Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: {M} Our Next Battle {EerieWillows x Natora}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and medieval (but still like a modern fantasy from time to time.)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"And no one would actually know my feet were off the ground," she whispered conspiratorially to her oldest brother. When he chastised her for asking what her brothers and father spoke of, she smiled softly with a little blush in her cheeks. He may not be born to them but he was as much an older brother as Amen was. Either way, Amen looked just as interested in answering her question as Shadox was so she left it. She might be able to ask again in private.

Amen took Lita moving around Shadox as his opportunity to mention the change in plans for the night. He offered Lita another hand so she could walk between them for the entrance. "Father has thought it time for me to take a closer step to kingliness and as such Shadox will be sharing the first dance with you. I will be enchanting one of the lovely ladies into a beginning dance instead of our normal enchanting entrance," he informed his younger sister.

Lita beamed up at Shadox when she was told. "Well at least there will be competition for which one of us is wearing more gold at the beginning," she said with a smile. Shadox had never been this dressed up before and it made more sense now as to why father had done it. "But in all honesty, Shadox, you do look very good in royal attire," she complemented sincerely. It was easy enough to see that she had affection for him. Just as much as she had for Amen in the end.

Her eyes didn't have too long to linger before a servant came up to them and quietly muttered, "It is time your graces," with her head bowed before going and helping another maid pull the doors open in front of them to allow for their grand entrance. The future of the realm presented for all to see. All available and one more so tonight than the other two. Still all three would have many suitors tonight.

Amen made sure that his arm under Lita's was willing to bear some of her weight to help with the heels. Truly they should have had her dancing in them long before the night of the presentation. He wondered absently why his father would have neglected to mention what she was going to be wearing. Of course, there was always a chance that if he had she might have had the opportunity to convince him otherwise. Even still, why would he want his daughter to look more like a baby giraffe than the gazelle she was and had trained to be.

Either way, together the three stepped forward and presented themselves to those congregated. Amenhotep immediately shifted into a more regal role. He was scanning the room, giving the appearance that he was nodding in welcome to those gathered when in fact he was looking to see if his premeditated choice of a dance partner was there for him to entice. She was a noblewoman from a well off family with plenty of children. If anything else was needed to please his father, he was certain to be unaware as to what it was.

But as he scanned the crowd, a bright shine in the midst caught his eye. He was distracted from his previous actions, still walking elegantly down the stairs supporting Necolita but that part of him was on an autopilot. His active attention was now focusing on a woman he had never seen before. He knew he hadn't because if he had he would have remembered. He would have had to. This vision was different from the others. First, her dress sparkled with the confession of riches that she wore. Then there was her vibrant hair that was so unlike the black of the womens' hair that he had around him. He needed to meet her and dance with her. What better way to make his claim than request the first dance with her? If he liked her, he would keep her around. Otherwise he would make sure to let another suitor have a try with her.

When they got to the bottom of the stairs, he nodded in parting to his siblings and took a slow and calculated walk up to the unnamed beauty. Easily cautious. It only made sense. Many of the women here had been coming to court for years. Why had she only shown up now? He stopped in front of her and bowed respectfully. "Would you care to do the honour of dancing with me for the first dance?" he asked her with an almost challenging smile. It wasn't like someone to turn a prince down.

Lita watched Amen go with a gentle smile. When he approached a new woman that she hadn't seen before, she leaned back towards Shadox. "She's pretty," she said quietly, respectfully. No need to gossip so early. It was just a matter of time before Amen would be able to tell if she was a good personality. He was normally a good judge of that.
    Love, Peace, and Happiness!!!

Fantasy, Mature, Smutty, Scifi, World building, Race Building, and many more
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

With their grand arrival, Shad felt more and more uncomfortable with each step. Not only would he have to keep the men away from his sister until there was one of decent quality, but now he would have to fend off women on his own! What was their father thinking? Marrying him off. He knew it would happen one day, but there was little benefit to the family in doing so. He was more suited to living his life protecting Lita... and Amen.

He helped his sister down the stairs with his brother. Honestly, he was trying his best to match their grandeur while he scanned the crowd. He'd barely seen the strange woman before Amen had. What a strange one he'd managed to see. Her golden yellow eyes were uncomfortable, yet there was allure to her. His arms moved to help lita onto his feet, making it seem as if she were dancing with him. He was watching Amon closely. Really... what was he thinking?

"She seems... strange. Yet, who am I to speak. We will have to speak to him later about this." Remarked Shad, smiling warmly down at his sister. Gods.. How long had it been since they danced together? She looked... marvelous. Stunning and regal, she was a true vision of a queen. It was a struggle to keep himself from staring too closely, lest the others around them notice.

The woman was not all that entertained as she sat there, many of the men there trying to speak to her. They were of little consequence. Their silence and a voice from behind however, called her attention. Turning on her heel, her revealing dress seemed to glimmer with the strangest of iridescent light. Oh yes. That was who she wanted to see. Bowing deeply, Belit made a show of their greeting, giving him a sweet smile and sultry gaze.

"If it is what you request, it would be my pleasure, my liege." purred the woman, offering her hand. He was not half bad himself, his handsome face made all the more regal with the addition of gold, gold and more gold. Surely, this would play out just as she wished. Their gazes locked, Belit waited for him to lead the way, walking with a grace that put most to shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amenhotep smiled as the woman turned towards him. The dress may have been alluring but her eyes captured his gaze and he found himself quite unwilling to look away. As she accepted his offer, his smile turned to one of great satisfaction. He wouldn't have known that men were throwing themselves at her but he could have suspected. To know that she would dance with him was exactly what he wanted indeed. He took her offered hand with a smooth and accepting one of his own. He held on to her hand firmly, though not so tightly as to hurt her in any way. With that, he led her the dance floor where his siblings waited.

Lita turned towards Shad as it seemed the 'strange' woman accepted his offer and he led her to the dance floor. She turned to Shadox and allowed him to discretely put her feet on top of his so that she didn't have to worry about her footwork quite so much. Almost chastising him she scolded, "You are not strange, Shadox. On the contrary. You are quite the regular prince tonight. Amenhotep's chest might be more puffed out than yours is but you look every part the prince you are." She said the last part in an undertone so that no one would overhear. It wasn't something that she would normally say out loud in public and so she had to do it quietly.

Once their parents were with them on the floor, the royal couples prepared to dance. Music began in a corner of the room and the men began to lead their charges around the floor. The king and queen near the center while guards stationed themselves close to the corners of the dancing space lest someone get a terrible idea about the royals all being in the same place at once.

Once they were underway in their dance, Amenhotep smiled down at the beautiful woman he was leading. "You must excuse me. I did not ask your name yet. You haven't been here before," he stated simply. It wasn't a question of her being here. "If you had been here. I would have remembered you presence. Welcome to Kayro." They continued the song though in a few movements that were farther apart until he brought her back close to her. "Now. If you would be so kind as to share your name?" he requested.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Oh I'm quite strange, Lita, I just do my best to seem normal" Teased Shad, chuckling as he waited for the motion to start the dance. " However, I must say, I'm not too impressed with the crowd. Amen expects me to hand you off to someone to not anger father... but I will simply play it off as nerves... Do my best to find someone he wont approve of so that you'll be free." His voice was low as he spoke the last bit, wanting to keep from others hearing such a thing. Really, he had no intention of finding her a suitor. There were none worthy. The gods themselves would have to fall to earth in order for a man to be worthy of his lovely Lita.
    Once his father took the stage with his wife, he allowed them all to start before guiding Lita about with quite the sense of grace. He'd never had the chance to dance with her like this before others, and it was just as those terrible dreams of his told him it would be. She was light on his feet and moved with such grace that he could barely keep his eyes off of her. Of course, why would he want them anywhere else? He'd fought his urges for years and years, this was just another test of his will to keep his family together and happy. He would bare with it, as he always had. Turning his gaze, he tried to spy Amen and his mysterious lady, how was he holding up.

A good firm grip, good. A true sign of a strong man, her smirk seemed to only grow, the strange iridescent gown she wore contrasted well against his golden robes and jewels. Could she stand a mortal lifetime with this young man? Surely it'd be easy in this sort of luxury. She would have to see however. She was quite pleased as he began to lead the dance, those golden eyes locked onto his, half lidded and sultry. His small welcome was quite cute, earning a soft chuckle from the mysterious woman.

"Belit, my liege. I appreciate such a grand welcome as a dance with the future king of all." Her voice was as smooth as she looked, a strange undertone to it that danced upon the ears to create intrigue. " I come from far away, and any sort of travel is quite difficult. All too often I have been advised to stay within my home's grand walls. Despite all attempts to keep me at home this time, however, I made it my duty to attend at least this event. I must say, your kingdom is vast, and beautiful." Flattery was clearly as easy as breathing for the vivacious little mink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Necolita felt Shadox's minute muscle movements as he began to lead her around the space. They hadn't had dancing lessons together in a very long time, it just expected by now that the royal children would know how to dance. When Shadox joined the household, he had needed to learn a fair bit of dancing and it held both Amen and Lita back a bit as he learned but Lita had never shown frustration at the fact. Shadox had become an incredible dancer in the end. The proof was how he was leading her across the marble floor now.

But...with the song half over, she was in the need of someone to dance with the next song. And Shadox was going to have to choose who it was going to be. The conversation should start now, then. Maybe he would be more open to some of her own ideas. "So who are you thinking of handing me off to after this?" Lita asked him with a small smile as she looked around at the faces watching them. Almost every suitor from the region had shown up for this week.

"I'm not sure yet. Honestly I would rather simply dance with you myself. At least i know what kind of man I am. Are there any in particular you would prefer?" Remarked the prince in a hushed tone, grimacing at the men that were watching them.

Time to make her call. "Sibme isn't bad," she commented dropping the name of a lord who already had three wives though it was said he treated them well. Father wasn't about to approve that match but she could at least dance with a kind man.

"I'd rather you be someones first wife... I mean... Those women would eat you alive..." Pouted the prince. " You're a princess. Not an average noble."

Well she hadn't thought that he would actually want to match her up with legitimate matches. "Well what about Kert?" she asked, naming another noble that she didn't mind much. He was much older but if he passed on soon then she would be able to return home to live out her days as a widow in the palace.

" Do you really wish to performe wifely duties to such a... Mature man? " Countered the prince, wincing slightlyand grumbling to himself.

Well she hadn't been asking because she had any interest in that sort of thing! "What about Tyrosh then?" she asked starting to run out of actual suitors. He was a military man, proper age, no wives, but had no actual noble heritage to speak of. Her father would still never approve as it had no advantage for him in it.

A pause. Really, he was too aggressive for his taste, but at least he would do for now. A grumble left the prince before he nodded. " If you would prefer..."

I would prefer not to have to dance with any of them! she shouted in her head. Of course she kept her beautifully serene face on anyways and continued with the dance. "Why don't you pair me off with someone father would approve of and then come save me for the rest of the dances tonight?" she offered instead. He sounded hesitant about Tyrosh and it would be easier this way. She blushed a little bit realising that she shouldn't have brought up the conversation probably.

Amenhotep was entranced by this beauty. Truly he had been given a great gift from the gods to have her here and able to dance with him. What more could he really have asked for from this beauty? Her curvy nature didn't seem to bother the prince at all as she carried herself very well around with him in the first few steps on the floor. She was wonderfully graceful and it was easy to tell, even without looking, that everyone's eyes were watching them as they danced. The king and queen were beautiful dancers, sure, but this...this was new and exciting. A beauty from a far off land dancing with the crown prince. Men were jealous as she was beautiful, women were jealous as she wore something much more revealing than any of them had thought to wear.

Either way, it led to good conversation between the prince and the new Belit. He had many questions for her. The first one first, though. "I am very glad you made the trip. Now, it is clear that you are incredibly beautiful, so please tell me how you managed to make your eyes shine with the beauty of all the gold in our kingdom."

"My my, such flattery, my king." Purred the slick little thing, skillfully following his dance. For someone so curvacious, she followed his moves like she was light as a feather. She had expected his questions. Her chuckle was once again soft and subtle. " My eyes? They are my own, good prince. A natural colour where I come from."

A king? Well he was going to become the king so he supposed there was no harm in calling him such slightly early. It was all the more flattering anyways. And he was enjoying the voice, like chimes that sang when a soft breeze went by. It was perfect. "Well I would very much like to see where that is one day. Now, tell me the real reason you're here. Speak plainly if you would be so kind," he asked easily. It was as good a time as any to find if she was available and worth pursuing for more than a single dance.

Cutting the the chase lost her the chance at flattery. Oh well.

" I am here for the same reason as any lady, good prince." Her voice silken as it flowed into his ear, teasing him rather well. Thise golden eyes seemed to sparkle as her smirk grew wide. "For the possibilities."

How perfect, Amenhotep thought. His smile was showing now. It wasn't often that he let one the full way through at a great event such as this but he was incredibly pleased at the thought that she was there for the possibility of marriage. "Well then, as this dance ends, I may ask you for another," he said to her easily.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes, that was exactly what the little creature wanted to hear, bowing to the prince. "Of course, It would be my honor, sire." Mused Belit, her slick smile all the brighter as the music paused for a moment. Her stance only seemed to accentuate her form, a few stands of hair slipping down from the elaborate braids. Such thick red locks seemed to have no root, was that natural as well? Clearly, they were pausing for the other prince to hand the princess off. Who would the other prince choose? Even such an event was interesting for her.

As pleasant as it had been, a lower noble was needed, his eyes scanned the crowd as he looked back, feeling eyes boring into him. A slight scowl crossed his face, many of the men flinching as he lead his sister towards the crowd. He would ask father to never give him this task again. None of these curs deserved his little Lita. He gave her a pained smile, swallowing his breath as he called Tyrosh over. At least he'd intimidated the bastard before, and he knew better than to get handsy with her while he was around.

"I bless you with the next dance of my sister, Corporal Tyrosh. Revel in it and be a proper gentleman to her." Threatened the prince, his words still polite, but the look upon his face stated that this was more of a formality than anything. With that, the man seemed to take his sister's hand, and the other nobles flocked to the floor to dance as well. Shad, however, would not, simply moving to watch from one of the many pillars, a few women near his chattering at him. What an interesting choice, It wasn't a terrible one, but the king wouldn't be thrilled. At least he wasn't one of the lesser nobles, that would have been enraging.

He couldn't stand it, to see her dancing with another when he'd barely gotten to enjoy such a thing. But he knew it would happen. A tug at his heartstrings rang through his chest as the next dance began. Really, this was where he belonged. Separate from them. All of them. That didn't keep his mind from wandering to a rather pleasant fantasy, being able to dance the night away in practice with Lita once again. Ah... that would do for the night. That would help him raise his spirits.

Belit watched with interest, but then observed the prince's reactions. They both seemed uneasy with the choice, then why pick that man? Such strangeness. Something was running foul and she could smell it. No matter, she was here to further her own goals. Taking the prince's hands once again, the spry red head once again moved with the grace of a goddess. As they moved about the floor, she found that this prince became more and more interesting. Her gown sparkled and glimmered in the light of the fires, her eyes much the same. Everything about her was tinged with an ethereal, un-natural sense. Yet it was enchanting at the same time. Her grasp, her well chosen words as they continued to converse, the way she leaned into each turn to flash just a tinge more skin for all but a moment. She was playing the game, the same game the prince himself was playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Once the dance ended, Amenhotep noticed that Belit's attention changed. No longer was he the center of her spotlight eyes. Now she was more focused on something behind him. He turned to see that his brother was choosing Necolita's next partner. Right! There were others here. He watched as Shadox looked around for the man that Lita had convinced him to choose. He had had enough of those whispered conversations during the dance to know what had happened.

Then he found Tyrosh. What was he thinking? Neither father nor Necolita would ever truly choose Tyrosh as a reasonable suitor. What had Lita convinced him of? He could only hope that father didn't tear into Shadox later too much. Either way, Tyrosh looked much too happy to be chosen for Amenhotep's liking. He had bowed to both of them and accepted the dance gracefully but still. Either way, Amen wouldn't be able to say or do anything about it tonight. Shadox was taking care of Necolita. That was just going to have to be the way for now. Shadox could be trusted. It wouldn't be too awful.

He turned back to Belit as Necolita gracefully took back to the floor and smiled to Tyrosh. "It is good to see you again, Corporal Tyrosh," she greeted as she took her place in his arms on the dance floor. It was better than nothing. She didn't honestly believe that father would ever allow her to marry someone of military but his arms were strong and she could use them subtly to keep herself from tripping over these ridiculous shoes. His hand felt warm on her back, if not a little low, as he held her close.

"And you, dear princess," his gravelly voice replied. He was a hearty man, a warrior who had been through a few hard battles and years of practice. He led a small regiment of his father's men that weren't led by her brothers.

There was no conversation that Lita found necessary during the dancing. Tyrosh was graceful and decided to take the opportunity to comment on her beauty and how he had been planning some good ideas in case the war was to begin soon. It fell on curious ears and Lita would happily relay the message on later if Shadox asked. He could fine tune the plans before Tyrosh even had a chance to present them to someone that it mattered to.

It wasn't long until the song finally ended. Before Lita was able to dismiss herself, another suitor approached that Tyrosh was willing, grudgingly for sure, though, to hand her off to. And so began the game of pass the princess. While Lita danced with a new man for every dance for the next ten dances, Amenhotep had found a very deep interest in the beautiful red head that was dancing in his arms. He hadn't let her go for a moment and refused to pay much attention to anything else than the woman with him. She was beautiful and as he continued to speak with her, he found she could keep his interest with new stories. It was being made very clear that the prince had no desire to explore other options tonight.

If there was any doubt he was going to squash it. When the tenth dance was done, it was time to eat before the entertainment and then more dancing afterwards. Though her place was not in the same direction as the table of the royalty, he didn't let her part from him as the dance finished. He turned, keeping her arm in his as he walked towards the table of the royalty.

While he was leading her there, Lita had taken to find Shadox so that they could walk together to dinner. When she joined her arm in his she turned to find where Amen was. She saw where he was going and said, "I'll bet you he fell fast and is already asking father for his permission. He always struck me as the romantic sort."

Amenhotep bowed to his father in front of where he was sitting. "Dear Pharaoh. I ask your permission for Lady Belit to share our table so that I may continue to learn more about her during dinner," he asked loudly enough as would be expected. He was part of the royal family and there was a certain degree of entertainment that they were expected to provide.

The Pharaoh looked over the both of them for a few long breaths before giving what was almost the most subtle of nodes but was as much pride as he was ever willing to show in public.

Amenhotep bowed again and said, "Thank you, greatly, Pharaoh." He smiled softly to Belit before leading her over to one end of the table as servants busied themselves, making sure that there was a place for the new guest.

On the floor, Necolita sighed, holding back a huff. "Well I was hoping," she said quietly before following Shadox's lead back to the table. The royal table was set a bit higher than any other table here. You had to walk up a flight of ten steps at the front of the throne room to a platform that fit enough space for a long table for the royal family to share the meal. Their parents were in the center with Amenhotep and Shadox at their father's left and Necolita on their mother's right. Tonight it was clear that the seating arrangement was likely going to be different. Amenhotep led Belit up to the table and chose to sit in Shadox's normal seat in order that Belit would be at the end of the table and he would be next to her, leaving his normal seat next to father's free for Shadox.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This was going swimmingly. Wasn't it. Shad couldn't stand watching his sister dance with the general, but at least he knew he could kick his ass if he tried anything, which he immediately did, keeping his hand far too low. There would be no scene tonight. But another day. Keeping to the crowd, chatting with the few women that paid him any mind, he busied himself with plots of revenge until Lita managed to escape and find his arms.

The mere sight of her running towards him was enough that he smiled once again. Happily moving towards the banquet table. This evening couldn't be over soon enough. His attention was drawn to a sparkling gown however, the prince shocked to see the same woman still with his brother. Really? He hadn't tried anyone else? What a sucker. He knew he liked strange women, but this one? She was... mystifying.

"I hope not for his sake... She seems... strange. I don't trust her yet." Whispered the prince, biting his lip as he watched the scene before them. Father seemed to approve of the strange woman, but the seating arrangement. This was going to be a painful evening. Hiding his displeasure, he took his seat beside his father, bowing graciously to him and shooting Amen a look for switching things up like this. Great. Now he couldn't avoid his father till the next day.

Belit watched the other princes' reaction and grinned. Something about this boy. She could tell he was not honest with his intentions. She didn't let it linger, however, her attention upon the prince before her. Bowing deeply to the Pharaoh, she was thrilled to be seated with at the head table. All was going according to plan. The sly smile across her face was playful. And really, she was enjoying the game.

"My gracious thanks, your Majesty. Such an honor it is to be seated with you." Belit's voice was silken, as it caressing his ears with her sweet compliment. This boy was falling right where she wanted him to. She would play the maiden for now, until the time came to lure him even further towards her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Having grown more proper than her daughter in their years of marriage together, the queen did not even make an attempt at conversation during dinner, knowing that the proper way for them to be at these functions was seen rather than heard. When in the background, she could be seen having small sharing of ideas with her children but when in the forefront as they were all now, the queen was a proper woman. Instead of speaking to her daughter, she gave a very pleased smile to her.

There had been no tripping, slipping, or falling, Necolita reminded herself as she sat down next to her mother. That had to be what the happy smile was for. She knew there would be no conversation on their part. The only talking that Lita had done tonight had been to greet and thank dancing partners and talking to Shadox as they had danced. It was all quiet and would be subtle. But this smile from her mother was what she had been waiting for. The approval of a parent. When she sat next to her mother, her mother reached across and gave her daughter's hand a happy, loving squeeze. Of course, it was under the table and a small enough movement that no one would realise. Their little secret made Lita smile quite happily.

The Pharaoh was not restricted by such unpleasant rules of court. When Shadox sat next to him, he gave an approving nod to his son as the food was set in front of them. He waited until the food was tasted for them before he began eating and conversing with Shadox. "I do hope that your choice of a first dance next time will be more suited to the station, Shadox. Or do you expect your sister to be married to an officer lower than you and your brother?" he asked plainly. The question was almost rhetorical but allowed Shadox he opportunity to answer if he wished.

He looked up to the area in front as the dance floor was transformed. A stage, of sorts, was pushed forward. It had been sitting in the back of the hall, obviously taking some time to put together. It was set high enough that all in front of it would be able to see. It only came up four stairs to where the performance would be done. There was a curtain that could be drawn across the front but still didn't given anything away as to what would be happening there.

As it was being brought forward, Amenhotep smiled at Belit. "The pleasure is mine," he answered. "There is something about you that is just enchanting," he complimented back to her. He really couldn't put his finger on anything about her that he didn't like. If tonight was about him finding a wife, he needed to spend the time finding what it was about her that he wouldn't like. Of course, all the women were trying to keep their best face up tonight but if he were to marry one, he needed to find the flaw. All women had one. He needed to find hers and see if it would be acceptable to the station. "Will you tell me why you haven't been married yet?" he decided to ask boldly.

When Shadox sat next to him, he took a page from his mother's book and gave him an encouraging pat on the wrist. He intended it to be his knee but he wasn't really looking at his brother at the moment. It also needed to be under the table and subtle enough. His choice hadn't been terrible but it was going to get him at least some grief for sure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Oh how displeased he was to have to sit by his father. The table was a complete disarray with all the changes. But, At least Lita was nearby, and hadn't been pushed around by some man. He bowed towards his Pharaoh, apologizing for his choice. It hadn't been the worst of the worse, he had done was Lita wanted. That was all he ever wanted to do. He really hadn't worried about facing his father for this. He disagreed that she needed to be married off in the first place. Amen was next in line, there was no need for another. Nothing would happen as long as he was around, and even then, he would have rather married instead of her. He wouldn't let anyone catch on.

He remained stoic and calm however, the slight pat on his wrist all the encouragement he needed. It wasn't anything too much, but it showed he had the approval of both Amen and Lita. With that, he could deal with whatever punishment there was to be after this ball. The servants poured his wine and plated the food for them. With being so busy, he hadn't realized how hungry he'd become. He paid no attention to the set up going on nearby, instead enjoying a bit of food and listening to the others around. Especially his brother beside him, the woman beside him was still proving to be... odd.

Belit couldn't help but smirk at the boy's honest way of speaking. Bold, Full of vigor that she could practically taste. Yes... A young prince who needed a wife to become king. A passionate man who'd been bred for this purpose. Perfect. And he certainly knew greatness when he saw it. She chuckled sweetly, her hand barely masking her lips. She could play his game for now. As long as the result was the same.

"My... So forward your highness. I have simply not found anyone worthy within my own land for my hand. As I said... I haven't had the opportunity to travel much at all." Replied the strange woman, her sultry gaze locked on the prince. She graciously thanked the servant who set the wine before her, ignoring it for the time being. He was far more interesting than a simple glass of wine. Tucking a stray hair behind her ear, she hoped that he would continue to speak, to give her something to speak of.

Amen nodded softly, considering her words. It made sense that there wouldn't be someone in her land worthy of her hand. If she was well protected then there wouldn't be a chance to have her explore other options either. "Thank you," he answered gently with a small smile. To have that sort of honesty would be very worthy in a partner. "Tell me of your country," he said to her, wondering what angle she would explain.

"Lush..." Started Belit, smirking slightly as she tried to think of her true home. "A lavish castle, palm trees and crystal waters. We are small, but rich in resource. There is not often disruption, so we live quite peacefully. Of course, our borders are quite well hidden. They say an old god protects our walls from anything that would bring us harm, as he uses it as his own oasis" Her speech continued, describing the land of the gods really. She had come from a nearby temple, that was all. But it was her home she described. She spoke eloquently, richly painting her home with her words. Of course, There wasn't enough time however, and it seemed she would be cut off by the entertainment of the night.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast