Thread: S.E.E.D.S OOC {Anti- Hero & Bluemoon}

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default S.E.E.D.S OOC {Anti- Hero & Bluemoon}

"There ain't much left here worth keeping."

"To be honest, we don't really know what all happened, those politicians and the men on higher pay-grades controlled what information they could but let' be honest here, this is the end of the world and we know where it started. Some people who hands their hands deep in the pie on the world stage spent a lot of money so that they could make a lot of money and when there came about a threat to the drip into their pocket they found a way to cull that threat from the world. Problem was it worked a little 'to well'. I barely know what day it is anymore but I have kept up with the month and the year.

5-2005, somewhere along the border of Virginia.

I've been walking awhile moving form safe zone to safe zone until I can finally say I'm resting easy. It started in Texas, I lived just north of the gulf by about two or-so hours and had made a fairly easy living with my little girl, even after we lost her mom. I hadn't had much plans for leaving up until I lost her too. I won't linger on it suffice it to say that we lived in a highly populated area and the safe zone wasn't really all that safe, not sure how no one ever saw it, but its neither here nor there now. I guess now is as good a time as any to jot down what happened to set all this in motion. I'm not a science or a politics guy but I can shoot and I can fix almost anything you put in front of me, so I'll do the best I can.

Some 10 years ago, maybe a bit longer now, a bunch of people met in the U.N. to address the overpopulation issues we were facing. Some people were saying to limit birth, others saying that went against basic liberties, and some were pushing far more extreme methods of euthanization. To be honest, this is where it'll get complicated for me to explain. Those dicks up on their thrones decided for whatever reason that culling any place that wasn't considered a first world country would be the best way to go. I'm not entirely against killing, I enlisted when I was eighteen, but this wasn't war it was a literal slaughter. We're talking the rich basically said "Fuck it, hit the reset button." Well that went about as well as you'd expect with the public. Riots, push back, blah, blah, blah. Hell even civil war broke out in a few places. Anyway, they stuck to their guns and went with their plan, suppose someone up there had a little swing politically. Now, what they decided to do was a step by step.
    1. Create a sophisticated system that would fix in issues that stuck around. (From what I understood it was called SEEDS)
    2. Created a short lived bacteria that would infect and kill in vast numbers then die off without much fuss. (I didn't know the name for this thing)
    3. Distribute the bacteria and observe and wait.

Suffice it to say, the bacteria evolved and it managed to infect not just the people but certain animals and found a way to multiply much quick than expected. The main problem was the artificial kill switch didn't work as intended after it was unleashed onto the population. From there it took about a decade for it to spread all over the world and any amount of preparation we did wasn't enough. It started for the United states down in the south, specifically Galveston, Texas. We unleashed the apocalypse on ourselves and from what I saw, things weren't going to get better."

This is where we'll begin.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

When you're ready, post here I'll start the IC or Honestly you can either way, I'd prolyl do better with a follow up post because I don't know VA as well as you.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Name: Gael Cassidy (played by Anti-Hero)

History: Gael, originally, from Texas lived quietly just outside of South Houston, with his teenage daughter, in a little place called Cove. It was the kind of town where almost everyone knew each others name and would catch up down at the local grocery store. It was well known that Gael had served in the military for a few years prior to his wife's passing and his, concurrent with her death, war wound that wound him medically discharge. Turns out even a tough ole bastard like Gael couldn't take more than a few bullets to his stomach and chest without someone taking notice.

He was shipped home and during that was when his wife passed due to your standard car accident leaving him and their little daughter alone to figure out how to pick up without her. That was the tough part, Gael was gruff and that dealt him a bad hand when looking for jobs that he was still medically allowed to do and if it wasn't the attitude it was the people.

Gael's tragedy didn't end with his wife, about two years after her death another car accident took the life of his daughter and left him hospitalized with no family left on this Earth that he cared to worry for. He wallowed in a bit of depression, took to drinking here and there but eventually, he bounced back, picked up a job teaching classes for concealed handgun licensing, it wasn't much but it paid the bills on a small apartment.

About five years after things had begun to even out, the virus used to minimize the population had spread into the ocean and that meant that wasn't long before it would make landfall. Gael packed his things and set out on his move. That leads us right up to about now.

Appearance: (I'm having problems uploading pictures for whatever reason) Joel from The Last of Us

--------------------

Name: Jessica (Jess) Cortez (played by bluemoon)
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Jess 

Jess has a slender frame, standing at 5'6" and weighing 125 pounds. Her hair is long with natural waves, most often pulled back off her face. She typically dresses t-shirt casual, but once the infection sets in, she will most often be found in leather chaps over jeans, leather jacket, steel-toed work boots, and leather gloves. (Also a hospital mask over her nose and mouth.)

History: Jessica was raised on what was referred to as the wrong side of the tracks. Despite the hardships, she figured she had it better than most. She and her younger half brother had a roof over their heads and on most days at least two meals a day. Her mother was present in body only--an addict who sold drugs and her affections...quite often using up her own stock on herself.

Jess raised her brother and herself, keeping them both out of trouble by doing whatever it took. She taught herself how to fight and use a weapon to protect what little they had. She became both street smart and book smart, managing to push herself in school so she could rise above her station in life. She hoped the same for her brother.

By the time Jess was eighteen, she had saved up enough money to get herself into college, but her mother had other ideas. Forcibly taking Jessica's money and kicking her out of the home (with the claim that she was an adult now and could fend for herself) she left her daughter homeless and penny less. But Jess was a fighter. Several failed relationships and low-paying jobs later, she finally got back on her feet and enrolled in nursing school. She was in her third year when the infection crossed the ocean and hit the mainland.

Other:
    --Jessica was raised in Virginia.
    --She has a CCL (carries a Glock).
    --Large scar on abdomen from C-section.
    --Tattoo of a small lizard on inside of right wrist.
    --Never married.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 02-02-2019 at 06:54 PM.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I posted our character sheets, and I will get to working on the IC either later tonight or tomorrow morning. (As for how well I know Virginia, that is debatable. I have only been here two years, but no worries, I will fudge my way through it.)

EDIT: IC is up!

Link: https://role-player.net/forum/showth...59#post3021859

I am not sure where you wanted to meet up, so I left it open. Jess will be staying at the library for the night and heading towards the rescue center in the morning. So both locations are an option, as well as on the road to her destination.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 02-03-2019 at 03:18 AM.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Gah..triple post...bad me!

I know we discussed some of the attributes of the infected, but I was wondering how adept they are at normal things, such as climbing stairs or trees, opening doors, using tools or weapons. Basically are they thinking creatures--able to plot and plan? If this is not something you have already established, we can discuss our preferences.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

message me I got a little busy over the weekend but I intend to have a post up Monday

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

gonna be getting a post up tonight blue!

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Finally posted!