Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M] Mediocris Bellica (IC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default [M] Mediocris Bellica (IC)

This RP is rated M for mature situations, language, and mentions of drug use. Please use caution when viewing.

Fairy Tales, Myths, Legends, Fables, Tall Tales- we've heard one or another at some point in our lives and they have all been heavily sugarcoated. For some reason everyone is afraid of telling the truth, no one wants to be responsible for ruining the imagination and wonder that came with the telling of these stories. I don't mean the "truths," that already exist- of the little mermaid turning to sea foam, of Alice and the looking glass, of Peter defending Neverland- all of those are lies. Your world of fairy tales are completely different from mine, whereas your picture books and movies are things of imagination, my grey skies and the air heavy with that of magic and ill intent are real.

Sin, debauchery, pain, and suffering is all that we know. The world you read about is not full of rainbows and daisies. Every day is something new, be it a new blood stain on the streets, a body laying face first in an alley left to rot, a public execution because some poor soul was caught stealing and the already scared citizens are oppressed even further, some rich bastard flaunting and parading around with pockets full of gems and gold to see what kind of women he can lure to lay with him, or the misuse of magic to completely change the flow of the universe.

Only those so full of evil and hatred take joy in watching the weak suffer. And it is only those who are so full that keep history from rewriting itself but in the worst way possible.

In this world we call Entis, this world we call home, we have run out of hope for the light and for freedom. We have run out of resistance. We all are a dying race.

Entis has never been so...dark. With the big Four ruling nothing is peaceful, hell even the magic is different. We had countermeasures to prevent something such as this from happening. A small group of heroes called 'Spellbound', that dedicated themselves to keep the citizens and magic safe. But we were ungrateful and took them for granted, casting them aside as wannabe heroes. Now we are left unprotected and woefully ill prepared for the lives we now have to live.

What a hypocrite! As soon as Spellbound actually started to make a name for itself you were dead set on them disbanding, because you thought they were all narcissistic ego maniacs! Now that they're all dead, lost, soulless, or missing you want to cry about it?

I'm not crying about it, I'm simply stating what everyone is feeling. You animals are all the same, all bark and no bite.

"What is it you humans say- too much T.V. will rot your brain?"

"Ha ha that was very funny Ludus." Having spent many moons away from civilization gaining information was always Alaura's top priority, aside from food water and shelter of course.
    And living with a five foot tall wolf for eight years one tends to almost become a recluse.

Test my patience again nymph and we'll see who has no bite. Sorry folks it looks like that's all the time we have today, stayed tuned for next weeks broadcast and remember
    if you've got static you've got Starleaf.

Free form news was a very dangerous thing to watch, let alone broadcast, but it's been becoming popular among some of the animal and human populations. To say she wasn't a fan would be the biggest understatement of the decade- the young adult was an absolute junkie. To be fair they did provide her with the most relevant news and information on politics and any type of movement from the Big Four. Sighing softly she turned to her companion and nodded, before the two headed further into the city.

"Remember you only have three days gather Intel and whatever supplies you need, I'll be moving ahead and meeting up with the rest of the pack, we'll only wait for a week. And don't forget
    you carry my mark use it wisely."

"Yes Ludus I remember, I'm not a pup anymore." The wolf only huffed in amusement, before nudging Alaura's head with affection and trotting off down the road. He was a major hard ass, but on the inside he had a bleeding heart. She watched him go until she could no longer see him, before turning down a familiar road to finish business of her own. One thing she enjoyed most about visiting Animara was the dirt roads and the endless nature that ran through out the city. But this road in particular seemed to have less foot traffic than most and grew darker the further you traveled down it. Some say that Maleficent once walked down this road and the shadows that followed her settled down, others say that there was a powerful warlock that cursed the area on the orders of the Red Queen. 'What ridiculous notions' But then again the residents of Animara seemed to be the type of folk that enjoyed a joke or two and when they had a good one, boy did they milk it. Most travelers and tourists' stay away from this area because the rumors tend to get more ridiculous by the year. With a small smile Alaura put up her hood and continued down the road.

Walking down the path was dark, yes, but there was enough openings in the canopies to filter in small patches of sunlight. There was beauty everywhere, but then again Sampaguita and Fiorella were beauty queens. They couldn't stand for anything to be out of place or unsightly. There were moon flowers, evening primroses, and four o' clocks on every bush and tree and the nearby lake had tropical night water lilies floating about. It didn't take too much longer for Alaura to reach her destination- a small cottage nestled between bushes and bushes of moon flowers and underneath a weeping willow. It was a quaint little place with a blue roof, brown cobblestone walls, and rounded windows. Sampaguita must have repainted the roof. Knocking twice and giving a short whistle afterward Alaura waited for the door to open. Hurried shuffling could be heard from the other side, before the door flung open and she came face to face with a night snake just as tall as she was, and before the brunette could even open her mouth, she was wrapped in coils and dragged inside with the door closing behind them.

"Ay diosss mío, Alaura, where have you been?!"

"It's good to see you too Fio."

"We've been trying to get in touch with you for monthsss!"

"What, did Sampa run out of moon beads again? I told her I'd bring some with me next time I go to-"

"No, escúchame por favor! It's about paint!"

Alaura's face couldn't get any straighter than what it was now. But then again maybe the laws of nature could be broken....just this once. These two had a special talent at grating her nerves with their antics, but they always provided her with information she asked for so she couldn't complain...too much. Ignis give me strength

"Fio...I love you, but paint? Sampa please explain..."

"She ran out of that green paint you brought back from Procella."

"You two don't undersstand!"

"No! You don't understand! We got information about a possible sighting of an ex Spellbound member and you're complaining about paint!" The sound of wing beats could be heard from the rafters as a giant golden-crowned flying fox flew down to the two of them, fixing it's eyes on the snake with a glare. Alaura perked up at that news and looked up at the bat the best she could from her position wrapped up in Fiorella's coils. "Do you know who it may have been?" She asked in a hopeful tone. Sampaguita looked down at Alaura her expression softer, but serious all the same and shook her head. A sigh and a nod was all Alaura could give, there was no point in getting her hopes up so soon- she learned that the hard way.

"Fiorella, put the girl down we've got some things to discuss." The snake nodded and gently set Alaura down, before slithering off the kitchen.

"I'll put on some tea."
    Spoiler: Signature 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

The Cheshire Cat peeked his head through the wall, about three feet left of the doorway. "Hello..." he said in a distracted voice. He smiled. "Alaura, is it?" His head turned 180 degrees, totally upside down. "I'm the Cheshire Cat. Have you seen my Alice?" He came all the way through the wall, lounging midair. He levitated over, circling her head, before resting on her shoulders. Oddly, he had no weight. "I'm rather bored, and it's always fun when she's around." He chuckled. "Yes, fun..."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Both Alaura and Sampaguita turned their heads to the new voice and nearly jumped out of their collective skin and fur. Just what kind of creature was this? It looked like a cat, but the smile and ability to phase through objects and turn it's head a whole 180 begged to differ.

"Ah yes that's me, h-how do you know my name?" She asked as she walked closer to inspect their strange visitor, but a wing stopped her before she could get any closer.

"Careful Alaura he could be a spy from Wonderland. What do you really want cat, there is no Alice here." The bat hissed, pulling the young woman closer to her larger frame.

Fantasy, Sci-Fy, and some Modern Gothic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Quite a ways from home aren't we now, Jason." He muttered to himself. This place was beautiful, almost a stark contrast to the town he called home. He smiled to himself, "Hard to believe flowers and such can grow like this, almost makes you want to believe everything is like this." Using his club as an impromptu walking stick, he traveled down the dark path, towards a small cottage with a blue roof. A few weeks back he'd gotten word that there was someone here that might be able to give him some information for his journey. "Alas, as beautiful as things are here," his face darkened to a grim expression, "is anything in this world what it seems?" Jason steeled himself, and knocked on the door of the cottage. "Hello? Is anyone home?"
    "It's not my fault the moon happened to get caught in the blast...."
    ~Theron

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sampa and Fio must be getting more popular. Looking towards the door Alaura slipped away from Sampaguita and made her way towards the door. She looked back at the giant bat, but she seemed too busy with her stare off with the strange cat. Pulling up her black hood she opened the top half of the door.

"Yes, state your name and business."

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

He paid no mind to the fact he had already stated his name. "The Cheshire Cat. And I don't know why I'm here." he smiled again. "This body rather does what it wants." he looked around, fixing his head. "No Alice, then? Such a shame." He drifted to the floor, and bounced, like a rubber ball. He began to hum a tune, with no particular beat. Or key. Or anything, really. He was just changing pitch every so often. "Trust me, or don't, I don't trust me myself." he chuckled.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Genne sighs...

"No...no...no again...oh wow you two get a room! No...ewww...no..no."

Sitting on the large Persian Rug with many wonderful pillows around her, she was pressing a button with her index finger that floated in midair to her right. Each time she pressed it another current view of the world appeared on a very large scroll spread out on it's side (think widescreen). For 198 years now she has been stuck in her lamp watching the world interact with out her.

How dull....

How boring...

Oh how she wanted to be out there too.

Yet there was a catch. If she was out there it meant someone rubbed at her lamp buried somewhere in this world. She thought maybe in some ruin from what little she could tell via her scroll-screen. But it was hard to tell at times. Rub a dub dub meant...

"Hello Master..."

There was always a catch.

She missed the Cheshire Cat, how he always made her laugh and keep her company. But inside here, that was a no go, she could only watch as he searched for his Alice. A shame she couldn't help the puss, he could be so debonair and dashing when the mood strikes. Or a royal pain in the ass.

Got to love friends.

Pressing the button to make scroll disappear and button along with. Genee got up from the floor and stretched, slowly walking over the curved side that made up her lamp, the squeaky sound of fist rubbing on glass could be heard as she peers outside to her most immediate surroundings. Hmmm still daylight, maybe this will be the day someone finds me. Would be nice to be on the outside...maybe find true love...just please don't let this guy be another dictator craz-iac! The last two were bad enough I wanted to hurl.

Ok so maybe she's a romantic, but most genies are that are good. Think about it, you meet that special someone...fall in love...obstacles in the way to over come. So sweet of an adventure to be had. Maybe her mom and dad were doing that now, in some far off place whispering sweet nothings to each other. Or morning the loss of Aladdin... together.

Turning around she pressed her back against the curved side that made up her walls and slowly slid down to sit on the floor. Her head tilting up at the space above where the spout of her lamp is, wondering when her life would change.

Fantasy, Sci-Fy, and some Modern Gothic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jason eyed the hooded figure inquisitively, he'd not expected anyone to answer so soon. He relaxed his stance a bit, and lighted his face to a more neutral expression. Glancing into the cottage he replied, "Name's Peg, I've heard that the people who live here might be able to help me out." he replied. "I'd much appreciate it if you'd hear me out, but in these times," He returned his gaze to the hooded figure before him and smirked slightly, "I'd understand if you didn't want strangers around."
    "It's not my fault the moon happened to get caught in the blast...."
    ~Theron

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

"Oh, strangers? Strangers are no harm. It's the ones you know... The ones you know who can hurt you worst!" He chirped. A surprisingly morbid string of words in a very upbeat tone of voice. He peeked his head through the door. "You seem... veracious." He turned to Alaura. "He seems veracious, doesn't he?" He smiled. It seemed he was always smiling. But smiles can mean many things. In this case, he was smiling because Peg seemed veracious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alaura stared Jason down activating her mark in the process, she was looking for something that would negate his claim. Her wolf eyes glowed underneath her hood,
    but only for a second as it seemed she found what she was looking for. "Yes do come in, but please..." She leaned in slightly "Be mindful of what you say." The brunette
    whispered before leaning back and opening the door fully to invite Jason in. It was at that moment that Fiorella finally came out of the kitchen with a tray of tea and
    snacks balanced precariously in her coils.

"I heard two more voicesss so I brought enough to sshare." She hissed, setting the tray down on a large round table in the middle of the room. That seemed to pulled Sampaguita
    out of her one sided stare off with the magical cat.

"Wolf, please head out to the garden as we talk with our guests." Alaura nodded and disappeared into the kitchen, a couple seconds later the sound of a door opening and closing
    could be heard, signalling her departure. Both informants took a seat at the table and motioned for both Jason and the Cheshire Cat to join them.

"I am Sampaguita and the snake is Fiorella, if you've come here then you know what we do, so how may the both of us help you?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast