Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Skies New Home [IC-M] ~REBOOTED~

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

With the tunnels figured out, during that time that the males searched inside. Gretchen examined the walls of the caves for moisture and the bottoms for any animals tracks. It seemed like the right thing to do at least.

When Borris and Nikkolai were at least back, should they tell the others what they have found. She would opt to take her personal belongings inside one of the the mini caves to least make her bed for the night and give herself something to look forward to. This was the first time she had to look through her pack even, so why stop now? Carefully she sets everything out grouping them by item to get a better idea of what she has.

"I wonder what we have to kill dinner out here...." She pauses, realizing what she just said. "I wonder if there is wild game here...maybe fish in the lake?"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Claria noticed that the girl...Gretchen?...was following her towards the cave. There was someone else who was ready to get things moving and she appreciated that. As they both looked into the cave...Claria found herself sniffing a bit for some reason trying to figure it out of it was safe. It did not feel normal so she guessed her new genetics were taking over. Eventually her eyes came to fully look at the lady next to her. She was pretty for someone who was just in a cage and carrying heavy bags. She was...older than her at least maybe she was. Age was starting to be hard to tell. She had dark hair and dark eyes which seemed to contrast Claria’s silvery hair. She seemed to have that dark beauty something that made her think her Nikko were similar. They would look dashing together in formal wear...whatever that was.

She went from a small smile to a thinking face. She felt as if everytime she attempted to grab onto an image or memory it would dark away. Like she could see it in her peripheral vision only to have it vanish when she looked for it.

The lady introduced herself as Gretchen. She gave her a smile and her eyes spoke of trying to make friend. She wanted them to protect each other if Claria would watch her back. IN a bit of a nervous habit? Did she even have habits yet, she brushed her hair away from her face. Her ears were starting to turn into something a fourth of the way to what Nikko had. She gave a small giggle and said, “Yes...I’ll watch you as closely as you watch mine Gretchen.” She looked at her and gave a small curtsy and continued, “Claira...I think…” She giggled again thinking it was weird to wonder her name.

The boys suddenly launched forward making little room for the two to explore the unknown. Claria crossed her arms and looked generally peeved byt his. She guessed that the boys were going to start showing off how cool or strong they were to try and attract them at this point. Well...if it meant less adnager for her...she just sighed a bit and casually looked over at Gretchen as if boys will be boys was a thing.

In total the group mentioned that one tunnel was from storage, one was for housing, and the middle was for water. Claria desperately wanted a bath but know that their drinking water would not be used like that.luxuries would come far later down the road. Clara followed Gretchen to the housing segment and set up a room right across from her. She started to take stuff out of her bags and group them. She noticed the other girl was doing the same thing and it caused her to smile. They were thinking similarly.

As she overheard the girl talk Claria said, “I would love to go hunting for fish in the lake...though i doubt I would do more than just swim and enjoy the water.” She smiled to herself though. Yes, she just wanted a bath. She set her stuff aside and said, “If anyone asks I am going to poke my head around the outskirts and see what is within eyesight of the cave.”

As she jogged to the front she had to dodge a few others who were coming in. There were quite a few of these people and she wondered how many would be adapting well to the dragon genetics. As she made her way she wondered how many did not survive..where their old families looking for them or did they think they were dead?

As she came out into the sun she held her hand up to keep the sun out of them. She moved to be above the cave entrance. She felt her eyes scan the horizon and attempt to make out anything that would be a landmark. She was also trying to be aware of anything that might be prey or predator in the area. As she looked she felt like her eyes were zooming in...it caught her off guard but with some practice she was getting used to it.

“I can guess what everyone who was taken is thinking...but I am beginning to wonder what Nikkolai and Borris are thinking.They must be stressed out.” She bit her lip a bit and said, “I gotta get useful and quick…”
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alaura could nothing but sigh and nod her head at Nikkolai's answer and began the journey there along with some of the other passengers. The walk there wasn't terribly long, but she was able to interact with some of her previous cage mates, two of which were in the cages beside her own. One was a male that seemed to be a bit older than both herself and her other neighbor, with black hair and a beard. He himself was quite tall and his stature was one that was rather fit, he called himself Yakon. The other was a girl maybe a couple of years younger than her. She had short red hair, blue eyes, and freckles all over her face- her name was Sorcha. They provided pleasant conversation and seemed to share a likeliness with her. Before they knew they reached the cave and agreeing to speak later they went their separate ways.

Exploring around a bit Alaura saw the underground lake the dark prince had discovered and the part of the cave that was composed of what she could only assume was a multitude of dens. From floor to ceiling the room was huge and there seemed to be plenty of room for everyone to have their own space. Walking around for a while the brunette was able to find a room for herself and sat down towards the back it to sort through her pack, but she was more eager to read the survival manuals. The lighting was dismal, only coming in through the occasional crack and from the entrance, but before she could even complain everything seemed to come into focus. The change was gradual but she could make out the shapes and outlines of the cave walls better than when she had come in and she could even read better. Heaving a sigh she continued reading where she left off. If she was going to get used to living this way then she was going to commit this manual to memory to make things easier.

And just like she thought the manual contained a lot of useful information, though most of what she had read seemed like basic information 'Which I don't have very much of...' Her thoughts were interrupted when she noticed the prince and guard and prince pass by. Putting her manual away she hurriedly ran after them to see if she could get anymore information. "Nikkolai, Borris, please wait!"

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Shin suddenly perked up, his nostrils sniffing and his gills flaring. "I can smell the water..." he cocked his head to the left. "It smells so... enticing." he began to walk, following the scent of the water. Soon he was speedwalking, then jogging, then full out running. When he turned the corner and came in sight of the spring, he let out a cry of joy, then dove into the water. A horrible desicion, really, but he was just so dang happy to find the water. He sank to the bottom of the pool, and almost immediately started breathing. He yelled happily, from under the water, and oddly, it came out clearly.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 01-10-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Hmm?" Nikkolai said as he turned around to look at Alaura as she followed behind them. "What's the matter?" He asked, his dark eyes looking into hers. Dark eyes that were easy to get lost in, like a pair of black vortex-like anomalies.
    Borris stood off to the side a bit, he would answer whatever Nikkolai didn't.

Nikkolai's ear suddenly twitched toward the center tunnel. "Sounds like Shin found the water." With a slight chuckle. Before turning his attention back to Alaura.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alaura stopped when she was a good three feet in front of him. "I-I have a few questions..." She paused as she actually looked into his eyes. They were slightly intimidating, however, she still found them to be "Pretty." It took her a moment to realize that she had said that out loud and she had been staring.

With a soft blush covering her cheeks Alaura cleared her throat and tried again. "Ah yes I have a couple of questions f-for the both of you." Her voice came out a bit more confident this time as she silently prayed that the prince hadn't heard her.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Shin's happy sounds suddenly ceased. If anyone had been watching, they'd have seen first his eyes change. His eyes went from their normal dark drown, almost black to blue green. They'd have seen his skin change color to dark blue, and his horns grow like a sped-up video of bamboo growing. His skin suddenly cracked into individual diamond-shaped scales. His fingers grew longer, and his nails grew into claws, webbing stretching between them. His feet shot out, ending in yet more webbed talons on digitigrade legs. Webbing grew from his elbows. His nose and mouth mergede into a crocodile-like snout. His hair receded. His neck extended like a snake. Yet more fins grew, starting between his horns and traveling down his back. His spine shot out, covered in flesh that was rapidly growing longer and broader, like the tail of a crocodile. His shoulders flexed, then large, bat-like wings burst from his back, twitching tenderly. When all was said and done, He was twelve feet tall at the shoulder, and twenty-six feet long. He crawled out of the pond, water coursing down his sides and back. He was pretty in shock.

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Yes, what are youre---" he stopped suddenly, his ears twitching. "Borris..." Borris also paused and focused his hearing. "I hear it too..." "Sorry, my dear, it'll have to wait a tad longer." Nikky said as he suddenly turned and dashed down the tunnel and made a hard left turn, Borris on his tail, figuratively. They arrived at the lake in time to see Shin crawl out of the lake, in Dragon form. "Well, then... I guess I was correct, water type." Nikkolai said casually.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

When Claria matched looks with her that boys will be boys she only tilted her head slightly in the female's directions in a "you're not wrong" manner. With so many scrambling to get some sort of rooms claimed in the mini caves, she admittedly was glad to grab hers when she did. Claria across from her helped just to even know someone familiar was nearby.

"If anyone asks, I will let them know." She responds to the female's voiced intents on taking a look outside. The thought of a bath now stuck in her head she started to crave it as well. Soap, lots of hard scrubbing, yes please. Her own ears started to elongate and create points but she didn't pay it no mind, unaware of this for the time being. However she was more aware of the time than anything. Or more to the point, how long it was until nightfall. It was subtle, playing in the back of her mind that she didn't really get startled by or seek out to try and notice what may be different about herself.

Thinking back to bathing she stopped to consider something else...how could they make more soap? Fire for nights too. Grabbing the manual she saw when looking through her pack Gretchen flipped through until she found something on soap making if at all. Animal fat and herbs with lye? Hmm she'd have to experiment with this some but not impossible. Getting animal fat from kills would be simple enough in her mind. That just left one more thing, fire for the nights.

Grabbing a knife from her pack if there was one provided for safety, she slips it behind her back securely before walking out of the cave slowly. Only stopping when she arrived at the main point where the 3-4 caves or tunnels divided off. Calling out to those wandering around or wondering what to do, whoever they may be as so many were passing back and forth stretching their legs.

"I'm going to seek firewood, see what our luck runs with that. Does anyone wish to accompany me for safety in numbers?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Oh but-"

They were gone before she could say anything else. With a sigh she decided to head back to her room. Halfway back she was met with Yakon and Sorcha. "Hey what are you two up to? "

"We were going to see what was outside the cave." Sorcha said.

"We both went through our manuals and thought we may be able to find some food, you in? " Yakon asked as he revealed two packs, one of them being Alaura.

Her brow raised and small smirk graced her features and she took her pack from him. "How were you so sure I wanted to go exploring? "

"Just a hunch. "

With a shake of her head, all three made their way to the opening. They stopped as they heard Gretchen announce that she too was going outside.

"We'll join you." Alaura declared, as all three of them approached Gretchen.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast