Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Skies New Home [IC-M] ~REBOOTED~

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Shin turned to look at her. His breath rattled with each inhale. He coughed again, and more blood dripped from his lips. His face was bright red from lack of oxygen. "Con... concentrate?" he coughed once more, and more blood came, but not in drips. It sprayed across the ground, his shirt, and Alaura's face. He fell to the ground, wheezing.

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai watched for just a second before thinking of something, grabbing the water gallon from his supplies he opened it "Here, something just occurred to me. Shin, can you calm yourself enough to drink a bit?" Nikkolai said as he offered Shin the gallon of water. "Here, take a few swallows if you need it."

Borris watched as his prince did as he always did, helping others. He had a look that was both proud, and calm. "Of course, I should have known." Borris said, very lightly facepalming himself.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Shin gave him an accusing look like, Are you serious my lungs won't work and you think I'm thirsty?! he reached for the bottle though, and took a drink. There was a loud flushing sound, and water streamed out of his neck. His eyes bugged out, and he continued drinking. Well, not drinking per se, more like inhaling, but with water. On his throat three lines appeared, from ear to ear under his chin, like red smiles. Pink feathery things flitted in and out of the slits. Water continued to stream from his neck. His face returned to normal, and his eyes stopped bugging out. He removed the bottle from his mouth,and said, "Thank you... I thought I was dying... what happened to me?" his voice was hollow and whistle-y, but otherwise understandable.

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alaura couldn't do anything except brace herself as blood spewed from Shin's mouth and onto her face. Luckily she had long enough sleeves and she was able to wipe a majority of it off. Turning away from everyone she spat, just in case any blood had gotten in her mouth. She wasn't able to see it all, but she was able to see the tail end of Shin's small transformation, and her eyes widened in shock. "You're turning into one of them..." The statement came out in a sort of whisper as Alaura looked over his neck, before turning back to Nikkolai and Borris. "T-this is way too dangerous to go through without enough information." "What if something else like this happens, are you two going to just stand around and pretend to not know what to do?!" At this point Alaura's voice was starting to become a bit louder as she became angry, all her emotions were starting to whirl together cloud her judgement.

"Shouldn't you two have more knowledge on how to handle these situations, we are all turning into whatever it is you are and it doesn't even seem like you're trying to guide us in any way possible!!"

"If you're hiding anything you need to tell us now."

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai looked at Alaura, then at Borris, as though looking for confirmation. Borris merely shrugged, obviously it was up to him. "Very well, slowly, some quicker than others, you're all becoming Draconians, or weredragons, Draco-sapiens, whatever you prefer to call it but we're all the same, but also different. All, if not most, of us are different varieties of Draconian types. Shin is a water type from what we just witnessed, I dunno what types you're turning into until you start to show signs. I apologize for hiding it, but I'm sure you can see why we chose to originally. As I said on the ship, some humans believe in aliens, but almost none believe in dragons." after a moment to let that sink in he said "We'll answer more when we reach the cave."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Nikko said something that really threw her off...he mentioned that they were not of the world they were from...yet at the same time he was what they were now. This really meant that they had changed from the humans they were. She felt uncomfortable as she ate really wondering where things were going. There was another issue here though as she ate some more of her tiny bites of food. They were going to be used to rebuild Nikkolai’s race, their memories seemed to have vanished, she felt like they had not really been asked, and finally...the girls were basically just there to be labor and for the ability to breed.

Claria focused on her own thoughts, knowing that...shin? Yes she believed so was getting angry. This was no longer about trust or even if they wanted to be here. There was nothing they could do on their own. This ship was proof of that. She needed to take a step forward and not linger on what she lost. She would follow where things went and when it came time for...things...she would handle it then. Right now she focused on eating her food. According to Nikkolai...who knew when they would eat something else like this again.

As Claria listened she heard the key point to this, ‘Pinheads will destroy the new planet.’ For Nikko and Borris this is their last chance, the pinheads have them...well pinned. That was enough for her to trust in those two over not trusting them. When people were desperate they would do anything even kidnap people. She had no idea what type f person she was before but one thing was clear, she understood those in need. Maybe she had a very quick stockholm syndrome...whatever that was...but she was already restless despite being calm on the outside. She would simply do whatever she could to last as long as she could.

One of the other girls...Gretchen she thought said she would do anything and proceed. This was where Claria was as well. She felt like she could get along with her when the time came. After all, at this point what did it matter if they fell apart. If they fought against Nikko and Borris the pinheads would just blow them up. She found a common enemy and that...would get Claria on the right side.

Nikkolai quickly mentioned bracing themselves and considering she had never gotten up simple moved the empty plate away from her and clung to a corner of her cage. She held onto it tightly but even then she felt her body jolt and come back down. Thankfully she had not traveled too far. She noticed that Nikkolai had not moved even a few steps yet Borris had fallen over. For once...I am glad to have the cage…

As their cage doors opened Claria very quickly stood up. Her knees hurt a bit from when she landed but now was not the time for weakness. She already noticed one of the guys was freaking out a bit. She felt bad for him but instead quickly moved over to Nikkolai and took two bags. They were beyond heavy for her but she just gave him a smile after she was surprised and then continued to moving outside of whatever thing they were in.

Once outside nothing seemed to help Shin. He was really having a tough time. Fear started to creep in Claria’s eyes and heart. What should they do? Thankfully another girl...Alaura…? Seemed to be doing everything she could for him. She could feel she was trying to encourage herself to move but it was like she was stuck in neutral. She just watched and looked on...what was wrong with her? She just had this icy gaze stuck on her stupid face.

Surprisingly Nikkolai figured out what was wrong with him in no time at all. The man drank some of the water but then it poured out of his neck. She gave a rather questioningly look. Was this one of the side effects. As she looked around no one else seemed to be suffering at all similar to him.

Alaura of course was upset. Blood as now over her as well as Shin. They were starting to change and they had no idea how to prepare for it. What if suddenly something became like poison to them. Alaura was angry and once again she made a plea out to Nikkolai for more information. He mentioned that they were becoming...dragons? Were-dragons. Her mind saw something like a lizard but even this was outside of her knowledge. He said he would mentioned more once they reached the cave.

Claria simply moved over, slowly but in a very fluid manner and said, “Shin...I am glad Nikkolai knew how to help you. I promise to keep an eye out on the others for things similar to this.” She moved over to Nikkolai and then looked him up and down. She moved her bags a bit considering they were only getting heavier on her small frame. “Thank you for saving him...I’ll work harder to ease your burden a bit as well.”

With that she looked toward the cave and made her way over. She was going to start leading and as such, she would be the first one to the cave. Hopefully there would be nothing of concern there. Though the thought of something living in that cave seemed likely. She was worried though with Shin’s issue they would need a source of water even more desperately then they normally would for survival.

Quietly she looked back at Shin and said, “I wonder...if he can smell water...or maybe find it better than the rest of us?”
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Shin and Gretchen Dual Post

If singing is what he wants, then singing he will get. They are suppose to survive together, if singing helped Shin then she would as much as he needs.

"Ok...ok Shin listen to my voice, keep listening and try to take deep breaths." She says with a calm tone of voice, softly closing her eyes she starts to sing the first thing that comes to mind. Not sure where it came from, but the woman held the bars to her case with both hands to be as near to Shin as possible to show her support.

The melody was smooth, like waves licking a sandy beach on a calm summer's night. Changing in pitches at times she didn't stop while watching the inflicted male. Feeling a little helpless as she wanted to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubZhS-0l4wk&t=1195s

He certainly seemed to calm down. His breathing slowed, and he stopped twitching as much. He looked at her with wide eyes. A single tear slid down his face. "Th... thank you." he quietly walked over, and wrapped his fingers around the bars nearest her. "Thank you." he smiled, perhaps for the first time on the ship. Suddenly, he gasped, and staggered backwards. He grabbed his throat and his blood coursed over his fngers. His eyes bugged out, and he looked at his hands. On his throat were three lines, going from ear to ear, under his chin, like red smiles. Pinkish, feather-like things flitted in and out of the slits. He gasped on more time, and the slits flared. He wrapped his hands around his throat, holding the slits closed. They had stopped bleeding, and he shakily inhaled. "Wh... what is this?" his voice was wheezier than before, with a hollow sound to it. "What happened to me?"

"You're welcome Shin..." she would say, reaching her arm slowly out into the space between their cages if there was one as if to hold his hand. It was the thought that counts and honest attempt, little things like this can really make an impact she believed. "Breath...I won't stop until you're alright, I promise."

She began again, picking up where she left off when suddenly Shin took a turn for the worse it seemed. Her eyes grew wide though she did not scream as his throat opened up, looking to Nikkolai for answers while her voice still sang the melody. Both hands gripped the bars of her cage tightly, white knuckles showing but no worse for the moment. When Shin did begin to speak she let out a sigh of relief, having thought he may have been dying at one point of time.

Only when he started to speak did she stop singing, one hand rubbing her own throat as if concerned if this would happen to her too. "I do...I don't know..." Her eyes looking to the leader and Borris "is he changing then?" She asks, looking back to the odd throat male. "Are...does it hurt any more?"

His voice made an odd whistling sound when he spoke: "Not... really... Just... difficult... to breathe... Thank you... I... think... I've... got it..." he slowly, shakily, removed his hands from his throat. His gills flared a little, but settle back down. Soon, they rested flat against his throat, and his breathing returned to somewhat normal. He looked at Gretchen with new eyes. "Where did you learn to sing like that?"

----------------------------------

Before she could answer several tings happened, Nikkolai and Borris stepped in to Shin's aid as well as Alaura once the cages opened. Her singing talent would have to remain a mystery then for now which suited her just fine. As for her bags, yes she collected them as well around the same time Claria did to which she gave the other woman a smile and nod of recognition before following the others off of the ship.

So they'd all have this...change? She heard the last of what Nikkolai said to the others while maneuvering legs on new ground. Sea legs, ship legs, it was something like that where her muscles protested just enough to be noticed but continued on anyways seeing no other option. Sitting down? Not a chance.

Gretchen didn't like to fuss about, she heard the word cave and that was all she needed. Claria seemed to be of the same mind set as her which was good. Common minds in some areas would help them all build friendships and see that burdens are not resting on just one draconian's shoulders. With a slight bow to her head towards the group she would opt to walk beside Claria towards this cave she had her eyes on. Letting her mind absorb all of the information she's been given more and think about what needed to be done first. Shelter...safety within.

"Perhaps the water will call to him in time, and aid us when its of need." She responded to Claria moments after she voiced this thought out loud, standing beside her as she too examined the cave they were approaching.

Turning her head to look at the female beside her, her eyes were soft and yet held within burdens as they all did. She wouldn't show it on the outside though, it would not be of much good when there is so much uncertainty here already.

"Proper introductions then for new world" she smiles just a little as the corner of her lips turn up. "My name is Gretchen, it is nice to meet you. I look forward to knowing more of yourself in the coming months."

Looking at the cave again, then back to the others her eyes would fall to the one beside her again.

"Shall we continue on carefully then? If you have my safety in mind then yours I shall hold yours as well."

I've got your back if you have mind, lets do this.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Shin flexed his neck, and his gills widened and closed in response. He flexed again, and they opened. They made a slight whistle in the wind, and he returned his neck to normal. His gills closed. He appeared to be breathing normally, if a little fast. He looked around. "I... can't see any water, but I can smell it..." he made his way to the caves, still a bit weak from the whole ordeal. He put his hand on the wall of the cavern, and continued in.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai and Borris followed in "Shin is right, I smell water in here as well." They soon came upon three tunnels"Borris, you take the left, I'll take the middle, we'll both take the right once we come back, let's explore these tunnels." Nikkolai said, Borris nodded and started down the left, Nikky the center tunnel.

Borris, after a short while, saw a fair multitude of mini cave entrances, he supposed these could be rooms.

Nikky, a short time further, came to a spring fed underground lake. "Well, this will make shin Happy." He said to himself before he walked back.

Borris and Nikky came back and Nikky stated the presence of an underground spring fed lake, Borris mentioned the fairly spacious rooms down the left tunnel.

They both then made their way down the right tunnel. Once the came back a while later they both said they had found a cool, dry singular room which could be used for storage. "Seems we have a fair start in this cave." Nikky said with a slight smile.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Shin continued down his tunnel, amazed that as the cave darkened, his vision changed. His vision, normally in color, was now black, edged in silver. He could see every detail, even better than his normal vision. He laughed in delight. If you had been in the caves with him, you wouldn't have seen anything, except two, lightly-reflecting circles about Shin's eyes' height as he walked along. He saw the tunnel eventually taper out, growing smaller until he was crawling on his hands and knees. He came to the end of the tunnel. He noticed that the wall was not, in fact, fully stone like in other places. It was actually dirt and loose rocks. He began to dig with his hands. He dug and dug and dug until the dirt gave away, and he found himself staring into a quite large cavern. He thought for a moment. Do I tell the others?He felt like they hadn't done anything but help him, and so he should be honest if he wanted to retain their trust, but... what if they took it? What if they decided, Hey, we don't need Shin anymore, he's just dead weight, what with needing water or he'll suffocate. He mulled it over, and decided I won't tell them just yet. I'll wait for a more oppurtne moment. He turned around, and made his way back. He brushed the dirt off his hands on his pants, and walked up to the group. "That tunnel leads nowhere."

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast