Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: {M} Our Next Battle {EerieWillows x Natora}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and medieval (but still like a modern fantasy from time to time.)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'Lush' she answered. Yes, you certainly are, Amenhotep thought to himself as he absently sipped the wine that had been poured, ignoring the servant, really. She had thanked the servant, he recalled. She was courteous as well as gorgeous. How intriguing. Most noble women treated them as lower beings and as of no use to them. Obviously, this was not her point of view. How intriguing. He was about to compliment her when a small bit of music on the floor cut off any chance he had of pursuing the conversation further. He turned his attention that way, almost annoyed with the idea of having to pay attention to some more dancing of others or other such nonsense.

Down on the floor a man dressed in very colourful robes stood on the stage in front of the curtains. There were stripes of all bright colours on his robe that went down the arms and to the trim at the end of the long fabric. He threw his arms wide as the burst of music came to an end and announced, "Ladies and gentlemen!" while looking around the room. Then he bowed low to the front table. "And of course our dear royal family," he added very respectfully. He stood up straight again before continuing, his booming voice echoing as those gathered around sat in silence to see what would happen. "May I present to you Magnico and his Great Magic Act!" he called as the curtains opened from behind him, seeming from no where but the movements of his hands.

Polite applause came from around the room as the music started again and this magic man went back further into the stage. He began his show by making doves appear from the strangest of places. Necolita had suspicions that there was a reason his robes were so large when he didn't seem like a large man. Even still, he continued with the show for a few more tricks, illusions really about things floating and the like. There were many oohs and ahs from the crowd though rarely did they come from the head table. Finally, the man stood to the front of the stage again. "Your grace," the man said as he bowed low. It was obvious from his direction that he was addressing Necolita. "I feel doubt coming from you. Would you be so kind to help me with the next illusion so I might prove it to be true?" he asked.

Necolita's eyes went wide as he addressed her. So bold a decision would receive an interesting reaction for sure. Then he asked permission to use her as a prop. She let a doubting smile bloom on her face before she nodded and looked to her father for confirmation.

The Pharaoh looked to the performer. From the crowd's reaction it was clear that they would enjoy the action as much as the performer was hoping it would happen. He considered a moment before he looked slightly to Shadox. "Escourt your sister down the stairs," he said calmly. A little magic couldn't hurt.

Giving his father a worried look, he nearly protested. Something about this felt off... Why Lita? Why not some stage girl? No one had ever asked for this sort of thing before. Gritting his teeth he nodded to his father. The walk around felt like each step was monitored. Why was he letting this happen? No... He couldn't oppose his father in this setting. He leaned over a bit, the anxiety pinching at him as he watched Lita's seemingly excited face. Well... If she truly wanted this.

"If I may..." He motioned, happy to have his sister on his arm again. At least there was comfort in this.

Necolita stood and waited patiently for Shadox's hand as the crowd clapped and cheered in their approval. "Thank you so much, your majesty," could be faintly heard through the applause from the magician. The magician seemed delighted and went down to the bottom of the stairs where two guards stopped him going any further.

Lita could feel the tenseness in her brother. Her doubting had come to good use but something was obviously bothering Shadox. "It's just tricks, Shad," she said softly enough that no one would overhear. "What could happen?" she asked easily. Due to the arm underneath hers, Necolita managed to make it down the stairs without tripping in any way. There was never a moment she wasn't grateful for her brother. She squeezed his hand as she got to the bottom of the stairs and followed the magician back to the stage.

The man seemed honestly to care about her well being as he kindly said, "Now watch your step, your grace," as he led her back up the stairs to the stage. He brought her to the center of the stage as a few men brought out some panels of cloth. "Your grace," he announced loudly, "We are going to attempt a change in appearance only to have you miraculously reappear as your genuine self at the end. That would be spectacular, wouldn't it?" he asked.

Necolita nodded gently in reply as the crowd seemed to get more excited for this trick. Amenhotep couldn't believe from where he was that his father would allow this. Making his daughter a spectacle? He supposed it was another way to show her off to suitors but still. He was not comfortable with this trick. He didn't like magic in the first place but most of it he could attribute to slight of hand. This...this wouldn't be the same. Perhaps he would have her changed and then unchanged. He really didn't know about this.

"If you would be so kind as to step into the center of the panels," the magician directed, showing her where to stand. Necolita obliged and then stood looking up to her brothers. They both looked the picture of worry. A smile went onto her face easily and she winked at them from where she was. At that moment, the panels were lifted around her by a few extra hands. All she saw around her were the brown colour of the panels.

Out front the magician waved his hands as he had before with a few of the tricks. He mumbled what some thought of as magic words and the fabric on the panels seemed to dance. He lifted a foot as to make it look as if this was taking a great amount of effort. Finally, he stomped his foot and threw his hands forward together and the fabric panels stopped moving. A moment of anxious silence later and the panels fell revealing a woman who was clearly different from the princess.

At the head table, Amenhotep grabbed the edge of the table. She really had changed appearance. But...it was more than that. He leaned over towards Shadox and whispered, "That's not Lita."

The applause from the crowd would drown anything out and the magician stepped forward with the new woman. "Thank you, thank you. And don't worry, your majesties. We will return her to her normal self soon enough. There are just a few more tricks we wish to show you first," the magician stated. With that he continued the show. He did many other tricks with this new assistant of his: changing her outfit out of nothing, having a baby elephant walk across himself with the woman on top, the woman standing while he threw darts around her. It was a while before the show was finished. The crowd was thrilled. When the show finished, the magician came forward and raised hands with his assistant and bowed. "Thank you! That is all we have for tonight!" he called to great applause before turning to walk back through the closed curtain.

As soon as it became apparent that he didn't intend to show them the return of the princess, Amenhotep stood up sharply. What they didn't know was that as soon as the magician had stomped, a trapped door opened under the princess and she fell under the stage. A stage hand met her below and said, "Just this way, your grace, for your reappearance." She began to follow him before she felt a splitting pain against the back of her head and everything went dark around her. That had been long ago now.
    Love, Peace, and Happiness!!!

Fantasy, Mature, Smutty, Scifi, World building, Race Building, and many more
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Magic? Really? how dull. Human attempts at magic were either reliant on godly gifts or were mere tricks. Judging this man, tricks it would be. The stage itself didn't seem right. Nothing seemed right. She kept herself in check, holding her tongue and looking away from the show. Her sly smirk was replaced with a grimace. Gods this was ridiculous. She did her best to hide her distaste, but the prince didn't seem fond of it either.

She watched as the other prince lead the princess up, her golden eyes locked on the scene before her. This mage really was a sham. She couldn't feel an ounce of magic in the room, but as the curtain fell, there was no sign of the princess. Her eye twitched as she stared down the mage. The prince stood to his feet, the woman joining him, clearly not having any of this nonsense. Who were these people to interfere with her night! She needed to have the prince wrapped around her finger by the time things were done. Clearly, she was not the only one displeased with the whole mess

Shad had bit his tongue while watching the show. The whole time all he could do was try to figure out where little Lita was. When they were done and his sister hadn't been return to him, it was time to act. Standing to join his brother, he moved quickly towards the mage, his face dark and brows knit.

"You, Mage. Where is the princess." Hissed the eldest prince, the guards near the entrance taking notice of just how irritated he was. The man simply disregarded him. He wasn't a crown prince and it was known, yet it was still ballsy to ignore such a man. He nearly lurched forward before his brother was beside him.

When the man wasn't willing to answer right away, Amenhotep glared at the man. He knew how Shadox was feeling. He was standing next to him and fuming almost as badly. "Answer him!" he demanded loudly, clearly showing the anger both men felt.

"I'm sorry, My princes... It is a simple spell. She will return soon." Purred the Magician, smirking as he moved to turn again, this time, Shad was having none of it. Using those barbaric muscles of his, he grabbed the man by the collar of his shirt and hoisted him up. His little trick had both men fuming, and that was very dangerous.

"Return the princess now or suffer the consequences, mage. I don't care for your tricks."

"Tricks? My Liege that is an insult! There is no trick. There is only magic! Please rest assured, the princess will be returning shortly."

Amenhotep was halfway down the stairs behind Shadox when he already had the man held up. When the despicable thing claimed that it was magic, he lost a little more of his temper. "There is no such thing as magic and you will tell him where she is!" he demanded. Watching from a little ways away, the little creature couldn't stand to watch this farce any longer. Her eyes seemed to spark angrily as she cleared her throat.

"My Liege," Addressed the woman, stepping to his side and putting a hand on his arm, holding her. "If I may." Her cold gaze was leveled at the mage. Even he seemed to scoff at the woman. She would have to adjust to such things. The other prince's eyes fell to her, then moved to his brother. Perhaps this could be useful after all.

Amenhotep had to stop his anger as he felt a hand on his arm. It was soft, not a man's to stop him. He thought it was his mother until he heard the voice. He looked to her and then briefly to his father. When he gave a subtle nod, he looked back to Belit and tried to not sigh. "Please," he said.

The woman bowed to him and the Pharaoh, her cold eyes narrowed at the Mage. He began to struggle as she easily got up onto the stage, looking about for some sort of split, a difference in the wood. Something to point out the difference. It was just before the king rose from his seat, irritated with the woman that she found what she wanted. Her eyes turned towards the prince and mage, her strong leg smashing down into a lock on the stage. It crumbled beneath her foot, the trap door swinging open.

"You have been caught, swindler. You took the princess out this trap door." Purred the woman, smirking all knowingly. "You... have just kidnapped the princess, I hope you're ready for the gravity of your crimes."

The men were left there shocked. She had realized that by simply glancing about?! Shad at the trap door, a cold sweat breaking out upon his skin. No... NO! The mage continued his struggle, seeming to realize just what he was in for. His eyes settled upon the squirming man, freezing him in place. His grip tightened, he was not going to get away.

"GUARDS! SEARCH THE PALACE! FIND HER!" Shad's booming voice bellowed through the room.

Soon, the entire room fell into chaos. Two guards took the mage and his group to the dungeons, Freeing the princes to search desperately for the princess. The palace was abuzz with what had happened, people running and scouring every inch of anything. However, The princes had returned quite quickly. They needed to discuss something with their father, what if she really had been taken?! What would be done! How would the fair with all three children gone.

Belit took her time getting down, kneeling by the queen and offering her condolences. It was felt and the woman before her fought back tears. The redhead simply sat, offering the sweet gesture of a hand to hold to the great queen in her time of need. Her eyes were taken however, as the sight of the disheveled princes rushed back in. Well.. that was a look.

The Pharaoh stood tall at the table he hadn't moved from. He looked down when the entertainers were led out by the guards and near glared at them as they went. With a low voice he said in the silence, "Guests are dismissed. Shadox, Amenhotep, we will talk." He turned and walked back out of the great room and into an antechamber were the men could talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With the guards searching and the guests leaving, Amenhotep heard his father's decree and went to follow the orders. He was fuming but as he passed one of the guards that was staying behind to guard his mother he said, "The... Princess..." he stammered for a moment, realising he didn't know her title, "Belit does not leave this palace. She stays in the guest rooms." He didn't bother consulting her in this. He knew he wanted more time with her and this was not the time he was going to get it.

The little distraction made Amenhotep the last of the three men to enter the dully lit room. It wasn't large but it was enough for the three men to meet. They were around the table there and there were chairs. None of them men were able to sit with what was going on though.

The Pharaoh was furious. He had given permission for his daughter to assist in entertainment and now she was gone. This conversation was not going to go well. He knew it wouldn't. The boys were just as protective of her as he was. But it had to be said. "Neither of you will be going to find her. You will order Tyrosh to do it," the Pharaoh said plainly.

The prince was shocked by this, gritting his teeth. That bastard?! He couldn't find his sister! He couldn't climb the ladder of society, he couldn't come up with a decent battle strategy! No.. he could not obey this time. "But father! While I agree that Amen should stay and protect you two from any further nonsense, I should go! I'm faster, Stronger and smarter than Tyrosh!"

Amen eyes went wide as he stared at Shadox insisting that he stay behind. How dare he? This was a war that was being brought on and the two of them had fought side by side before. What was this ridiculous thought that Shadox would go and he would stay. "That is even more ridiculous! She is as much my sister as she is yours," he accused. "I will not stay behind while she is out there being treated who knows how badly by a criminal we don't know!"

"ENOUGH! No more of my children will be going missing because of this," he near hissed out of his teeth. He had already lost one to neglect. He wasn't about to lose another. He pointed a finger at Amenhotep and growled, "You are the heir to this land and I refuse to let you go gallivanting about when you haven't produced an heir that could take your place if you were killed." He turned his attention. "And you." He pointed a finger at Shadox. "A single man may not be enough to bring her back either," he pointed out with clear thought.

Amenhotep was furious at that logic. While it was true that his mother hadn't been able to carry a child after Necolita, the logic that he was the only heir was ridiculous. How was anyone more equipped to find her than these two? Amen and Shadox knew the land like the back of their hands. They could travel fast and knew what it took to get through the sand storms when they came. This should be their fight!

"Father... Who knows where she is. Sending more than one man may make us too easy to spot" Replied the prince, Desperate to make his point known. Really. It was ridiculous to send anyone other than him. He was fast, He was tough. He could make it to save little Lita, no one else could be trusted with such a mission.

This argument was going no where and Amenhotep wanted nothing more than to be able to justify making himself go as well. But he heard it. The reason he had against Shad was much weaker than the argument against him. If only one of them could go, at least one of them could go. "Father's right, Shadox," he started. Better to keep the man in charge on his side. "One man against what has the potential to be an army would be impossible. But we could find out where they're taking her." He turned back to his father. "Let us question the mage. We will find out where she is being taken and then Shadox and I can choose five men to go with him to bring her back," he reasoned. He was keeping his tone as calm as he could considering that he wanted to have himself heard. "I will stay...and learn more about Princess Belit and find if I will have her as my first wife," he said to the men there.

The Pharaoh considered this suggestion for a time, looking between the two of them. "Fine. Shadox, you have my blessing. But you will return with her and then both of you will not be leaving your mother's sight in a very long time," he said simply before turning and going to leave the room. "You have until morning to find where she's going or I will send men out in every direction," he warned before walking out and closing the door behind him.

The queen for this time had been sitting, holding back every emotion as she stared blankly ahead. Her daughter was gone. There was no one that could find her. She stayed seated at the head table while her husband and sons spoke. It wasn't long until one of the guards came back and said, "I'm sorry, your highness. She hasn't been found yet." That was the first time the queen moved in all that time. Even with Belit sitting next to her, she hadn't moved. This was one of her worst nightmares come to life and she had to show strength. She stood, folding her hand around the one Belit had offered. "You will tell the Pharaoh this when he emerges. This young lady will stay in Necolita's rooms until she is found or until directed otherwise," she said simply before giving a small smile to Belit. "You have enchanted my son and found the truth for my daughter. It is the least I can do."
    Last edited by Natora; 02-03-2019 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Some part of her goddess soul cried out to help the woman before her. It was part of who she was, Her kind gestures were well received, and that was a bonus to her. As the guard entered, she scowled. Such a terrible way to deliver such news. She could have been told in a whisper instead of this nonsense. As the queen rose, she too stood to her feet. The order caught her off guard, but it pleased her to the greatest extent. Bowing gracefully, she held the queen's hand in another comforting hold.

"Dear and Graceful Queen, They will find her. I feel in my soul that they will return her to you." Assured Belit, giving her another kind and sweet smile. "Until then,perhaps some air? This is truly a terrible day. I will walk with you, perhaps some tea? To help ease your mind."

To her surprise, the queen agrees, taking her hand and walking with her through the halls. She allowed the elder woman to talk on and on, expressing her feelings and thoughts. Soon, they ended up by a large, lavish room. The royal ushered her in, taking a seat at a table. The room itself was beautiful, More than she realized went into this palace. Really, this would be a fine home for the time being. She called for tea for the queen, letting her mourn at her table. It would last the night, but Belit would endure. She couldn't bare to leave the woman. Not while there was no news.

Thankful for the distraction of their mother, The princes had their chance to get said news. With rage coursing through their bodies, they made their way to the basement, entering the cell with the mage and his crew inside. Their forms were massive compared to the fleas beneath them, especially the eldest, who glared down with hatred. Shad stood by, Waiting for orders from his brother. He knew he would have greater success getting the information out of him.

Amenhotep walked into the cell and had one of the guards that was standing there build up a fire in the corner. The place was dank and dark, little light coming from torches that were hung on the wall with the door but no where else. All the crew that they had rounded up was hanging in chains along the back wall by their wrists. Some of them already looked a little banged up. The princess was well loved and there was a terrible feeling being carried in the room. It wasn't all the stale feces and water that lingered on the air either.

Amenhotep lifted the headdress off his head and handed it off to a servant but kept the rest of the jewels on his arms and hands. This wasn't about to go easily for anyone in this room. He glared down at the scum sitting against the wall. "The filth that would dare steal an innocent woman from her home is lower than an ant," he growled. "But tell us where she is being taken to and we will show that person mercy." None of the performers were willing to speak up. All of them were actively looking at the rocks that were anywhere but near either of the princes' feet.

When none of them would answer, Amen turned his glare on the man who started this whole thing. It was the mage's fault. His disgustingly colourful robes were torn in some places and it looked like he might have fallen down a set of stairs. While he was avoiding looking at anyone, it was clear that he was frightened. Good. Amen walked over to him and grabbed him by the collar as Shad had before. Amen didn't waste his strength lifting him, though. "Where are they taking my sister, magic man?" he demanded.

The mage whimpered in his arms before claiming, "I don't know." The next sound was his head hitting the wall as Amen's fist clubbed his head from the side.

"Tell me!" he demanded loudly as others tried to hide away.

The magic man whimpered again but shook his head. "I don't know," he pleaded again, tears already streaming down his face. When his fist connected again it didn't stop this time. It was one, two, three times before he was willing to stop. His rage was contorting him to a machine, one that would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. "I still don't know," the man cried before Amen started wailing on him again. Blood flew onto Amen's chest and was running down his fists. There had been plenty of gold rings on his fist and they were all turning red.

The only person crying louder than the man he was pummeling was the woman who had replaced Lita. "No! Please no. We don't know anything," she cried as Amen hit the man one more time.

He stepped back and shook his hand out. He looked to the woman who had stood up for him and then to the guards. "Let her loose," he ordered simply. The woman was unchained moments later and fell face first onto the dirt. Amenhotep walked over and picked her up by the hair before dragging her over to where fire was built. When the man who he had been hitting saw what was happening he began to panic. "No. No, not her! Please, please don't hurt her!" he begged.

The elder prince had to step in in that moment, The woman... She deserved death, but burning her face would leave her unable to answer. He cleared his throat, approaching his brother and putting a hand on his shoulder to stop him. His stern expression would be easy to understand, Let up a bit, let him pull the information they needed, then he could seek his revenge. He looked down at the wretch before his brother, scowling as he moved to the colorfully dressed man. He reached onto his belt and pulled a small knife from it's sheath, holding it up and letting the fire make it's finely polished edge shine near his eyes.

"I suggest... You begin to speak... Lest the woman face the fire." Hissed the man, his dark eyes locked on the man. He wouldn't be afraid to use the blade in his hand, perhaps he could skin him inch by inch to pull the information from him. There would be no mercy until he knew where he had to go to find his dear sister. The screams from behind him however, told him that despite his non verbal warning, the rage in his brother was not quelled.

The pleas had fallen on deaf ears and the woman was dragged over the fire. She used a hand to try and pull Amenhotep's hand off her hair but it was more like a fly on a horse's hindquarters than anything else. Once they got to the flame, he twisted his hand around again so he could hold her hand in his as well and used his other hand to grab her other arm. He lowered her face slowly towards the flame. As she got closer, she started to wiggle against it. It wasn't long until the heat was unbearable and she started to scream.

When she did, the man in the chains called out. "AH! Ah. I know. I know who it was but I don't know where they went," he called.

Amenhotep didn't bring her out of the flames yet. "WHAT'S HIS NAME?!" he demanded as if this guy was dumb. He held the woman he loved in his hands. He could easily let her go.

"Ea! It is King Ea. I swear it. I swear it on my mother's grave. He made us take two of his men with us and told me I had to get the princess on stage. That's all I know!" he poured out.

With the information gained, Amen threw the woman to the ground into the dirt. He looked up at Shadox. "There. That wasn't so hard," he said simply, anger still coursing through him.

Shadox sighed, shaking his head and looking at his brother with a look that rivaled their father's disappointed glare. His hand grabbed his shoulder with a bit more force. "I will pull the rest. Go now. Calm father and Mother and tell them we have a name. Before you do more to ruin your hands. I am the one to do the dirty work, and you know that, brother." He knew he would not be understood by his brother in that moment, but hopefully he would leave to rest, one way or another.

Amen paused for the moment that Shadox grabbed him. When he said he was the one to do the dirty work, he shook his head. He wasn't allowed to go after her and now he wasn't allowed to get information out of people? He pulled his shoulder away in annoyance. "You're not the only one who loves her," he almost growled out. "I'll see you in the sparring pit in the morning," he said simply before leaving to do what his brother had asked.

Gods be damned. He really didn't understand. He was doing this to protect them both. They were not to be lost, he was optional, and he knew it. He had always done everything to protect them both. Never in his life did he think Amen did not love her, but his life would be too great of a loss. The country would never recover. Whereas they could easily forget about the foreign prince, who gave his life to save the royal bloodline.

The people around them hurried to put the woman back in her chains. His glare was enough that every person in the room flinched as he turned back to the group. Their screams echoed through the walls of the dungeon and the nearby halls. He would get every scrap of information he could out of them. There would be no escape. Not from his righteous wrath.
    After hours of tea and talking, the queen seemed to be fading, yet the stress of it all was not going to let her rest. Belit couldn't have that. Rest would make her better. She offered sweetly to sing for the woman, to help soothe her nerves. Little did the queen know the being she was in the presence of. In a desperate attempt for some comfort, The royal accepted the girls offer, hiding her face in her hands.

The smile upon the woman's face seemed to widen as she stood before the Queen. She happily began to sing for her, those golden eyes of hers seeming to change ever so slightly. One would hardly notice their body growing heavy under her gaze. It wasn't long before the lady was sound asleep. Yes, Perfect. Laying the woman in the princess' bed, Belit wrote a note excusing herself for the morning, that she had run out and become occupied by something else. It apologized profusely and expressed that the queen could call upon her at a moment's notice.

Hastily leaving the princess' room, The woman found herself face to face with a rather ominous sight. The prince from before. Great. Just when she had got away. She corrected her posture and had a look of concern across her face. As his face became visible, she could tell the stress upon it. Ah... In itself, this was an opportunity. Yes. Comforting a distraught prince would be her next task.

"My leige... You..." She started, trying to seem a tinge more humble than she was. "Is there... any news? The queen is resting, but I can tell her if you wish..."

Amen had been nursing his bad hand and mumbling to himself when he heard her voice and froze. When he looked up, he saw where she had come from. What was she doing in there? What was she doing in this area at all? He had specifically told the guards to have her in one of the guest rooms. What was this? "It's...yes, there's news. She can hear it in the morning," he answered, still trying to figure things out and calm down a bit. "Can I take you to a room to rest?" he asked her. "It's getting late."

She was glad to hear there was news, but the expression upon his face stated just how confusing her being her in these remote quarters. As he offered to take her to a room , she couldn't help but interject.

"Ah, Well, My room has been changed on the queens orders to this chamber here, but I had to comfort her, nor could I sleep with such events. We wandered and ended up here. I helped her release her emotions and she ended up falling asleep. I've put her to rest in the bed in there... So I am without resting place at the moment." Explained the woman, Moving a tad closer, standing before him. Concern was upon her face as the nearby fire illuminated it, though it was more for his mental state. She couldn't deal with a broken royal. Not another one.

"Are you... Keeping yourself together? Pardon my blunt statement, your highness." Started the woman, keeping her arms crossed in front of her. "If you need, I can escort you to your room, perhaps a bit of song will help you rest? Despite my deep voice while speaking I do sing fairly well." It was overstepping her bounds, but the prince didn't seem offended by it earlier.

When she was blunt with him, he looked up quickly at her with almost accusing eyes. That was one thing that he was consistently asking someone for, he supposed. He walked up so he was toe to toe with her and tipped her chin up so he was looking in those gorgeous golden orbs of hers. "You are kind to worry about me. If my mother is asleep in the rooms she wants you in, you are welcome to sleep in my quarters. I do not believe I will be sleeping much tonight. I promise to be a perfect gentleman."

She allowed him to grasp and hold her, despite it's implications. Glossy golden eyes met his own dark ones. Oh yes, this was going swimmingly now. Not even a few hours and she was in the prince's quarters. Good. Resting her hand softly over his, her smooth fingertips fluttered over his masculine hand, holding his wrist in a gentle grasp. My, forward wasn't he? The courtesy was promising. It would

"Of course, my prince. I do hope you will at least try to rest..." Purred the lady in his grasp, taking his hand from her cheek and holding it softly, in a reassuring gesture that she'd used on the queen. "If these trying times are truly upon this land, you will be needed, at your very best no doubt." Her hand held his still as she peered up at him, meeting their eyes one last time before the prince wordlessly moved them towards the room, leading the woman and staring forward with intent. He seemed to be running on auto pilot. He of course, missed the sly smile across her lips. The way he moved and reacted, things were falling into place, and she couldn't have been happier. Now, She just needed to distract him, to lull him into a place of peace so she could cement herself as his comfort in this time of need. Then, all would flow like clockwork.

The dungeons however, were pure chaos, the guards shocked at the sheer violence the prince had used to extract the final pieces of information. The bloodied men and women were alive still, regretful as it was. But he had the direction. These bastards, he would ensure they were thrown to the dogs and had no burial. There was no place for them in the afterlife. The guards were anxiously waiting his orders, the prisoners quaking as the sickening smell of iron filled the air.
    "End them... Throw their corpses to the pigs. Make their deaths agony." Hissed the prince, cracking his knuckles as he gripped the door and excused himself. Shrieks for mercy and the cries of pain echoed in his mind, but he paid them no mind. There was no time to be wasted. He had his direction, and he would not loose her. No, He couldn't. He was her body guard, and he had failed her once. Never again.

Despite his father's wishes to wait till morning and inform them of the situation, he couldn't, instead he sent messengers with notes to his family as he set out for the armory. His supplies were prepared by a knight in their service, his path on the map marked easily. With everything set, he hardened himself. There was no telling what he would arrive to, but it didn't matter. His Lita was all that occupied his mind. When he saved her, there would be a lecture about accepting requests that were under her.

However, poor Lita would hardly be able to remember that night, however. He would make sure of it.

His mages had worked outside the city limits to provide him what he needed. A key piece for his impending war upon the kingdom of the sun. And a bride to secure their compliance in his takeover. Never in his long life would he have expected such a delicate flower to be presented to him on a silver platter. How easily they had let their princess slip through their grasp. Before she woke, his arms collected her and he inspected each part of his future wife. Ah, yes she truly was a beautiful creature. He licked his plush lips, a wicked grin spread across them. She would taste far sweeter when she awoke.

Servants redressed her in acceptable attire and wiped her face with a cold cloth. He dressed himself well, smirking as he reached down and caressed her delicate cheek, his calloused and warm hands seemed drawn to her supple skin. He drew back slowly, clicking his tongue as she refused to stir. What had they done to disarm her? Incense nearby was lit, a few lanterns as well so that he could have a better look at her. Of course, he wished to hear her voice above all else.

"Wake... little princess... Awaken yourself..." The words rolled of his tongue with a sultry tone. Yes... This would be a turning point in her young life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amenhotep led Belit easily into his own chambers. He opened the massive doors and let her walk through first. As his sister's room had been, his was warm and lit still. The chambers looked almost identical to the princess' but this one had a board of a map of their land and surrounding areas while Lita's had had an art table. The bed was massive and he had a long chaise not too far from it. The hearth had a small fire going throwing shadows against the already dark wood in the room.

Once the door was closed behind them, he raised her hand to his and kissed it. "You are welcome to the bed. And I can have the servants provide one of my night shirts to you to sleep in. Your dress shouldn't have to bear the brunt of being slept in the night," he stated simply. He dropped her hand gently and walked over to a small hand wash basin. He stuck his hands in the cold water and started getting rid of the blood off the one hand he had used to abuse the magician with. To say he seemed distracted would be a disservice to how he was truly feeling. He was lost. His sister was gone and his brother was shutting him out. It was a horrible situation to be in.

A long way away, a smell graced Lita's nose. She groaned softly before turning her head to a side. What was that smell? It wasn't like the one used in her room or any other place of the palace she remembered. And that voice...who was that? It was deep and rich, certainly, but she didn't believe she had heard that voice before. It was telling her to wake up but she never remembered falling asleep.

Finally, she blinked her eyes open and looked around. A hand went to the back of her head where she had been hit. It was still very sore to the touch and she winced. She looked around the space that she was in. She didn't recognize a piece of it. The colours were all wrong. She had slept in every royal room in the palace and had been in every nook and cranny of her home. This place was not a part of it. When she finished roaming her eyes around the room, they settled on a very large man. He would even give Shadox a run for his money comparing their size. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she quietly asked, "Where am I?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The warm room was a welcome reprieve for Belit, her eyes wandering from place to place. She stepped further in before turning to him. She was observing every move, ever motion the prince revealed to her. Allowing him to hold her hand once again and kiss in, her weak smile graced those luscious lips once again. As he moved to the basin, the situation became clear. There was much to do, She needed to find a way to pull him back into reality, fast. Heels clicked against the marble floors as she approached, a hand carefully reaching for his.

"My Liege... Please." Remarked the woman, her fingers gently wrapped around his wrist as she lead him toward the lavish chaise. Sitting herself down first, she motioned him to sit beside him. Clearly, She was not giving him many other options. There was nothing he could do in his position, and so how could he refused such a sweet gesture. She would sit there wordlessly, allowing him to decide for himself if he wished to take her kindness to the fullest. Her lap was more than comfortable enough for his head, the scales of her dress flexible enough to keep from hurting him.

The dark eyed beast before her let out a pleased sigh. Her voice was like songbirds. How he wanted to hear just how far he could push it. Yes, this was a perfect bride for him. Reaching out, he cupped her cheek once again, moving to get a better look. His thumb casually ran over her lip, testing the pliability of the skin. Being this close let her get a better look at her captor as he did the same. His war torn body was littered with scars, the dreads of hair lined and teased with gold. piercings littered across his face ears and chest were of the finest gold and jewels, contrasting his rich, dark skin beautifully. Clearly, he was no ordinary man.

"You are in a paradise like you've never seen, young princess..." His rumbling, deep voice would ring to her core, the incense in the room intensifying such feelings. He brushed the hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. The ideas that flooded his mind would need to be addressed. But where to start with such a beautiful blank slate? A dark chuckle left him as he once again gripped her chin, making their eyes meet once again. "And you... will be a most pawn in my game."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The warm room was a welcome reprieve for Belit, her eyes wandering from place to place. She stepped further in before turning to him. She was observing every move, ever motion the prince revealed to her. Allowing him to hold her hand once again and kiss in, her weak smile graced those luscious lips once again. As he moved to the basin, the situation became clear. There was much to do, She needed to find a way to pull him back into reality, fast. Heels clicked against the marble floors as she approached, a hand carefully reaching for his.

"My Liege... Please." Remarked the woman, her fingers gently wrapped around his wrist as she lead him toward the lavish chaise. Sitting herself down first, she motioned him to sit beside him. Clearly, She was not giving him many other options. There was nothing he could do in his position, and so how could he refused such a sweet gesture. She would sit there wordlessly, allowing him to decide for himself if he wished to take her kindness to the fullest. Her lap was more than comfortable enough for his head, the scales of her dress flexible enough to keep from hurting him.

The dark eyed beast before her let out a pleased sigh. Her voice was like songbirds. How he wanted to hear just how far he could push it. Yes, this was a perfect bride for him. Reaching out, he cupped her cheek once again, moving to get a better look. His thumb casually ran over her lip, testing the pliability of the skin. Being this close let her get a better look at her captor as he did the same. His war torn body was littered with scars, the dreads of hair lined and teased with gold. piercings littered across his face ears and chest were of the finest gold and jewels, contrasting his rich, dark skin beautifully. Clearly, he was no ordinary man.

"You are in a paradise like you've never seen, young princess..." His rumbling, deep voice would ring to her core, the incense in the room intensifying such feelings. He brushed the hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. The ideas that flooded his mind would need to be addressed. But where to start with such a beautiful blank slate? A dark chuckle left him as he once again gripped her chin, making their eyes meet once again. "And you... will be a most pawn in my game."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amenhotep felt her hand around his wrist just as he finished getting the last of the blood off his hand. It was almost intrusive how she was fitting herself in to his little world. When he was pulled to the chaise, he stood there in front of her, honestly not sure what to do. He had given her plenty of leeway in light of asking for her blunt honesty. Here she was now, though, trying to get him to lay down when that was the furthest thing from his mind. How could he tell her that without offending her.

"I'm flattered, Belit, but now is not the time. My brother will leave tomorrow and after that we can take time to decide if this is what you want," he said to her plainly. "Take the bed. If it will suit you I will lay next to you so you can sleep," he told her simply. If she didn't want to go, he wouldn't force her but he still needed to form a plan to help his brother take to this King Ea. Of course he would want ransom money but if there was a way to simply break the man well enough to have him let Lita go, that would be best.

She kept her eyes on him and as he came closer into the light, she was almost scared by what she saw. A majestic man, to be sure, but on so scarred and war torn...Who was he? She had never seen him before and he was much more bold than any man had a right to be with her. As he kept touching her, she had half a mind to tell him just how offensive she was finding his invasion of her space, but...he didn't get the scars from losing battles.

His voice...the butterflies in her chest started flying like they never had before. What was happening to her? This reaction that she was having was not one that she had wanted in any way! Why was she allowing this to happen? He obviously knew who she was and that only worried her more. As much as her face was relaxed, she couldn't help but be frightened. "You have me at a disadvantage, my lord. I don't even know who you are or what game we are playing," she told him, her voice surprising even her by not shaking.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Great, So he wasn't as broken down as she had anticipated. Perhaps she could use that to her advantage. She sighed softly and tucked her loose hair behind her ears. Her hands rested in her lap as her eyes moved to meet his again, a strange flicker in them. How could she regain his favor? And quickly, Perhaps it was time to simply do as she was told. She bowed her head after only a moment's connection, being rather respectful.

"Forgive me, Your highness. I meant no offense. These events... They trouble you greatly and I only wished to help. I will accept your offer, but do not strain yourself to lay beside me. I thank you for your gracious hospitality." Her voice was still calm, her movements a tad less graceful as she rose to her feet and made her way towards the bed. It really was grand, something that she could easily picture lounging around upon in the morning light. She turned to meet his gaze one last time, tinged with remorse.

As she opened her mouth to speak, a sudden knock rang through the room. Who could be knocking at this hour? Had it been any other time, she would have stormed over and taken care of the offender with force. She stayed in place however, not wanting to upset the prince anymore than he already was. Whoever that was, they would be sure to feel her wrath when she had the time.

It was going to be fun playing with this beautiful little doll he'd collected. So strong, yet the fear in her eyes sparked something deep inside his core. A laugh left him once again as he sat up and pulled her closer. She was so light, delicate like sheer silk in the wind. Of course, the disgustingly foreign dress had been replaced with something far more tasteful. To him at least. His free hand settled upon her hip. Yes... that was what he wanted to see.

"War... My dear. All is but a game before the master of war." His tone was softer this time. He leaned in closely, keeping both her wrists in one hand, the other moving up her back carefully. Those delightful lips of his were dangerously close to her ear as he spoke again. "You will soon learn your place in such games... Little princess from the sun. I will ensure that."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amenhotep saw her change in mood after he had almost chastised her for trying certain things. It made him feel bad and the residual anger he was feeling almost died as he watched her walk over to the bed. He had been sharp but it hadn't been towards her. She had done nothing wrong, meaning to help him and his family, and she had only just been introduced to the kingdom. He looked down to his chest in a small bit of shame. When he saw the blood there, he knew he had to finish cleaning up first. Looking back up at her, he saw the pity...no, not pity. Remorse. That was what was in her eyes.

Then the knock came. What a great night this was turning out to be. He turned to the door and nearly stormed there. When he wrenched it open, there was a young guard standing there, his head down and his hand up with a note in it. "From Prince Shadox," he stated, his hand almost shaking as he held out the note. Amenhotep took it and closed the door in the young man's face. When he opened it and read the note, he froze. Now? He looked at the long window that stood to his balcony. He ran to it and threw the doors open looking down into the city as if he expected to see a dust cloud or something to signify that Shadox had only just left. Nothing was there. No sign signalling his brother's independent departure. "SHADOX!" he yelled into the empty night.

He stood there for almost a quarter of an hour before he moved again. He went back into the room and finished cleaning off his hand and his chest before littering the table around the bowl with the gold that had adorned him this night. When he was finally free of the blood and jewellery, he went back towards the bed. He didn't think he would be getting much sleep but he hated that he had made everyone he had seen tonight feel terrible. Well. He hadn't hated making the magician and his assistant feel terrible. That had been lethargic.

After wrestling with both Amenhotep and Shadox when they were much younger, Lita had learned something. When someone stronger than you wants to have you pinned, there was nothing you could do to stop them. That was what this man was doing to her now. He held both her wrists in one massive hand. Then he pulled her closer by her hip. That was when she looked down and away from him just a reasonable amount...and she noticed she had been changed. Well that was a whole new sort of violation of privacy.

She was going to have to play this very carefully. This was most obviously a man of power. He was someone not to be trifled with if he had managed to pull her away from her family without anyone chasing her. But as he whispered to her ear, she could feel his warm breath on her neck that she had unintentionally left exposed to him. She had to remind herself to stay focused during this with the goal being her escape. She turned her eyes back towards him, their faces incredibly close. "And what place do you see me having?" she asked, trying to keep her tone even. If she tried to seduce him already, he would know that she was faking. For now she simply tried a steady voice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast