Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steampunk final fantasy idea

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Steampunk final fantasy idea [Recruiting}

So I've been mulling over a gerneral plot in my head and I want to know if anyones interested in helping bring it to life?

The basic premise for the plot is much like any other final fantasy story.
    A small rag tag group becomes tasked with an overarching quest line that morphs at some point into a save the world from catastrophe mission.

the idea I had for the world is one where magic is fading. Spell casting is still possible but it's extremely difficult to do, to the point that any major work of magics are done by a team of casters to avoid death by exhaustion.
    I want this to be a thing because I want to avoid too many magic melee hybrids. that being said I am considering a way to re-implement that to the story.
    a method i've seen used a few times in stories and that is the Magic bullet.
    basically a team of mages are able to seal spells inside special shells. One fired the shell has to be recharged by a mage and the power required is the same as if the mage were casting that spell themselves.
    Naturally this will limit what someone using them can do to minor spells unless at some point they get a team of mages to craft a stronger shell.

Now as for the main ingredient of this plot. the part stumbles across a character who can cast magic without straining themselves, as if they were born with an inherited power from the ether.
    This is astounding to them since its only in ancient history that there is record of mortals able to command magic without straining their bodies.
    the part is ordered to find the character and return them to the capital so they might figure out how this happened.

Let me know what you all think and if you have any suggestions.
    Last edited by IejirKothar; 02-18-2019 at 07:41 PM.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

damn all day and no bites, does anyone thing any of this is usable?

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Hi IejirKothar,

Sometimes it takes a bit to generate interest in story ideas. It was up just little over 6 hours on a Sunday before your next update. Also specific themes do tend to take a little longer to generate those in that specific theme to find the thread. Give it some time to see what comes in

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I'd play

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I get that but it was also 6 hours on a sunday afternoon, statistically Id say that is when the most people would be free and browsing the forums. just slightly disheartening at that perspective.

Sounds good Salty always fun to see new blood.
    this is till very much being formed right now though so I'd appreciate any contributions you might have.
    try to keep your temper in check though I suspect quite a few eggs to break while this omlette is being made.

I really like to do anything, but mostly survival types, historical, sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Would it be more serious or comical? Or like Infinity War, a dark, sad plot with elements of comedy mixed in?

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

mostly serious. I don't mind in character levity but allowing too many jokes or eastereggs would derail it to far.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Okay, makes sense.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

any suggestions salty?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

What are the races?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast