Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Kingdom Hearts :: Shattered Remains [PG-13]

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Default [OOC] Kingdom Hearts :: Shattered Remains [PG-13]

RATING INFO :: This RP is rated PG-13 so as to give players as much creative freedom as possible without losing the spirit of the Kingdom Hearts franchise. As such, this RP may contain action/fantasy violence, mild/infrequent instances of inappropriate language, partial or implied nudity, mild sexual references/situations, etc.

Once upon a time, on a website called Roleplay Adventures, a site member named Dracodeathtalon created a Kingdom Hearts RP called "Kingdom Hearts: Heroes of the Light". The RP was off to a slow start at first, but eventually attracted a small but faithful group of RPers, making it a modest success. A few pages into the RP, however, something changed; I'll spare you the details, but suffice to say that a few players ultimately ended up losing touch with the RP, and the RP itself carried on for a time before eventually slowing to a halt and meeting its end in the Parody/Fanfic Recycle Box.

Some time later, those few members who drifted away decided to create their own reboot of DracoDeathtalon’s RP, having truly enjoyed the essential storyline of the RP. A few distinctive changes were made, but the basics of the plot remained more or less the same, and thus the RP “Kingdom Hearts: Renaissance” was born. GM’ed by Lady Celeste and Yamimoon, this RP was also a success, and even earned the Staff’s Choice for Roleplay of the Week at the time, but it also eventually met an untimely end in the recycle box due to several factors that I won’t bore you with here.

Now comes the third chapter in our little saga. After a long hiatus from RPA, DracoDeathtalon has returned to the website. Lady Celeste contacted DracoDeathtalon and Yamimoon to see if they were interested in another reboot of the Kingdom Hearts RP, and sure enough, they both agreed.

And so, this thread was born.

Spoiler: Plot 

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Accepted Canon Characters 

Spoiler: Original & Pseudo-Canon Characters 

Spoiler: Guest Characters 
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 01-28-2019 at 10:19 PM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Rafes official submission

Username:
    Iejir Kothar
    Character Name:
    Rafe
    Physical Description:
    Spoiler: Rafe's common dress 

Native World:
    Daybreak town
    Home town to the five unions Daybreak town was where all keyblade wielders traveled before the keyblade war drowned the worlds in darkness.
    https://www.khwiki.com/Daybreak_Town...CF.87.5Bchi.5D

Keyblade Wielder?:
    yes

Keyblade Description:
    Spoiler: NeoSeekerKey 

Non-Keyblade Weapons:
    none

Powers:
    Magical Prowess

Other Skills:
    Wild power
    Rafe's mana is one of the few things that he retained after his death and subsequent revival, however his reborn body is unable to control the massive amount of power he had developed/

Relevant Backstory:
    Rafe was born in Daybreak town, He trained under Aced in the Ursus union. However he was blind to the Master of Master's true scheme, as they all were. Despite his special training with Master ava Rafe chose not to join her Dandilions and ultimately fell during the keyblade war.

It was only later, after he was reborn thanks to Sora's efforts, that he found himself in the Keyblade Graveyard once again. His memories were scattered and muted the world he once loved now a barren wasteland. He stumbled through the dust and darkness trying to find his friends, failing to recognize their keys left to rust in the dirt around him.

As he traveled he learned exactly how much time had passed, how the Heartless and the Organization had almost destroyed the scattered worlds and heard whispers that the worlds were still in danger. He kept traveling and eventually found himself before the King. Mickey was awe struck that a warrior from the past had been reborn but could sense he was no longer the master he had once been. His memory too distorted to allow him to fight at his side once more.

Rafe was given to Merlin for training but Rafe chaffed at the thought of being given to the old wizard. It soon became clear to him that Merlin was his best hope since Rafe could barely cast a simple fire spell, in fact he nearly destroyed himself the first time he tried only saved by Merlins magic.

His stay was short however, after Flora, Fauna and merry weather helped him not only revive his keyblade but also reforge it with their power Rafe left the tower for Twilight town barely better than he had arrived.

Other Relevant Notes:
    Merlins Journal Entry 0
    They delivered the young man just as i anticipated they would. He was disheveled and ragged but a bit of tea set him right enough to understand the current predicament.
    He took the revelation hard, almost as hard as it must have been to fight in that war, foolish that if only they had thought things through just a bit more.
    His magical power is extra ordinary, I'd never seen such raw power in all my years. It's his control that's lacking.
    Merlins Journal Entry 1
    Jehosaphat! This lad almost destroyed the tower on his second day! I told the boy that it was too early but he was determined to force the issue. I barely got the barrier up in time to mute the power of this spell.
    right now Flora Fauna and Merryweather are using their powers to repair the training room.
    Merlins Journal Entry 2
    Clearly it wasn't just the current threat that was spurring Rafe. It appears when the boy fell in the war it all but destroyed his keyblade. It was all but a hunk of metal when the fairies managed to use their power to retrieve it from that forsaken place.
    However it seemed they had power to spare as right in the boys hands they managed to revive it, oddly enough it changed its form completely! These fairies are truly remarkable.
    Merlins Journal final entry
    The foolish child has run off now to the outer worlds in an effort to assist Riku, He's barely back among the living a few days and thinks he's ready to take on the darkness. And here I thought I was finally getting through to him but it seems he would rather repeat his tragic mistakes.
    Last edited by IejirKothar; 01-29-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Lady Celeste. Just a reminder for if you would like to advertise for more members, here are the links again to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.
    Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I will get to finishing my profiles in a couple of days.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

lol yeah I definitely had time to prepare him while you guys were working things out.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well I do have quite a few characters to get ready. Not using the same exact profiles as I did last time.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Username: DracoDeathtalon

Character Name: Vanigx

Physical Description: Vanigx is known to be around six feet and 5 inches while packing enough muscle to have an eight pack as his body is very well toned for combat despite his past. He currently wears the same hood he kept from the Organization, but cut the hood off from it in order to use it as a jacket. His pants are also black with dark blue flames as a design. His shoes are known for being black and blue in order to acknowledge the bond with his companion. His eyes are brown while his hair is red. His keyblade armor is black and blue with a red core in the chestplate while looking like a dragon complete with wings on the back that function as well.

Native World: Neo Midgar

Neo Midgar was formed from the ruins of Midgar that the numerous battles against Sephiroth, Jenova, and other forces of darkness. It is known that the city itself has adapted itself to keep the lives of the wealthy and the poor balanced. They also have a wall for a defense force to fight back against Heartless and invading monsters.

Keyblade Wielder?:
    Yes

Keyblade Description: Vanigx new keyblade after his rebirth as a human is known simply as Wing of Darkness. The keyblade has a large fang from the original Bahamut despite the keyblade's dark appearance of black, blue, and red while shaped like a sword inspired by the head of a dragon and shaped as such. Whenever Vanigx chooses to call forth his companion, the keyblade shall be struck by oddly colored lightning before it forms a circle of blue flames around the ground to summon the beast. This blade stands as a reminder to his past

Non-Keyblade Weapons: None

Powers:
    Vanigx can summon his faithful dragon known as Dark Bahamut as a means of flight, assisted combat or as an ally to overpower the enemy and possibly turn the tide of battle with its Mega Flare Overdrive. The keyblade can also be used to channel Dark Bahamut's power into boosting his overall strength, speed, and durability temporarily before expiring with a massive radial blast wave called Impulse Wave

Other Skills: Expert Military strategist, a good cook, and can do his best to treat injuries without magic if assistance is given

Backstory: Vanigx was reborn as a human due to the power of the Blue Fairy, but fate had other plans in store for the fallen hero. He had been chosen to bear the mark of Dark Bahamut thus granting him the beasts' power and its keyblade. Since that day, he had chosen to go back to Neo Midgar and train with Cloud to hone his skills back to their former glory. However, darkness had risen once more and he had once again a need to carve his own destiny and seek to end the man who ruined him.

Other info: Theme song is in the link

(Vanigx' mood in a nutshell when on a rampage against Heartless and the organization)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl43giH1j0s
    Last edited by DracoDeathtalon; 01-27-2019 at 05:17 AM.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

... but does have flaws? Vanigx reads more like a serious sam bio than anything else lol

by the blue fairy do you mean one of the three fairies from sleeping beauty?

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well, he’s not good at all with Magic except for summoning Dark Bahamut. Not to mention he’s still adapting to his completely human body meaning his reflexes are still a little slow. The blue fairy from Pinocchio is the one I’m referring to. Another thing is that he’s not fast without Dark Bahamut but has human level strength and durability like that of an average bodybuilder.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

well just off the top of my head I do have a few suggestions to make him just a bit more pallatable.
    he really doesn't need all of those weapons since canonically only keyblades or weapons that the user has a highbond with AKA Leon's gunblade or clouds sword, are capable of destroying the heartless and only the keyblade can release the hearts they hold.
    I'd go with the guantlets personally.

as far as bahamut I'd suggest that early in the story he is a source of inner power sort of makeing you a berserker type of character, and as the story progresses you gain more control of him to the point that you can actually summon him in combat without him running wild.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the blue fairy thing, I looked up her wiki and couldn't find a source as to the limits of her powers but seeing as she just granted life to pinochio rather than creating him herself you could have had his heart restored by her.

Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast