Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (M)The Winter Thaw OOC(a StormyNyte x Siks RP)

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M)The Winter Thaw OOC(a StormyNyte x Siks RP)

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

The Winter Thaw.

A life of luxury meets a life forged in fire and blood as circumstances force a hefty change. Pride and protection meet in the icy tundra north of Avelar and with only each other to watch the other's back and learn to repent for their choices.

Starting with a woman who believes she was above the law of her people. She kills her would-be husband because she thought him below her. But in a nation built on honor and battle killing by poison is considered sinful enough, but to kill an innocent man in his sleep and her own husband is the final straw in a long line of second chances. But because of her father she was sent into exile far from her homeland under the watchful eye of a warrior reaching the end of his duty as Captain of the Guard.

It'll be a shock and a trial for them both, but as word reaches the old warrior's ears that his blade is once more needed only in a land far removed from his peaceful farm. With his new charge in reluctant tow they ventures out for one more battle.

Name:

Appearance(pic and/or description)

Race:

Racial Skills and Abilities (limit of 4)

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5)

Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons)

Armor(one sensible suit of armor):

Equipment:

Personality:

Background:

Other:

All RPA rules apply not to mention having fun.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 01-04-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Name: Volare Ice-Shield

Appearance(pic and/or description)
    Spoiler: Volare 

Race: Snow Elf

Blood of the North: Being a Snow Elf, Volare has an enhanced physicality compared to many Elves. He is stronger, tougher, and more resistant to extreme cold.

Keen Sight: Like all Elves, Volare has keen eyesight.

Keen Hearing: He has very good hearing and can even distinguish some sounds among many others.

Warrior's Wisdom: From centuries of warfare and leading the Elite Guard of the Snow Elf High Chief. Volare is deeply steeped and experienced in all forms of combat, tactics, and weaponry.

Captain of the Guard: Aside from the martial prowess born from his station Volare knows the laws of Avelar by heart along with each races own laws. He also has a working knowledge of the laws in the other nations.

Two-Handed skill: Volare's choice of weapon is a two handed greatsword and he is a master of it's use.

Spearman: When a sword just won't do Volare is very skill with spears and polearms.

Archer: A skill every Snow Elf warrior learns he's a skilled bowman.

Farmer: A skill he learned on his own he is a good farmer.

Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons)

The greatsword in the image, a large Snow Elf bow with 30 arrows, and a wicked looking hunting knife.

Armor(one sensible suit of armor): The hefty armor in the image.

Equipment: Fire making tools, spare clothes, dried food, weapon maintenance kits, water skin, a compass, and arrow making tools.

Personality: Volare is a wise old man wrapped up in the body of a life long warrior. He is stern, but not inflexible. Many could call him grim or stoic, but mostly Volare is just tired. He's been looking forward to retiring for years. Though an old war hound is still a war hound and his warrior's honor keeps him from growing complacent or lazy so if he's not training he working.

Likes: Peace, training, nature, the snow, farming and good warm mead.
    Dislikes: Excessive noise, laziness, the rain, fighting, and arrogance.

Background: Born the second son of the Ice-Shield brood, but he didn't stay that way for long. His elder brother Viggo was more than a two decades older and by the time Volare was born Viggo was a celebrated warrior who sadly died in one of the last skirmishes of the Diamond Wars between Elves and Dwarves. From then on it was just Volare and his younger brother Vladimir representing house Ice-Shield.

Volare was the warrior and Vlad the rogue, each sprinted down their chosen path, but only Volare remained. When Vlad came of age he took work in a mercenary band and was never seen in Snow Elf lands again. Last he family knew he was still alive, but that's it. So with all the hopes and dreams of his family upon his broad shoulders Volare grew strong and grew quickly. Starting his life in the Chief's Guard at the tender young age of eighteen and spending well over two centuries serving before he was promoted to Captain and learned first hand how heavy the yoke of leadership is.

His first year he lost half his squad to a rogue band of Ogres. It was such a freak accident he wasn't even punished for it. Ogres never group up many thing it was some kind of magic plot set against the Snow Chief. But the deaths of his men still haunted him and the very next day he doubled his own efforts as well as the efforts of his remaining soldiers then hunted down the Ogres slaying them to the last. And with that victory his name grew, but with fame comes weariness so on the eve of his 400th birthday he announced his retirement. The Snow Chief agreed and set his trusted Captain up with a decent sized farm just on the borders of Avelar and the White Peaks. He was content but once word reached him of the Snow Chief's errant daughter killing her husband and being exiled reaching his ears he knew his peace was at an end.

Other: While never wed he has had many female Elves in his bed over the years.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 01-04-2019 at 03:17 AM.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

The Dragon Lady
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Name: Arayna Wraithhearted
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Arayna 

Race: Snow Elf

• Necromancy: Though snow elves are not as well known for their magical prowess, Arayna has become quite an accomplishment dabbler of the dark arts amongst her kind. It's one of the many grievances against her.
    • Death sense: Through her practice with the occult, she has developed an uncanny ability to discern if someone is close to their own death, even if they themselves dont yet know it.
    • Nature Sympathy: Though snow elves are not known for their magical prowess amongst their kin, her continued study in the arcane has given her a very rudimentary ability to bend certain aspects of their natural world to her will.
    • Blood of the north: Like Volare, being a Snow Elf has given her an enhanced physicality compared to many other elves.

• Tracking: While not having been allowed to join a hunting party, Arayna was still permitted to train in the art of tracking and became quite good at it over the years.
    • Astronomy: she had always been fascinated by the night skies from a very early age. That fascination fed her desire to study the heavens until she could navigate the night better even than the day and could tell the season and gage the time simply by the stars' placement in the sky.
    • Animal Training: Though she's never one to outright admit it, she truly enjoys working with and being in the company of animals. Animals also seem more at ease with her than with most.
    • Archery: Like most elves, she is also a practiced archer. Though certainly not the best, she can still hit her target.

Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons):
    None at present, being freshly exiled and all. Will likely obtain the sword in the second picture once Volare is certain she won't try anything stupid.

Armor(one sensible suit of armor):
    Same status as the weapons.

Equipment: She was sent away with minor provisions, a few extra garments, and the clothing on her back.

Personality:
    Unlike most snow elves, Arayna’s personality is unstable at best. She can be happy one minute and trying to kill you the next. She has quite the haughty and pretentious attitude and still hasn't seemed to learn to hold that sharp tongue of hers in a male's presence.

Likes: Reading, honing her craft, animals, quiet and cloudless nights, and soft music by the fireside.

Dislikes: Displays of physical force (typically directed at her), being ordered around and subjugated, and dreary rain that lasts for days

Background: Arayna was born the daughter of the Snow Elf Chief and, because of this, grew up believing that she was untouchable. Her early years were filled with all manner of mild to moderate civil disobedience with little reproach from others for fear of retribution.

Even for a Snow Elf female, the life she lived was a charmed one and one she certainly had a habit of taking for granted. When she was of age, she was married off to a suitor hand-selected by her father in hopes of it taming her spirit. Those hopes were dashed though, when she caught her new husband taking liberties with one of the servants. Her scorn drove her to poison him, snatching away his pathetic life before he could waste any more of her own with his folly.

She had hoped that by poisoning him the deed would not have been traced back to her, but it was. Enraged by her actions, the family of her ill fated suitor cried out for justice, but instead of execution, her chieftain father sentenced her instead to live in exile under the command of his trusted Captain of the Chief's Guard

Other: Arayna has a bad habit of doing anything she can to get the upper hand in certain situations.
    Last edited by StormyNyte; 01-04-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

My, my she is a young'n

I'll see if anything needs fixin once she's done, but she'd have nearly the same Racial skills as Volare since they're both Snow Elves like her hearing and eyes.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Haha! I can always bump her age up a century. Maybe I just want to give her a reason to call him a dirty old Mer. like I said, I can always tweak whatever doesnt fit.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Haha Dirty old Mer would be hilarious.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So shall it be!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Nice.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast