Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy: SP adventure

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Final Fantasy: SP adventure

Magic is fading from our world. Spell casting is still possible but it's extremely difficult to do, to the point that any major work of magics are done by a team of casters to avoid death by exhaustion.
    The age of warriors wielding the powers of the abyss and cosmos are gone, the world has lost much of it's splendor after the Magic wars that ravaged it. leaving the world a scarred battlefield with less and less beauty.

However in the absence of practical magic a new power has been discovered. To make up for the gap created technology has evolved. Steam tech has served the world well int he absence of magics bounty. Trains, lights and even primitive personal technology has been developed.
    But what is most impressive is the creating of the Casters. mechanical devices that allow their wielder to fire special shells that the remaining mages have imbued with their magical powers. These devices can house one spell and can be recharged by mages for a small fee.
    this has revolutionized warfare as now commanders lead their soldiers wielding this mighty weapons. Though as is the nature of such things, Many casters can now be found on the black market as well as the shells both scavenged or stolen from the battle fields.

- - - Updated - - -

SETTING

The Yastan Kingdom

The Yastan kingdom
    This kingdom was once a center of trade and diplomacy, however the magic wars that ravaged the plains turned it for the most part barren. Many oasis dot its now barren plains that the low folk migrate to and from on a seasonal scale so as not to tax what little workable land they have.
    The capital though once built for trade and culture has become a military fortress housing only those of the royal family and those who can help the Yastan war effort. Four times a year military recruitment is held but only 10% of the applicants make it through selection and only capable mercenaries make it further than the first strata once inside the palatial city.

The Holy Imperium

After the loss of magic, the Imperium rose up from a massive influx of political influence in their local church. These zealots do not scorn the loss of magic and instead see it as a divine decree to cease their reliance on the practice. The Imperium is no friend to any mage who practices unholy magic and they seek to spread their influence through military might.

The Zimian Empire

In contrast to her sister nations Zima is an empire run by a council of mages. As magic faded and those who could wield what power was left became a political power the Zimans elected their most powerful mages to the council. Now the Empire has become a beacon to mages everywhere who cannot find their place in the other kingdoms.

- - - Updated - - -

CAST

Spoiler: Rafe Barune 

Spoiler: Anastasia 

Spoiler: Cassiel 

Spoiler: Prince Kierran 

Spoiler: How to apply. 
    Last edited by IejirKothar; 02-24-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I want to join, and if you want I want to play a mage the fiancee of the prince
    “I won’t forgive you. I won’t forget you yet, but I’m going to leave you and move on.” – Hatori Chise

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, IejirKothar. If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

You have my attention. What kind of plot are we talking about here?
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I am curious but I'd like to hear more about the plot

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@AngelDellaNotte
    @Imperial1917
    The plot for this first chapter is heavily involved in the Yastian kingdom. it's establishing the party and their need to leave the kingdom with the princess to find out why she is the only mage in ages since the Mage wars to be able to cast magic like the times of old.
    it's gonna be great, we got class hierarchys, conflict between the soldiers and the crown and a despotic prince.
    Last edited by IejirKothar; 02-20-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

How do you feel about a non-human character who is the princess' bodyguard and their life forces are bound together meaning that if the princess dies my character would die? I am thinking the race she is makes deals like this on a regular basis with royals and nobles and whatnot that it is like an inherent magic specific to this race.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@AngelDellaNotte
    I had brainstormed about that before.
    So extra human races. the Vierra, the mithra and the others demi humans that Final Fantasy has are all tied to magic in this world. Since its faded they have become more bestial thought they are still intelligent.

As far as the life pact I don't mind it if it's a little less magical and more honor bound type of thing. since that sounds like a type of spell/curse that would require a lot of energy to bind and part of this narrative is that even mundane spells are hard to conjure do the weakened magics of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

but with that I think i'm goin to turn in. Had a busy first day of work and have to get up early again tomorrow. I'll write up something on the prince at some point.

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@AngelDellaNotte

did you and pidpuu work out who your character is?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast