Thread: Testing the Waters for an idea I had

Antivan Crow
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Testing the Waters for an idea I had

So a couple months ago, I got into the Fate series. I liked the concept of Heroic Spirits, but wondered "If they are based mostly on the legends that surround them, such as the legend of Beowulf or Cú Chulainn... then could more modern legends and tales also develop new Heroic Spirits?"

Honestly, I want to make a long story short here. I am not looking to GM this idea myself. Mainly because I am still fairly new to the Fate series and wouldn't want to muck anything up. What i am looking for is someone well-versed in the Fate series to bounce ideas off of and perhaps to help me run the finished product or even run it themselves with me as a sort of assistant or simply a player.

You can PM me here, but I may not find it to quickly. Adding me on Discord is another option, and my name there is Salroka#8727
    Last edited by Beta; 01-03-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Please note, I would also want this to be a more humorous game rather than one which is unrelentingly serious.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

RIP, I guess.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Give it a couple of days Beta

I also believe that adding the name of the idea to the title would draw more audience to it

Welcome back btw

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I also believe that adding the name of the idea to the title would draw more audience to it
    Not sure how to do that after a thread has been posted. Plus it is literally just an idea right now. No real direction just yet.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Well if you want to change the title later just contact me

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I would need someone to hammer the concept out with before that happened, hence looking for someone to do that with.
    Last edited by Beta; 01-07-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have watched the Fate series Anime myself and they have been taking on reincarnations of legendary heroes, aka servants (Example: Saber is portraying the King Arthur in the anime but female), from all times, around i believe 7 (Saber, Archer, Lancer, Berserker, Rider, Assassin, and Caster) and having them compete in a series of battles to be the final winner to obtain a special item. Since these individuals are not of "earth" persay, they have to be attached to a master, they are called sorcerers, which has been tattooed with markings on them, three in total that can be used to provide a special move for their hereos in any battle, but if they use all three of the tattoos the hero also dies So they have to be strategic in how they use it. . If the master dies then the hero also disappears, but if the hero dies then it leaves the master out of the race to obtain the item. The item is the Holy Grail and both the Master and Servant both fight for there own wish, if they obtain it.

Now to your question, Are you wanting to make a similar type of story line but with a twist of modern or different heroes to be used and keeping their attributes as they lived and incorporating it into a new light for the development of the role playing concept?
    Last edited by tbahbull; 01-13-2019 at 08:04 PM.