View Poll Results: "Vintage" music: yay or nay?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

3 100.00%
  • Nay

0 0%

Thread: Record Collections

heaven can't help me now
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Record Collections

So, records are a thing again, right? I think cassette tapes are coming back, too, but I believe that records are one of the best ways to listen to music - there's a depth to them that isn't present or transmitted by any other recording or listening device.

If you haven't listened to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours on vinyl, you haven't listened to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours at all.

Anyway, my dad just got me several albums on vinyl for Christmas, things he believes should be in my collection and pieces that were in his when he was my age, but I was wondering: what albums do you think would be in the ultimate record collection?

Also, do you have a record collection?

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I do have a record (vinyl) collection, but I am of an age where that was a thing when I was growing up. All of mine are old...lol. I am not sure what I would consider to be required for the 'ultimate' collection, but I have a lot of Elvis, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, and an assortment of 80's music. I also have a lot of cassette tapes. Most of the albums (and tapes) that I really enjoy I have purchased in CD form.

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post

So, records are a thing again, right? I think cassette tapes are coming back, too, but I believe that records are one of the best ways to listen to music - there's a depth to them that isn't present or transmitted by any other recording or listening device.

If you haven't listened to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours on vinyl, you haven't listened to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours at all.

Anyway, my dad just got me several albums on vinyl for Christmas, things he believes should be in my collection and pieces that were in his when he was my age, but I was wondering: what albums do you think would be in the ultimate record collection?

Also, do you have a record collection?
    Yes, I do!

I bought my then-boyfriend (now husband, I guess... Jesus, that feels so weird to say) a record player for Christmas like three years ago. He loves it. The sound quality is so fresh and so clean clean

The collection of records I also gave him to use are actually really sentimental to me, too. They belonged to my (step) grandmother... who I was actually closer to than any of my true blood grandparents.

I looked after her when she was dying (and actually was the only person there when she died) and she let me choose what I wanted of her items. I chose a necklace and the records (but left her record player as it was too bulky to take to Ireland). They’re sitting in my apartment in Dublin now.
    Last edited by Leanna; 01-05-2019 at 08:14 PM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy