Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: (M) The Winter Thaw (Stormy & Siks)

The Dragon Lady
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Taking her plate and her seat, Arayna's brows knit together in thought as she took a bite of bacon. “I don't recall seeing a horse drawn plow in the forge behind the stall, Volare, do you keep it somewhere else?”

Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

He nodded slowly working on his plate of food. "Ay, it's already down there. I had begun working them before you arrived, but the soil was still slightly frozen. Hopefully the rainstorm and sun had thawed it a wee bit."

It wasn't long before the Male Mer had finished his breakfast and had dumped the plate and utensils into the sink tub. Grabbing a canteen of water and his broadsword he moved for the door. Pulling it open a warm wind blew through the opening and filled the small living space. He let out a low chuckle taking a bit of cloth tying it around his forehead and pushing back his long hair before he slung the sword and water over his broad shoulders and heading out.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    To break the cycle, one must sometimes break than be willing to repair.

Spoiler: The Stories I've written 

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Arayna was quick to finish her breakfast, thankful to know that he didn't intend for them to plow it with the strength of their own shoulders, but she hadn't put it past him. Depositing her plate and utensils, she hurried to catch up, giving little heed to being unarmed. She was not use to having to worry about such things, after all… her magic had never failed her before.

Hurrying out the door behind him, she paused as the subtle wind swirled around her, taking a deep breath of it before moving forward. How had she missed the understated beauty of it before? How had she been so willfully blind to the freshness of it?

Out here, there were no courtly expectations, no stifling rules governing propriety. Just… being, making use of what you had and adapting to unexpected change. Yes, there were still rules governing this new sense of freedom, but for the first time in her two hundred seventy-five years, Arayna finally felt like she had a say in her future, even if it was a small say.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Keeping an easy gait the He-Elf led the way to the field in question. Along the way he picked up the shovels, picks, hoes and Grim. Soon the group arrived and much to Volare's relief the half tilled fields hadn't been flooded and it looks mostly thawed out.

He let out a pleased chuckle and stabbed the tools into the soft ground before he went about connecting the heavy metal plow to Grim. As he worked he nodded to Arayna point at the already plowed rows. "I'll make the new rows. You can take the tools and clean up the parts I already set. Just make sure there are no heavy rocks, weeds, and that the mounds are even and straight. It can easily be done with the tools there." He gave her a smile and once the plow was set he clicked his tongue and began clearing the rest of the chosen plot.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    To break the cycle, one must sometimes break than be willing to repair.

Spoiler: The Stories I've written 

The Dragon Lady
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Arayna took the gloves from her waistband and pulled them on as she watched Volare hitch Grim to the plow. She then looked at the tools stuck in the ground, shaking her head. She had never needed to use any tools before herself, but they looked easy enough to figure out. Taking up a hoe, she got to work on the furrowed earth.

Her motions were slow and a bit clumsy, but she was at it with little complaint. Stooping here to pull at a weed, digging a bit there to unearth a rock and toss it away, she let her thoughts wonder a bit as she tended to her chore. Every so often, her eyes would glance up to watch Volare and Grimm as they passed, looking away with a wry smile whenever she was caught staring.

The snap of a twig caught her ear as she worked to remove another rock. Turning, she eyed the treeline carefully for a moment before shrugging it off and continuing her task, it could've been anything really.
    Last edited by StormyNyte; 02-19-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678