Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Winter Thaw (Stormy & Siks)

The Dragon Lady
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

With a light nod, she finished her tea and deposited her cup in the sink behind him before moving back to her room to retrieve her gloves. She fastened her coat closed and pulled on her gloves as she exited the house and made her way to where the hay bales were stacked. This was the first time he had given her the leeway of setting her to task without keeping her under his watchful eye and she had no intention of spoiling it with hesitation or complaint even though it took her four trips in total to get both bales and water buckets to the stable.

After a brief rest to catch her breath, she poured most of both buckets in the trough and started to tear the hay bales apart and load the metal cage as she had seen him do on her first day, smiling as she watched both horses hastily crossing the field for their breakfast. Standing aside as they took up their positions to eat, she circled around to Grim to give him a closer look-over. Finding no wounds, she took up the bucket that still held a bit of water and knelt to wash the dried blood from his hooves and fetlocks before standing and moving to retrieve a brush.

The horses happily chomped their meal as she gave them both a thorough brushing, even going as far as braiding their thick manes and tails in order to keep them tidy and tangle free. Once finished, she moved to retrieve their blankets and covered them. With hands on her hips, she gave them an appraising look and nodded to herself with a smile. With a glance to the sun's position, she realizes that she still had a few hours to go. With great reluctance, she turned her sights to the un-mucked stalls and her nose crinkled. With a heavy sigh, she moved to the forge to retrieve the pitchfork kept there and got to work.
    Last edited by StormyNyte; 03-08-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

After having gathered up the tools and replacement beams Volare piled them by the broken fence and gave it an appraising look. Surprisingly the damage wasn't quiet as bad as he first thought, the plow was a different case though. The blade had a decent chip out of it, and the handles were cracked, he could likely fix the blade, but he wasn't sure of the handles. They might need replacing.

But he needed to take care of his fields first. Grim had torn up the ground and the fight had damaged even more. Luckily he hadn't planted any seeds yet, but the soil would need to be fixed. Picking up his tools he set to work.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It was tricky business to get both stalls clean without sinking her feet into the thick of it. With a disgruntled grunt, she pitched the last of the stall filth onto the composting pile and returned the pitchfork to the forge before spreading out the fresh bedding.

By the time that business was done, it was nearly noon. Arayna looked back toward the house before turning her sights to the unplanted field, seeing him still working at the ground. Hoping that she didn't smell too much like recycled horse, she started across to the field to see what additional help she could offer.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The cold of the morning had left and was replaced with a strange warm fog. He had shed his coat and his vest both of which were hung over the unbroken portion of fence. Now shirtless the warrior had straightened the lines and was working on seeing if he can finish the job of the plow from yesterday.

He had managed nearly all of the new field by the time Arayna showed up. He gave her a smile and wiped the sweat from his brow. "How'd it go lass?"

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

She gave a light laugh as she rubbed the back of her neck, the sight of him shirtless coaxing the thoughts from yesterday evening freshly back to her mind. “Well enough,” shrugging her way out of her own jacket, she draped it over the fence beside of his, “though I feel I should make a point to stand down wind of you for the rest of the day.”

Looking over the field, she was impressed with out much he was able to finish with nothing but his own hands and garden tools. “Can I help you here in any way?”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Volare chuckled leaning on his rack breathing deep. "Lass, I've lived in barracks full of sweaty unwashed soldiers, and been working this farm for a few years there really aren't any smells I can't handle." Jamming the tool into the ground he went over to a barrel and dunked his head into it's cool depths taking a few quick gulps.

Coming back up he ran his hand through his wet hair flicking water away. "As for helping me, feel free to pick up the hoe and fix some of the divots made in the road."

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

She chuckled, shaking her head in amusement. “I suppose you're right, then.” She looked him over again, but moved to collect the hoe before her face could betray her thoughts.

Her muscles were already complaining over the effort put into the horses, but she set herself to task with little more than a stiff roll of her shoulders. Her motions with the tool were still ungainly, but effective nonetheless.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Focusing on his task, Volare finished fixing up the field and looked the sun was little past it's apex and his stomach rumbled lightly. Putting his tools up he lifted his fingers to his lips and whistled shrilly. "Come on lass lunch time!" He took another drink from the barrel and retrieved his clothes waiting for Arayna to come back.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

A sigh of relief was given as she heard his whistle and call. Stretching the achy muscles of her shoulders and lower back, she shouldered the hoe and made her way back to the field where she deposited it with the other tools and pulled off her gloves. Pausing at the water barrel, she scooped a drink for herself before splashing a bit of water on her face to rid it of sweat and dust “Thank goodness, I'm starving.”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The warrior nodded chuckling lightly. "Me too, what do you feel like eating?" He asked pulling his shirt back on, but left his coat hanging over his arms smiling softly as he feels a cool breeze whisk across his body pulling the few droplets of sweat away from him.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast