Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Winter Thaw (Stormy & Siks)

The Dragon Lady
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Arayna chuckled darkly. “Not if the robbers are dead.” She followed suit with her dinnerware and moved to stand on the other side of the fireplace, casually sipping her fresh cider as she watched him build the fire.

When he reached to stir up the smoldering cinders with the poker, the freshly added logs began to smoke before the fire roared to sudden life. She quirked her brows once, giving him a smug smirk before settling into the chair opposite of his and crossing her legs at the knee. “You're welcome.”
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Pulling his hand back before the fire roared up Volare hmmed in his throat tossing another log on before returning to his chair. Magic always made him nervous. "Ay, well be careful with that lass we're in a big wooden tinder box here. As for bandits being dead before hey rob us." He snorted lightly. "We'd need to be able to see them and fight back first, and like I said the bandits know how to fight mages in this place."

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

She hmphed lightly, watching the flames dance as she took another sip. “Then I suppose I should be thankful that at least one of us knows how to fight properly.” She gave him an appraising look and shook her head. “At ease, Commander. Just because I don't care for my surroundings doesn't mean I'm going to burn them down around me.”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The old Mer nodded. "Well I'll be sure to fix that, I'll have you swinging a sword like a pro in now time. Along with other skills you'll need to survive out here. Hunting, fishing, farming, cooking, all of it. You've had a long journey so take the night to rest and relax, but farm life starts early."

Kicking his legs out he continues to sip his drink watching the dancing flames of the fire feeling a nice warmth coming from it. There wasn't much to do out here, but sometimes just sitting down and relaxing is just as good as running between bars looking for games of chance and wenches.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Unable to keep her nose from wrinkling in displeasure, she scoffed lightly. “A lady should not have weapons. Our hands are meant for matters of precision, not brute force.” She knew it was a losing battle, but it wasn't one she would give up on lightly.

Sighing, she turned her attention back to the fire, watching it pop and crackle as she took another long pull of her cider. After a short time, she shifted uncomfortably. “... I can track a trail well enough, at least that's one thing you won't have to be breathing down my neck over.”

“I don't suppose you have a proper lady's saddle for your horse?”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Volare laughed spraying his cider a little. "A lady no, but a farmhand would and you'll be a farmhand Arayna. As for the saddle I do not. There are a pair of leather pants in you room for you to change into for work. And I have a few weapons around you can train on including a sword and a bow." Finishing his drink he stood and went to refill it.

Moving slowly his mind was working on what their plans would be for tomorrow. Returning to the fire place he leaned on the mantle sipping the drink slowly. "So magic and tracking what else can you do?"

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

She scowled hard at him for that, pursing her lips with an indignant hmph! Lifting her tankard for another drink, she mumbled, “Perhaps I should reconsider setting this whole place ablaze…” Downing the last bit, she tapped her slender index fingers against the side, eyeing the empty vessel absently.

“I know the stars and can read them better than any map.” She fidgeted a little more in her seat before continuing. “I also have a good hand with animals. I can shoot a bow, but I'm no marksman…” She glanced back to him from the corner of her eye then.

“I'm also fairly good with putting into practice what I learn from books, but I suppose that skill matters little out here since it doesn't appear you bother to read.”
    Last edited by StormyNyte; 01-20-2019 at 12:31 AM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Volare nodded slowly making a mental note of everything she was telling him. It was more than he expected which pleased him, but less than he hoped. It was going to be a long day tomorrow. "Well this is all good to know young miss."

He finished his drink again then sat down in his chair. "I read plenty Arayna, in some of the storage rooms in the hall you'll find a number of bookcases to fill the hours and learn from."

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That bit of information did manage to surprise the young mage. Perhaps there was a bit of common ground to build on through this time of trials after all. “That is also good information to know, Commander.” With that said, she stood and moved to deposit her empty tankard in the washbin.

Her blue eyes met his when she turned back, their gaze still weighted but no longer condescending. “Now, since you'll likely be waking me before the break of dawn, I think it's time I take my leave.”

She placed a slender hand over her chest and offered a slow half-bow before stepping out of the room, another force of high court habit when excusing oneself from a male's presence. “Until the morn’, Master Volare.”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Volare nodded to his guest and watched her move to her room. He sat up for a few more minutes staring at the flames finalizing the last of the plans for tomorrow before he tossed one last log on the fire letting out a big yawn as he did. Luckily the house was small and the fire would burn all night and warm the place up.

Moving around he locked all the doors and windows and did one last look around before shuffling off to his bedroom. Once inside he undressed down to his small clothes and sigh reaching for a pain ointment he keeps on his nightstands. Old warriors always have old wounds and some of them never truly heal. This one was an old battle-axe wound he took in the shoulder from a fight with the Dwarves so many years ago he couldn't even guess the number. Fucking Deep-Dwellers, he usually takes them down quickly with his bow, but his trog got close and got a lucky hit in before he cleaved it's ugly bearded head.

Unscrewing the top he took a big gob of the clear glossy substance and began rubbing it generously around the jagged wound. The goop smelled strongly of mint, and he let out a low groan feeling cooling sensation quickly spread across his entire shoulder and partially down his arm. He sighed happily then replaced the lid and returned it to it's place, another big yawn followed then the old Snow Elf laid upon his bed rolling to his side to keep the ointment from messing up his bedsheets. Old pains hung on, but he'd grown used to it by now and after a quick prayer to the Creators he was asleep.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast