Thread: Partner Wanted

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default Partner Wanted

This is a revamp of a game from a while back where my partner lost their internet access before it really took off. I've really been itching to play it so I thought to try it again. It is a futuristic scifi game, so no magic or anything like that but it can have advanced tech.

In the year 2036 the flu virus mutated into a variation that was nearly fatal in all cases. Over the course of twenty years the human population was decimated as the CDC, WHO and other governmental organizations were overwhelmed. In the United Sates big pharma took over creating safe zones in many of the major cities throughout the country. Local governments gave way to the pharmacy companies letting each of them run their safe zones as they saw fit. Between the safe zones and their treatments the virus disappeared. The truth is nothing the pharmacy companies did solved the virus problem. Natural selection won out and only those with a natural immunity survived while the pharmacy companies took credit. Not wanting to give up power big pharma allowed the world to believe they were the only thing keeping the population alive. Some one hundred years later the safe zones still exist, each one acting as its own country.

Our game is going to focus on the city of Denver where the company of Aceso-tech is in charge. Some of the safe zones work together with each other but in the end they are out only for themselves and corporate espionage is rampant among them. They are always trying to develop ways to infiltrate each other. Aceso-tech has recently begun human trials in their latest method of spy craft. They have created a device which can be implanted into the brain of two subjects allowing them to hear each other's thoughts. The goal is to drop the pair into a rival city to spy on them. However they hadn't accounted for the human aspect of linking two minds. At the start the pair of subjects bonded well and were quite a pair together, though over time the strain of always being in each other's heads caused them to resent each other.

The characters we will be playing are two young adults 19 to 24 years old taken from a youth camp for children who are wards of the company. They have been raised by the company for most of their lives and know little else. Everything they have needed has been provided for them from food to education. It is another common practice of the pharma companies to create their own work force of people that otherwise would have been thrown away. Give them a better life then they would have had in exchange for working for them. At the start of the game our characters would have no reason not to trust Aceso-tech though that could change during the game. Both the subjects were selected from the enforcement branch of the youth camp and trained as soldiers. I was kinda thinking one would be the elite soldier type, expert in marksmen, explosives and tactics, while the other would be the more tech oriented one focusing on computers and engineering.

What I am thinking is our pair fell in love at the beginning of trials but grew apart due to never having a moment alone. Separating them or removing the device isn't an option as it would cause lasting brain damage to the subjects. Not to mention Aceso-tech isn't ready to call the project a failure.

I am open to playing any pairing involving a female that I would play as I am not really good at playing males. I do prefer an FxF pairing but I would be okay with a MxF pairing. Oh and I am also looking for a name for the game.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I have interest!

Just a few questions.

Are the characters we making bonded?
    If not were they bonded in the past and are now unbonded?
    Are they still bonded with another?
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes, I am thinking the project has been going on for at least six months. Giving them time to fall for each other and then to have a falling out. They would still be linked to each other, it isn't reversible. We could do either way with when they met. Whichever you prefer I am okay with both.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Okay so we had a sweet start ending into a rocky relationship but we have been working together for a while, sounds good.

Did you have a template or how did you want us to proceed.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

We need a name for the game then I'll make the OOC thread. Are you looking to play the warrior or tech guy?
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 12-28-2018 at 07:19 PM.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Corporate Bonds?

Human Machine?

Industrial Nocturne?

My names all kinda suck lol

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Broken Bond?

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I can get behind it

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

We Are Warriors