Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy: SP adventure

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sorry Junko but the role of beasts in this world is not something I think can work out with a critter of that size. Maybe something smaller like a carbuncle but the idea of having a creature as large and feral as that at a characters beck and call is just clashes with the whole aesthetic of this early chapter.
    I just can't really see a person able to keep a beast like that tame and still interact in the story believably.
    I would suggest a summoner type of character but given the state of magic that isn't viable either.
    can you tell me what this character would even be interested in as far as the setting and plot?
    I'm having a hard time picturing a reason for this character to be involved with the story at all.
    The thief is in the city and trying to prove the viablity of technology, the fighter is trying to prove himself and join the army, The princess is the linch pin of the Princes plans for world domination.
    I just need more info to work with to try and make this idea work.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

sorry for the delay folks, My roomates thought it would be funny to give me the crud after I'd tried to avoid it for so long, I'm not exactly firing on all cylinders

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The Kytan: They are what most people in the world would consider a primitive people refusing the advances of technology and relying on the old ways. Stories say the Kytan were once humans who became so involved in magic it changed them into something else. They are most noticable by the rune patterns that mark their skin, what the priest say are ley lines coursing through the Kytan and a source of their powers. Legend says that when a Kytan's powers are perfectly in harmony the markings will glow however the phenomenon has never been seen by any living being.

The Kytan are a very religious people whose beliefs have always been tied to magic. Many of their religious rites are akin to magical rites. They are a serious people who are duty bound to whatever path they have chosen. They have been known to produce some of the fiercest warriors despite their lack of technology. They are an isolated people as well not interfering in the affairs of outsiders with the exception of their Guardians who once protected the leaders of the world. Many tried to persuade the Kytan to lend their warriors to their cause but they always refused and the Guardians were only meant to protect and would not fight a nation's enemies unless their charge was in immediate danger.

The Kytan living far in the northern mountains and are a hardy people used to the harsh winters. Very few people outside of the Northlands have seen a Kytan as they aren't known for traveling outside of their mountains.

Name: Kaede (pronounced: Keyed)
    Player: Angel Della Notte
    Race: Kytan

Spoiler: Appearance 

Bio: Born to two warriors of the tribe Kaede was selected at a young age to begin training as a warrior to follow in her family tradition. Training began shortly after she was able to walk. It was always something she had excelled in. At the age of eight she was selected to become a Guardian, something there had not been in many years. Tales say that long ago Guardians were warriors who were bonded to the leaders of many Nations. To have a Kytan Guardian was quite a status symbol. Prestige aside having a guardian meant you had no reason to fear. A Guardian's life force was bound to their charge and failure in their duty meant death. It was seen as one of the highest honors to be selected and become a Guardian. However over the years it seemed less and less Guardians were selected until they became nothing more than a child's tale. The Kytan priests said it was the will of the gods but would never elaborate on it.

When Kaede was chosen it was a surprise to everyone. Her training was only half complete but she was to be bound to the Princess Anastasia and bindings worked best when the two were similar age. In the case of the two girls only a couple months apart. The binding ceremony was conducted and Kaede moved south with Princess Anastasia. A Kytan weapons master came with them until her training was completed at the age of sixteen.

What very few know outside of the Kytan priesthood is the Kytan were desperate in needing aid. Several years of harsh winters and foul crops left them without enough to survive. Which is why the priests offered Princess Anastasia's father the opportunity to have a Guardian for his daughter. It was a gamble indeed as no one outside of the priests knows there hasn't been a successful binding in generations. They were so desperate for help the priests faked the ceremony leading everyone including Princess Anastasia and Kaede to believe the magic had worked.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

That works. I'm still building out the intro post and I should have it up tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

I'm trying to set it up so everyone has an organic start and isn't scrambling to place themselves in the world.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Why do I have the feeling the thief will try to, get the princess out of there :P ore will give her roses :P... (Just fooling around)

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I have the flu and it has been whooping my butt.

We Are Warriors

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDellaNotte View Post
    Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I have the flu and it has been whooping my butt.
    Ahhh get well soon!

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Salty did you notice that it was you Kaede was watching?

We Are Warriors

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

So tired, sorry it took so long works been rough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast