Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New Skies New Home [IC-M] ~REBOOTED~

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Golems? Magical engineering? None of those words made any sense to her and all the machinations were- for a loss of a better term- lost in translation. She nodded slowly at his explanation but her face was full of confusion.

"I-I guess that makes sense in a way...I understand that they are used to power things, but what they power is a bit lost on me I admit." Her cheeks flushed a bit pink and she gave a sheepish smile. When Nikkolai switched the subject to renaming the mineral Alaura seemed to lighten up from her brief embarrassment.

"Forgive me, my vocabulary is a but limited when it comes to unique names, but what about umm... "

"Lamp ray?...No what even is that? "

"Light stone?...Maybe... "

"Mana?...Sounds like a game."

"Energy piece?...."

None of the names she chose so far stood out to her. They either all sounded childish or just plain weird. "Sorry for such weird names...Do you think any may be usabl? "
    Spoiler: Signature 

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai suddenly looked... saddened. "Oh, right, you don't know what any of those things are." he paused for a moment and finally admitted "Yeah, I got nothing either. Light stone is the better out of them, I'd assume... OK, how about we just stick to power stones for now... we'll try to name it something else whenever we come up with another name." He suggested with a smile, he had a nice smile. It was a thoughtful, and fairly sweet smile. And honestly, it made his face seem like he wasn't quite void of emotion. Maybe he stayed calm for another reason... maybe.

Borris chuckled "Well, he has that affect on, like everyone, not just women in some cases." He said, as though totally accepting of the idea of men chasing his prince in such a way. When she mentioned how Nikkolai reacted to her speaking to him, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit more. "Yes, he's easy to please, but also eager to please everyone as well... He may not fight much, he'd rather people talk it out, which is one of the reasons he prefers to not fight. I suppose the term for a male of his stature and personality is... 'Gentle Giant'? That isn't quite right but it's the closest I can think of." He nodded as she went on to say that if anything happened to him Gretchen would be hurt, honestly it was the same the other way as well. "Honestly... there's another reason he doesn't fight... it has to do with his dragon form, unfortunately it's something I really shouldn't discuss." He said as a sort of way to say he wanted to tell but he couldn't.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Shin carefully stored the information Nikkolai safely away. He was looking for weaknesses in their 'leader', and he could tell this was important. He drank more water, and then took off his shirt. He waded into the pool, the water warm and comforting. He began to paddle, doing simple laps in the water. He dove, heading for the fish. He grabbed three fish, stashing them in his pockets. He came up, and walked out of the pool. Water streamed down his body, before dissappearing. He found more flint, and a rock with metallic flecks. He gathered sticks and grass, and made a little teepee. He lit a fire, and began to cook the fish, individually.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alaura frowned apologetically at her lame names and Nikkolai's abrupt sadness, but when he smiled her nervousness and trepidation seemed to melt away. She nodded as he suggested to rename the rocks later and decided to keep the conversation going, she still had quite a few more things to discuss.

"Power stones seem to be important, but not urgent. There are many things we need as a community if we are to survive, but right now I believe we need to focus on the things that will make everyday easier. If you haven't already found a head to lead the builders' team, then I would like to volunteer myself."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

So Nikkolai was afraid of hurting people with his powers. He either lacked control or maybe it was just that explosive. Nikkolai did seem to be a talker at heart. Always running around people mentally. Borris went onto discuss that Nikkolai’s dragon form was somewhat different but did not want to give details on the matter. She shrugged and then a silence fell over them. Borris was probably thinking about the issues on hand and she really had nothing more to say on any of the matters.

After finishing she stood up and brushed herself off. She looked to Borris and then looked away. This conversation was not for her she supposed. She made her way back into the caves, not really wanting to do anything with the other trainees. Why did she hate teaching so much?

As she made it back to the cave she made a sideways glance over to Shin. He seemed to have found more fished and was cooking. He was getting pretty good at that. Claria decided to slip into the water as she got in she knew that the water should have felt a certain way but she just felt warm. As she made her way in deep eventually she started to do laps. Maybe she should have said goodbye to Borris. Did she come off as rude? She did feel…weird. As she swam she eventually shifted to just floating onto her back. She kept her eyes closed and just wanted to think about herself.

She wanted to know who she was. She only felt comfortable with a blade. She did not enjoy doing anything other than proving herself. Building things meant little to her and she looked down on almost every man who was here. She had really only spoken with Shin, Nikkolai, and Borris on anything beyond needs so socially she was a disgrace. She did not feel like that was far off of how she felt about herself either. She could feel her body slowly spinning for some water movements or current but it was nothing she felt concerned about.

Here she felt like she was second best in terms of combat but that only accounted if Nikkolai was not in the equation. For some reason this bothered her. In fact both Borris and Nikkolai bothered her in multiple ways. Not in any logical ways though. It was like she just hated being below them. Was she…craving power? She felt a turbulence in her heart. As if she struck a nail. She could feel a desire to be wanted and envied. She could see herself looking down on the ones who knew nothing of the blade…that’s why she did not want to teach…she was being selfish. She never wanted anyone to be better than her. She couldn’t bring herself to pity or feel bad either. She felt a wall of antipathy. She knew she should feel bad about this…she was really beginning to hate herself.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Shin watched Claria out of the corner of his eyes. She was tense about something. But something else caught his eye. The rock he had used to strike the flint, the one he had used to make the fire, was glowing orange. He held his hand out to it, but felt the heat wafting off. "Interesting..." he said under his breath. He grabbed a stick, and with a blow from his flint, struck it in half. It stayed together at the end, but split apart at the top. Like a primitive set of tongs. He grabbed the rock using the stick, and looked at it in the light of the sun. It had stopped glowing, and reflected light off of it. He had noticed flecks of reflective things earlier in it, but had payed it no mind. Now, though, he was interested. A scent caught his nose. His eyes darted back to the fire, which had cooked the fish a bit more than he liked. Not burnt, but almost. "Shit." he grabbed the spit he had been cooking on, and set it on some clean leaves. "Hmm..." he got up, putting the rock in his pocket. It was still warm, but tolerable. He looked around for someone with a clay bowl. He traded a cooked fish for the bowl. He put the rock into the bowl, and placed the bowlin the fire. The rock glowed, until it was bright orange, but nothing else happened. "Hmm. Maybe more heat?" he asked himself. He placed more sticks on the fire, along with a larger log. He watched as the rock appeared to sweat yellow drops. It soon pooled around the rock, until the rock was about the size of a ping-pong ball, in maybe a tablespoon of liquid. "Very interesting."

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai smiled at Alaura "Ahh, the builders, I was actually heading that. And I do have a few ideas to start us off with. A drying rack for meats and hides, a type of heated pool for warmer baths than what the spring can provide, and a couple of storage structure types for holding various things, which can be adjusted to hold other things, as well." Well, it seemed he rambled when you got him onto a topic he knew about. "Oh, I'm sorry, what are your ideas, if you wish to share any? Tell you what, if you want to help me head the builders, you can be the co-head... how's that?" he suggested with a cheerful smile. His hand brushed hers accidentally. He didn't notice until he looked down and noted their hands were touching, he blushed and slowly took his hand back. "Sorry." he said in a sweet voice.

Borris watched Claria walk away and sighed, not even a good day, or anything, she just walked off. Oh well, he had other things to worry about. He turned back to the troops. "OK, troops, take the evening off, rest your developing muscles. Get something to eat, I'm sure we at least have berries and that Turken bird we caught yesterday for food. The turken should be enough with a handful of berries for everyone. Get some food and drink, and retire to your caves for the evening." A couple of the troops collapsed for a moment, seemingly exhausted. Others did as told and, sorely, ambled along to the cave. the collapsed followed after a moment or two.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alaura's eyes seemed to sparkle in fascination as Nikkolai spoke of the different things that needed to be built her. Her brain working a mile a minute to picture everything in it's entirety and functions, and coming up with more things herself. When the dark prince mentioned heading the building team with him, the brunette couldn't help but break into a wide grin.

"Yes! I would love to! It'll be great to work alongside such a brilliant mind, plus with knowledge of simple machinery from your home world everything should work out just fine." Her rather abrupt change of emotions seemed to make itself known not only on her face, but also on the antlers that stood out from the topmost sides of her head, glowing a very faint yellow int time to her heartbeats. Not seeming to notice Alaura continued.

"I already started making bowls and vases to help with water storage and other various things, I've also thought about a mortar and pestle for grinding up medicines, oh and some hunting tools, I highly doubt we will all have transformed into our dragon forms come winter, maybe some sort of water purification system- honestly the sky's the limit!" She didn't know why talking about building stuff made her so excited, but it did. Maybe that was a trait from her previous life? The qilin didn't ruminate long as she felt a sudden warmth on her hand, but as soon as she noticed it quickly dissipated. Looking at Nikkolai her smile softened and she scooted just a bit closer.

"No worries, I guess now would be a good time to bring it up. A certain little lizard told me you found someone you fancied." She purred every so lightly, the color of her antlers now glowing a soft pink.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai immediately became flustered as his face and the bridge of his nose turned scarlet. "I...I..." he stammered, by god he could be adorable. At long last he was beginning to show an emotion. Granted the emotion was flustered, but it was better than nothing at all. Finally, realizing he couldn't speak in any complete sentences right now, he pressed his fingers to her cheek, and pressed his lips to hers in a sweet, passionate kiss. "Yes... I.... I have..." he finally whispered. His dark eyes stared into hers, the dark vortexes that were so easy to lose onesself in, one could, if looking deeply enough, almost see a galaxy deep in the abyss of black. His eyes were a mysterious thing, the inner machinations of his mind, his past, and his eyes, he himself, everything about him was a mystery as vast as a galaxy, no, as space itself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Her purring- which was more of a low rumbling- became a little bit louder at Nikkolai's expression. Alaura had never really seen him express that much emotion- granted nobody really had- and now that she had seen it, she wanted to keep it all to herself. Damn you pretty eyes and your adorability, you will surely be the death of me. Her eyes widened slightly as he placed his fingers to her cheek, but the shock quickly dissipated and the brunette leaned into his touch. To say she wasn't expecting the kiss at this point would be a lie, but it didn't mean she didn't enjoy it any less. As they pulled away Alaura couldn't help but get lost in his deep eyes, she said they were pretty before, but now they were absolutely gorgeous and mesmerizing. "My prince...you truly are a beautiful creature, I'm so glad that you are mine." She closed her eyes and leaned in to place a kiss on his cheek. "And I yours." A kiss to his other cheek. "I've nothing else to talk to you about, but if you want to continue talking then I'm all ears." The qilin seemed to be hinting at something else, but if her prince wished to continue talking then she would.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast