Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steampunk final fantasy idea

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I don't mind you going full engineer but can you think of a reason besides "Technology is the future" for him to dislike magic? so far in the theme of the story the progression of technology is born of necessity rather than curiosity. So really magic while its known of isn't something that many people have had much interaction with since most mages found a place to work within the government, I mean you could dislike mages cause they are essentially upperclass types due to their rare talents but magic itself I can't see a reason to dislike it.

I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Okay. That makes sense. He works for very little money, so obviously he's like 'fuck the upper-class', but yeah okay.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ok thats fine
    what role were you hopeing to fill in the party? mine is clearly geared toward the fighter role possibly leader unless someone joins who I think can fill that role and help the story along.

I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Prolly the rogue

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

So like Riku from ffx? able to use small mechanical creations but also known for sneaking and thieving?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yeah, kinda

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

lets see if we can attract a few more players.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Setting

The Yastan kingdom
    This kingdom was once a center of trade and diplomacy, however the magic wars that ravaged the plains turned it for the most part barren. Many oasis dot its now barren plains that the low folk migrate to and from on a seasonal scale so as not to tax what little workable land they have.
    The capital though once built for trade and culture has become a military fortress housing only those of the royal family and those who can help the Yastan war effort. Four times a year military recruitment is held but only 10% of the applicants make it through selection and only capable mercenaries make it further than the first strata once inside the palatial city.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default The imperium

After the loss of magic, the Imperium rose up from a massive influx of political influence in their local church. These zealots do not scorn the loss of magic and instead see it as a divine decree to cease their reliance on the practice. The Imperium is no friend to any mage who practices unholy magic and they seek to spread their influence through military might.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Zima; the magic empire

In contrast to her sister nations Zima is an empire run by a council of mages. As magic faded and those who could wield what power was left became a political power the Zimans elected their most powerful mages to the council. Now the Empire has become a beacon to mages everywhere who cannot find their place in the other kingdoms.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast