Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Guardian of the Sacred Sword (Holey & yzaidkane)

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Default [M] Guardian of the Sacred Sword (Holey & yzaidkane)

After a long journey, a certain knight known as Gavane was finally approaching his destination. An otherwise nondescript pool of pure water... so pure and pristine that it could not be of natural origin in a world filled with magic. It was precisely because of the unnatural nature of this pool that he sought it out... for it was said to be home to a Naiad, or water nymph, who was the custodian of a certain Sacred Sword.

Like many other magical swords, this one in particular was not meant to be wielded by the undeserving... and though Gavane was no amateur when it came to swordplay, his objective was not to wield the sword, but to protect it. For there were forces of evil at play who were seeking to destroy the weapon, or even worse, corrupt it through various acts of malice.

As he came closer to the pool, the knight dismounted from his conjured steed, approaching on foot with his hands raised in a nonthreatening manner. From what he had heard of nymphs, they tended to be quite shy, and if the naiad had no intentions of revealing herself to him, he may never see her.

"I'm here to seek out the naiad of this spring," he said aloud to no one in particular, figuring she would hear him even if she chose not to reveal herself. "My goal is not to cause harm, but to provide protection from those who would."

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

fantasy (modern and ect) and others just ask
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You hear a disembodied voice it is soft like the murmur of the spring. "Come closer... Step into the water. Let it be a judge of your character..." You can't see me even as I stand in front of you camoflaged with the water. I observe you curiously from under the mirror like surface. Very few come most come to try and take the sword but none have ever come to protect it.

The pond even if clear doesn't show it's bottom for it is deeper than anyone but naiads and mermaids could survive. The water too pure and magical for anything unpure or vile to touch it. Lillypads cover the center And many flowers and trees cover it's border. I await to see what you will do.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight listened as the voice of the nymph spoke to him. He had expected some sort of test to prove his intentions, and was well aware of the fact that once he stepped in to the water, the lady that dwelled within would be able to read his thoughts and feel his emotions... there would be no hiding, from that point on. It was, in a sense, a test of purity... in thought, word, and spirit, and though he knew he was good enough as a person, it still made him feel self-conscious.

"Alright then..." he said, slowly stepping in to the water. His thoughts and consciousness were fragmented in comparison to typically humans, but his intentions were true. "What's your name?" he asked the naiad. "Will you show yourself, now that you've seen so much of me?" He could indeed sense the presence of the fairy creature in the water, not far from him, and though he knew a spell or two that could have revealed her, he chose instead to wait for her to do so of her own will.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I smile as your intentions show true. I nod and move so I am floating just above the surface of the water. "I am the keeper of this pond and the keeper of the sword... You heart and mind ring true yet you do not wish to wild the sword?"

My whole look is strange I am rather different to the other naiads you have met my skin a dark chocolate color and glimmering white hair my face is pretty and ageless very few had seen me and even less had lived to tell the tale.

My golden eyes stare at you rather curiously and you don't fail to realize I wear nothing only my long hair covered pieces of my breast.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Watching as the nymph revealed herself to him and floated over the water, the knight settled his gaze on her, taking in her appearance, or at least what she chose to show him. From what he knew of fairies, she could pretty much look like whatever she wanted to by using glamour magic, so there was no saying what her true form looked like. It was clear she didn't mind showing him her bare body like this, so he had no reason not to admire it.

"I don't claim to be the chosen one, or whatever," he said with a shrug, reaching into his pack to pull out a hair brush as he noted the way her hair clung to her bare breasts. Handing her the brush, he added, "Simply getting to look at the sword would be enough for me." He was curious why she didn't say her name, but figured he shouldn't press the issue too much.

"I'm Gavane, by the way," he said, "But you probably knew that already." Perhaps she hadn't said her name because he had not yet formally introduced himself to the naiad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I bow my head as I stare at the brush a smile on my lips. "You may call me Aqua..." I grab it in my hand my fairy counterpart loving the offering.

"Thank you for the offering... As for the sword I am sorry... Only the chosen one may weild or get to it... I am only here to guard it..."

I look at you walking a circle as I look at you "I do not know if the sword will reveal itself to you... But you are welcomed to try... Your pure intent and offering get you through my part of the trial..."

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Continuing to gaze at the bare form of the water nymph, the knight was glad to see her readily accept the ornate golden hair brush, though he wasn't sure if she had much use for it if she could simply glamour her hair into looking like whatever she wanted it to. Still, it was pretty, and she seemed to be happy with it, so it worked for the time being.

"Nice to meet you, Aqua," he said to her, continuing to admire her form as she walked around him. "I'm not sure what the trial consists of, but like I said, my primary goal is not to claim the weapon, but to protect it. I have other weapons which should serve my purpose in doing so, after all." Though the nymph was the guardian, Gavane was far more suited to violence than the peaceful fairy creature, so he would be the one to guard the guardian, and slay her enemies.

"Any suggestions how to pass the time? I expect the forces of darkness will come eventually... until that happens, we seem to have a bit of free time."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"do not be fooled by apearnces young knight... I have protected the sword from the moment of it's creation... It was in this water that it was tempered..." I smile and start brushing my hair happily

"I do appreciate the offering... It's been long since any mortal has come to my shore... And even more for them bearing gifts..." I walk to the shore and sit on one of the rocks clothing forming across my skin garments as light as the mist near the waterfall.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Watching as the nymph began to brush her hair, the knight continued to appreciate her appearance, noting how her breasts became as exposed as the rest of her body as she brushed the hair that covered them. He was disappointed, however, as the clothing began to form around her, concealing the skin that she had chosen to reveal to him, but made no comment on it as he climbed up onto a nearby rock to take his seat.

"Glad you like it," he remarked, not sure what else to say or do as she had chosen not to answer his question, for whatever reason. "Aren't swords normally tempered in hot oil?" he asked, realizing that if it had been tempered in ordinary water, the cooling process would have been too fast, and caused the metal of the sword to shatter. Then again, the water of her spring was far from ordinary, so perhaps the magical properties had done something to offset the rapid cooling process.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"not this sword... The water in my spring is different from the normal ones... I am a protector of the ancient feary spring... I am the one who can give power to the water... A sword of truth and life had to be purged differently" I look over at the water and it shimmers with magic and power.

I place the brush into the water and it shimmers into the dark depth. "What are these enemies you speak off?" I look up at you rather curious my slightly pointy ears perk up as I turn to look at you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast