Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.E.E.D.S IC {Anti- Hero & Bluemoon} Rated M for Mature!

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

With her attention on the former marine, Jess pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around them, staring openly at the man now that his eyes were closed. She glanced briefly at his pack, suspecting by his look and comment earlier that he had a radio. It was tempting, but she resisted, it wasn't worth the risk...and if she gauged him correctly, it was what he expected. Perhaps it was a test, baiting her and then waiting to see if she would take a gamble. 'Not today,' she thought. Two weeks ago it would have been different. She had been desperate then, all her food and water taken from her. But her pack was full at the moment and her stomach filled. A radio she could do without.

Leaning forward, Jess tugged off her jacket, tossing it aside into the pile of her belongings. A light layer of sweat coated her skin where the leather had sat, the area under her arms dark with moisture. Making a sound of disgust, she got to her feet, rummaging through her backpack until she found another t-shirt. With her back facing him, she pulled off the offending garment, using it to dry her skin before slipping into the clean one. Better, but not perfect--that would require a shower. She sat back down, this time at the entrance, dangling her feet out the opening.

She watched the house in the yard for movement. It was a popular hangout for the infected--the dark interior keeping them out of the sun and well hidden. She stayed away from homes, preferring to check stores and other buildings when she needed shelter. In the wilds she slept in trees, tying herself to the trunks so she wouldn't fall out, but she was more at home in the city. She could scavenge easily and most places had a supply of food and water if you looked hard enough. In the great outdoors she was lost. She had never hunted, nor would she know what to do with an animal if she caught it. The edibile plants were also a mystery, other than the common berries. The only true outdoorsman's skill she had was making a fire...and that was only if she had her lighter. It was with this thought that she scoffed, thinking maybe teaming up with this marine might not be such a bad idea.

There were pros and cons, just like every decision she had to make recently, and she didn't plan on agreeing to anything until she weighed them both. His mention of an unnamed place that he was looking for had caught her attention. He had lost fellow travelers, but who hadn't, if the infection didn't catch you, the infected would. More than once she had teamed up with others that had concealed a bite, only to learn of it once they turned. It was a risk, just like everything else these days. Traveling in numbers also had its benefits, namely sleep, but also someone to watch your six. She missed that, too often having to run away from danger when she could have just avoided it if she had eyes in the back of her head. Like mother's always claimed.

Jess paused in her calculations, leaning back to check on the playhouse's other occupant. She still did not know his name, nor he hers. His eyes were still closed, but she was unsure if he was asleep. It really didn't matter, she had no plans to rifle through his things or slit his throat. A soft laugh erupted and she put her hand over her mouth to stifle the noise. She began swinging her feet, her heels tapping a light rhymn against the bark. She traced the light scars around her wrists with her eyes, the flesh still harboring a slight pinkish hue. They would be almost invisible in a few weeks, maybe a month, but the memory was not one she would forget anytime soon.

With an exasperated sigh, Jess climbed down the tree and stood at its base. She was going to have to stay active if she expected to remain awake, her eyelids already feeling heavy. She climbed over the fencing and slipped easily into the connecting playground, making her way over to the swings. The rubber seat was a little small for her, but she sat down, pushing against the loose sand to give herself a little momentum. She had thought about the pros, now she needed to consider the cons. Trust--it was a big one. She had no idea what this man was like..or what he expected of her. So far she had only observed what she considered normal male behavior, chewing with his mouth open and burping. She could live with that...and the sarcasm. His pace was slower than hers, but perhaps his endurance would make up the difference. Still not enough to change her mind. Even if he was an asshole, she was still better off with him by her side. She wondered why she was making such a chore of this, her distress clearly unfounded. With another kick against the sand the swing went higher, Jess closing her eyes for just a second to enjoy the feeling of weightlessnes. She was done arguing with herself, the choice was clear, she had to take the chance.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 03-10-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Mr. Cassidy...You cam here looking for something and while you have played your role in helping us, we've come to wonder if you belong here. You've done very little that hasn't caused us problems, so, here's the deal. We're not looking for a rebuttal, pack your things and get out by morning."

He shifted onto his shoulder weaving in and out of memories that were constantly being replayed in his head. It didn't seem like any night he'd had recently wasn't being accompanied by something similar. Gael blamed himself a lot. Usually for not being able to protect someone, though you wouldn't call that uncommon for someone with his past. His eyes snapped open real quick and he checked around him, though, all he saw was her back at the door and he followed that with an exhale and drifted back off. IT was strange for him to have any kind of company after the incidents in the last few weeks. A mother had gone against a plan of action and ended up getting bother herself and her son killed, the town before that had used him for his knowledge and booted him, because they wanted to cut corners and he wouldn't';t have it. The one that still got to him was his daughter, because it was violence that got her it was just sickness. He had felt powerless and this entire scenario had cut him off from being able to find her even the most basic medication. He kept trying to move on but kept dragging himself back.

See in the military he'd heard about an experiment that might be able to save humanity from itself and all its stupid mistakes. The idea was that essentially, scientists how'd developed an artificial intelligence that could counteract everything humans had created, the last he'd heard though was like a sci-fi ultimatum. Because human's were the problem the AI wanted to get rid of them....blah blah blah, they shut it down of course, but apparently the work did in some capacity continue and he wonder if maybe now that the population was reduced to near extinction if this system had any kind of way to pull them back. HE wanted to tell his new partner, hell he'd wanted to tell the ones before and the town and everyone. Because who didn't deserve to know?

click, click, click-clickclickclick-click, click, click

He snapped himself awake, "Morning sunshine." and rifled through his pack before pulling the radio onto the little child's table, he jumped to his knees and hovered over it listening intently. The clicking continued and he messed with two dials on the radio as if he were trying to centralize the sound. "Okay, so...north, maybe north west, at least I'm going the right direction." The clicking stopped. He sighed a bit and sat back onto his butt with a slight glance over at the girl. "That's what I'm looking for."

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

It was his voice which pulled her out of her musings...that and the clicking coming from his pack. She grumbled a 'mornin' back at him, not surprised to see the radio as he retrieved it, already suspecting he had one stuffed in there. What did strike her as odd was that the clicking noise was what he was trying to narrow down as he fine tuned the dial. Unless it was Morse code or something--which would make sense, but didn't help her in the least.

She sighed heavily, the toll of staying awake all night weighing heavily on her. She had thought to wake him several times, but the man's fitful sleep made her realize he probably needed the rest more than she. After returning to the tree fort a few hours before dark, she had paced the small area until she was sure she had left grooves in the floor, finally sitting against the far side and resting her head against her coat. Although she couldn't say with absolute certainty, she did not think she had fallen asleep.

Another sigh and she turned her attention to the radio and then him. "Okay...I'll bite. Just what is it that you are looking for...to the north?" She yawned, covering her mouth, then rubbing at her eyes. "I'm Jess, by the way. If we are considering traveling together I suppose we should know each other's names." She glanced outside, the sun having just risen a short time ago. She could get her sleep tonight...they would need the day for travel. Thankfully the night had been uneventful, the infected holed up inside the house not noticing their presence here. She wasn't sure she would have had the energy to fight them...as tired as she was, she was going to be lucky to keep a fast pace as they made their way along the main roads.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Supposedly, a military installation. Some kind of crazy super computer and a place to stay alive." Blunt, best way to put it, no one believed him anyway, people didn't believe the world was worth saving or that there was anything to save it with. Gael? He wanted to sleep, sleep without having to run while exhausted, put down a pillow rather than a pile of leaves and just lie still without the smell of rotting flesh burning his nose hairs. "There was always rumors about how this whole mess started, aside from the religious nuts obviously. Lots of chatter about mankind culling itself to rid us of resource shortage, you'd think we weren't so foolish, but well, here we are." He sat back away from the radio and pulled a small booklet from his side pocket, it wasn't much, torn up, ripped cover, but it was important.

He flipped a page or two a scrawled some words in what little margin existed but was careful to avoid the hastily written notes. "I'm not sure I believe it, to be honest, but, it gives me something to do while the world tears itself apart. Hell, I get lucky enough, maybe I'll find a girl, get a laid, sleep, eat, and die." He laughed jokingly and ushered his hand toward her, "Interested?" He chuckled again and went back to writing without waiting for an answer.

The girl he'd picked up or been picked up by, depending on how you told the story had finally offered her name and for the life of his he couldn't remember if he'd given her his. "Gael Cassidy. So, Jess, I'm curious to know, we all got one, whats your story?"

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

It was a lot to consider, but Jess merely nodded at his suggestion of a military redoubt and the possible damnation from the government that was supposed to protect them. She had really not given the cause of the outbreak too much thought, merely relying on the news broadcast's information as fact. It had been a shitload of useless data, but a way to pass the time...at least until they had gone off-air. And now there was this new idea, put into her head from the soldier before her.

She was mulling over his words when he pulled out a pamphlet and began writing in the margins, admitting his own doubts about the installation while he jotted down notes. His follow-up with an offer of an intimate nature was met with a light chuckle that mimicked his own and a lifting of her brow. She was not ready to commit to any future possibilities, but the thought of taking him to her bed, if she had one, was not unpleasant. She had already noted that he was fit and pleasant to look at, what else could a girl during the apocalypse hope to find?

With a smile on her lips at her mental wanderings, Jess perked up when she was finally given a name. His question, however, caught her off guard. "My story?" she repeated, then laughed. "Oh God, it's really nothing worth talking about." She leaned forward and crossed her legs, looking out the open doorway to the house below. When her attention returned to him she shrugged. "Okay Gael, I'll give you the quick version. Nursing student from the wrong side of the tracks. Had an apartment in Roanoke, Virginia. I stayed there for two months following the outbreak. Ran out of supplies and took to the road. Discovered quickly that the small mountain towns were not safe and decided to travel south, for no other reason that the road going north was 'occupied'. Met a few people. Watched them die. Been alone, for the most part, the past couple weeks." She shrugged again. "Like I said, nothing interesting. It's like living in the ghetto all over again, only this time, there is no safe place. No police officers to protect you or doors to hide behind."

She sat back, her expression weary. She didn't like talking about herself, at least not to a stranger. Sighing, she looked outside again, gauging the time by the sun. "I think we should get moving soon. All the psychos seem to have gone indoors." She turned her attention back to him and gave him a half smile. "...but I think we have enough time for one more story. Yours. Just who are you, other than a soldier looking for a safe zone?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12