Thread: Apocalyptic Roleplay Interest Check

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Apocalyptic Roleplay Interest Check

Hey! My other two were massive failures, One is slightly better than the other but still sucked. Now then, I have three different ideas for Apocalyptic Roleplays.
    1. Boring Apocalypse. I propose the idea of a group of people who are just... bored by the apocalypse. Standard nuclear war wipes out a bunch of people. It'll be a more sarcastical, satirical play on traditional apocalypses. Full of snark, comedy, and apocalypse tropes. Fun most likely.
    2. Pit Apocalypse. I propose the idea that incredibly deep caves filled with alien metal were discovered deep in the amazon. When scientists pop 'em open, however, it is discovered that the metal changes animal and plant life. Incredibly dangerous animals come out of the cave, along with the metal. It changes life on Earth very quickly mutating everything it comes in contact with. Remaining humans must contend with the dangerous creatures. Oh, and mutant humans. Not X-men style, more like zombie-style.
    3. Air Apocalypse. I propose the idea that scientists have created air purifiers, very efficient, and it completely wipes out human-made climate change by taking the carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen, like a plant. Only better. Increases Earth's oxygen level, which in turn makes life go crazy. Plants grow much bigger, as do animals. Both evolve quicker. Humans are bigger, faster, stronger, better, but so is literally everything, and everything else becomes more aggressive because if they do it right, they can become dominant species. So yeah, man vs. wild, Oxygen edition.

Those are my ideas. Tell me if you wanna do them.
    Last edited by SaltyIrishman; 01-23-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'm in for some post-apocalyptica. I know there's a Fallout thread somewhere, but that's closed.
    I'd personally go for the standard and boring apocalypse. Nuclear bombs and the likes are a bit basic and drastic, but I always felt a more nature-driven apocalypse was the most realistic setting for modern apocalypses.

Would still be in for a Fallout RP, though. Don't know if you're up for it, would be able to Co-GM it since I know enough about the lore, but you do whatever you like. Depends on who's interested.

In any case, in for traditional post-apocalyptica. Others look cool too, if properly thought out.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Okay, cool!