Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Winter Thaw (Stormy & Siks)

The Dragon Lady
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Arayna regarded him thoughtfully for a moment before chuckling and shaking her head. She had already locked up before finding out he was sick, but she decided to humor him this once. "Just relax, I'll take care of the rest." Checking his temperature with the back of her hand one last time, she stepped out of his room and went through the motions of locking down the house once more.
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

With a low chuckle he removed his outer clothes and laid back on the bed sighing low feeling the affects of the potion hitting him now. He hoped it would bring him quick relief, they had a lot of work still to do before the fall. Farming, like war awaits no one. They've lost a lot of good work days recently, and the snow has been falling earlier and earlier the last couple of years.

As luck would have it, his farm was mostly just for his personal use. So no one would be breaking down his door for food anytime soon. But if they didn't get the harvest in he and his houseguest would be out hunting through knee deep snow for food come the middle of winter. And even as Snow Elves, it would be a pain in the neck.

The old Mer found himself watching the woman's ass as she walked away the last image before they drooped to sleep was that wonderfully bouncy sight.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Arayna moved about through the house making sure everything was taken care of just so as she had seen Volare do every other evening. Once she was done making sure the house was locked up tight , she peeked in on him to make sure he was doing alright.

Seeing that he had already fallen asleep, she quietly backed out of the room and moved to the kitchen to brew herself a cup of tea. She would stay up for a while, just to make sure he was alright. The sudden onset of his condition worried her and she found herself debating as to whether or not it was wise to leave him alone for the night.

As the water boiled and the leaves steeped, she let her thoughts wander. She wasn't entirely sure about sharing his bed again, but she didn't want to risk his condition worsening while she slept in her room and knew she wouldn't be much good to either of them if she stayed up all night.

Pouring her tea, she finally resolved to spend the night beside him. He could fuss about it later if he wished, but he certainly wasn't going to become a permanent invalid on her watch. She checked on him twice more as she drank her tea and once it was done she prepared herself for bed.

Slipping into the thin shirt she had claimed as her own, she quietly moved back into his room to settle in beside him. Checking him over one last time, she rested her hand on his chest and her head close to his on the pillow. That way, if he shifted or his breathing became labored, she would know.

She dozed off and on through the night, waking every so often to make sure he wasn't getting worse. As night rolled into morning, he still hadn't improved much. Fearing that he would get worse, she spent the entire day and night tending him. The morning of the second day, she woke before the sun rose and saw that his complexion had improved quite a bit.

Smiling a thankful smile, she slipped out of bed with the thought of having breakfast ready in case he woke with his appetite renewed. Breakfast preparation went much better in her mind though. Shortly after she started, she found herself racing out of the house with a flaming skillet as smoke filled the kitchen. Uttering a string of curses, she tossed the whole mess into the pond and hurried inside to open the windows and air out the house hopefully before he woke to notice.
    Last edited by StormyNyte; 06-08-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The last two days have been a blur unlike anything Volare had experienced in his long life up until this point. This affirmed his suspicions of this illness not being natural in nature, Snow Elves as a whole are hardy in every sense of the word. Physically, mentally, emotionally they are among the top such races on Eisignol right up there with Ogres and Giants.

He was thankful for Aryana's constant attention, though it made him feel quite like a child. But if he had gotten this sick alone...he wasn't sure he'd have been able to get through it as easily. He didn't expect it would've killed him, he's been through too damn much in this life to let some stupid illness bring him to the Den of the Two Brothers as prey rather than as a hunter.

Ever since he dropped to sleep on the first day he has been tormented by visions he can't place. Most of it he didn't recognize. But he saw flashes of Tìr Deighe the homeland of the Snow Elves in the northern parts of Avelar mingled maddeningly with images of Stormgard specifically the stern and deeply angry faces of the Chief and his wives as well as Aristocrats he did not know. But they were fleeting and too random to place any meaning to them. But they were endless and he never saw two of the same images, this was like someone sending a message of some kind. But who?

He wrestled with these questions as well as his illness until his fever broke and a single woman's was burned into his mind. He felt a searing anger coming from the woman's magic touched eyes, but behind them his warrior's instinct felt an equally searing sadness and pain in her body language. Just before the smell of smoke awoke him, she seemed to be saying something, but he couldn't place it. But his next breath was filled with smoke and his body, feeling better jumped up...well as much of a jump as it could do in his weakened state. His senses slowly returned and he moved as quickly as he could cursing slightly. "I'm sick for a few days and she burns my house down." Opening his door he looked just in time to see the woman rush outside with a burning skillet. A sigh of relief left his lips and he chuckled lightly see her rushing about still in his old shirt, she had her underwrappings on, he saw the peek of the white cloth as her speed made the shirt flare up, but the way she bounced and as cold as it was this morning, told him she hadn't bothered with her chest wrappings.

It was a very wonderful sight, jiggles make every body feel better. Shaking his head he held onto the wall for support and called out to her as she began opening the windows. "So decided to burn my house down after all lassie?" He joked watching her move approvingly.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 06-12-2019 at 02:10 AM.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Arayna had barely gotten the second window slid open before she heard him call out to her. Her flustered face took on an even darker shade of red as she spun around to see him giving her an amused look. There was no talking her way out of this one, he had caught her red handed. She gave an exasperated sound and groused to try to cover up her embarrassment anyway. "Of all the times you choose to get your arse out of bed, it had to be just now…" She moved to slide open a third window before fanning at the lingering haze with a small kitchen cloth. "If you're wanting breakfast, it'll just have to wait."

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The man let out a low rolling laugh having to press his back against the wall for support as the laughter shook him. "Well, next time I'm on the verge of death I'll be sure to wait a bit longer before coming to tell you good bye Arayna." He stood back up and opened the door some more letting the cold of the morning whisk through the small house and blow the remainder of the smoke away with a single strong gust before he shut the door and limped his way to the kitchen table sitting heavily down. "I guess I'll be the primary cook around here huh lass?"

He felt the sickness moving away and with it the repressed desires he'd missed out on the last two days came back. His stomach let out a low growl and a tickle formed in his throat, letting out a cough he pointed to the far cupboard in the upper right corner of the kitchen. "In there you'll find my travel rations for when I need to go afield to hunt or forage. Should be dried meat, candied fruit, and some trail bars in there. Serve them with some warm cider and that'll be a fine breakfast. Also the cider will help you not poke holes in my old shirt." He smirked and pointed at the front of the She-Elf's shirt where the effects of the cold were showing quite obviously.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Rolling her eyes, she gave a huff. "Don't be so dramatic, if you were that close to death I'd be the first to know." Tossing the cloth back to the counter, she folded her arms beneath her breasts, feeling a bit defeated over the cooking mishap. "Well, it's not like it's as easy as you make it look, you know…" When he told her where he kept his field rations and instructed her to serve that instead, she moved to collect them but was halted in mid reach by his ending statement. Glancing back at his smirking face before looking down, her already reddened complexion spread clear to the tips of her ears as she gave an indignant scoff, turning quickly back toward the cupboard to momentarily hide her current state from view. "Dirty old Mer, stop gawking!" Collecting the various foodstuffs, she prepared two plates and tossed two mulling stones in the fire before placing the plates on the table. Pouring the cider, she fished the stones back out with a small pair of tongs and dropped them one by one into their mugs. Carrying them over, she sat them down and took her seat across from him.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Volare chuckled stealing one final glance at the woman's chest before dropping his eyes giving a few low coughs before he smiled up at her. "Thank ye for the food lassie, and for taking care of me during this...strange sickness. Never in all my years have I had something like this, and I've been in the worst conditions a body can be in. Even almost cleaved in half in the sands of Ophier with vultures stalking me."

He chuckled sardonically picking up his first stick of dried meat chomping it slowly. "As for your cooking don't worry lass. I'll domesticate you yet."

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

“Well, I couldn’t just leave you to suffer through it… though, I’m surprised that an illness like that came on so sudden. Maybe you picked something up when we were in town?” The possible explanation was a weak one, but Arayna couldn’t riddle out any more sound one at that moment. She began to eat, but gave a soft huff of a laugh and grinned at his words of domesticating her. “Perish the thought.” Taking a drink of her cider, she thought for a moment. “You should let me cast a cleansing spell, it’ll help clear the air of anything that might be lingering.”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Volare ate his food slowly mulling over her offer. He supposed it couldn't hurt, but he was still very iffy about magic being around him or in his house. But she'd kept him healthy and got him through a bad illness so maybe he could give her some trust. He nodded slowly taking a long pull of his cider letting out a low sigh. "Very well lassie, do what you need just don't blow my house up please."

He finished his food and the drink before he stood slowly up stretching his stiff body some. "I know I should try and stay up, but not sure I'll be able to go very far. I still feel very tired and stiff."

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast