Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [M] War in the Shadows - Patriots IC

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Spoiler: Sarna Astros - Baraspine 
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 02-01-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Sanity's Eclipse
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

“Well, well,” Enki mused as he extracted the data and inloaded it. “It would seem we have some priority data to share. Let’s wrap this up, Zahir!”

Zahir drew in the electric energy streaming off his body, corded muscles tensing and flexing involuntarily as the current running his body grew stronger. The glow of his flesh grew brighter, patterns among the electoos appearing more defined along his arms and covering his exposed back. It was an old tradition from Zahir’s specific sect within the Luminen to carry a design upon the back emblematic of your values or convictions. Zahir carried upon his back the image of some long forgotten deity or monster from ancient tales who would punish the wicked who strayed from the right path and with it the weight of casting absolute judgement upon those he raised his hand against.

He finally thrust his arms forward and projected the gathered electric energy forth in a great blast of lightning accompanied by the gleeful shrieks of the voltgeists as their talons ripped into the machinery of the generatorium. Amidst the display, Enki strode towards the main generator engines as his HUD picked out the most pleasing areas to place a few charges and cause the most destruction. Enki set the melta charge upon the engines and set to modifying the detonation, his mind flicking back to the demon on Zahir’s back. A pledge to never waver in casting judgement upon the wicked and unrighteous and it was a conviction Zahir would never waver in. It strengthened Enki’s own resolve, as well, to prove that the Mechanicum had strayed from the Truth.

<Outside,> he spoke just as Zahir’s manic explosion of power died away. <This will be a glorious show.>

The showing from Zahir had left multitudes of volatile fluids and cores exposed. One wrong spark would be catastrophic for the generatorium which was just what Enki had hoped for. Once outside the building, Enki brought up a small haptic interface and detonated the charge with the press of a button. The conflagration that resulted from the blast of the fusion charge was a multi-colored show of light and fire that crippled the power supply perhaps indefinitely.

<The Omnissiah’s grace be in all things,> Enki said, turning to face Sova, <and I believe that means we have some valuable information to pass along. If our misguided brothers and sisters are to take such action they need be met with due resistance.>

‘And if we are to be labeled demons in this quest to show them their misguided ways,’ the Magos thought, his mind running a bit dark, ‘then so be it. It is a consequence I will shoulder gladly to return them to Omnissiah’s light. Even if they are nothing but ashes and atoms.’
    Hit me up on discord: Mags#3126
    I'm just easier to get a hold of there. Just lemme know who you are

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Spoiler: Enki Volkner, Omikron Zahir - Perinetus  
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 12-19-2019 at 10:31 PM.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

The pair were already taking off before Sova’s finger had fully pressed the trigger on his pistol. A parting gift from one of Enki’s weapon arms just to slow the loyalist entourage down was a blast from his rad-cleanser just to muddle their sensors. The Magos had neither the time nor inclination to engage in the sustained blast it would take to irradiate the unknown woman and her Skitarii to death. Zahir even left a couple voltgeists behind to just be menaces while the pair took off.

Trying to elude them would only work so long, that much was clear to Enki right away. He did a wide scan of the port to identify an intact vessel with which to make their escape. Enki tagged the nearest vessel to their location and fired it to Zahir’s sensory implants in case they needed to separate. In fact, such a necessity was called for as they split up to divide the new threat. All their communication was non-verbal and they both agreed that engagement was not advisable given what the priestess did to Sova.

But all the same, both were at the ready as they cut paths through the devastated base toward their destination point.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Sarna held up a hand, bringing the bodyguards to a halt.

"Let me move ahead. Stay with the principals. Head out the servants entrance and make sure you disable the security as you go. Helps prevent accidents if we have to back up in a hurry."

The two bodyguards nodded and turned to guide their charges forward. Sarna instead clambered back through the pipe, then moved up the stairs out of the cellar. Sure she was a decent distance away, she paused in the kitchen to open a vox channel to the sniper team.

+Go for overwatch+

"Two bodyguards with shrouded weapons. Unfavourable conditions"

There was a dark chuckle over the link.

+I thought you might have bit of more than you can chew. Get them in the open, and we can do the rest.+

Nodding as much to herself as to her unseen support team, she turned and moved to the top of the stairs.

"My support team says the way is clear, but not for long!" She yelled. "Move yourselves!"

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Enki’s gravity gun flipped to maximum settings and fired at the charging murder servitor. The blast was more than enough to fling the machine back, rupturing what organics it still had, and slam the body into the door it had forced its way through. The metal warped and twisted again, creating a fine seal while the Magos thought for a moment. If his spine was still organic there would be a shiver going down it as the music still played albeit warbled and broken.

“I admire her optimism,” Enki said as he set all the crafts to prepare to launch after a short communion with the local machine spirits. “And when we meet next, I will enjoy breaking her apart.”

“So how are we getting out of here?”

“We’re flying of course. We just need a distraction. Wait here in case anything else tries to get inside. I want to make sure the manual controls won’t stop us.”

Enki thumped away with his usual heavy footsteps. Standard protocol required the satellites to be set to launch manually or at least Enki assumed that was the case when he found no noospheric access to the launch controls. It was a small inconvenience that could prove useful given that the analog controls in the control room would let him set much more precise launch commands than over the noosphere link. Manually setting things to his specifications was something Enki had always enjoyed about his work, particularly when it came to demolition as could be seen in the numeric sequences for any timed detonation he set up.

Enki changed his course from the control room and headed to the gantry that led to the manual overrides for the launches. He wanted to check if those were in working order before trying to set a launch sequence via the control room. The Magos did not need a sudden unforeseen problem to arise because he had not been thorough enough.
    Last edited by Atrum Daemon; 02-16-2019 at 03:32 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Spoiler: Sarna Astros - Baraspine 

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

The situation had gone from passable to just irritating in the space of a few micro-seconds. The hulking Magos gestured to the cabling around the tower as a silent order to Zahir. The Luminen nodded and headed off to send a directed overcharge down the cabling to dislodge and utterly decimate the servitor splicing the control modules. Meanwhile, Enki was left to deal with the approaching murder-servitors and was regretting leaving home without his own refractor field. But his body had been built to take plenty of punishment in the absence of one at the very least
    Enki’s footfalls created small dents in the metal under him as he stomped towards the golden machines, his grav-gun coming to bear again. The weapon hummed as it was flipped to its maximal settings and then by Enki’s silent command set to “inverted.” Rather than be blown away by the graviton blast, the target would become crushed under sudden and extraordinary localized weight.

Oh how he detested the tech-priests who used servitors and other such drones to fight for them. They wished to claim they were doing the Omnissiah’s work but rarely had the clout to fight properly. How he yearned to get his hands on the spindly bitch downstairs and rip her apart piece by piece!

But he would need a few firmware upgrades first. He had no desire to be killed by his own arm like she had done with Sova.

The grav-gun fired as electrical energy coalesced around Zahir’s limbs. The blast caught one servitor and made it buckle over as it was crushed into a deformed ball. Enki switched the inversion off and fired again but the other servitor juked aside and only lost part of its arm to the blast. More of his sacred vestments were ripped by the gunfire of the shoulder-mounted armament as he kept the thing’s attention diverted from Zahir who was almost finished collected enough power.

His grav-gun was soon joined by the hissing fire of his meltagun as the servitors scrambled up the sides of the platform. Finally, there was a massive discharge from behind him that momentarily scrambled his optics. The power surge coursed through the cables and down the side of the building to reach the offending servitor there in a wonderful blast of blue light and bright sparks.

Now they just had to fight their way to the controls and get the launch sequences started. All in a day’s work for a Magos Reductor and his adjunct, really.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast