Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

pretty basic as far as final fantasy
    Humans of varius races obviously
    Elves/sylvans
    beast men

i'm not sure about races like dwarves (they've never really appeared in final fantasy continually) and the Vierra since although they've appeared a few times they don't have a consistent lore

for the story I'm thinking of I think the cast should be pretty heavily human. with one or two outliers.

I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Cool, cool. Could a person havew a mechanical limb?

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That depends on how involved it is. Something simple like a gun for an arm is fine but nothing as wild as a fully articulate prosthetic. Remeber this is a world still somewhat reliant on magic and technology is only in its infancy.

I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Okay, makes sense.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Could I have a type of mechanical genius character? Like, he has a lab full of gears and pipes and metal parts and desks covered in messy papers and fast scribbles and he is constantly innovating and he makes mechanical stuff?

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

What I have so far for the first chapter is an uneasy peace among a trio of kingdoms. In the past they were allies but with the magic in the wold waning they become hostile and many wars were fought resulting in the world being devastaed. While its not a wasteland much of it has become uninhabitable and those not living in the capital kingdoms have become nomadic traveling from place to place just to survive.
    small advances have been made in technology to ease the reliance on magic but its still looked at as a minor science and not fully trusted by the populace.
    Because of the hostile relations of each kingdoms war has become the main trade. Many soldiers joined their nations army just for the chance to eat and many mages enlist their services for monetary gain.

The most radical change to the war was the invention of Castertech. A mage and engineer developed a way to seal magic within a special canister about the size of a bullet. Special devices capable of harnessing the spells power could fire this bullet and thus a soldier with no magical talent could use magic on the frontlines.
    because of the nature of this invention and the difficulty involved in its creation very few soldiers are trusted with casters though a few have been found on the black market.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Okay

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

why don't you give me a soft pitch of your character
    I'll see if I can use what you have in mind to build a bit more of the world.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The cahracter I'm thinking of playing is a young mercenary trying to build enough of a reputation to become one of the kings soldiers.
    Hes skilled with the sword but in order to get an edge he acquired a Caster that he had built into a bastard sword.
    yes im essentialy haveing my character use a gunblade but hey if FF and I''ve always liked the original weapon design

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Well, I was thinking some kind of mechanical genius. He has a distaste for magic, wanting to move on, because he can see the potential of technology. He'd be employed as a barkeep, and in the back room is where he works on mechanisms and such.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast