Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Winter Thaw (Stormy & Siks)

The Dragon Lady
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Arayna gave a light smiled and nod as she half turned toward him. "I'll stay close." She watched him move into his room before she stepped to the door and strode outside and away from the house. The crisp night air was refreshing and the stillness that surrounded her as she walked was almost serene, interrupted only by the occasional call of a night insect or hunting owl.

The she elf took a deep breath of air as she let her blue eyes turn up to the heavens. So far away from the Capitol, the stars were able to truly shine overhead, sparkling like diamonds woven onto a blueish black tapestry. There was a slight breeze that blew as she walked, sending thin ribbons of her silvery white hair to drift behind her as she studied the constellations above her.

Her thoughts drifted back to her conversation with the old crone as she took in the night alone. Could she truly learn to like living in such a manner here with him, far removed from all the finery and trappings of the high court? But if she were permitted to return, would she truly be able to find happiness when treated once more like a prize to be won and not her own person?

She couldn't deny that Volare gave her more a sense of autonomy than she had ever had before and, in a strange way, she almost adored him for it. He was stern, but also patient and, when not being pushed, even kind… in his own ways. She wasn't exactly sure what to make of the way he made her feel, only that it left her incredibly confused as to what she truly wanted anymore.

And, if his seed managed to take root, what then? Would it change how he viewed her? Would he be pleased? Angry? Would she lose value in his eyes just like she would within the whole of their society? Was the uncertainty worth risking barrenness if she did decide to take the potion? If that happened, she knew for certain that she would be cast aside…

These thoughts continued to plague her mind for the entire time she spent walking. After nearly two hours had passed, she finally resolved to head back. Her mind was still undecided, but the longer she thought of using the potion, the more the thought repelled her. When she stepped back inside, she set herself to locking up before moving to knock on his door. She wanted to let him know she was back and tell him goodnight.
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

He heard Arayna leave and sighed quietly as quiet filled his house once more. It's been only a short time since she arrived. But the change in atmosphere with having another person here especially with a woman who he has had sex with makes the silence feel...wrong. There was no other way for him to word this feeling. Before the She-Elf he reveled in and preferred the silence of his farm house to the rabble of town.

But now the old Mer finds himself enjoying the woman's company. Knowing she is around oddly made him feel safer. As much as he distrusted magic and those who use it. Having a fireball launcher does wonders in psychological warfare. Sitting on the edge of his bed he reaches for the ointment and begins struggling with applying it to his shoulder. Thankful the pain wasn't so great that he couldn't move around. But as he finished up and laid down he felt the tiredness from before just vanish with the pain, but a new feeling washed over him. One of nausea and a flush of intense heat, he let out a low groan and rolled to his side which only made him feel worse.

So with a slow shaky groan he got back to his feet and moved back into the house. He had a fuzzy idea of a potion he could make to alleviate the nausea. He just wasn't sure he had the ingredients, but he had to try something. This began two hours of trial and error while his stomach pain grew worse.

He had almost got it figured when he heard Arayna return and pad her way to his room no doubt expecting him to be asleep. He chuckled walking up behind her tightening some of the bandages on his fingers. "Couldn't sleep, suddenly not feeling well. So I tried to make a healing potion. Didn't work, think you can help me lass?" He smiled sheepishly.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Volare was remarkably quiet for an old Mer and his sudden voice behind her gave her a bit of a start as she spun around. Arayna gave a slight huff of an embarrassed laugh before looking him over. A brow quirked at the sight of his bandaged fingers before giving him a wry smile.

The old warrior actually needed her and expressing as much seemed to embarrass him. She chuckled then. "Yes I can, easily. Though I could heal you much quicker with magic if you weren't so sceptical about it, old Mer." Reaching out, she tested the skin of his forehead with the back of her hand and frowned.

"You're burning up, Volare. Go sit, I'll get the potion mixed. Besides, I doubt your fingers are able to take much more damage." When he moved himself to a chair, Arayna maneuvered to get a wet cloth and muttered something under her breath, making the cloth become much colder with her secret incantation before draping it over the back of his neck. She'd worry about his fussing over her magic later, if he got much hotter as she worked on the potion his condition could take a drastic turn.

"Leave that on." Moving to where he had obviously been attempting to create the potion, she took quick stock of what he had before skillfully setting to work. She ground, poured, muddled, mixed, measured, and heated for a long moment before she was certain the potency of the dose was just right. Swirling the murky looking clay red liquid around in the bulbous vial one last time, she grabbed a small cup and poured it in.

Crossing back to her ill companion, she held out the cup to him. "Drink it all and drink it quickly. It tastes terrible but should start working within moments."

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Volare chuckled lightly moving in a slow teetering walk to his chair by the fireplace. "I've been sick before lassie, even a veteren warrior such as myself are immune to illness."

The cold compress did feel nice and his head has been swimming quite a lot since he started trying to make the potion. "I've never had this much misfortune before you got here Arayna." He gave a weak laugh leaning back in his chair before he took the offered potion and downed it quickly. The taste kicking him in the stomach as it hit him. He forced himself to swallow the liquid and placed to cup on the ground coughing lightly. "Damn." Was all he said.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

She gave a small scoff of a laugh when he mentioned his misfortune. "Well, you can blame me for it later, old Mer. Right now though, the only thing you should be doing is focusing on getting better." She watched him drink it with a knowing smirk. "I warned you." Reaching out, she checked his forehead again and hmmed lightly. "I guess I'll have to tend you you all night… can't have the only one in the house who knows what's what around here taken by a fever."

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

He chuckled wiping his mouth and stood slowly up. "Aren't you worried about catching whatever I have? Can't have both of us getting sick, especially since you're only one who knows how to make potions." Suddenly a new head rush hit him and he stumbled lightly grabbing at the back of his chair sighing. "Guess I should be getting back to bed."

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

"If only someone knew how to brew an immunity fortification potion…" She responded sarcastically. When he stumbled though, she was quick to try and steady him. "Bed is exactly where you should be, now come… I'd hate to have to tend to you in the floor." She stayed by his side, not fully trusting his ability to keep his feet as she ushered him back to his room.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Leaning heavily on the woman he nodded. "We'll need to work on that one." He placed his hand on the wall and moved forward slowly down the hall. "Maybe, these is some magic afoot here. No illness I've ever had, has hit me this hard."

They reached his room and he sighed wiping sweat from his brow. "Thank you lassie." He said softly staggering to be his bed.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Arayna frowned lightly, tsking him. "The only thing afoot here is stubborn pride and not knowing when to stop. You've been going nonstop ever since I got here. Clearly you've overworked yourself and it's left you weakened enough to be waylaid from whatever this is…" As he moved to his bed, she pulled the rag from his neck and waited for him to get himself settled before moving to refresh it. Once he was laid down, she gently wiped his face before folding the rag into a flat tube and draping it across his forehead. "You're not a war time soldier anymore, Volare. It's okay to slow down every now and again."

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

He gave one more short laugh settling down against his pillow. "A Farmer's life is non-stop as well lass. Just less life-threatening." Another low sigh exited his lips as he shut his eyes. "Please go lock up the house, before you get to involved in getting me well. I'll never be able to sleep knowing my home isn't safe."

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast