Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steampunk final fantasy idea

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nice

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

going to read this and I think I want to play along

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Cast and characters

The warrior
    played by IejirKothar
    The brash but brave mercenary with aspirations to become a soldier in the kings army.
    Wields a Masword with a three chamber shell cylinder.

The thief
    played by SaltyIrishman
    Hates the snobbish mages and hopes to show that technology can outpace magic.

The mage
    played by {too be determined/ already in talks with player}
    Fiance of the royal prince, able to control magic without losing her life force like most other mages.

The Prince
    played by {possibly an NPC contact me if you think you want to work with him}
    despises the lower class mercenaries and most soldiers. Hopes to conquer the world with his fiances power.

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Lolz i like the mage :P

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

given the overall world and how this kingdom is ruled do you have a personal ambition for her?
    I was thinking possibly she wants to restore the worlds magic but haven't contrived a personal reason for it yet.

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Of course, she wants the magic to be restored, in her world, she thinks that magic can do so many miracles for every human being!

She also wants to prove to her fiancÚ that there is more than just power, and to conquer the world, that magic can do so much good for every class.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Oh good I'm sure the Imperium will love that view point

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

But she won't use her power to hurt others and mabey a little stubborn? :P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well, if you want my honest opinion, there's a lot of information to be desired and what information there is I find sporadic. I guess even in a general idea I like more detail than most, I tend to be a little picky, so I'll give you my brutally honest opinion.

Final Fantasy games, even roleplays tend to have ALOT of world building, creatures, tech, races, magic, etc. Some of my best rps are Final Fantasy-esque and pull a lot from their inspiration. Usually I created bios for the major cities or notable locations, races have advantages and disadvantages, a class system entails a job system which FF is famous for, there's roughly 50 jobs. Those jobs have skill sets, so to balance out things you need to consider looking at those, or you could use FF as an inspiration and create your own. Suffice it to say, you asked for my opinion and my onion is there isn't enough information posted here for me to get passed basic questions which makes it hard to form whether or not the story is going to be a viable success. There's a lot of good rpers here who I know would be willing to help you or to communicate to you how to advertise an idea. As for me, fair warning, I'm an absolute jackass and will respond with brutal honesty if asked.

I would advise looking over certain players rps. Storm writes good ones and you can learn a lot just by reading about what people want to see.
    Last edited by Anti-Hero; 02-19-2019 at 03:53 PM.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I get what you're saying Hero
    What I put up on these boards is usually souly for narratives sake and not really all that heavy as far as mechanics.
    I am experimenting IRL with making a table top system for this world that will have the mechanics of race and class but I find that alot of that does not translate that well to Forum based games.
    That being said I also want this world to build based on the players journey and that's why there isn't a terrible amount of info on the world save a glimpse at its past and the current social climate of the one city.
    I get what you mean in that there is a metric ton of lore to all the FF worlds but its spoon fed to the players and not just fire hosed at them from the start. I tend to write at an intermediate level and like to be one of the stepping stones new players use to get into storytelling and writing. With that in mind I find that most new players are usually scared off by walls of text descibing every nuance and facet of life in a made up world. Too much too soon. Maybe if this story goes well I can make a chapter two and have more information available.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234