Thread: Interest ● Alpha Moon ● D&D in Space?

Giga Onion
    A Garden Playin Some Killer Future Funk With Me Veggy Friends
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Interest ● Alpha Moon ● D&D in Space?

"There has always been a need, a need to find meaning in a small existence"

THE PREMISE
    Ever since the start of the Adamantine Era (6395 AE), the Locus Sector has seen unprecedented growth; the likes of which little has seen since the Radixian Industrial Revolution in the Mithral Era. However even with growth being the highest its ever been, there has been festering ideologies among those against this growth and those for this growth. Those for this growth are seen as Expansionists, hoping to gain every bit of planetary land, in hopes of expanded their economies. While those against this growth are seen as Isolationists, hoping to keep expansion at a minimum in hopes of protecting sovereignty.

As such with these two conflicting ideologies now in play in the sector-wide political dance, the two biggest feudal societies, the Grand Barony of Radix and the Elvish Barony of Oseron, have taken it upon themselves to flagship one side of the spectrum. Thus, the Grand Barony has come to adopt the Expansionist ideology while the Elvish Barony has come to adopt the Isolationist ideology; putting the two at odds with each other.

With the two biggest feudal societies now at odds with each other, the rest of the sector are subsequently brought into this political bout. Forming a sort of uneasy peace or cold war; anyone willing to pull the trigger at a moments notice.

WHAT TO EXPECT
    Alpha Moon™ is a space fantasy filled to the brim with magic as well as technology that likes of which many have seen in other science fiction mediums. Essentially, this is D&D in space. What I hope to achieve here is to create a narrative well enough to be used in future D&D campaigns of mines while as keeping with a story that is developed here on this site.

Mechanics
    What might you be expecting in terms of mechanics? Well, expect a nontraditional approach to the typical D&D format (Atypical / Unorthodox D&D). Stats and other modifiers will be in play here, but you won't be rolling dice or anything like that. Rather you'll be making actions based on my reactions based on the stats and modifiers you have in your character. Essentially, you make a significant action and I decide (by rolling dice and adding any relevant modifiers) what happens as a result of the dice and the significant action (boiled down further: I do all the heavy lifting, you just make sure the narrative continues to flow; attempting to create a seamless flow of action in a scene). Nonimportant actions, such as scaling small obstacles, will not require a roll.

Magic & Technology
    Magic and Technology work interchangeably, meaning should technology fail magic will always pick up the slack. This interchangeability comes in the form of Magitech. Magitech, in this universe, is further culminated in the famous Vibaro Magion Drive, which is a FTL Drive that allows a ship to achieve FTL speeds by traversing the Universal Ley Lines (magical streams in the universe; these streams are what give life to planets and come from the center of galaxies while also flowing through suns cause of the greater gravitational force).

Weapons, such as a sword or a laser pistol, largely function the same (with some weapons being assisted by magic to produce greater effects; these are called Ingrams for reference).

Spaceships, such as a frigate or a cruiser, largely function the same as well (with the only magical thing about them being the Vibaro Magion Drive; which allows them to achieve those aforementioned FTL-speeds).

The Story
    To those that didn't really gleam the story from the premise, you'll be playing characters (whether noble or not) that are going get embroiled in the eventual Locus War. I won't say what will happen to cause a war to breakout, but that's pretty much what the story is going to be about. However that story will be the Plot A for this first installment, and I expect Plot Bs and Cs to appear as well during play. Think of the story as a fluid railroad. Should the party find a different plot, it will (somehow) tie itself back; keeping the party relatively on track.

How many people can Join?
    Currently, 6-8 as that'll fill the crew spots needed to pilot a small frigate (called a Free Merchant). And yes, you'll be given a ship at the start, and yes you'll have to designate someone as captain.

That's everything I have to sell you on this unorthodox campaign! Hope you join me in the stars!
    Last edited by Dire Hoef; 01-11-2019 at 02:12 AM.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    𝐆 𝐋 𝐈 𝐓 𝐂 𝐇
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

what you are thinking of exists. it's called Spelljammer

but i may be interested

Spoiler: Things I like 

Giga Onion