Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Skies New Home [IC-M] ~REBOOTED~

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Gretchen responded to his smile with one of her own, slight but it was there. Turning her head to the others to gauge just how far behind they were. She'd wave them onward with silent encouragement before looking on ahead. Soon as there was good wood on the ground she started to bend over and pick it up one by one. Stacking in her arm from wrist to elbow side by side neatly of the smaller pieces, if there was some kind of bind weed or such around. A brief pause would be taken to pull some free and use it to wrap around the wood enough to secure it tight. The bundle with extra of the plant would be used to wrap around her arms then tie to her chest so her hands were free for larger pieces of wood.

A good log, that is what she needed to find, maybe two or three ideally if she can figure out a way to drag or carry it all back. Who knew how cold it got at nights, with luck, the caves would help with that. The others wanted to do their own things and she didn't stop them. Nor did she slow them down to the best of the ability. They were right, not much was out here, and yet, she knew this place wasn't chosen if they couldn't make a living of it.

The closer night time came, the more her ears tipped and took on a slight darkening at the points. Her senses were more alert and honed in to the noises and various scents. If they were to pick berries or such as she believes one mentioned, then she'd help keep watch. Head up and alert but not defensive, she kept her ears open for the sounds of a stream, the smell of wet earth, something to indicate running water besides the one pool in the cave just in case.

But mostly she watched the sky and the sun, watched their way to judge distance. She did find a large log, it would take two to carry back though it was that large.

Looking up at the group after heaving to roll the long and heavy log over to make sure nothing was underneath. Something told her to do this, instincts perhaps. She would look to the others if it was safe, eyes searching each one of them. "Anyone up to carrying this back with me? Should get us through the night if we are of luck, another bearing it on their shoulder we will make it."

Of course they'd make it, she had a determined silent look in her eyes. Looking to the male that was of the trio, and Borris. The ladies as well as she didn't care who it was to help, if none did she'd still drag it back herself.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

"Or, actually, I think I'll just... go find a place to put these. I could come back when I change." He began to walk towards the housing caves. His gait was a bit weird, more like an undulating hop. He was still getting used to quadrepedal-ism and having webbed claws wasn't helping any. He made his way into the housing bunks, and found a ledge he liked. He placed the clothes onto the ledge and settled down to wait out the change.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Shin asked her with pleading eyes if she could watch his clothing. She turned away from Nikkolai and shrugged. Not that it really bothered her but at the same point she did not see a real reason to. After a moment though Shin said that he would leave the area and his large dragon body just slowly moved past. She was really confused. Why would he plead with her and then just walk away doing the opposite of what He said.

“Nikkolai, I think maybe we need to have someone who watches people’s mental states. Everyone is fluctu…” She looked at Nikkolai and saw something weird. Claria walked over to him never once even looking down. Completely unaware of what was going on. She looked from Nikkolai to where Shin had gone.

“Nikkolai why do you look so awkward…?” She compared this to when they were in the ship and there was a completely different person before her. “You should look like this more often, it makes you look approachable.” She smiled slightly and said, “Well it looks like we have found water and a new way to make people change. I think we can count this as a success yes?”

She shifted slightly and was now trying to think to herself. “Nikkolai...I really hope you can be happy here despite whatever has happened to you a Borris. We have it easy...having nothing is easier than carrying a burden. Please try and have a real life here.”
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Another couple of minutes had passed before the group actually came upon the jungle. Nodding to Gretchen and Borris, Alaura, Sorcha, and Yakon went off to do their own things. Yakon took to keeping his eyes on the ground to search for tracks wandering off a bit further, but still in the range of earshot. Alaura and Sorcha began to look for berries and luckily enough for them, they didn't have to walk too far to find them. Pulling out her survival manual Alaura took the opportunity to look up what kind of berries they were. The sun setting made it a bit difficult to tell, but they were definitely raspberries.

"Here Sorcha put the berries in here, I'm going to find mark trees nearby to mark." She handed the red head the empty pack and made her way to the nearest tree. Strange... Alaura ha planned on using her nails to mark the tree as the had gotten sharper since they landed, but looking at them now they were rather short and rounded. Guess I'll just use my dagger Pulling her dagger from the waist band of her pants Alaura set to work on marking the trees.

"Don't worry about the log Gretchen, Yakon can carry it." Sorcha called out. She may not have known him long, but she could tell that Yakon would be one of strongest were dragons yet. He even carried not only his pack and water off the ship, but hers as well.

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Borris stood off to the side, keeping all senses on high gear as night approached.

Nikkolai blushed as Claria asked what was wrong and said "Well, I have never been chewed out by a female before... uhh, I guess I wasn't sure if I should be afraid or aroused, uhh, my body decided both, apparently..." he said and looked away again, still awkward.

Talon would probably notice a few tracks. The most notable were very large and definitely belonged to some form of predator. Though in the darkness, it was difficult to tell if it were feline or canid. There was also several sets of smaller tracks, some of which were hooved, a couple were birdlike, even.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If Yukon wanted to carry the log all the way back she wouldn't stop him, her head would nod with her thanks even. Her reason here was least met, to find firewood. There was plenty on the ground if one was careful about it she thinks. Picking up another large log that she could carry on her own, Gretchen would walk back to Borris to set it down with a grunt of distress. With one hand on her head, pressing at the temple, she shakes it a little as if to try and snap out of it.The shape of her ears had completed it's transformation a little while ago as did her senses though she took that much in stride best as one could. Black tipped ears and all it was her back next that made her groan and find it harder to breath.

"Excuse me..." she quickly whispers to those in ear shot of her close proximity. The urge for space so strong that she hurries as best as she can through the pain to the nearest somewhat large clearing. At times stumbling and having to brace herself with a shaking hand on a tree trunk, darker spots appeared along the sides of her neck by then too...to which would be a permanent as her ears in a lovely pattern if she could ever see them. But the pain was her focus, the closer to the horizon the sun came the quicker the change forced it upon herself.

Gretchen grits her teeth when she stumbles into a clearing and drop to her knees, the pain so bad she removes the wood bundle from her back, pulls off her shirt and nearly rips the bra off so she can try and reach around to see if it's a bad bite or something. But the pain radiated down her hips and straight to her legs that she struggled to stand up and remove her shorts in time. With only maybe 20-ish minutes left of light the woman screamed.

Then her scream was cut short....

she was no longer humanoid in appearance....

for a dragon stood on all fours in her place shaking her head and breathing her first breath.

Her wings stretched out wide to either side of her, dark blue to almost black with hints of rich purple veins along the wing membrane when the light caught her just right. Her body sleek and swift that with a snort through the nostrils she took a mind of her own to hunch a little as if preparing to pounce something before the powerful wings rose up. Pressing down with a 'whoosh' the dragon launched herself airborn into the sky, over the treeline as Gretchensaw the glimmer of the first star in the sky, and finally felt more a home.

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Finally finishing with marking the nearby trees Alaura made her way back to Sorcha to help finish picking berries. She stopped short in confusion as Gretchen passed by with a quite 'excuse me'. Her ears perked slightly as she could literally hear Gretchen's bone growing and her brow furrowed as she watched her go. Concern was written all over her face and the brunette immediately decided to go grab Borris.

"Borris, something is wrong with Gretchen, I think she might be in trouble." Alaura said as she approached the guard.

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Borris looked at Sorcha as she approached him and said something was wrong with Gretchen, he immediately sprung into action "Which way?" When he was given the direction he dashed off into the direction he was told. Halfway across the clearing he jumped a rock and shifted mid leap. His dragon form was a long, white furred dragon with angelic wings and a heavenly glow, claws and horns all golden in color. His wings beat the air as he was suddenly much faster with a growling sound he paused and looked up, eyes picking out the shape above, sniffing slightly he turned around "She'll be ok, she just shifted, I'll go get her though, I can't be in two places at once, so the three of you head back to the cave as soon as possible, got it?" He waited for the answer before taking off, flying to the black femme dragon and flying up in front of her to attempt to herd her back to the group. "Gretchen." He said as he hovered on front of her. "Come, lets go back to the group." He said gently as he flew around her in a circle for a few times before seeing if she'd follow.
    Last edited by AxelVanDeriz; 01-15-2019 at 11:35 PM.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

She was soaring! Oh how good this felt to be in the sky! To greet the stars and bid the sun good night!

Her wings moved through the air, tilting at angles to keep her going in a large circle around where the group was. She didn't want to leave them even like this, her sense of duty was still there to watch over them with her very sharp eyes.

When Borris came up through the tree top she watched him approach her. Unaware who it was until he spoke, "Borris?" She'd call out to him, circling around with him as if it was some sort of dance in the sky. Studying the way he was now and how he moved. She had to admit his horns were very nice. The pattern markings along her neck shimmer with the last light of day fading faster.

"Yes, yes alright I'm coming. Please lead the way as I am sure my landing may not be the best." The circling pair of dragons almost seemed like ying and yang oddly enough in the sky. If he would oblidge her then Gretchen would alter her course to follow behind him. This help her to see how he navigates the sky and learn, if they landed. She would study his decent first before circling once more and come down herself. Landing by what felt right she still stumbled a little and would shake her large head, coming in if seen side by side a little smaller than Borris himself.

"I may need practice..." she says out loud, flexing her wings before folding them back against her body. Her frills on the head and body lower as if to give respect to the dragon older than herself.

Changing....if he insists then she would, the naked woman to gather her clothes and put them back on. On ashamed of her skin or if someone saw.

If he stayed in such larger form then so would she...new to this, it made sense for one to follow another's lead during the first few minutes.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

When the sun went down, Shin's ears perked up, and his pupils opened wider. His visions slowly transitioned from darkness to the silver-edged night vision he had used when he had explored the cave. He noticed a strange buzzing in his snout, near his nostrils. He craned his neck towards the mouth of the caves, and the buzzing grew more insistant. He shrugged, and put his head back on the ground. He was kinda bored. He was so bored, in fact, he didn't even notice his tail was shrinking, his wings shrivelling, his claws and horns shortening, his legs flexing back into place, his scales disappearing, his hair appearing, his snout shortening, and his rapid shrinking. He was human, and he noticed that. Especially because he was lying on his stomach on a cold stone floor of a cave. He noticed that. "Ah!" he shrieked, jumping up, hands covering his bits. He looked around, making sure no one saw him. He rapidly pulled on the clothes, learning that Donovan or whatever his name was was much, much bigger than him. His clothes were so baggy.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast