Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223 LastLast

Thread: New Skies New Home [IC-M] ~REBOOTED~

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

When Shin looked at her and informed her he would help her make a Katana she looked confused. That term did not ring a bell to her but he knew how she fought and whatever he thought would work she would appreciate. Shin had the best weapon around and it only made sense that she would want something similar. When he asked her if she wanted a stone blade or on like the one he had she sort of wondered why she would ever pick something that was duller, weaker, and heavier…

Still he was asking her seriously and maybe some people like inferior goods. She nodded and said, “If possible I would prefer to have it made of the same material as your spear. It seems to work better than anything else I have seen other than our own claws.”

She actually had a few questions about their bodies but were unsure if now was really the best time to figure that out.

She put a hand over her heart and said, “Yes I want to make it with you.”
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

He nodded. When he noticed her confusion, he smiled. "A katana is a sword. I... do not know why the word katana comes to mind before sword. Maybe it has something to do with my past." He smiled. "Thank you. I take pride in my work, so hearing someone compliment it is a nice feeling." He watched the ship for another moment, then turned. "I must collect the metal for your katan- sword. Your sword. Would you like to accompany me? I need a large amount, and I cannot carry it all myself." He reached into a small basket at his hip. He pulled out a small piece of metal. It was blackened, though he rubbed it with the side of his hand, it shone. "This is what the metal looks like in its refined form." He reached down, and pulled out a dirty, heavy chunk of rock. It was mostly brown, though there was some veins of a shiny grey material running through it. "This is what it looks like on the ground. It should be somewhat common." he placed the refined piece in her hand. "How does that feel? This will be what primarily comprises your blade, though it will have a wooden handle wrapped with softened hide. Will that be good?"

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

After a time, the ship took off. Probably take off protocols that caused it to take some time.

When the ship was gone, Nikkolai looked at everyone and said loudly "Ok, we should probably get started on planting the seeds for sustainable food sources... Anyone here have any knowledge of agriculture?" Several people raised their hands, so Nikkolai selected (random NPC) to be the head farmer. All others who raised their hands would work under them. "Ok, get started with making as large a plot of land as you can in a two and a half day span. After that.. we will select the quickest growing crop that can be planted in almost any soil, I assume potatoes would be best. After those are planted and sufficiently cared for work on another plot to grow a larger crop if... something else, I assume people will get tired of potatoes after a time, yes?" He turned to the others "anyone who would like to learn how to farm, let the head farmer know, I'm sure they will find someone to teach you or teach you themselves." He stated so everyone could hear.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alaura watched in a bit of fascination as the ship took off. If only their little settlement had technology like that...but then again they wouldn't even know how to use it. She sighed a little in frustration and a little in longing. Were she and her clan mates ever going to get their memories back, or would they remain cursed to go along with this facade of being fully functional huma- er...beings? The brunette of course was thankful to even be alive, but the pinheaded were making it hard to appreciate it. Especially now since they had a child quota to meet. And with last night's revelation from her bonded there's no way that they will be able to even contribute to the numbers. 'For the good of the clan' didn't even sound like a valid excuse, but it was. Who's to even say all the females will lay, let alone conceive? Would she have to mate with another? But the qilin didn't want another, but was it even fair to ask Nikkolai for their own clutch? Was it fair to herself?

Come to think of it a lot of things hadn't been fair since the first time she opened her eyes and found herself in that cage. All Alaura has done up to this point was try to make things easier, make life easier. There was also the fact that a little less than half their population has awoken their dragon blood, and a handful still seemed to be mostly human- bearing not even a single feature of their dragon. That could cause complications in a matter of different things. They weren't ready. She vaguely heard Nikkolai give instruction for farming, but compared to her thoughts he had become background noise. The ship had long gone but the brunette stood still staring at where it had been.
    Spoiler: Signature 

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

She nodded when he mentioned that Katana was a sword. She was aware now that sometimes they would use words or phrases that did not really make sense and most people just through that it must have something to do from where they were from their past. She nodded understanding that at the minimum base level they would create something close to what she was expecting.

As he looked to her he asked if she would like to help him. “Of course I would help, it would not really be my blade if I was just gifted or handed it.” Shin proceeded to show what the material looked like after it was refined…once again it was not a word she was used to but she nodded all the same. Then he picked up a larger brownish stone and pointed out things that looked like veins within the rock that were grey. Those veins were what they were really looking for.

As he placed the stone into her hand he asked her if this would be good, she rolled it into her hand a bit and then nodded, “As long as it cuts and break less easily than rock I will be happy.” As she looked at Shin though she knew he would put everything into it considering it would be for her protection, Shin was not weak and fighting beasts was more his thing… Claria had discovered…she seemed to have more of a nack fighting her own kin over larger beasts. Though she still was not able to become a dragon which peeved her to no end.

As she felt the sun she started to collect the rocks. As she collected them though she noticed Alaura standing by herself seemingly spacing out. Alaura was a nice girl but she had a lot of pressure on her. Considering her and the prince were mingling she had a lot of expectations and even more jealous eyes. Everyone was settled and content but if this would last or not was the real question. Considering their numbers would the females need to keep spinning between men? Claria found herself wondering if relationships were the real right way to look at these things. As she thought about Shin with another woman she growled louder than she should have and blushed…

As she walked over to hand Shin her stones she glanced away still embarrassed by her outburst and said, “Hey…I have some things I want to ask Alaura…I promise to help with the making of the sword but…just give me some time…Okay?” As she looked around she felt herself acting like a fool and quickly gave him a small kiss on the cheek. “I’ll be back soon…”

As she marched her way over to Alaura she attempted to soften her face. She had resting B**ch face and now was not the time for it. As she made her way forward she attempted smiling and said, “Hey!” She realized she had not thought of what to say and just went with, “A Penny for your thoughts?”
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Blinking out of her stupor Alaura turned and faced Claria. "Ah, Claria. She made an attempt to smile, but the brunette couldn't find it in herself to muster up the energy. "Sorry I'm just a bit worried, I guess all the stress is finally catching up to me." She sighed and looked back up at the sky, seeming to go back into thought. A silence drifted over the two as Alaura tried to calm herself down a little to form a more coherent thought.

"You know I never thought my life would end up this way...then again I have no idea where it was going in the first place. It's...If I'm being completely honest it's nerve wracking. There is always something to worry about, from food shortage, to a possible drought, the creatures we have yet to face, everything we may need for the future but have no way of even knowing how to provide it, and-"

She paused in her sort of rant, her eyes were a bit distant and glassy like she was almost ready to cry- she felt all choked up with the sudden influx of emotion she was feeling and it showed outwardly in the strong pulsing blue light coming from the antlers on her head.

"and I just feel like I'm not worthy to be with Nikkolai....I see the way other females look at him- hell some are as bold to flirt with him in front of me. I-I don't know maybe I'm a coward for not being more assertive, but we're only really bonded, he could leave me if he really wanted...Stars this draconian thing is so confusing....Sometimes I feel useless, because I don't know if I'm providing enough emotional support, I just want to be there for him."

Alaura sniffed a bit a wiped the tears that had fallen as she spoke, before turning back to Claria and giving a small apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, that was a lot to unload on you, forgive me."
    Spoiler: Signature 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

He nodded, smiling. He watched them for a moment, and sat down on the ground. He began to think. I wonder what having children would be like. I suppose a lot of work. I'd have to keep them in sight all the time, at least when they were young. I wouldn't want something to find my child alone, or worse... defenseless. I'll probably have to devise something to keep my hands free while I carried it. Suddenly, he had a mental image of a baby, wrapped in hide, strapped to his back as he fought with a lion. Hrm... I will need to teach my children to fight. To hunt. To fish. Claria will back me up on that. I won't leave my children defenseless. They'll be born into a harsh world. They'll need to know certain skills. He wondered is he could teach a child how to catch fish with its hands. He wondered if he could teach at all. He looked at his hands. He had a sudden realization. His children would be dragons. They would have wings, scales, claws, fangs. He wondered if his children would be born with gills. Speaking of which, he grabbed his waterskin, and took a sip. Water flowed through his gills, refreshing him. He recapped it, then put it back at his hip. He wondered if they would be born dragons or humanoids. What would it be like, to have dragon children?

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai, at first, was helping with the first field. But his hearing focused on his bonded. He knew she was worried. He handed the head farmer the control of the workers saying "You get the idea." before moving towards Alaura and Claria. When she said he could leave if he wanted he paused and said aloud "I would never do that." when she finished talking. His eyes were soft. "The other females may flirt with me, but I won't acknowledge them much. Because I am your bonded, as you are mine." He said before pulling her into a gentle hug. He could be very sweet, and it showed in this moment.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Claria stared at the girl as she mentioned that the stress was catching up to her. Claria nodded in that. With the Pin heads re showing up it made it clear this was no longer a survival vacation. They had re-population quotes. The garbage of it all. Claria could feel herself grinding on the back of her teeth. She knew there must be some way to strike back…there was never a zero percent chance. Why did the pinheads need dragon-kin…? That was what would help her balance the power scales. Nikkolai might know but asking him was foolish…he was too emotional and had partially given up…he wasn’t weak but he was soft. This was something she would need to speak to Borris about.

The silence was nice…Claria often went alone or incidentally now with Shin. She loved the fact they could go long stretches without speaking. They did not need to articulate things…at least she thought so? Was Shin actually okay with that? Now she really needed to ask him.

Alaura suddenly started going into what her mind was racing about. She was worried about food, shelter, threats…Claria watched her almost go teary eyed. Claria flinched a bit look at the brightness of her horns…only for a second. She had no idea what her horns were if anything other than horns but they did not seem dangerous.

She was concerned she was not good enough and as she looked at her she could resonate with that. Shin and her…she had no idea what she was doing either. Her heart hurt a lot and it was because she knew she was not trusting enough. She could feel what she called her old self pulling back on the bonds, trying to keep her what she was.

As sh apologized Claria shook her head. She was not the best at giving comfort but if she could do anything she needed to do it now. “Alaura…you-“ A sudden movement of darkness and call saying he would never do that came over. Claria felt herself go ridged. He pulled her into a gentle hug and Claria stared daggers into the man’s head. Her opportunity passed…she was not about to break them up so she could say her piece. Claria gave a solid look and nodded to Alaura. A small smile.

“I’ll be here…friend.”

With that Claria decided to leave them be. She moved with confidence and walked like she owned the place. As she walked though she placed a hand on her hip…no blade there and it made her feel naked. As she made her way back to Shin he was sitting on the ground deep in thought. He was a very deep thinker…clever but lacking some basics…it was cute.

She sat down so that their shoulders were touching and she leaned her head so she could whisper into his ear. “The walls have ears like they always do…” It was hard having private or intimate conversation considering Nikkolai’s crazy hearing ability. A little annoyed she nibbled a bit at his shoulder and then gave it a peck. Certainly more affectionate than she usually was. As she looked at Shin’s gills though her eyes really took them in…was that…my ticket. Emotion would take her into her dragon state…no one but Borris could challenge her might directly and she never panicked in combat anyway. Her dragon form would need to be forced.

As she looked at her sudden muse she tentatively reached out to touch his lips and said, “You could drown me…” It was a weird expression that had hope and love which…realistically made her sound suicidal. Even still she forgot they could not express thoughts telepathically so it might come out wrong.

As if forgetting to explain herself she said, “It probably would not work on the kids…if they gained your grills…”

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

"You could drown me..." she said, and Shin's eyes shot up with concern. "What do you mean?" his concern had turned into quizzicality. "What would not work?" then it hit him. Her dragon form. "Oh. You mean, you would like me to force your dragon form out? Through... drowning." In his mind, he played over the situation. He stood over her, in the river, holding her under the water. He watched her, waiting for her features to change. He waited. And waited. And he slowly realized that she had stopped thrashing and no bubbles came forth from her nose and mouth. "No. It might work, but it might not. It might kill you, and we can't have that. Where did this come from?" he asked. He knew she hadn't accesed her dragon form yet, and he knew it was a sore subject with her, but he didn't think she would go to lengths such as this to reach it.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223 LastLast