Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCC: Broken Bond ( Kortaga and ADN)

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default OCC: Broken Bond ( Kortaga and ADN)

In the year 2036 the flu virus mutated into a variation that was nearly fatal in all cases. Over the course of twenty years the human population was decimated as the CDC, WHO and other governmental organizations were overwhelmed. In the United Sates big pharma took over creating safe zones in many of the major cities throughout the country. Local governments gave way to the pharmacy companies letting each of them run their safe zones as they saw fit. Between the safe zones and their treatments the virus disappeared. The truth is nothing the pharmacy companies did solved the virus problem. Natural selection won out and only those with a natural immunity survived while the pharmacy companies took credit. Not wanting to give up power big pharma allowed the world to believe they were the only thing keeping the population alive. Some one hundred years later the safe zones still exist, each one acting as its own country.

Our game is going to focus on the city of Denver where the company of Aceso-tech is in charge. Some of the safe zones work together with each other but in the end they are out only for themselves and corporate espionage is rampant among them. They are always trying to develop ways to infiltrate each other. Aceso-tech has recently begun human trials in their latest method of spy craft. They have created a device which can be implanted into the brain of two subjects allowing them to hear each other's thoughts. The goal is to drop the pair into a rival city to spy on them. However they hadn't accounted for the human aspect of linking two minds. At the start the pair of subjects bonded well and were quite a pair together, though over time the strain of always being in each other's heads caused them to resent each other.

The characters we will be playing are two young adults 19 to 24 years old taken from a youth camp for children who are wards of the company. They have been raised by the company for most of their lives and know little else. Everything they have needed has been provided for them from food to education. It is another common practice of the pharma companies to create their own work force of people that otherwise would have been thrown away. Give them a better life then they would have had in exchange for working for them. At the start of the game our characters would have no reason not to trust Aceso-tech though that could change during the game. Both the subjects were selected from the enforcement branch of the youth camp and trained as soldiers. I was kinda thinking one would be the elite soldier type, expert in marksmen, explosives and tactics, while the other would be the more tech oriented one focusing on computers and engineering.

What I am thinking is our pair fell in love at the beginning of trials but grew apart due to never having a moment alone. Separating them or removing the device isn't an option as it would cause lasting brain damage to the subjects. Not to mention Aceso-tech isn't ready to call the project a failure.

I am open to playing any pairing involving a female that I would play as I am not really good at playing males. I do prefer an FxF pairing but I would be okay with a MxF pairing. Oh and I am also looking for a name for the game.

Spoiler: Character shell 

Name:
    Appearance:
    Special Qualities:
    History:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh what rating do you want to play?

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

WIP

Name: Esme Javert

Spoiler: Appearance: 

Special Qualities: Tech expert, she is skilled with many different forms of computers. Being able to navigate, program and hack them. Additionally she is quite talented in building electronical equipment.

History: Esme is classified as a A12 in the company youth services rosters meaning she has been in the system her entire life. Her mother was always in and out of legal troubles never finding a place in productive society spending more time in jail than out. At the age of 24 she was arrested again and this time the courts ruled she was not reformable. It was discovered that she was 16 weeks pregnant, being past the point of abortion her execution was postponed until after the birth of the child. The father of the child was unknown and Esme was placed with youth services. From a young age she proved to be quite intelligent and excelled with technology. Many believed she would be assigned to the technological branch however her physical ability and endurance got her placed in the enforcement branch where she was training to operate the equipment used by the military.

Esme has always enjoyed that she has been allowed to learn new things and encouraged to tinker with machines. She felt that the rules of the school with a little strict but not unbearable. Until about six months ago she had thought she would move out of the school on her twentieth birthday and become part of the enforcement services no doubt serving in their tech division. That was until she had been contacted about a special project that would let her move out of the school early and work with experimental tech.
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 12-31-2018 at 07:40 PM.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Name: Vanessa Peacecraft
    Appearance: Brown eyes and Strawberry black hair are her defining features. She is very physically fit and trained.
    Special Qualities: Military grade ops management, she is expertly training in the use of both Melee and Ranged tactical support. While ops management means she had a head for macro movement of troops and leadership, she finds she lacks the ability beyond basic infiltration or espionage. She lacks the tactical ability to deal with people.
    History: Vanessa is classified as an A12 in the company youth services rosters meaning she has been in the system her entire life. Vanessa knew her father and mother but has since sworn them off. They lead normal lives and despite her father’s training and breeding has opted to live peacefully and not use his talents to the most. She plans to follow in her father’s mistakes.

The reason she was put into Youth services was her father’s impressive track record and with that, raw talent. As an exchange for his ability to, “Leave” the military, he offered his first born to take his place. Thus how Vanessa was not directly raised by her parents. Showing early signs of physical ability, sharp quick wit, and an ability to gage situations she was quickly following the path of Military service.

Upon being approached and offered a chance to test out an experiment which could change the way Military is done forever, she simply could not refuse. Plus it meant she would get field work which she was itching to get involved in.

Let me know if there are any problems with this.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Looks good, do you want them to have know each other before the project or they met because of it? They would be a year apart in school but it is possible they could have known each other.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Maybe seen at a distance maybe have at least known each others name but the project is what really brought them together.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I like that. I am about to head into work so I won't be able to get the IC up until later tonight or tomorrow. Unless you want to get the ball rolling.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Do you know what a rough setting it should be to start so that way if I make it's not super off the path you have lightly envisioned?

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I haven't really envisioned anything concrete. I tend to play by the seat of my pants that way if things stray I am not thrown off. Sorry this last week has been really rough for me. Alot of family stuff going on. I haven't have a chance to write anything.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

No worries at all. RL before stories. I just have a few more places to put stuff and I may have some time to work on an opening post. Hence I was just asking.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Has the project already taken place and we have history or are we starting at our first meeting and being sent out together?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast