Thread: Danny Phantom

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Default Danny Phantom

In case you haven't noticed, I am big Danny Phantom fan. That's why I have decided to create this thread to discuss anything related to, dare I say it, one of the best cartoons of my time. Certainly one of the best superhero cartoons I remember watching as a kid.

I was little upset to discover that the series only lasted for three seasons, personally. It had the potential to match or even outlive The Fairly Odd Parents, even though they both were made by the same person. Hence, if case some of you haven't noticed, the drawing style between Danny Fenton/Phantom and Timmy Turner are almost, if not the exact same, especially when it comes to the hair style.

Anyways, I remember reading somewhere that even Butch Hartman, the man had the mind to hatch Danny Phantom, said that Danny Phantom was one of his best works. I also recall hearing that he wanted to do a reboot of the series, but didn't have the funding needed. Even though I would love to see the show continue, I have mixed feelings about how Mr. Hartman wants to continue it if he did get the funding. He wants to do a ten years later series, which part of me would love to see, but hate to see it at the same time as it probably wouldn't have the same feel that the original 2004-2007 series had.

What were your thoughts on the series or a potential reboot? Share them with us in the thread!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Bump.

Give into Decay...
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I had a notebook of fanfiction as a kid after it was over. My cousin and I made a bunch of "monster books" and I took a toilet roll covered in paper with buttons as stickers to capture the ghosts. I was a huge fan.

I wouldn't trust Danny Phantom with Butch Hartman at all. I don't know when it happened but he seemed to spiral out of control after leaving Nick. I've seen his 10 years later videos, and I was following him, and so I saw that madness unfold. I felt like a lot of what he said made no sense as well. Ghosts aren't dead people? What about the cheese mansion guy? I feel like if there was a sequel and he was in charge he would just ruin it.

Saying that, I'm not against reboots. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is the best at them. Each series is actively connected. Turtles Forever introduced the concept and the 2012 series solidified that. I don't mind that because it felt complete and yet still interconnected. Danny Phantom could definitely pull that off. A multiverse would fit very nicely into the series.

Actually going to contradict myself here but Butch did have a lot of good ideas. Vlad coming back is a great idea. Aliens... I don't know how I feel about that but branching out beyond ghosts could have been really cool. I also really loved the idea of Dani becoming a main character in season 4, which is what he wanted. That would have been epic. I loved her. He had so many great ideas. But. Huge but. I feel like all of those ideas are based on what he wanted to do before they got canceled and all of the things I don't like are ideas he has now.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is...