Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M] A Lawyers Mistake (Pidipuuu and Storm)

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Default [M] A Lawyers Mistake (Pidipuuu and Storm)

The room is dark with the exception of the dull blue LED clock displaying 5:59 AM while Sam remains wrapped in a blanket on his bed. It was slightly after midnight when he staggered into his apartment after working a double shift and still had court to face this morning. The cruel digital display seems today to take pleasure in displaying 6:00 AM as the buzzer sounds.

Sam stirs as he squints at the clock, as he reaches over to tap the silence button on top, he mumbles a threat this plastic clock is all too use to hearing
    "One of these days I am going to shoot you..." as he turns and pulls the blanket tighter around his body whishing that would bring a pause in time. That thought fades as another plots against his desire to sleep, the evil clock's ally, the coffee pot.

As the aroma of the preset brewed coffee drifts into the bedroom, Sam releases the grip on the blanket mumbling "Okay, you two win again today..." as he stirs out of the comfort of his bed. Moments later, Sam is sitting at the kitchen table with coffee in hand while opening his laptop to look over case notes.

The admission gained was questionable as was the circumstantial evidence, to Sam, it was still a clean bust, the informant might have given this defendant up just because they were rival drug dealers, but the guy was a drug dealer none the less. Looking over the case notes, the one lingering thought still on Sam's mind, who was going to be defending this dealer. With any luck, it would be some over worked public defender who will plea deal something before the judge even enters the room. Sam's day is slated for a court appearance so if a public defender does a deal, the day will belong to Sam and will keep a way overdue date with his bed and much wanted sleep.

After a shower and putting on his court appearance suit, he selects a fresh smelling cologne, just in the off chance that the cute lawyer he has come to hate and admire at the same time, Miss Black, would happen to be in the court house. A momentary thought drifts through his mind, if she was there, should he invite her out for breakfast, maybe coffee. That thought fades quickly as a shiver comes over him, what if SHE is this drug dealers lawyer?

As the digital clock on the wall displays 8:17 AM, Sam leaves his apartment and heads out to his midnight blue Lexus and starts toward the court house. Wishing so much that he would be able to see Miss Black equally hoping if he does see her, it not at the defense table in Court Room 27 at 9:00 AM.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

5:00 AM and she still didn't sleep, it was a habit that she often stayed awake before the day of the trial, to go through everything well, she stretched out for a moment and leaned back in her wooden chair, and sighed for a moment , and closed her eyes for a few seconds. "I have to win this, I'll win this," she murmured to herself, and opened her eyes again and sat down again and looked at all the papers.

Next to her on the corner of the table was a half-empty bottle of rum, one of the most expensive bottles you could imagine, it was something she had received from a drug dealer. "I am dead" she spoke to the bottle and took it and took a sip, and got up, and went to a cupboard, and put down the bottle and stared into the mirror, which was crooked above the cupboard.

She had already made several attempts to straighten the thing up, but apparently she was doing something wrong, or was it that annoying neighbor who seemed fun to sew his wife at night, at the most inhumane times.

She was shocked for a moment when she got out of her trans because she heard her first alarm clock, and began to smell the coffee, one of the small luxuries she had, a coffee maker that she could set. "5:30" she murmured and went to the bathroom and decided to take a cold shower to wake up.

Court Room 27 at 9:00 AM.

She came in, in a black dress, it was tight, and she wore a short jacket and red high heels, her dark red hair was tight in a tail, and she put her glasses a little better on her nose, she saw her client already standing, surrounded by several people and police, she shook her disapprovingly her head "Gentlemen if you want to be so kind as to leave my client alone" she spoke calmly but it felt like a cold shiver

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Traffic was backed up on the expressway as usual as Sam took the back streets. As everything else was plotting against him, Horizon Parkway had an accident … Today! "To hell with it..."

Sam pulled his tear drop blue light from the dash and set it in the plate on his dash clicking the light on as well as selecting 'Wail' on the siren selector. "This is an emergency..." he reasons to himself as he veers into the turn lane to get around the traffic back up. Even with that, it is 8:57 AM when he rolls into the court house parking lot. "Hell, the judge is going to have my ass..." Sam grumbles as he makes a sprint to the court house.

Court Room 27, 9:04 AM

Sam adjusts his suit and powers up his Galaxy Tablet his notes are on as he enters the court room. The bailiff whispers
    "Gee, nice of you to join us, His Honor - Judge Swift is running a few minutes behind … as usual, your Sergeant has already asked about where you were and mentioning Parking Lot Patrol at Costco if you were not here before the Judge arrives."

Sam doesn't bother looking toward the defense table as he makes his way to the witness area where he is met by Sergeant Johnson and Detective Marquard. Sergeant Johnson offers
    "Nice of you to make it here. You realize 9:00 AM means 9:00 AM local time, right?"

Sam refrains from an eye roll and simply offers back "Really, I guess I didn't get the memo on that onnnnnn…." as he then glances toward the defense table and catches a glimpse of Lydia "...oh great, guess we are in for a long day. Please tell me that Detective Marquard's informant at least will grace us with an appearance to corroborate his statement he verbally made to Marquard to get the search warrant."

"We shouldn't need that, this guy has a record longer than main street. We can go with that as PC for the warrant. If asked, just ... you know … be a little hazy in what you remember in the warrant affidavit. And you might want to look over the updated case notes, we tweaked your report … a little, make sure you offer what is in the current case notes when on the stand. If not, the case might get tossed with that Bitch defending that ass wipe."

Sam closes his eyes a moment shaking his head softly before looking back to Sergeant Johnson "You know sarge, I must have missed this part in court ethics taught in the academy, well, at lease the one I went to in Seattle. You realize why I keep my notes off line, so I have access to an unalterable report. My report and notes are what I am going to go with, you know, at least last time I checked, making false statements while under oath is slightly frowned upon."

"Look, we are in a bind here, I am not going to tell you to lie … just … be hazy in your memory … shut down your tablet, let the report get entered into evidence, talk about workload and a foggy memory, we might get a continuance to build something more on that ass wipe. If not, YOU will be the one responsible in letting that asshole walk out of the court room today."

Sam looks over toward the dealer and bites his lower lip as his eyes meet Lydia's. Finally offers to Sergeant Johnson
    "You have called me Fucking Boy Scout often enough. Sorry, if I testify, I am using my report and notes. If Mr. Dealer goes free, I will still look to bring him down, fairly, by the rules we are suppose to enforce."

Sergeant Johnson looks over toward the Prosecutor shaking his head No. The prosecutor steps over to Lydia
    "Miss Black, I just wanted to notify you we will be asking for a continuance, it seems that a State witness has not arrived yet, will you agree to a continuance or do I need to put the motion before the Judge when he arrives?"
    Last edited by Storm; 10-14-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Lydia saw black and saw a glimpse of Sam, and a small, somewhat fake smile appeared on her lips and she looked at her Client. neatly down and discussed some points with her client.

Lydia knew she had to win this, because she knew where this man could do if they were going to lose this case, because they had not had a lawyer-client realization, but she had also had a small intimate relationship with this man, she slipped for a moment eyes again to Sam, who was busy talking. with the public prosecutor, and she grabbed her iPhone 6 and looked into it and grinned.

Lydia had her ways of finding out things, she had always become a freelance lawyer at a young age, and she also had other things she was pretty good at, like working with computers, and then we are not really talking about some simple things.

Lydia was shocked when she was taken out of her own little thinking world, and looked at the prosecutor for a moment, and that one kind smile that made most men melted appeared on her lips. "Ow don't worry, there is a witness "she spoke kindly.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Just as Rick Renner, Public Prosecutor, ready's his protest, the bailiff announces
    "All rise, his honor the honorable Richard Swift presiding."

Rich returns to his seat as Judge Swift is seated looking over the first case file, the bailiff announces
    "The first case on the docket is AB-27362, Mr. Renner, is the City ready to proceed?"

Rich looks to his case file and scans the public seating in an effort to appear that they actually had a witness to support the BS story the police gave to get the warrant. He then looks to Judge Swift
    "Your honor, it seems that one of out witnesses is not hear yet. I am asking that the report and statement (statement written and forged signature by the police) be allowed in Liew of our first witness, it was properly notarized and witnessed at signing.

Judge Swift looks to Lydia
    "Miss Black, do you have any objections to allow the notarized statement to serve as a prosecution witness." through a smirk already knowing what her response should be.

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Lydia listened attentively to his words, and couldn't resist chuckling, and looked at the judge and listened to his words, of course, she could give their way, and let them do what they wanted but she wasn't like that and she bit momentarily on her pen and thought.

"Yes, I have objections to these statements, since these witnesses are not entirely reliable, given his medical past," she spoke and grabbed her old worn-out leather bag and fumbled for a moment and "Ahh there you are" she spoke and took out lipstick for a moment and looked at Sam for a moment. "What? Can I not make my lips nice red?" she asked and winked at him once, and then the cold gaze of the man next to her fell and she looked at him for a moment, and sighed "fine, I have the documents here" and she searched her bag again and got an old document and put her bag next to her and went to the judge and handed him the papers.

"As you can see, their witnesses have been in a closed ward for a little while, because of hallucinations, and he is still taking medication every day, so how reliable are these witnesses?" she asked and looked at the opponents for a moment and grinned a little. "But if you don't mind, I'd like to call in my witnesses, if the gentlemen don't mind"
    “I won’t forgive you. I won’t forget you yet, but I’m going to leave you and move on.” – Hatori Chise

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

As Lydia produces her own documents, Judge Swift thumbs through the investigator notes his office undertook. He finally looks up from his tablet and toward Prosecutor Renner

"Aside from Miss Black's questioning your witness mental stability and visual recollection, my offices' private investigator uncovered a slight inconsistency with the witness statement presented here. It would seem that the date and time that your witness signed his statement in the police station, your 'witness' was in county lock up for drunk and disorderly conduct, 175 miles out of town. Pretty incredible feat if I do say so my self. My office will be in touch with yours after we conclude this trial for follow up on this … matter..."

Rich stands feeling his career coming to a close biting at his lower lip. Damn cops assured him that the statement was iron clad, just take a few hundred dollars and introduce it as valid. Rich thinks 'I am so fucked, why the hell didn't I record the conversation with those back stabbing cops...'.

Judge Renner continues "I find the statement from this missing witness inadmissible. Miss Black, call your witness should you have one that is not in county lock up and is actually in State." giving Prosecutor Renner a cold stare.

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Lydia had a satisfied grin on her face, she could enjoy it pretty well if everything went according to plan, she looked at her client who put his hand on her shoulder for a moment, and whispered in her ear, they would normally think he was worried but they were rather small threats, letting her now that she needs to win.

Lydia felt a cold shiver go down her back and she bit her lower lip and then looked to the judge "I can assure you that my witness is not in county lock, here I am calling myself Lydia Black as a witness," she spoke and stands up, and walked to the place where the witnesses always took place.
    “I won’t forgive you. I won’t forget you yet, but I’m going to leave you and move on.” – Hatori Chise

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

As Lydia announced herself as a witness, a grin formed on Rich's face as he pounces on this opportunity

"Your honor, prosecution does accept Miss Black as defense witness. Prosecution therefor also wishes to submit a motion to the court to declare a conflict of interest in Miss Black's ability to both witness and defend her client." Rich knows this will only delay the trial by a few days, hopefully a week or so with the backlog of cases his boss has been lately filing in a bid to be seen as a crime deterrent for when he runs for office later this year.

Judge Swift looks over his docket and skims through precedence, he certainly will not give the prosecution an open door for filing a mistrial for at least not scheduling a conflict of interest hearing. Judge Swift looks to Lydia
    "Miss Black, the court accepts you as a witness in this case. Mr. Renner, I will hear arguments for dismissing Miss Black as defendants council, have your oral arguments ready tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. Bailiff, return the defendant to custody, Miss Black, please prepare your rebuttal to a dismissal of representation for tomorrow morning continuance. I am ordering a continuance pending oral arguments which will be presented at 9:00 AM tomorrow morning. Next case."

As this is going on, Sergeant Johnson leans over to Sam whispering "If you want to last in this department, I suggest that your offline file disappears and get with the program. If you want to be a fuckin Boy Scout, go to the local scout building and volunteer, get with the program or that will be your next job." Not giving Sam a chance to protest, Sergeant Johnson and Detective Marquard stand and start out of the courtroom taking time to walk close to Lydia giving her a smirk "Didn't work out like you thought, did it L?" before leaving without giving her an opportunity to spit out a response.

Sam remains in his chair for a moment with a frustrated sigh. The beautiful lawyer's client is as dirty as they come however he will not resort to breaking the lay to see this guy get put away. Sam sits a long moment looking at his tablet before closing the off line file. More to himself "Nope, I am not getting rid of you, that would rid me of my integrity too." before looking up and around hoping to catch a glimpse of Lydia.

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Her blood was almost boiling with anger when she saw Rich's grin, and she had to restrain herself, and heard the judge's words and looked at him and nodded gently and stood up, when Rich's walked past her and spoke the strong smell of his perfume, and watched as everyone left the room and suddenly felt the dying grip of her client, who didn't look cheerful, she sighed and spoke a few words to him, and fell as someone looked at her and she looked a moment behind and saw Sam and pulled her wrist loose and stroked it.

Lydia walked out of the room with her client, she felt how he stroked her back and grinned at her, she talked a few things with him and quickly ran away from him, you could hear her heels echoing through the corridors and she walked quickly to the elevator and walked in and pressed on the floor of the garage and closed her eyes for a moment and sighed "I must have some whiskey, and those damn shoes hurt" and she took off her heels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast