Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [M] Guardian of the Sacred Sword (Holey & yzaidkane)

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight nodded as the nymph went on to confirm what he had already suspected in regards to the sword, and the way it was tempered. There were ways to use water to temper a weapon, after all... such as coating it in clay to prevent it from cooling too quickly, for when you wanted the weapon to absorb the magical properties of the fairy spring. "Makes sense," he remarked, figuring it was as good an explanation as any.

As she went on to speak of enemies, he noticed something moving at the far edge of the spring. "Well, enemies like that one over there," he remarked, before incanting "Nil'gnos" in the language of dragons. In response to his incantation, several bolts of magical force energy appeared, blasting the creature in the chest and causing it to fall forward, dead, revealing a disgusting goblinoid creature.

"It seems I have some work to do," he said as he stood up. "Those things are never alone... where there's one, there's an army. That one was just a scout... there rest are no doubt close behind. You're welcome to stay here while I deal with them... they're pretty weak individually, though large numbers of them can be quite dangerous." With that, he began to make his way in the direction where the goblin scout had come from.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

fantasy (modern and ect) and others just ask
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I only jump slightly at the sudden burst of power. "I am not a maiden in need of protecting!" I stand up and follow you using my magic to cover the spring in glamour.

You see something shift in the way I walk and act I no longer look cute and innocent. Now I look more like a predator that has found some prey. I look determined and my eyes are cold you see the shimmer of magic and I listen "they are that way...." I point to where I mean. You see as the roots move from our way and how it seems I am not only tied to my spring for power.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Giving a shrug at the words of the nymph, the knight showed little reaction to her outrage. "They probably have steel weapons, though," he remarked. "So at least allow me to hold their attention." The secret to a fairy's weakness was no great mystery... the old poems spoke of cold iron being the bane of fairy kind. In truth, it was a poetic name for weaponized steel... the weapons of mortal man, and the embodiment of industry and change for a race that was resistant to change. Wounds caused by weaponized steel could easily prove fatal to a fairy... which was why Gavane felt it better for himself to be the target of such weaponry, as his armor was more than sufficient protection.

Nodding at the nymph as she began to act more predatory, the knight remarked, "So it seems. If you want to help, I suggest using your Glamour to stay out of sight, and confuse our enemies. I'll handle the up close and personal work." Heading off in the direction the naiad had indicated, it wasn't long until Gavane found himself surrounded on all sides by goblinoid opponents wielding steel knives and short swords.

"I'm afraid those won't help you much against me," he said as an iron-tipped arrow glanced harmlessly off his helmet. Tapping in to his Foundry circuit, he conjured forth a large polearm seemingly from nowhere, and swept it through three of the creatures with a single stroke, the magically-sharpened head of the polearm making quick work of the creatures. One of them aimed a crossbow at him, but he stepped aside at the last moment, the crossbow bolt hitting one of the goblin's companions in the head instead of the knight. It seemed he was the focus of their attention, for the time being at least, which was exactly how he wanted it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I dissapear from sight a laugh on my lips. "I will stay of of sight then..." I conjure mist and illusions to startle and confuse the enemies. You catch only glimpses of me a shimering form here some golden eyes there. My power spirals and shimers the nature abd ambient working in your favor and against our enemies.

You hear my dissebodied voice and laugh as i do all of this.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight continued to face the goblinoid enemies head on, his weapon preventing any of them from getting too close. Occasionally a goblin would attempt to outflank him, but with the help of the nymph's distracting magic, and through his own skill in maneuvering the battlefield against multiple opponents, he would simply make a quick turn with a lethal stroke, often cleaving the goblin in half.

It was clear the goblins realized that he wasn't their only opponent, yet when they attempted to search for the girl who had called herself Aqua, it only left them open, and with expert precision Gavane capitalized on their openings, thrusting through one of them before removing the head of another with a brutally efficient swing of his polearm. The ranged weapons of the goblinoids were of little consequence, as the illusions of mist made it difficult for them to see the knight, much less get a clear shot.

Before long, all that remained visible on the forest floor were the bloody remains of goblinoids, and the knight standing above them. "That was... effective," he said to the naiad. "Looks like that's all of them. You can probably show yourself, now."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I appear in front of you a smile on my lips my features are still darkskined and I float a few inches above the ground. "You fight well knight it has been a while since I've been in combat."

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight was unsurprised as the nymph appeared once more before him. It seemed like her features may have been slightly different than before, though her skin color remained unchanged. Her display of glamour, however, told him that she really could appear just about however she wanted before him, and there was no telling what her true form was. He supposed he could use abjuration magic to dispel her illusions, or divination to see through them... but it seemed rude to do so, so he refrained for the time being.

"This was nothing," he said, gesturing over the scattered corpses of the unseelie goblinoids. "Our enemies have much stronger opponents... orcs, dragons, and evil men, to name a few. Many of them are likely to have magic of their own at their command, so it won't always be this simple. This may have been the first combat you've seen in awhile... but it's unlikely to be your last. Shall we head back, for now?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I nod a bit " i need to prepare if we are going to go out of this area..." i look up softly my head tilting my eyes glow and you hear a strangled choke behind you and you see a harpy fall from a branch she is gagging and burst into a cloud of feathers. " watch the skies... harpies as scouts..."

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Thinking over the words of the nymph, the knight raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? We need to stay and protect the sword, no matter what they send at us. There's a lot of enemies, true, but it's not like we're the only good guys in the world. Most likely, they'll send waves of increasing difficulty at us, rather than hitting us with everything at once, which will allow us to level up our teamwork and give us a chance to rest between fights. That's typically how these things work, right?"

He glanced over to where the bird woman fell, using his Foundry circuit to conjure forth a crossbow. Aiming it upward, he released a bolt which took another one down, yet the rest simple scattered and fled. "Well, our enemy will know this pond is not unguarded, now," he remarked. Glancing over to the naiad, he said, "The next wave will be a bit stronger, no doubt... we should get back to your water to recover our strength and magical energy. It's the source of your power, is it not?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"All of the lands I protect is my power source... I was blessed by the gods to be able to draw magic and energy from where ever I am... they knew that at times I might have to move the sword from place to place to keep it well guarded and protected... if there is nature I can replenish magic and such..."

I look down at the ground at my feet "as well as... I am circumstantially immortal... as long as the sword is under my guard I cannot die..." I seem rather sad at this as if I did not want to be immortal or as powerful as I currently am. with a soft sigh and a puff of breath, I start walking back to the spring knowing you will follow me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast