Thread: Nostalgia

The Art Vandal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Default Nostalgia

So, I’m wide awake at 3am, fighting my old nemesis, Jet Lag.

So thought I’d do a little post.

The subject is Nostalgia.

Why?

Well, I rarely see my family, but I just arrived at my mom’s house about twelve hours ago. I left the US when I was nineteen, and have not looked back or lived here since. So coming back is always quite a surreal trip.

Nostalgia always seems to bite me a bit when I’m here though, in some way.

And tonight I can’t get TMNT out of my head. Saturday morning cartoons are one of the great memories I have about Oregon. It was always something to look forward to, and just wanted to share (seeing I can’t sleep).

Feel free to share any nostalgia you may have. I’d love to hear of it.
    Last edited by Leanna; 12-22-2018 at 12:13 PM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I bought the boxset of the original series! Every single episode. I brought it with me but I recently had to move out so it's packed away. If you want to be nostalgic/mind blown go find the movie Turtles Forever. It's like a crossover that really redefined the Turtles as a whole. I don't know if I can consider that nostalgia because I never stopped watching as I grew older and the series changed.

I'm hoping they make an Alvin and the Chipmunks boxset one day. For some reason, I grew up with old cartoons while being in an era where "Saturday morning cartoons" were scarce. Of course old school Simpsons (Who Shot Mr. Burns?) and Scooby Doo are sweet spots too. I don't know many people my age who knew Shaggy with a red shirt. Like I said before though, I don't know if these can be considered nostalgic. I never stopped watching any of these. I'm not as into it as when I was a kid, but I still watch at least a few episodes of the Simpsons each year.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Hahaha nice! Love it, Omac <3

I realised how much TMNT meant to me when I was studying in Ireland. I was under a ton of pressure towards the end, working mad hours just to complete my course. Architecture is really full on, and you can’t have much of a life while studying it. Anyway.

Randomly, I found myself easing my stress by playing old shows of TMNT in the background, while I worked on my projects. I used to love the show, and the old Super Nintendo video game. So every time I hear the theme, just brings so much joy.

And am I the only person who feels like crying when I hear this song?

Last edited by Leanna; 12-22-2018 at 12:41 PM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy