View Poll Results: Which plot version(s) should we use? (YOU CAN CHOOSE MORE THAN ONE!)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heroes of the Light (ORIGINAL)

0 0%
  • Renaissance (PAST REBOOT)

0 0%
  • A combination of the two (PLEASE EXPLAIN IN THE THREAD)

5 100.00%
  • Other (PLEASE EXPLAIN IN THE THREAD)

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts Interest Check w/ Poll

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Kingdom Hearts Interest Check w/ Poll

Once upon a time, on a website called Roleplay Adventures, a site member named Dracodeathtalon created a Kingdom Hearts RP called "Kingdom Hearts: Heroes of the Light". The RP was off to a slow start at first, but eventually attracted a small but faithful group of RPers, making it a modest success. A few pages into the RP, however, something changed; I'll spare you the details, but suffice to say that a few players ultimately ended up losing touch with the RP, and the RP itself carried on for a time before eventually slowing to a halt and meeting its end in the Parody/Fanfic Recycle Box.

Some time later, those few members who drifted away decided to create their own reboot of DracoDeathtalon’s RP, having truly enjoyed the essential storyline of the RP. A few distinctive changes were made, but the basics of the plot remained more or less the same, and thus the RP “Kingdom Hearts: Renaissance” was born. GM’ed by Lady Celeste and Yamimoon, this RP was also a success, and even earned the Staff’s Choice for Roleplay of the Week at the time, but it also eventually met an untimely end in the recycle box due to several factors that I won’t bore you with here.

Now comes the third chapter in our little saga. After a long hiatus from RPA, DracoDeathtalon has returned to the website. Lady Celeste contacted DracoDeathtalon and Yamimoon to see if they were interested in another reboot of the Kingdom Hearts RP, and sure enough, they both agreed. However, the past two versions did have a few differences that, though relatively minor, would need to be sorted out before starting the new reboot.

And so, in this interest check, the plots from both versions of the RP have been included below, so that anyone who’s interested can vote on which version of the plot they would like to use for the new reboot. And of course, any other suggestions and/or possible combinations of the two are always welcome.

So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and cast your votes, or post your own ideas/suggestions if you have any! And if you’re interested, feel free to say so in this thread.

Spoiler: Heroes of the Light (Original Version) 

Spoiler: Renaissance (Rebooted Version) 
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 01-21-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

To be completely honest, I’m fine with either version of the RP. I even dreamed up a brand new version of Vanigx if we’re doing your reboot. Basically, the Blue fairy granted his wish after many years, but at the cost of him losing his mechanical form and abilities along with that same keyblade. To compensate, he went to a very different world and trained under summoners along with training under Cloud until he had been chosen to be Bahamut’s master. His armor was made to synergize with his partner while his keyblade came to look like Excalibur 2 due to purging his innermost darkness

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think a combination of the two would be quite nice so that way characters from the past could still have a dark and gritty tone because of everything that has happened. Sora would be alive and we would go and rescue him, but the keyblade bearers in the RP would be the last chance to take down Xehanort for good. They would need to discover a summon that suits them best but the summon chooses them. All the while, the organization and Sephiroth would be standing in their path throughout the story. Even Vanitas and the darker side of Vanigx would manifest a physical form of its own.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I like the mixture one the best, that way the rp has a clear end game goal as well as available reasons why we want to progress.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

All however have low experience in Westerns.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I would say that a mix of the two would be great! And I'm completely fine to discuss anything. I cannot wait to continue this! Keep me posted
    Spoiler: Sigs 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Spirit, it’s great to see ya!

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So it looks like the consensus so far is to combine the two past versions into one. Now we just have to work out which details from each version to use in this new reboot, and any other details we can add. For instance...

1. Will Sora be dead or alive/kidnapped at the start? Draco has said he’s up for the latter, and that’s how it was in the version Yami and I did, so unless anyone has any objections I’m inclined to consider this one settled.

2. What role will the Wraiths play in the RP, if any? I’d like to wait for Yami’s input before making any decisions in this regard, since the Wraiths and the light crystal quest were originally Yami’s idea. However, whatever we decide here may affect some of Yami’s characters from the Renaissance version (esp. Noctis and Undine).

3. If we go with Draco’s idea for summons for each Keyblade wielder (which I personally find very interesting), what kind of summons will they be? Do they have to be native to each character’s respective world, and/or will they be of the same general species much like the Dream Eaters from Dream Drop Distance? What role, if any, will they play in the overall plot?

4. There may be other details I missed, but this is what comes to mind at this exact moment.

Draco’s suggestion for the combined version looks like a good start, so if anyone has any other suggestions we’d love to hear them! I’d also like to get Yami’s input, especially on the subject of Noctis, Undine, and the Wraiths.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I meant for the summons to be relative to Final Fantasy

- - - Updated - - -

They would be used for power ups, transportation, and even combat assistance as a separate entity

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

As for their role, they could help each wielder reach their full potential while giving a fighting chance against the full force of darkness
    Last edited by DracoDeathtalon; 01-21-2019 at 10:03 PM.

All however have low experience in Westerns.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I personally like the idea of the wraiths, and I have a question about the summon idea, which I am totally liking the idea, but if they are the summons going to be treated as individuals? What I mean is for example, FFX's Shiva is different than say FFXIII's? And yes Spirit is saying it ow, if this is the case, she wants FFX's version because she's my favorite version of her.

@Draco Also I've missed you around here, glad to see you back
    Spoiler: Sigs 

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast