Please, lead the way. Can I help carry anything? I assure you despite my... footing not being the best, I can very much be of help.” Replied the girl, her sweet tone practically dripping honey as she moved towards the door. “Just... allow me to stop and get my nightshirt. I believe it’d be best to clean my clothes while we’re at it.”

She didn’t give him a chance to answer, rushing out to her cart and going through what she had. Flinging the canvas back, the girl let out a depressed sigh. Between the holes and the damage to the cart, it'd take a while to fix things to the point of being livable again. While it wasn’t in the best of shape, most of her important pieces were dry. A silver lining of sorts. Gathering a nightshirt and older, ratty skirt, the girl jumped out, nearly slipping once again. Thankfully, no one had seen, or so she hoped.

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Finally, things were starting to calm down. Kay'zha sighed lightly when Saoirse replied to him. So, they would be going to the lake after all. The priest had to admit, he needed the quick moments of relaxation it would afford. But, he wondered if the bubbly witch might make his relaxation a little less pleasant. He still didn't know much about where she was from, but he knew most people who had grown up where he hadn't seemed so self-conscious of their bodies. Was suggesting a bath too bold a move? Did Saoirse have the wrong idea in mind? And if anyone were to see them, the rumors, the incessant questions and badgering and--

Just like that Saoirse was gone. It was too late to take anything back, and besides, they both needed a rinse, at the very least. With the traveler retrieving her clothes, Kay'zha searched his sanctuary for the soaps he must have had... right? He too gathered a clump of robes and cloaks, figuring some soap and water would be good for his dirtied threads. Finally he found his soaps, simple bars that smelt of common flowers or spices. Hoping they would be to Saoirse's liking, he packed them and his clothes into a satchel and exited the chapel.

Kay'zha found Saoirse outside with her own pile of clothes. He greeted her with a small bow of his head. "It isn't far," he assured her, and he began to lead her out of town. Beyond the fence of Devaduta, Kay'zha turned left, following a worn dirt trail. They hadn't been walking for more than ten minutes when a wall of trees and ivy came into view. Pushing past that, Kay'zha revealed a lake just barely hidden from the path. The edges of the lake stretched towards the brushes and brambles surrounding a cliff to the north. Mosses blanketed the lake, but beneath them were various sparkling lights. Translucent fish wriggled under the surface, their scales like pearls. Far down shone shards of color, shells or corals or some sort, or discarded treasures from long ago. "I'm sure you can see why people call this place a goddess's grave," Kay'zha said as he placed his bag beside the water's edge. "We should be unbothered here."

He set the soaps out for her, offering to her whichever bar she liked best. Kay'zha then hesitated, unsure of Saoirse's comfort level. Could he just strip down now? He had before, hadn't he? He hadn't been thinking then, but now all he could do was think. What if she thought him some kind of predatory villain, driven only by a primal need to dominate? Deciding he was overthinking things, Kay'zha shook his head and slipped out of his robe. Again he revealed his emaciated form, the bumps of his ribs, the sharp points of his bones. Scars lined his skin, now far more visible in the sunlight. He was a mess of light pinks and whites, permanent marks from battles he would never talk about. Only hesitating a moment, Kay'zha removed his loincloth, revealing a set of bandages underneath. Unraveling those, finally, he stood bare, back turned to Saoirse. Even from that angle she'd be able to see the deep black ink along his hip, a tattoo of some word in some language she wouldn't be able to read. Suddenly aware of his brand, Kay'zha prayed she would not ask about it, and he dove into the lake.

The cool water felt calm on his heated skin, and Kay'zha relished in its comfort. He surfaced only moments after his dive, his hair spooling out around him like a mermaid's. His eyes met Saoirse's, questioning. Would she join him? Should he make elaborate efforts to prove to her he wasn't staring at her chest, her behind, her curves? Should he act normal? But what was normal with this girl? Frustrated at his warring thoughts, the priest sighed at himself and dove under again, convincing himself it was to better wash the blood out of his hair instead of to give Saoirse privacy if she might want it. Never had he felt so uncomfortable bathing before, and later he would laugh about it. Maybe this land's people had assimilated him after all.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123